Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes: March 25, 2017; Battle on, Daimyo!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes: March 25, 2017; Battle on, Daimyo!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2017 17:50:45   
Phantasmia

quote:

March 25, 2017
Battle on, Daimyo!

Tribute to the immortal battle puppy
It is with deep sadness that I write to tell you that during the night, the real life Daimyo, my faithful companion of over 15 years, has left our world. The veterinarian said that his heart was just too big… which was true both figuratively and literally. If you did not know, he was with me when I wrote the first line of code for the original AdventureQuest. He was the inspiration for Daimyo, the Undead Slaying Pomeranian, who appears in many of our video games-- where he will live on forever, as an iconic symbol of hope, loyalty, and cuteness.

Daimyo’s Birthday
It is our tradition, that every year on Daimyo’s birthday, we release a different version of him as an in-game pet. This year, on his birthday of June 1st, we will do something special. If you would like to show your respect to the real life version of this legendary video gaming puppy, you can like this Facebook post, or favorite this Twitter post. If you would like to share any fan art of Daimyo, please post it to those links.

This is the only time I have ever cried writing a design notes post. Much love to you all.
Tags:
Artix,

Sad Arf ='(

Tagged ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 3/25/2017 17:54:07 >

DF AQW  Post #: 1
3/25/2017 17:55:32   
Iron Volvametal

I feel Artix's pain. I've recently lost a beloved member of my family last October 3rd.

This was the first year where she wasn't able to celebrate her birthday on March 17.

I miss you, Matilda.
AQW  Post #: 2
3/25/2017 17:58:06   
Phantasmia

@Iron Volvametal:

I know right? I just lost a family member myself last month. 2017 is just as bad as 2016.
DF AQW  Post #: 3
3/25/2017 17:58:45   
The Jop

Never thought about Daimyo dying before. He seemed like an integral part of the community. Rest in peace, little guy, and I hope you feel better, Adam.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 3/25/2017 18:38:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/25/2017 18:05:46   
  Kiyone

As a felling pet owner I know Artix pain. I had to dealing with the passing of one my families three dogs this year. So this is never easy

Daimyo you will be miss and thank you for all the love, joy, and adventure you gave to us.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/25/2017 18:14:42   
Psych

Rest in Piece Daimyo! You've been a part of all our childhoods, BattleOn in heaven!! (:
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/25/2017 18:17:38   
Aura Knight

While I know nothing about having a pet, I do understand a little about loss. Others can say everything will be alright but that's a lie. It's horrible when you lose someone special. But, as sad as loss is, it's an inevitable thing we'll all eventually have to experience. Can't say much else other than sorry for your loss. But, as long as you hold on to the memories, whether they be good or bad, those we lose aren't truly gone.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
3/25/2017 18:18:06   
zanathos

Equipping PaladinSlayer Daimyo for a while in memoriam, so sorry for Artix's loss :(
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
3/25/2017 18:24:32   
ShatteredReality

That's horrible... I'm also really sorry. Goodbye, Daimyo...
AQW  Post #: 9
3/25/2017 18:24:43   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Goodbye Daimyo. You may have left this world, but Legion Daimyo remains in my inventory for years to come.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/25/2017 18:27:01   
the warden

As a pet owner I know how sad Artix must be feeling right now, I would say it gets easier to deal with and that is kind of true, but we miss our furry buddies everyday afterwards.
I hope you feel better soon Artix and may Daimyo have fun running around up above us.:)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
3/25/2017 18:35:56   
DarkLore

I'm what you'd empathetic. I swear I'm sobbing right now. Like I'm channeling Artix's sadness.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/25/2017 18:46:21   
Silver Sol Los

Honestly, it really sucks. I know exactly how Artix is feeling right now. It sucks bad and it'll suck for good while.I remember when my girl passed away in her sleep about 7 months ago and I still get down when I think about her.

However, time heals all wounds. I know it sound super cliche to say it, but it really does. Daimyo got the best and most exciting life a dog could ever have and those 15 years everyone had with him were ones filled with love and fun. He's happily chasing the biggest treats (and undead) in doggie Valhalla right about now.

Rest in Peace, Daimyo, and Battle On!
AQW  Post #: 13
3/25/2017 19:27:27   
Icetex

As a pet owner I know Artix pain
After I saw the original tweet I had a gut feeling he wasn't going to make it...
It's sad to see such a icon gone
May he live on in the games from aq to aq3d
rip in Heaven

< Message edited by Icetex -- 3/25/2017 19:38:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
3/25/2017 19:57:02   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

Well that's sad I have a feeling I'm also going to be saying goodbye to my little furry friend this year. I'm not sure if Artix's kids are old enough to understand what's happened, but that's pretty rough even on an adult. My thoughts are with you Artix and family.
AQ AQW  Post #: 15
3/25/2017 21:16:20   
TheWasp

The little guy will live on in game and in spirit, Battle On Daimyo...
AQW  Post #: 16
3/25/2017 21:21:47   
Guardian Patrick

Daimyo was my favorite pet in the classic AQ during 2005-2006

Time goes so quick :(
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
3/25/2017 21:33:33   
hellblade124

r.i.p. to a wonderful doggo im sending all my irl positive energy to artix and his family in his time of mourning

quite often truth is stranger than fiction
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
3/25/2017 23:22:36   
~kap

RIP daimyo. my condolences to adam and family.
Post #: 19
3/26/2017 0:36:02   
fxmybrute13

Awwww, goodbye Daimyo.
DF AQW  Post #: 20
3/26/2017 1:29:17   
Darches

DOES NOT COMPUTE.
artix.emotions.Delete(sadness);
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
3/26/2017 2:13:26   
megakyle777

I am really sorry to hear this. My condolances man. DX
DF  Post #: 22
3/26/2017 2:52:46   
LouisCyphere

Man, I knew something was up when Artix was playing AQW and AQ3D with Daimyo beside him.
RIP Daimyo. He was a good boy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
3/26/2017 3:22:01   
Insane2201

Artix/Adam I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Daimyo will always be remembered.

AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 24
3/26/2017 4:14:34   
shadowace

RIP Daimyo, hope you rest well.

If I may ask, what complications do an enlarged heart cause to a dog?
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes: March 25, 2017; Battle on, Daimyo!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition