Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

I know why Ashfall is called such now. (Ashfall Gold feedback)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> I know why Ashfall is called such now. (Ashfall Gold feedback)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/28/2017 1:28:12   
megakyle777

Because it will turn your gold funds to ash.

All joking aside, maybe I'm just a noob, but I think with Ashfall, we've hit a issue that was starting to be prevalent with Shatterskull Tower.

Namely, Gold is TOO scarce, items are too expensive, and the grind, at least for me, is too large.

First, the Gold being too scare. Most crafting items here sell for either 10 gold, or even nothing. Meanwhile, to craft one level 15 item (Not even a purple lol) costs 7000-8000 gold. The PURPLE items all cost 12,000 gold. The new Gurdian items can cost a man up to 20,000 god for one (Galanoth's hilt, the cost of the blade itself). And it is really REALLY hard to get gold now.

That's not even taking into account the items neede to craft certain things. If you want a set you will need a lot of Obsidian Ingots, and they cost 200 gold apeice. And you'd need 50 of them for the scale set. Actualy, you need MORE because you need to use them to craft the OTHER ingots you need.

And this is at level 15.

It's getting way too crazy to be honest. Gold is too few, items cost too much, crafting stuff is insanely hard to get. If we keep going on this scale it will go overboard. DX
DF  Post #: 1
2/28/2017 14:44:56   
ernitis

I feel that it's fine as it is.

Considering that most of the items are epic quality, I prefer them to be hard to get. In the current system, it looks like it would take maybe a bit more than a week to get all the items if you don't play that much.
For me, it feels like the area has more replay value if I am constantly aiming for hard to get items. Plus, having to grind for gold makes us go back to areas like Shatterskull (was that how it's called?) tower or go kill older bosses like the giant wolf or the Gatewraith for those valuable boss only drops.
One other reason I like that is, it separates the casuals from the more dedicated players. It would be quite sad if EVERYONE was wearing the best gear in the game, just because it was easy to get.
Not all the gear should be super expensive, and it certainly isn't. We have our 'Uncommon' (Green) gear that you get from quests.
P.S. The materials have to be gathered in one place, but gold doesn't. If you can't afford spending gold for it now, just do some side goals or advance the story and you'll have enough gold before you know it... Well, maybe not that fast. (I know it's a bit difficult to say that now since there aren't many 'side' goals or many stories to do, but in the future, this will be less of a problem with the inclusion of PvP and maaaaaaybe profession skills.)
Just my two cents.
Post #: 2
2/28/2017 16:07:22   
Roaros

I dont mind a little grind, but the sheer amount of gold required is beyond ridiculous. Im not going to grind away 100k gold, at 25g a pop. Thats just masochistic.
Post #: 3
3/1/2017 4:45:36   
LadyYennifer

When asked about it on Twitter? Cysero was a little blunt and rude about the topic.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
3/1/2017 5:23:30   
megakyle777

In my experience, Cysero tends to be very... blunt. Sometimes people (myself included, hence why I don't tweet to him too much) find that difficult to deal with. But he generaly means well. Just again, very blunt.

I mean I would not even mind the price so much if the items were worth it statwise. But maybe 2 of them are. My blue set from shadowskull is better mostly.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/1/2017 5:30:16 >
DF  Post #: 5
3/1/2017 14:50:04   
chisagen

I agree 100% with ernitis posted.

I feel the way things are right now are okay. The cost of crafting the basic items of Ashfall is fine. Is it a little bit of a grind? A little, but these are some of the better items in the game. In regards to the "secret set", I would say it is also fine where it is. The sword alone is so much farther ahead of every other weapon in the game that it deserves to be as expensive as it is. It gives players an incentive to work toward and it also gives players a reason to go back through some older areas to farm for gold. You don't have to get the items as soon as they come out :p It isn't going anywhere.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
3/1/2017 18:26:02   
the hemomancer

The gold requirement is a bit much. Not everyone is a hardcore grinder, and we lose players when we cater only to them. It might be a bit tolerable now but if this continues, 20 more levels and we are looking at maybe 100k gold every item piece or even more, its just ridiculous. Sure it might be quite fast to kill even enraged valek now with all max level players active in the area, try doing it after the area is abandoned and everyone has moved on like when you're a new player and it will be such a pain. I doubt anyone would call it easy when you are forced to kill an hp sponge alone.
Post #: 7
3/1/2017 20:04:43   
Flabagast

Ernitis has some very good points. For me personally, it isn't an issue.
Mind you that's mostly thanks to Gold Raven and his 10 richest players video he was making. O_o

BUT with that said, ^^^ Another good point point above. If there is a reason as to why the cost of crafting materials has increased so suddenly, I'm betting it's because players had a lot more time to get gold before Ashfall part 1 was finally released, and the time periods between releases was much shorter.

Hopefully the gold curve should ensure the gold supply keeps up with the demand as the level cap continues to rise.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
3/1/2017 21:17:02   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @ernitis
One other reason I like that is, it separates the casuals from the more dedicated players.

I like the ability to separate the two. However, as the game currently is, a new player has to spend a ridiculous amount of time just to get standard gear.
As a casual, this game is completely unusable. This doesn't only apply to Ashfall... all items are ridiculously overpriced. Relatively speaking, it takes less than twice the time to farm for Ashfall drops than for 'standard' drops.
Does anyone really think a casual (of whom there are usually many more than die-hards) is going to spend more than half the time of a dia-hard gamer?

It's all very well to say 'reward the dedicated players,' but that does not make for a good game if it comes at the cost of the enjoyment for those of us who don't like spending ten hours to advance a single plot point.
Why spend 10+ hours grinding for a single item when you could complete Portal in that time, easily?
Post #: 9
3/1/2017 21:45:37   
LambO

Need to make Dragon Crystals (DC) being able to turn into gold.

1 Dragon Crystal = 1,000 Gold.
1DC to 1k Gold would be fair since how much that everything gold related costs, costs so much.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/3/2017 8:46:57   
Sparhawk
AQW Game Moderator

I don't seem to have an issue with gold and I don't grind for it. Worth keeping an eye on this though, and discussing it. I can see how various player styles can affect how much gold you have laying around.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/4/2017 16:07:29   
Vypie

For the speed you can gather the necessary crafting materials, gold comes at a 20% rate in comparison, or less.

If you didn't have gold at the start of ashfall, you will spend the first fifth of your play-time collecting the materials, and four fifths farming the gold to actually craft the items.
It is feeling a bit frustrating for me, even when taking into account that I started out this expansion with 37.000 gold in my pocket.
Epic  Post #: 12
3/5/2017 14:09:35   
Loftyz

@Vypie
It just boggles my mind that people complain that a non-essential set of armour which is mostly not the best-in-slot gear is hard to obtain. You don't have to craft it. This is end-game content for those who want to continue to play until the next Ashfield release.
DF AQW  Post #: 13
3/5/2017 19:05:05   
Retrosaur

The expensive gear is all terrible stats wise, with the only exception of the Scale Slayer, Scale SLayer Companion, and Drake Slayer Capes, which only come out to around 34k coins -- if you really want defensive armor just get Shadow gear at Shadowskull Tower.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
3/5/2017 21:25:00   
Dual Thrusters

@Retrosaur

Right? The helm and shoulders give slightly less stats than the shadowed plate gear and don't even have the % modifiers. The belt and boots have % modifiers, but they only improve 1 stat, and not by much. And the gloves....at first I thought they were level 10 gear lol.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/5/2017 22:45:59   
Snowy

Well it really depends on where you farm the gold. For example, you could farm around 25k gold per hour at the Shadowskull Tower dungeon, but it'll require dungeon keys. It shouldn't be too bad if you farm casually each day at Shadowskull Tower, but other than farming at Shadowskull Tower dungeon, I do believe that gold is too scarce everywhere else, especially in other dungeons and for storyline quests.

I think part of the reason why gold is really scarce is because AE doesn't want players to farm an insane amount of gold (maybe for future content and features) even though making gold scarce doesn't really stop players from farming for more. Other than that, AE wants to keep gold valuable. They did give us an example of the value of gold that "if you can earn 800g in an hour the sword costs 800g" and "if you can earn 9,999,999,999g in an hour, the sword costs 9,999,999,999g".
AQW  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> I know why Ashfall is called such now. (Ashfall Gold feedback)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition