Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Ally Link 2vs2 Implementation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Ally Link 2vs2 Implementation
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/12/2017 19:41:54   
Satafou

I know this is a long shot as well as the fact it's been suggested before but please hear me out.

The players of this game along with myself are very well aware that this game has come to it's end however can the developers please at least let the game die with a big bang, rather than let it slowly wither away.

This this all being taken into consideration, I cannot recommend enough that you guys put in ONE LAST update which includes the implementation of 2vs2 ally link. It's quite evident that it is possible to make as we have the wonderful ally link system for bosses, yes it may require some work, but I think for the long 7-8 years players have stuck around that they deserve some sort of fun battle mode. I do not speak on behalf of the entire community for this next part, however in my opinion 1vs1 is simply too boring, by this I mean it simply is a very basic battle mode but it is playable. 2vs2 for higher ranks is suicide and jugg is simply too easy to even be worthwhile playing. Although I do argue that even without any additional balance tweaks that 2vs2 ally link would be a very enjoyable, strategic and competitive battle mode, much more so than any battle mode that is currently existing.

I realise that this game isn't your problem anymore, but I don't see any real arguments as to why it cannot be done, or why it would possible be bad for the game.

Snipped to keep this post in line with forum rules, please refrain from doing this in the future!
~Exploding Penguin

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 3/13/2017 14:56:35 >
Post #: 1
3/12/2017 20:54:07   
Mother1

While I can see the reasoning for this idea, the reasons you are suggesting this be put into play IIRC was the main reason why the staff actually vetoed. Meaning that linked players would always have the edge over unlinked players which was something they found unbalanced.

Plus the only fair solution to making this work in 2 vs 2 would be to have linked players fight against other linked players but that would involve making another separate battle mode for 2 vs 2 which would make the mode have even more wait times (Unless this mode was affected by the NPC input meaning the linked players would battle NPC)

But on another note isn't Ally links for 2 vs 2 in the FSI?
Epic  Post #: 2
3/12/2017 22:11:29   
Variation

Supported because this idea encourages strategic game play.
Post #: 3
3/13/2017 6:34:19   
Satafou

@Mother1 This would be a brand new battle mode separate from 2vs2, with it's own daily and all time lb. The way in which I believe it should work is that players have the option to team up with 5 different partners from their friend list, if they want a new partner after this, they'd have to drop 1 of the previous 5 etc. The lb would show both players on it at the same time i.e.
Mother1 / Variation 90%. . For the top 5 the picture would be split in half with both players on it, or you could allow teams to choose a custom icon if that's too difficult to implement, basically what we have for flags.

Note: How the total wins would work it is intertwined with your selected partner. For example, on your char page it would be: 1vs1, 2vs2, jugg, 2vs2 (team) partner 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. It would make quite the list if 5 options, so it should possibly be cut down to 3. Or even charpages just showing your highest ranked team.

I'm not sure if it is in the FSI or not, however even if it is, it's quite evident that it's not going to get implemented unless a large amount of the community can show the devs that we really want this, I honestly believe that even though this game is inevitably dying this implementation would keep players happy even if we all know it could be a waste of time, at least players can say they actually had fun in Epicduel again, as at the moment for myself at least. This game's most important aspect (PVP) hasn't been enjoyable for a long time.
Post #: 4
3/13/2017 11:07:17   
Mother1

Ah thanks for clearing up the confusion.

I could support this as well seeing as 2 vs 2 despite being my favorite battle mode has been broken for the longest sadly. Though at the same time though as we have seen the forums are even on stronger life support than the game itself. I would also suggest posting a link to this on twitter if you have a twitter account in the hopes of getting support.

Off topic

@ Variation

Long time no see.
Epic  Post #: 5
3/13/2017 14:53:50   
  Exploding Penguin

games are cool I guess
EpicDuel

I'm not entirely sure on this, but since the devs have been reallocated entirely to work on another project, I don't know if this suggestion will pass (as much as I'd like to see it, honestly).

As far as I'm aware, this would need to get passed and given the okay by higher-ups in artix since it isn't quite as simple as just copy+pasting code and adding another couple things here and there. It would definitely take a good amount of hours of coding + bug testing and whatnot, especially since I feel like ally-link 2v2 matchmaking would have huge potential connectivity issues when actually entering battles, and lots of bugs would need to be hammered out of the code.
Epic  Post #: 6
3/13/2017 17:36:48   
Satafou

It would take some time and effort to implement there is no doubt about that. However it would be a fitting final release for the game even if it's just as a little thank you for players still staying faithful to the game, by giving them a fun and creative battle mode.
Post #: 7
3/23/2017 12:37:28   
hello there

This will never happen and it shouldnt , It would be abused the ...... Out of , 2 good players using not only min maxed builds , But the obviously broken builds that are ALWAYS present going up against the clueless kids that always roam in 2v2.....

This would be great for the elitists, Terrible for the casuals and the final nail in the 2v2 coffin

Not that im saying 2v2 is in a good place at all right now with juggernaut, But this would only make it worse and harder to find games, as 98% of the people looking for battles would almost instantly become allied linked only, Everyone else would either stop playing 2v2 or the game entirely

WHOLEHEARTEDLY NOT SUPPORTED
Post #: 8
3/23/2017 14:02:27   
Satafou

@Hello there,

Please read other posts, it has been stated that these would be entirely separate battle modes. It would be a battle mode of strategy and wit versus the other players who tag team together. Also you would be surprised at what would appear to be broken builds in 2vs2 ally link. I can assure you multi spam builds wouldn't turn out to be the most dominant combo, there is much more tactics required for a good 2vs2 team.

Again for future reference, 2vs2 ally link would be a brand new battle mode. Completely separate from 2vs2. Think of it as solo 2vs2 and team 2vs2.
Post #: 9
3/26/2017 9:36:20   
hello there

You truly believe they would make a 4th battle mode with 200 people at peak playing ?

thats 200 people at maximum server population divided by 8 level ranges in 1v1
0-5
5-10
10-15

etc
and 7 ranges in 2v2

and then you have juggernaut

Assuming everyones evenly distributed , Which we all know 2v2 and juggernaut get far less players due to balance , But lets go with best case scenario , 200 divided by 4 modes , 50 players but wait , Now we have to factor in level ranges. Again best case scenario , even though we know most players are 40 , Lets assume its even , 8 level ranges in 1v1 , means 6 people 1v1ing at anytime per range 3 games can start, 2v2 cant even start 2 games , juggernaut is worse hence all the npcs, This is why this can never happen ...
Post #: 10
3/26/2017 11:49:48   
Satafou

I never said they would make the mode, I've just stated it would be a nice addition. Also there would be a lot more than 50 people playing this mode. Lots of players would possibly return also due to the fact this has been a highly requested idea in the past. I have no idea why you're being so negative about this, if your only arguments are low player population or the devs are too lazy, it's not a strong point you're trying to make.

Everyone is well aware there is no update to be expected, however this would be an update many players would greatly appreciate.
Post #: 11
3/30/2017 16:19:35   
hello there

People also said lambs would go back to the slaughter in juggernaut if they buffed jugger...

Hows that working out?
Post #: 12
3/30/2017 16:34:22   
Satafou

If you're going to be a pessimist then I kindly ask you to just leave this thread. Everyone is more than aware that the way the devs fixed juggernaut was a very sloppy job, and a quick fix if anything. The idea I am suggesting is not to be implemented in such a manner as I have tried to emphasise.
Post #: 13
3/30/2017 16:47:25   
Mother1

@ Hello there

Who said that the opponents for juggernaut would come back if they jug got a buff? That doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.

Also if you had read the thread you would have seen my first point and saw that I asked and pointed out the exact same thing you were mentioning but with different words before Satafou explained this battle mode would be separate from unpaired opponents.

On topic.

But on another note I would have to ask would this battle mode be put into play with Juggernaut like the original 2 vs 2 is? Cause if so I can see juggernauts coming to the forums and complaining the same points that Hello there mentioned for not supporting this in the first place.

Epic  Post #: 14
3/30/2017 16:54:27   
hello there

It wont work, You just dont want to hear it because you think your idea is fantastic

But lets look at the past

Elites promised unlimited varium - mistake
enhancements- mistake poorly implemented , badly thought out , Created an elitist population that wanted free wins
ranks- should of never been implemented the way they were far to powerful , Should of been entirely removed for balance but instead we have what we have now , Just unbalanced in a different way
Underdog - underpowered against 2 different leveled players, overpowered with ranks
2v2- lol this mode has been broken since beta with no attempt to fix it
juggernaut - fixed multiple times - never been in a state where it wasnt broken just the way it was broken was different
wars- broken since they entered the game, Exile won the last war by over a million
stat balance- strength and hp have always been severely overpowered or underpowered, Same for pretty much every stat
class balance- Their has always been a class vastly superior to the others

I didnt list every badly implemented feature in my time playing , I've been here to long would take hours...But you get the general idea

As far back as epic inventions beta this game has been broken . There is no evidence in the past to say something like this could be implemented in a working fashion . Way to much could be abused with your suggestion and break the game further

So again not supported

< Message edited by hello there -- 3/30/2017 16:57:36 >
Post #: 15
3/30/2017 18:07:41   
Mother1

@ Satafou

Not everyone is going to support a suggestion. Remember how you were adamant about not having NPC added to the battle modes due to your experiences in the infernal war? I am sure Hello there has his/her own reasons to just as Adamantly not support this suggestion.

But on another note I checked the FSI, and they already have Ally linking for 2 vs 2 and 2 vs 1 battles in there.
Epic  Post #: 16
3/30/2017 19:21:30   
Satafou

@Hello there,

This isn't my idea it has been suggested before. I am just writing an argument for it to be implement at this moment due to the game's circumstances. Also i'm not sure why you're adding a big list of all of ED's failures, although I don't disagree with them, they're not quite relevant to this suggestion as the whole point of this thread is to try to ensure if devs agree to implement this new battle mode it is done so without making mistakes in the first place. If the major implementations for ED were tested properly and not briefly I can guarantee you there wouldn't of been even half of the issues this game has unfortunately faced.

@Mother1 How this mode would work is the following: Separate to 2vs2 it's own battle mode (with it's unique battle icon), buddy link before starting battle, 0 npc influence. There would perhaps be long queues and this battle mode I suggest isn't available for lower levels, lvl 35-40 could be a req.

2VS2 is already dead, yesterday a mere 14 wins got you on the daily leader board. Although fixing 2vs2 is a valid option, however it hasn't ever happened or even been attempted throughout the entire game's history and probably never will. 2VS2 is a battle mode that doesn't have anyone's interest anymore, which is why I am pushing for 2vs2 ally link as it will reignite the way 2vs2 should be: strategic, communicative and fun. Something that 2vs2 hasn't been for a very long time.
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Ally Link 2vs2 Implementation
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition