Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Any future plans?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> Any future plans?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/13/2017 7:52:30   
brotherinlaw

So, I'm here for the conspiracy theories. As you guys know, Mechquest is basically dead. This sucks, as many people put time and money into it, both from our end, and the end of AE. I myself put in for a full account upgrade with the extra Nova gems and the hope of Draguard. This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't done it after the Finale....

So, my question is, where do we go from here? Should they take what they've learned since they first made Mechquest and make a new, state of the art sequel? Perhapse they should make a 3d version from the Shadowscythe's point of view (SPORE?), or a Chibi Zargon minigame? Maybe a mobile game based off Sys-Zero's Shoot-em-up adventure's, or a Build-Your-Own-Empire/Sims game where Valoth builds his first colony and eventually builds his first starships.

We're not being totally logical, I know. Resources and personnel have been re-assigned elswhere, leaving little for the MQ team to utilize. This isn't about what's logical, however, so just brainstorm great ideas about what MQ could be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/14/2017 0:21:05   
Shiny_Underpants

We do have some people here who would be willing to volunteer for any Mechquest project. Though for a new game, AE would probably prefer, y'know, actual staff- though having willing volunteers could be helpful to them; I'm not sure how they operate, so I couldn't say.
It looks likely that, if anything is done, a 3D sequel would be the most viable option.

But why stop at 3d? A four dimensional spaceship system would be a cool thing to have. You'd need eight keys to steer, and to change direction you'd either need two mice, or a 3-dimensional mouse. Or a 2d mouse and two sets of tilt controls... and the graphics would be mind-blowingly difficult to code and animate

In terms of slightly more doable suggestions, gameplay could be split between various scales of mecha (I outlined this in the other thread). That way a single gameplay mechanic could be split between very diverse settings, so it feels like four different sets of gameplay at once.

Is this what you meant by brainstorm?
DF MQ  Post #: 2
3/14/2017 9:44:00   
brotherinlaw

actually, you just blew me out of the water! I've only played free-to-play games, so I have little experience with cutting edge games like that!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/16/2017 1:19:50   
Shiny_Underpants

Huh, so apparently it's possible to make a 4d game using a 3d engine. It'd run slower than a 4d engine though, but it might be easier to code, since the brunt of it would be left to the rigger.
If it was a minor part of the game, it would generate a lot of interest though. Having a fully fledged game with a 4d aspect... you can imagine the attention.

The animator would essentially have to create a rig for the additional dimension, with a 'w' rotate and translate attribute, and make every object shift according to certain mathematical criteria whenever the camera's 'w' translate and rotate attribute shifts.

So it wasn't as far-fetched as I thought...
DF MQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> Any future plans?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition