Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The size of Lore

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: The size of Lore
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/20/2017 20:08:46   
dragon_monster

That might help what cutscenes?
What is you assessment on the size of lore from your method?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
3/20/2017 20:39:39   
SilverAngel

I personally always thought Lore was about the same size as Earth and that our continents were replaced with Lore's, with correct sizes and distances between Lore's continents. In my mind it's easier to base a fantasy planet off of a planet we're already familiar with then creating one from scratch.

DF AQW  Post #: 27
3/21/2017 2:41:59   
Christophisis

@above

Right? It seems so much more logical than to have a planet the size of Jupiter, for example. Drawing inspiration from our own world is much easier than attempting to do so with a much larger planet.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
3/21/2017 10:33:43   
Dwelling Dragonlord

Shadow Scholar
of
L&L

@dragon_monster: When you use the nitrogen catapult you see the planet of Lore to illustrate the explosion. I'd estimate in that scene "The Eye" is roughly the size of the Hudson Bay?

Since counting the population is a bit tricky, and I hope you understand this is all speculation and I make some assumptions, I decided to take the army King Alteon brought with him to fight Xan of 500.000 knights. The assumption in this scenario is of course that King Alteon left a portion of his army behind to defend Swordhaven and/or the rest of his lands within his domain.*

Why this important is because the Roman Empire's standing army in the 2nd century was smaller than the one King Alteon brought to come to Falconreach's defense yet had a population of 50-71 million. Given that these are knights they are likely professional soldiers and not nobles of high rank, rather than emergency draftees or mercenaries a.k.a. adventurers (if we go by the assumption that they are nobles then the population estimate spikes by a factor of ten) we would likely see a minimum population of 50 million at a standing army of 1%. If King Alteon was smart and not put all of his eggs into one basked like I hope he would, he'd still have a substantial amount of knights defending the capital, say 250.000, at which point you get a minimum population of 75 million going by a 1% army.

The Rose, a separate organization operating a militia within Alteon's realm, can muster an army of ~15 million human combatants going by the War of the Dragon Rose's 3 million waves and taking the average which is (5+5+4+5+5+5+1/6=) 5 humans per wave and multiplying that by the 3 million waves total. Which would still leave us with enough people working to support the economy yet see a large shift in the military power assuming that King Alteon managed to return his army to full strength.

So King Alteon's domain would by this logic be Lore's equivalent of the Roman Empire in size.

*Some quick remarks about this, I know that it says that

quote:

ORIGINAL: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=8435381

All of King Alteon's troops have been defeated, and the king himself has gone missing.

However, there are several knights already present like Sir Vivor and Sir Pass meaning that they did not get wiped out. So going by that, I take it that they mean all the troops that he brought along.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
3/21/2017 10:43:19   
dragon_monster

Interesting that might be true it could either be the size of the Roman empire the Han empire or any of the indian empires. We do have to add the timeline its more renaissance then bronze age. During that time Ming empire for example was about 160 million around the same area as the Roman empire. It could be far higher the population of Greenguard.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 3/21/2017 10:44:41 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: The size of Lore
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition