Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 20 of 23«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/20/2017 22:04:11   
fxmybrute13

Why did they move SoN? Putting it behind Nulgath was a nuisance, I grant you that, but it was a good nuisance. Gave some purpose to the monster, as it was the Shadow of Nulgath
DF AQW  Post #: 476
3/20/2017 23:41:45   
Retrosaur

I mean, practically everyone benefits. Why complain about a good thing? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 477
3/21/2017 0:01:03   
Valtorous

The Shadow of Nulgath was quite unique because it was like a "secret" monster, and fit thematically well behind Nulgath. The trickiness of selecting it and how only certain types of classes farmed it well when it was behind Nulgath, made it quite fun, tedious, and frustrating all at the same time. It was a refreshing way to farm an item in my opinion. Hadean Onyx of Nulgath has only 3-4 uses in-game, so I don't see why they would feel the need to make getting that item easier. There is no reason to move it to a more accessible location, other than to make grinding Hadean Onyx of Nulgath easier. AND there is now 1 less Makai in Tercessuinotlim, making Totem/Gem of Nulgath farming for non-members a bit longer.
Post #: 478
3/21/2017 0:24:52   
The ErosionSeeker

It's also kind of degenerate because a level 100 aggro monster with ~4300 HP means that people can just camp in that room and very easily gain XP/CP, without even having to attack, like they do for the other grinding zones.

Of course, they could just bump its level down, but that doesn't change the fact that it used to be a secret monster like Valtorous said, and now that easter egg is spoiled.
DF AQW  Post #: 479
3/21/2017 13:31:27   
Iron Volvametal

Just got the Blinding Mace of Destiny.

I'm so excited.

EDIT: I now have the Blinding Mace, Bow, & Blade.

< Message edited by Iron Volvametal -- 3/21/2017 13:58:55 >
AQW  Post #: 480
3/21/2017 17:52:03   
worstAdventurerNA

So I just got Void Highlord.

And oh my god.

It's so broken but I love it. A fitting reward for those who dedicated hours to this thing.
AQW  Post #: 481
3/21/2017 18:11:24   
Crash23893

Enjoy VHL while it lasts before the server rewrite gets implemented.
Post #: 482
3/21/2017 18:46:57   
Psych

Wouldn't VHL be more powerful post-serverRewrite?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 483
3/21/2017 18:59:45   
Metakirby

Some people are just taking the loss of Luck a little too seriously, instead of somewhere around 3.5 times crit damage,which we have been used to for ages now, we will get somewhere between 1.7-1.9 for most classes. While VHL does indeed benefit greatly from crit damage because Shackle and Unshackle always crits, it's still one of the best classes I have used on the testing server (I have gone through pretty much all my classes in my inventory and bank) in terms of single target damage and I bet it will be just as tanky, if not tankier than it is now.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the thought of AQW not being so swingy, because of the difference in critting vs not critting.
AQW  Post #: 484
3/21/2017 20:42:57   
DoomXDoom

maybe then pvp can finally be about skill/prediction instead of whoever can crit with their nuke first
Post #: 485
3/21/2017 23:55:30   
Iron Volvametal

I got Blinding Light of Destiny!

Whoooo, I am SO happy. Now time to get Drakath's Armor(which should take about 10min).
AQW  Post #: 486
3/22/2017 0:12:28   
Aura Knight

I do wonder if Drakath's armor will get some bonuses. With us being able to join Chaos soon, this seems like a good opportunity to add some to the armor.

My VHL progress is slowing again but I am close to finishing void crystal a. I need 14 more gems and still around 140 tainted gems. Soon I'll need to fight sneevils for cubes. That's so fun right?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 487
3/22/2017 0:41:01   
Silver Sky Magician

Drakath's armor should have a 50% damage bonus to Corrupted monsters like Wisterroria.
Epic  Post #: 488
3/22/2017 0:47:34   
flyingmongoose

Thats too easy.
I would ask it be a boost against all monsters EXCEPT chaos based creatures.
AQW  Post #: 489
3/22/2017 3:35:00   
Iron Volvametal

^ I dunno about that. ^

If it were to get a Universal Damage Boost to everything but Chaos, it would still be outclassed a bit by the other Universal Boost Weapons, since they deal bonus damage to Chaos monsters, which I think isn't worthy of an endgame item.

I suggest a higher Universal Damage Boost(about 15-20%) & a 50%/120% Bonus Damage to Chaos monsters, similar to Chaorruptor Unlocked. Since apparently Chaos can deal bonus damage to itself, it would be awesome if they put this effect on the armor since you're fighting Chaos with Chaos(though, if I remember right, someone told me that the Chaos from Chaorruptor Unlocked deals bonus damage to Chaos because it's a special type of Chaos or something).

Who knows, maybe with the release on Friday, there'll be a way to add a bonus to the Armor with the new Chaos Rep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, is it faster to use the Chaos Fairy's Quest to get Contracts or the Nulgath(Larvae) Quest? I just recently finished the Tower of Doom(which, by the way, was a pain...thank goodness for ArchPaladin/Blaze Binder) & have access to the monsters that drop the Wasabi.

Now that I've got 2 endgame items, I'm unsure what to go for next; VHL is a bit too much for me(especially on my Inventory), NSoD is a big no-no from what I've read as a free-player, & SDKA is Legend only. I guess I could probably try maxing out my Nulgath reagents that I never got a chance to(even though I'll probably never use); still need x60 Gems, x26 Totems, & x96 Blood Gems. Hmmm, maybe I should go for ENNH...
AQW  Post #: 490
3/22/2017 7:15:11   
Zeldax

Is there a difference between turning in Willpower Extraction in the normal servers and the testing servers?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 491
3/22/2017 7:17:47   
xstreamshadow

It used to be that you would get 11 uni 34 everytime you turn in the willpower extraction quest on testing servers, it's been patched though, so now there's no difference
AQW  Post #: 492
3/22/2017 7:21:14   
Zeldax

Oh alright thanks.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 493
3/22/2017 7:30:58   
Metakirby

quote:

Anyways, is it faster to use the Chaos Fairy's Quest to get Contracts or the Nulgath(Larvae) Quest?

Since we don't know the droprates of Uni 13s from the different quests, there's really no way of saying which one is statisticly better.
The Chaos Fairy quest takes anywhere from a couple seconds to 1-2 minutes at worst, so it got the turn in rate going for it.
Larvae tends to take a little longer, but you gives you other rewards in the meantime.
If we are making an assumption that they are about the same droprate from both quests, doing the Chaos fairy quest is faster for purely uni 13, but I would still suggest doing Larvae, only because you farm pretty much everything at once, compared to just Uni 13s.
AQW  Post #: 494
3/22/2017 8:02:47   
Zeldax

Fastest way to get Totems of Nulgath?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 495
3/22/2017 8:34:20   
Metakirby

Hanzo Orbs/CVKS if you have them, if not, Voucher Item: Totem of Nulgath is the way to go.
AQW  Post #: 496
3/22/2017 8:35:24   
Zeldax

I do have one of the Hanzo Orbs. Thanks!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 497
3/22/2017 14:41:35   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

So I've been retesting and getting some final numbers for the new Paragon pets (well, UW3017 since that was changed and ShoPP/SoDa) and I discovered that Fotia's now guaranteed spawns, rather than random ones. That could change the dynamic of a bit of farming, mostly IC. I'll get around to testing that again. Anyone know when this was changed?
AQ AQW  Post #: 498
3/22/2017 14:49:06   
Iron Volvametal

So, I've decided on switching from getting more items for my main account to getting my alts leveled up, since I haven't touched them in a long time other than to do some dailies.

What's a good spot to level/rank up Lvl40+Classes(specifically Glacial Berserker & No Class)?

I've also got the Arcane/Shadow Blade of Glory on all them(20% XP) & Cyber Dreadhaven General(15%CP) on 2 of them to help with XP/CP gain, but if there's anything better(other than the obvious Cape of Awe/VHL stuff), please let me know. I'd like to make this XP/CP farm as fast as possible.
AQW  Post #: 499
3/22/2017 14:49:20   
Metakirby

@Shadowhunt
It has been like this for at least 5 or so days, at least that's when I first started noticing it.
AQW  Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 20 of 23«<1819202122>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition