Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Equipment help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Equipment help
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/20/2017 13:00:02   
Lo9851

Level 79 DA Warrior looking for the best defensive equipment. Basicly I want to get my MPM stats as high as I can while still keeping my other stats at a decent level. Can be DC or Seasonal. The level doesn't matter since it's a long term plan.

Feel free to list me the shiny (or dark) pieces of Awesomeness, or link me to The Sources of Ancient Wisdom.

Any help is welcome and appreciated.
DF AQW  Post #: 1
3/20/2017 16:19:27   
Andlu

This would probably be the best helm
This would probably be the best cape
This would probably be the best ring. In case you don't wanna farm for DMs, this
Not so sure about necklace, but I use this as my defensive option
Best defensive trinket is DEFINITELY this. If you don't wanna farm for INSANE amount of DMs, you can use this if you happen to have it or if you don't, then this (I still recommend leather spiked gauntlet over this because even if it's less tanky, spiked is so much better)
And if you're going full defensive, I recommend this for the weapon. (Or you can just use necrotic sword of doom)

(I'm aware most of this is 80, you could get the closest level of everything except the helm/cape (since one is a pretty rare drop and the other is DC/seasonal)

< Message edited by Andlu -- 3/20/2017 16:22:18 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
3/20/2017 17:40:57   
Greldracion

I agree with most of Andlu's choices here, especially Nick's Toasty Cape and Baltael's Aventail. However, I'd have to say Unhallowed Deathknight Amulet is the best necklace defensively in the game. Both of Andlu's ring choices are top notch, and both should be looked at depending on your play style. Defender's Dragon Belt XX is probably the overall best for defensive belts. If you want raw MPM for a weapon, I'd go with Jova's Fury, but Ultra Omniknight Blade is also a good choice. I'd say all of Andlu's trinket suggestions are great too.
AQ  Post #: 3
3/20/2017 17:49:17   
Andlu

Yeah it seems I forgot about belts
But are you sure about amulet? I mean, 12 BPD will not be good since it makes MPM less effective
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
3/20/2017 18:15:31   
Greldracion

Considering that BDP is around half the value of their respective MPM stats, having only 2 less MPM and 8 more BPD should effectively mean that you'd get the equivalence of 11 MPM instead of Slimy Necklace's 9. Also take into account that there is more WIS, crit, bonus, and main dmg stats. If Lo9851 is trying to make a stunless, health absorbing build, Slimy Necklace would be the better option. But Lo said they wish to have the highest MPM build and keep their other stats at a decent level. So depending on the build they're making, both options would be viable, but overall, I'd say Unhallowed is better here.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 3/20/2017 18:16:32 >
AQ  Post #: 5
3/20/2017 18:17:57   
Andlu

Oh but block dodge parry cancel MPM

See, they don't stack

The roll on 'avoidance' only picks one, normally picking the highest amount
if you have more MPM then it'll decide to pick those instead of PDB
Which means that amulet MPM will be effectively 5/5/5 and the BPD will be wasted

< Message edited by Andlu -- 3/20/2017 18:21:36 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
3/20/2017 18:50:51   
Greldracion

If that's the case then Slimy Necklace is better for raw defense, but my point stands on Unhallowed being overall better due to having better stats in everything else. Since the rest of our suggested gear makes MPM extremely high, losing 2% in MPM for 3% crit, 1 point of damage, 30 mana, and 7% bonus seems pretty good to me.

Thanks for enlightening me on BDP though, that's helpful news. Though I thought all the stats were rolled, and only BDP chooses the highest of those three points?

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 3/20/2017 18:53:08 >
AQ  Post #: 7
3/20/2017 19:10:25   
Andlu

From what I know, if a monster use melee damage, it'll roll over to either melee, block, dodge or parry. It has a higher % of rolling into what you have more, and that happens to most of the times be melee. If you have a higher BPD, it'll make melee be less rolled, and make you have less, even though the BPD is going higher

Yeah, it's more of a preference, probably better left for the OP to decide
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
3/21/2017 6:01:09   
Lo9851

That was very helpful. Thank you so much Andlu and Greldracion.
Regarding the necklace, seems like Unhallowed Deathknight Amulet will suit me better overall.
DF AQW  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Equipment help
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition