Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes March 24th, 2017: This Weekend: Return to Crownsreach

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes March 24th, 2017: This Weekend: Return to Crownsreach
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/24/2017 15:28:14   
Icaro

quote:

March 24, 2017
This Weekend: Return to Crownsreach
Will YOU ally with Chaos?
It is said that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" -- and in this case, that is VERY true! On Friday, March 24th, journey to Crownsreach and talk to Drakath - the former Champion of Chaos. He is plotting his return to power after the Queen of Monsters stripped it from him... and humiliated him in front of the entire world.

Will you ally with him to take down the Queen of Monsters? If your answer is YES (or if you just want to check out what this long-time enemy is getting up to) /join Crownsreach to find...

• 15 new quests and 5 new shops from...
  • 5 new NPCs, each with quests and/or a shop of their own
  • A NEW reputation to rank up: Chaos Militia and 17 new items for it
  • 10 new items for the existing Chaos faction rep shop
  • 8 new pets to buy (including 2 for AdventureCoins, no membership required!)
  • 4 tasty potions to enhance your gameplay
  • The Chaos Contract for those brave (or rebellious) enough to ally with Chaos

Meet the Residents of CrownsReach
    When plotting to re-take over the world, it's important to surround yourself with people you trust. Drakath, having been betrayed once, has taken pains to vet his new companions. Meet the crew:

• Cemaros the Chaotic: Chaos Reputation Vendor
  • Gesar, the Chaorrupted Blacksmith: Gear shop NPC
  • Skoa, the Cryptozoologist: Pet shop NPC
  • Dr. Havelock, the Mad Chemist: Food & Drink shop NPC
  • Iaste, the Militia Leader: Militia leader NPC

Rank up your Chaos Faction rep to unlock new gear from Cemaros, check out Gesar's gear shop, and do NOT poke your fingers into the cages in Skoa's Chaotic Critter cave.

For the Dedicated: Chaos Awaits
    Since AQWorlds began, we've had heroes asking for the ability to choose a Chaos Alignment, just like you can choose Good or Evil. Chaotic Good, Neutral, and Evil heroes... your TIME is almost here!

Talk to Cemaros to choose a Chaos Alignment. You'll need the Chaos Contract (sold for 100,000 gold). Once you choose this, your character page will change to show the Chaos Hero alignment.

If you are TRULY dedicated - and have rank 10 Chaos rep - YOU can begin Iaste's quests to rank up your Crownsreach Militia faction. Those who do will become Drakath's MOST dedicated, and trusted, battle companions.

Tags: Alina,

• Removed tag. Please do not tag your own threads, even if it is a Design Notes thread. It is a right reserved for forum staff and we will not tag it until we're sure it is done properly.

Fixed the formatting and added the tag. While I appreciate the base, we ask that Design Notes be fully and correctly formatted before being posted. If you're unsure how, please read the Guide to Posting Design Notes. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 3/24/2017 15:46:21 >
    Post #: 1
    3/24/2017 18:01:13   
    Beshin Adin

Brentan and Gravelyn plot revenge against Cemaros. Not Drakath, Cemaros...........
    AQ AQW  Post #: 2
    3/24/2017 18:44:51   
    fxmybrute13

spoiler:

I love the "secret" sparring room. AQW needs more of these.
    DF AQW  Post #: 3
    3/24/2017 19:32:32   
    ShatteredReality

spoiler:

I seriously thought that the secret room was behind the bookshelf. Oh well!

Also, Cemaros...
    quote:

You... you want to join forces with us? Considering your history with Drakath, I think you're going to have to work pretty dam hard to convince him to trust you. Better get started!

Bad Cemaros! No cursing in a kids' game, even if it's spelled wrong!
    AQW  Post #: 4
    3/24/2017 19:33:08   
    The ErosionSeeker

I've noticed that the past few times we've had boost weekends, it's only been 15% rather than the old 2x.
    I support this because it doesn't completely break progression, although I'm curious about whether we'll ever have something like +25% or even +50% again.

Also curious about whether there's going to be any more Dreadfire, Infernal Army, or Chaos Militia rep sources in the future, which will decide whether I dump time into the new thing over this weekend.
    DF AQW  Post #: 5
    3/24/2017 20:05:02   
    flyingmongoose

What is the purpose of the Chaos Tunneler?

I have killed it about 20 times and it has dropped nothing.
    AQW  Post #: 6
    3/24/2017 20:06:28   
    fxmybrute13

It's for a rep-grinding quest, 300 rep a kill. No drops yet, but hey, could just be low drops.
    DF AQW  Post #: 7
    3/24/2017 20:17:26   
    Harrison

Cemaros actually says darn, it's just hard to see with the normal zoom.

She's not a potty mouth... as far as I know.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    3/24/2017 20:25:02   
    ShatteredReality

Oh, I see it now. Guess I jumped to a conclusion too soon.

So Ceramos says something along the lines of Chaos wanting to tear down Order, but what order is there to tear down? I mean, there's no Champion of Order in Lore, so what's stopping the universe from dissolving into pure chaos?
    AQW  Post #: 9
    3/24/2017 20:31:54   
    ChaosRipjaw
    How We Roll Winner
    Jun15

Good and Evil are technically forms of order are they not?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    3/24/2017 21:09:05   
    flyingmongoose

So what was with the Artix message of "Daimyo and I are on our nightly walk... slaying the evil undead of DoomWood"
    Am I missing something important?
    Should I be out there with Artix destroying the undead horde?
    AQW  Post #: 11
    3/24/2017 22:01:39   
    Rtkat3

spoiler:

A few NPCs are not Chaorrupted.

Chaos Tunneler is a recycled and altered version of Chaos Drifter. Cemaros called it a worm.
    AQ  Post #: 12
    3/24/2017 22:02:19   
    Hellsbane

Ok, so how do you get Chaos Militia Rep?
    All the quests in Crownsreach are just giving Chaos Rep standard for me.
    DF AQW  Post #: 13
    3/24/2017 22:13:44   
    fxmybrute13

Hellsbane, talk to Iaste, he's in the room to the left of Drakath.
    DF AQW  Post #: 14
    3/24/2017 23:26:40   
    Caelholdt

I'm going to throw all my gold on the table and say that this release has been the absolute best thing to be released on AQW in 5 whole years. We finally learn the truth behind our former enemy, and learn that we've fought against a necessary force and that we attempted to get rid of it for good. The premise of Crownsreach is pretty much this...

spoiler:

The Hero was the real evil all along for trying to cause true imbalance between Unity and Chaos. It was never Chaos that tried to cause imbalance, it was us all this time.

Plus the Chaos alignment was the one thing most of us wanted since the very start, and we finally have it. As said, best release in ages. Kudos to the team.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
    3/24/2017 23:31:35   
    LouisCyphere

@flyingmongoose:
    If I have to guess, it might have something to do with Daimyo, the real life pet of Artix, having some complication with its heart since it's too big.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    3/24/2017 23:43:14   
    Christophisis

Major thanks to whoever added the Eye of Chaos character page background! I've been wanting to use this as my background for the longest time.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
    3/25/2017 1:08:40   
    Rancore AQW

Are there any ac tagged drops ? All i see are non member rep items and ac items to buy.Nothing actually gives me a chance or motivation to join chaos.Example joining evil grants be access to farming some quests from Nation or Legion,being good does other things.Like for now joining chaos gives 0 motivation to join it.
    Post #: 18
    3/25/2017 1:27:22   
    Iron Volvametal

quote:

So what was with the Artix message of "Daimyo and I are on our nightly walk... slaying the evil undead of DoomWood"
    Am I missing something important?
    Should I be out there with Artix destroying the undead horde?

He was just visiting AQWorlds & AQ3D to say hi; Don't think it was anything special.

I'm a little disappointed that the Chaos Slayer Rogue Darkblood Armor(whew, that's a mouthful) wasn't in the Shops. And I wish that most of the Rep Quests in /crownsreach were changed from Chaos to Chaos Militia; by now, almost everyone has Chaos to Rank 10. No need to have more ways to get Chaos, especially since there's a Daily Quest that rewards 5,000 Chaos.

The last thing I would like to mention is the lack of drops from the monsters(specifically the Chaos Tunneler). They removed a Merge Shop(with no Rare-tagged items) & removed a boss with drops, too, with no apparent explanation. I mean, the boss makes sense, but they could've just moved the Merge Shop somewhere else.

I did like the secret sparring room & secret tunnel in the map, though. We need more of that stuff, like the hidden room in /boxes or the hidden tunnel/shop in /thunderfang. And adding new items for existing Factions is a big plus, I hope they do more in the future.

< Message edited by Iron Volvametal -- 3/25/2017 1:30:23 >
    AQW  Post #: 19
    3/25/2017 1:52:56   
    ShatteredReality

I'm over here wondering what's with Drakath's NPC model. His hair is on fire. His hair is on fire! And it's purple fire! Why is his hair on fire? I thought it motif was eyes and tentacles, not weird fire! Also, one of his eyes is this purple glowing thing. But seriously, his is on fire. Is he going to set the rest of Crownsreach on fire too with his hair? How hot is the flame? I know that blue flames are hotter than red flames, but I don't know how hot purple flames are!
    AQW  Post #: 20
    3/25/2017 2:19:42   
    Stronius

@ShatteredReality

I think that's just how he looks now, after his scars in the past, both from battling us, and his trip to the QoM. Remember, during our "final battle" with him in /Ultradrakath, he looked more or less the same.

Clever, witty, and slightly Daemonic.
    http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Stronius
    AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    3/25/2017 3:37:19   
    Ninjaty

quote:

They removed a Merge Shop(with no Rare-tagged items) & removed a boss with drops, too, with no apparent explanation. I mean, the boss makes sense, but they could've just moved the Merge Shop somewhere else.

It seems you are confusing this release with the Friday the 13th release. The maps may look similar, but they are not the same. With the release of the Crownsreach hub, the F13 map has been renamed.

In short, they are two seperate events (each with their own map), that just takes place in the same area.

It would appear that I am mistaken, unless a staff can say otherwise. From what I understood, and from experience with previous events-turned-hubs, renaming the event map and using the original name for the new hub, is how it has been done in the past, so I assume this would be the same.
    quote:

I'm over here wondering what's with Drakath's NPC model. His hair is on fire. His hair is on fire! And it's purple fire! Why is his hair on fire? I thought it motif was eyes and tentacles, not weird fire! Also, one of his eyes is this purple glowing thing. But seriously, his is on fire. Is he going to set the rest of Crownsreach on fire too with his hair? How hot is the flame? I know that blue flames are hotter than red flames, but I don't know how hot purple flames are!

Sounds like you haven't completed the Chaos finale. It shows Drakath transforming into his new self, though he must have replaced his armor since.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 3/25/2017 5:17:22 >
    Post #: 22
    3/25/2017 4:46:45   
    Harrison

So, what's the renamed map then? Afaik, it's been replaced with the new location rather than renamed.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    3/25/2017 9:49:50   
    Cemaros
    Head of AQW Bugs

quote:

It seems you are confusing this release with the Friday the 13th release. The maps may look similar, but they are not the same. With the release of the Crownsreach hub, the F13 map has been renamed.

In short, they are two seperate events (each with their own map), that just takes place in the same area.
    It would appear that I am mistaken, unless a staff can say otherwise. From what I understood, and from experience with previous events-turned-hubs, renaming the event map and using the original name for the new hub, is how it has been done in the past, so I assume this would be the same.

I'll be checking on this first thing Monday morning. It's already on my To-Do List. Will update when I have more info.

Cemaros - Head of AQW Bugs
    Squish ALL THE BUGS!
    https://bugs.artix.com/tracker
    AQW  Post #: 24
    3/25/2017 10:12:43   
    ShatteredReality

I actually did complete the chaos saga. I'm just wondering why his hair is still on fire. You'd think that it'd go out whenever it rained, right?
    AQW  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes March 24th, 2017: This Weekend: Return to Crownsreach
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition