Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The shadow walker of time 2017 armour

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: The shadow walker of time 2017 armour
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/17/2017 12:46:30   
Andlu

quote:

they're not anything amazing or unique

I'm sorry, but you're wrong about this on AQ

The set has an incredible synergy and it's the first of it's kind in AQ, I hope it gets the same uniqueness in AQ

it's supposed to a dodgy(high defenses + shield nice combo) % HP damage dealing powerhouse(skill on the armor) with celerity chance(skipping an enemy turn)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
2/17/2017 12:46:53   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Louis -
There are ways to play outside of Japan, even in the English language. But this is the DF forum, so I'll leave it at that.

As for SWoT being defensive... Well, I dunno, the thing about defensive classes is that the only time most people ever use them is against challenge bosses since other classes take care of normal quests way faster, which really limits how many are needed in the game. We've already got Necro for reversing damage, DL for damage reduction/avoidance, Cryptic for absolute avoidance, Archivist for turn-skipping, Paladin for healing, etc. What new and unique method of tanking could SWoT have, to make it worth adding another defensive class?

@above -
Ah, well, I only played around with it for like 15 minutes and it didn't seem all that great from my first impression.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 2/17/2017 12:48:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/17/2017 12:49:17   
LouisCyphere

Well, it could be the first Calendar class to be a defensive class.
As for how it will be defensive, the staff can think of a way.

AQ's SWoT is great! Celerity and High MRM (except magic) are great bonuses.
Stacking Fragile status effect is just perfect.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 2/17/2017 12:51:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/17/2017 12:50:30   
Andlu

Yeah did you use the shield + weapon plus some other combos? It's supposed to be bursty to both low HP monsters with the damage skill and to high HP monsters with the permanent -END skill

anyways, back on topic

I think that SWoT might be more offensive than every other calendar class, maybe NOT avatar of time, since that thing is a basic powerhouse
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
2/17/2017 13:33:09   
Dark Lord Urmi

oh god i hope its not super defensive..that would be so boring :/
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
2/17/2017 13:47:26   
Baron Dante

I dunno, I always like a nice defensive class.
At least for me, outside of specific situations, defensive classes generally have more applications.

I've kind of stuck to Paladin far too much lately, but it's for good reason. Then again, it also generally has fairly good offensive capabilities due to being locked to Light, but those defenses are just delicious.
With that in mind, I kind of have issues actually using the other really great defensive classes nowadays, so having a new option to play with could be interesting.

And, at least for me, shadows are more of a defensive thing, in the sense that you're kind of uh, hiding in them (Which yeah, can have offensive purposes too, but y'know)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
2/17/2017 13:57:30   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ ive always seen light a defensive as light/white magic generally has the healing spells while dark magic is usually the heavy hitter.

it will probably be an evasive/offensive type which would be great and fit the tone the other versions had.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
2/17/2017 15:15:10   
Baron Dante

I do agree with that, but at the same time, I don't associate shadows with darkness. Rather, shadows are born from the combination of light and darkness.

So in that sense, maybe it'll be similar (but probably better) to Paladin?
I wouldn't mind it. Insane defenses with at least good offenses sounds like my kind of thing.

I do also agree it'd fit with evasive/offensive though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/17/2017 17:44:14   
Greldracion

Longer post ahead!

AQ SWoT: High defenses that are increased more with the full set equipped. an above average nuke that is offset by the chance to give your opponent an extra turn. An Endurance nerf skill that, for enemies that are high in that stat, essentially is a nuke skill, as well as makes them more susceptible to bleed, burn, and poison status effects. Has a shield that attempts to inflict bleed on a successful block and a weapon that may grant your entire side an extra turn.

AQW SWoT: Auto attack increases your hit or dodge chance and decreases opponent's hit or dodge based on if you used the 4th skill. 1st skill deals damage and applies a DoT or HoT if you used the 4th skill. 2nd skill either applies -20 All to one opponent or records damage over 10 seconds and and then hits the enemy with that damage if 4th skill was used. 3rd skill hurts you but makes you unhittable for 4 seconds or deals damage to opponents and gives you mana back after 2 seconds if you used the 4th skill. 4th skill decreases opponent hit and crit and increases your hit and crit, but if you used auto attack before the skill you double your DPS but take 1.2 damage.

So I think DF SWoT would do well with calendar class shenanigans + IBR/Pyro/Ninja DoT's+pirate nerfs. What do you guys think?

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 2/17/2017 17:46:42 >
AQ  Post #: 34
2/17/2017 21:26:29   
Dark Lord Urmi

Im sorry baron i can't agree with your interpretation of shadows as shadows have always been associated with darkness (there is a good line in jack 3 about shadow.)
I have however heard light and dark mixed together called a few things, Twilight, dusk, eclipse (before a certain book series hurt their cool factor), equilibrium..and a few others i can't remember at this time.

as for the class itself i foresee a slightly more offensive cryptic.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
2/17/2017 21:35:02   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF GD

I find it really interesting that we're getting a shadow-themed armor right after we finish conquering a giant army of darkness. Maybe one of the skills will have to do with banishing Caitiff? It'd be a neat way to commemorate winning the war!

I see it as being a more offensive class, maybe on that focuses on status inflictions? Those who strike in the shadows often use things like poision or traps to help them in their work. So maybe something like Greldracion suggested, with it incorporating Ninja somehow!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
2/17/2017 22:25:11   
Greldracion

@ Urmi

Problem with making the class like an offensive cryptic is that cryptic is already extremely offense oriented, so making an even more offensive cryptic would either push tier 4, or make another AoT. I was thinking more of mix the poison capabilities of ninja and Ice Bound Revenant (mainly having two slow dots and and IBR's winter's chill) then have ninja and pirate's D/P/B skills, and pirate's nerfs, but that's just my thoughts.
AQ  Post #: 37
2/17/2017 23:12:14   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ I don't like the idea of all the shadow walkers being time mages with weakening debuffs and dark warps and suddenly having this one be a ninja with poison then again i don't like the ninja and pirate classes to begin with (people keep bringing up making it a ninja i dont get it..)

the AQ version has a high dodge rate with a powerful dark elemental time attack and a devastating endurance debuff

the aqw one is similar to that but a little all over the place but still has that ascetic

the one thing that these classes have in common besides ascetic is the ability to debuff so i could see that happening.

but agree to disagree I suppose.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 2/17/2017 23:16:51 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
2/18/2017 7:28:10   
Aryc

I get the feeling that Tomix Dove is going to make this one rather unique, like Archivist. I'm also personally hoping for another DPS class from this, and, if it isn't as unique as I had believed, I personally love the idea of making it a more offensive Cryptic, considering that's my second favorite class.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 39
2/18/2017 7:53:23   
Commander_In_Red

Whenever I say the name of this new class to myself, my mind sorta drifts towards the 10th Pokémon movie, which had an almost literal "shadow walker" in it, plus a God of Time. For this reason, I am hoping that it'll be something like the two of those, except less Godlike, obviously.

< Message edited by Commander_In_Red -- 2/18/2017 8:00:39 >
DF  Post #: 40
2/18/2017 8:55:21   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Baron -
quote:

I don't associate shadows with darkness. Rather, shadows are born from the combination of light and darkness.

You know, I hear this a lot and it makes no sense to me. I mean, yes, they're only called shadows when they're in an otherwise-lit environment, but that's just semantics; what they actually are is a relative absence of light, which is the definition of darkness.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/18/2017 9:14:08   
Aryc

@Sakurai Shadows are the absence of light produced when it strikes an object. You need both light and darkness present in order for there to be a shadow, therefore it is the closest possible thing to a combination of the two elements.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 42
2/18/2017 9:39:47   
Andlu

This was a pretty touched subject in AQ. I mean we have the whole shadow saga, shadow monsters, etc and they're all light/dark. Ultimon, which was basically the 'boss' of everything, got to explain that real shadows are the ones that use the power of both light and darkness. The fake ones would only use darkness but NOT light. I know this is only canon in AQ, but it still gives a great idea on how it could be connected to those two elements.

This is what ultimon himself call as a fake shadow
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
2/18/2017 9:39:50   
HwarangxDxArcher

When you saw something that reflect light in a different manner, the one that reflect less light is what we called Shadow. In this case, Shadow can only exist if there is light. So, it's definitely not what I call as darkness.
DF Epic  Post #: 44
2/18/2017 14:55:46   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Aryc, Hwarang - Yes, I realize how shadows work. But like I said, that's just semantics; say there's a pitch-black patch of shadow in a lit room. If you turn the light off, that area looks exactly the same, only the surroundings changed. So when turning the light on and off, it goes from shadow to darkness to shadow to darkness, etc., despite the fact that the dark area itself is not changing whatsoever. It's useful as a word to describe those particular instances of darkness, but trying to use the connotations of a word that is completely relative to define an element is silly.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 2/18/2017 14:56:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/18/2017 15:46:22   
Dark Lord Urmi

so if a single shadow in a room full of light is more light related is a single candle light in a room full of darkness more darkness related? it runs off the same logic.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
2/19/2017 0:08:57   
TheFourSins

All there is to konw is:

Shadow can't exist without a source of light. Only darkness can't create shadows and it will remain unseen, nonexistent. There is a need of both element to create shadows. One cannot be without the other.

There is no difference from a room full of lights with only a shadow and a room full of shadows with only a light. They are both the consequences of the light and darkness.

.. So what I am saying is, Light and Darkness have a kid called Shadow :P

Edit: ponctuations

< Message edited by TheFourSins -- 2/19/2017 0:52:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
2/19/2017 18:37:28   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Considering you play solo in DF, a pure defensive would be really boring, but we don't really have it, we don't need tanking in DF because tanking is only for MMOs. All classes in DF are a bit hybrid in their style. In comparison, Necromancer is more defensive since it got blind, shield, shield that reverts dmg, damage reflection, HoT, while paladin can heal itself a lot, they are definitely not just a defensive or healer class since they also deal a large amount of damage themselves. And Archivist is kinda oriented for bossfights since it can muscle it's way through A LOT of dmg and get itself full-healed once in a fight.
DF AQW  Post #: 48
4/4/2017 1:43:34   
Black_Crystal

I'm guessing it will either be a slow nuke armor or a defensive armor.

Just a question, I would like to know is the armor able to be share across all characters in that account?
If yes, how do I get them for the other accounts?

< Message edited by Black_Crystal -- 4/4/2017 1:45:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
4/4/2017 2:19:10   
Jay

Nightclaw
DF Pedia, EC & Strat

I don't know what it's going to be like but I'm excited now since I just bought my 2017 calendar. If it is defence, that might give me a good excuse to start focussing on defencive strategies and stats more since I've always been more offensive-focused.
DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: The shadow walker of time 2017 armour
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition