Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes February 13th, 2017: This Weekend: Dreadfire Keep + Infernal Dark Lord

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes February 13th, 2017: This Weekend: Dreadfire Keep + Infernal Dark Lord
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/13/2017 18:41:48   
GojetaDragon08
Helpful!

quote:

February 13, 2017
This Weekend: Infernal Dark Lord
Set Available for a Limited Time Starting Friday
Lord Balax'el is a scion of the Darkness, leader of the Infernal Army invading Lore to help the Queen of Monsters fulfill her goals. For those who aspire to be like him, you're in luck! We have a wicked new armor set coming this weekend!

The set consists of:
  • Infernal Dark Lord armor
  • Dark Lord's Visage helm
  • Wings of Wrath cape
Infernal Dark Lord Set Availability

These items will be available until March 3rd for AdventureCoins... but it WILL come back in the future (just like reoccuring event gear does)! The set will be avilable for two weeks whenever we have a release featuring Lord Balax'el or which focuses on Dreadspire Keep. (So if you can't get it this month, keep an eye on the Design Notes for when it will return!)

Tags: Alina

quote:

February 13, 2017
This Weekend: Dreadfire Keep
The Queen of Monsters' Saga Continues in Dreadfire!
This month, journey to Dreadfire Keep, where the Queen of Monsters’ infernal allies have made camp - a base from which to continue their invasion of Lore!

Starting Friday, February 17th, /join dreadfire to find:
  • Haasheth: Dreadfire Reputation NPC
  • Cimzon: Infernal Gear Shop Vendor
  • Tasom: Dreadfire Pet Shop Vendor
  • Skamedar: Hair Shop Vendor
  • Malurach: Militia Leader

Fans of OverSoul may recognize the monsters below - these three snuck into OUR world from the lands of the OverSoul the last time we opened a portal there. Captured by the Infernal Army, these luckless creatures have been trapped in the Dreadfire dungeons to await tasty HeroSnacks!

Fiendishly Stylish New Pets and Hairstyles
Talk to Skamedar in DreadFire Keep to choose from one of six new hairstyles!

And, if you dare, convince Tasom that YOU are the perfect guardian for one of... its (we can't really tell WHAT gender Tasom is)... new pets.

Do YOU want to join the Infernal Army?
Make no mistake about it, the Infernal invaders are the BAD guys -- these are your enemies. But sometimes, you've got to make nice with your opponents in order to gain their trust and learn their secrets. If you're up for going undercover and... bending the truth of your allegiance... you'll have the option of ranking up an additional Dreadfire reputation: Dreadfire Militia. Starting this Friday, talk to Malurach in Dreadfire Keep!

Tags: Alina

*A certain Radioactive Biobeast rolls in and tags! Thanks for formatting the Design Notes, GD08! ~Kokujoe

< Message edited by Kokujoe -- 2/13/2017 19:23:22 >
Post #: 1
2/13/2017 18:48:34   
Guardian Patrick

What are the differences between Brimstone Keep and Dreadfire Keep?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/13/2017 18:52:15   
The ErosionSeeker

Okay great, so instead of an Infernal rep, it's just a Dreadfire rep for this zone.
While I wasn't surprised that they'd go for the "you're helping them but you're actually a spyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!", I'm not really convinced this was narratively correct.
DF AQW  Post #: 3
2/13/2017 19:25:23   
Cord son 2

just make the set rare, just like most of the things in game. on the same note, this whole place seems promising cant wait for everything that will come!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/13/2017 20:13:44   
ShatteredReality

Two new factions? Well, I didn't really like having spare time anyway.
AQW  Post #: 5
2/13/2017 21:29:44   
nalguth

Glad the AC set will be recurring, although
quote:

for those who aspire to be like him

is one of the funniest things I've ever read. I hope the OS monsters will have some nice drops.
AQW  Post #: 6
2/13/2017 21:45:31   
Rtkat3

The Design Notes confirmed that Lord Balax'el is the leader of the Infernal Army, but not the leader of the Infernal Realm. It would appear that we will be going undercover to find out what the Infernal Army is planning and perhaps we might find out the fate of Princess Tara.

What are the three creatures from the Oversoul reality that the Infernal Army has captured and placed in the dungeons of Dreadfire Keep?
AQ  Post #: 7
2/13/2017 21:46:40   
orc orc orc

@Guardian Patrick
I believe the release got renamed, since there already exists a map named Brimstone. I don't know whether it'll take place in the Ring of Fire Islands, but it was likely a preemptive measure to prevent overlapping of names. (Though we do have several cases already, most of which are items)
Post #: 8
2/13/2017 21:54:21   
Rtkat3

@above Brimstone Steppes is on the Ring of Fire Islands.
AQ  Post #: 9
2/13/2017 21:57:04   
orc orc orc

@above
I was referring to Dreadfire keep, whether it'll take place on the Ring of Fire Islands.
Post #: 10
2/13/2017 21:59:25   
LouisCyphere

Why do we have two reputation from the same faction?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/13/2017 22:09:46   
Rtkat3

We don't even know where Dreadfire Keep will be kept. For all we know, it might've been located at where the Infernal Realm portal opened on Lore or in an unexplored part of Lore.
AQ  Post #: 12
2/13/2017 22:15:02   
Iron Volvametal

quote:

What are the three creatures from the Oversoul reality that the Infernal Army has captured and placed in the dungeons of Dreadfire Keep?

Bing, bang, blam.
AQW  Post #: 13
2/13/2017 22:16:42   
Keeper of the Owls

So Balax'el is to AQW as Ridley is to Metroid?

< Message edited by Keeper of the Owls -- 2/13/2017 22:17:06 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/13/2017 22:33:24   
orc orc orc

@Rtkat3

That's the point. If it were to take place in the Ring of Fire Island, there would be a justification behind the name 'Brimstone keep'. Since it has been renamed, it's likely taking place somewhere else.
Post #: 15
2/13/2017 23:04:51   
Rtkat3

@Iron Volvametal So the three monsters are Night Stalker (a demonic version of Vampire Beast), Cosoma Titan (which is evolved from Cosoma), and a third type of Earth Elemental.

@Keeper of the Owls Ridley was said to be the minion of Mother Brain where Lord Balax'el is the leader of the Infernal Army and servant of the as-yet-unidentified Infernal Realm ruler that lent Lord Balax'el's army to the Queen of Monsters.

@above Once Friday's release occurs, we'll know if we have the information on where Dreadfire Keep is or not.
AQ  Post #: 16
2/14/2017 0:22:14   
paskyfer007

This is what I really hate don't like about AQW.
They make a new faction, but forget the old faction.
If you don't get it, I'm talking about hair shop in dreadrock and swordhaven.
And they already make hair shop for infernals, smh
Post #: 17
2/14/2017 0:36:00   
orc orc orc

Yeah, I wonder what happened to the supposed Swordhaven Castle and Dreadrock hair shops. A lot of the old stuff have been left to gather dust, quite frankly. Whether it's classes, maps or the Book of Lore. It's been six months and the promise from the Dracolich War still hasn't been kept. Then again, it took 9 months to release Void Highlord. Right know, there are other priorities such as the Rewrite and updating old stuff isn't easy to do. Perhaps after the rewrite such updates may come.

However, in place of filler releases, it'd be cool if there are releases that dedicate in fixing/updating some of the old, broken stuff. A few times per month.

< Message edited by orc orc orc -- 2/14/2017 0:39:58 >
Post #: 18
2/14/2017 5:03:16   
paskyfer007

quote:

Why do we have two reputation from the same faction?

Because why not? I think AQW always do that.
Maybe Death Pit Brawl and Death Pit Arena ain't enough.
How about Good and Swordhaven? Maybe they're not good enough(?)
Etherstorm and Elemental Master? Since they have something in common, element.
Evil and DoomWood? Blade of Awe and Treasure Hunter?
How about other faction?
Post #: 19
2/14/2017 6:32:34   
LouisCyphere

@paskyfer:
But Death Pit Brawl faction is for PVE players while the Death Pit Arena is for PVP players. Those two factions served to different purpose.
Good and Swordhaven is quite redundant actually. Good thing we don't have an Evil and Shadowfall factions.
Etherstorm refers to the elemental dragons while the Elemental Master refers to one of the schools in Dragon Rune hall. They're both different. They just have a common them but different context.
Doomwood refers to the location and it's not inherently evil. Artix is located there and provides quests for Doomwood faction.
Blade of Awe refers to a single artifact while Treasure Hunter is already obsolete and can't be ranked up.

We also have Aegis and Dreadrock factions but those refer to locations despite being aligned to Good and Evil faction respectively.

The problem is that the staff didn't made a clear distinction between the Dreadfire faction and Dreadfire Militia faction aside from we're spying but that would apply to both of them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/14/2017 12:20:53   
paskyfer007

well my post above was satire comment
and I understand what do you worry and concern about aqw
Post #: 21
2/14/2017 12:27:54   
Ach1

IMO instead of adding bunch of stuff without any reason, they should focus on adding functionality to already existing factions/items/maps. Like the reputations you guys mentioned. Areas like Dreadrock/Aegis, despite being super awesome and full of potential are gathering dust like orc said. I would even prefer having releases less frequently but getting 1 release every once in a while that is very well implemented, with nice rewards and storyline.
AQW  Post #: 22
2/15/2017 12:13:48   
Beshin Adin

Something that gets me, Lord Balax'el keeps coming back every time we kill him. Doesn't that mean General Chamat is still alive? If so, will we fight him again one day?
AQ AQW  Post #: 23
2/15/2017 13:49:05   
Rtkat3

The Queen of Monsters revived Chamat following his death at the hands of Banshee Mallora in order to open a portal to the Infernal Realm when we first arrived in the Celestial Realm to help fight the Infernal Realm's creatures. Chamat, Drayko Lancer, and Tyndarius are still at large and lingering in the Queen of Monsters' lair where she still has Lycan Queen Safiria as her prisoner and is keeping King Alteon the Imbalanced alive.
AQ  Post #: 24
2/15/2017 14:57:37   
Beshin Adin

I believe that Chamat, who was integral in freeing the Infernals, should join Balax'el in becoming the two primary antagonists in the Infernal saga.
AQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes February 13th, 2017: This Weekend: Dreadfire Keep + Infernal Dark Lord
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition