Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

I think the gear system is bad

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> I think the gear system is bad
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/6/2017 7:49:57   
Horogami

So from what I understand (correct me if i'm wrong pls), the strength of the items that we can equip are based on their level which remains the same no matter what we do. To become stronger, then we have to find items of higher levels as our character grows in levels because using lower-leveled items will hinder us. I don't think this is good design because it basically forces us to abandon older items as our character levels up simply because the stats they provide will be obsolete. I have played a ton of other games with gear/leveling systems and I can say the system here is pretty bad compared to the others because the items here don't scale up in level. Take Destiny for example, most of the drops that are not common-tier are still usable in the end-game since you can find versions that drop with stats appropriate to your characters strength, and others can just be plain upgraded. The high-end weapons there just boast very unique effects/upgrades and aesthetics which is what make players collect them. Even AQW allows you to upgrade your old weapons with enhancements haha(although I think a cooler system than this could be implemented). In here, you can have a level 8 awesome-rarity weapon ditched by a lvl 15 player for an uncommon weapon because the level 8 weapon can't be made useful as your character grows stronger. I don't know if you guys agree but it would be waaaay better if the system for gear and leveling were to be changed a bit.
Post #: 1
2/6/2017 12:30:49   
eliminatorr

From what I understand of your point, you believe that items having set levels and better boosts at higher levels is a bad design because lower levelled items that anyone can get at that level only have stats for the level that the item is at. So because you don't want to adventure and earn stronger weapons but want to have them get stronger wither passively or by drop or quest (Which is how you get stronger weapons anyway). And there's the Cosmetic slots that will eventually be implemented, so you can keep the twig and have the stats of a universe destroying sword
Post #: 2
2/7/2017 6:26:26   
Horogami

Yeah I think it would be better if the strength of items would be based of their rarity instead of a set level so players who put time into collecting rare crafting materials/doing quest lines would be rewarded with strong and rare gear that they can use indefinitely. The way it is now, you could spend a long time working for a rare level 10 weapon but having to ditch it at level 15 because even common level 15 weapons outclass it. A system I'm proposing is to make weapons' have stats or other perks based on their rarity and simply allow players to upgrade them as their character levels up to keep their usefulness relevant. This will allow us to keep gear that we have earned before for sentimental reasons or whatnot. The rarity system would basically make items that are harder to get stronger or have unique effects which is a departure from AQW where rare items (usually) just look really cool.
Post #: 3
2/7/2017 6:45:39   
eliminatorr

Well weapons with a higher rarity tend to be stronger than others at that level because they're harder to get and rarer such as Shadowed Nightlocke compared to Vorah Dagger. Yes Vorah Dagger has higher raw attack, the others are probably going to be better due to other buffs. Nightlocke War Axe is arguably better than Decayed Dragon's Bane, despite NWA not having a boost to Mana, but having higher boosts in the other stats. The rarity is more just how hard it is to get, harder to get weapons are stronger than weapons that are easier to get to a degree in terms of levels. What you are proposing is sort of already implemented but limited, in the Guardian Blade and Nightlocke which goes to Shadowed Nightlocke and hopefully further. And then there is still the cosmetic slots coming to keep sentimental stuff while still being strong
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> I think the gear system is bad
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition