Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes April 7: Return to Lymcrest!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes April 7: Return to Lymcrest!
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/7/2017 20:15:29   
  Karika
Level 1 Laughing Tog

quote:

Verlyrus
Return to Lymcrest!

Hey heroes!

This week is the first quest in Aeon's new questline: Six Heroes.

Lim's looking for some missing shipments of metals from Lymcrest, and it's up to the hero to find out what's happened.

Time to revisit Lymcrest. It can't have changed that much, right?

Head to Ash in Book 3 and look for a NEW quest button!

PS: Due to the number of quests that now require completion of the Tournament of Champions from the Bk3 Swordhaven Quest Board, I will be adding an easier mode for those 2 quests in the near future.

What's next? Have theories or ideas?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Tags: Verlyrus Aeon Six Heroes
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/7/2017 20:17:11   
Frigus

I totally did not see that coming.

spoiler:

Falwynn is their daughter?! Our apprentice? Six heroes?

Also, I have a theory on how the Rose is making all those chains. They clearly stripped Lymcrest of their resources to use to make shackles and other weapons. If this turns out to be the case, then I think the people of Lymcrest will enjoy hearing about how the Rose destroyed their economy in order to make slaves.

< Message edited by Frigus -- 4/7/2017 20:21:21 >
Post #: 2
4/7/2017 20:23:09   
DestinyEvingar

Oh my gosh, I absolutely loved it! Short but nice, and definitely makes me excited for things to come!

spoiler:

That Undertale reference at the beginning though... XD I about died laughing.

It was so good to see Doug again! Lyra is lovely too.

Ok, I'll admit, I think my face lit up like a Christmas tree when Falwynn popped up. I'm glad Doug and Lyra adopted her - she seems to have grown up well.

I can't wait to keep adventuring with her though! I hope the hero's up for this, haha!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/7/2017 20:28:10   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

spoiler:

Why is fal so adorable?

Where is the TEMMITE THOUGHHHH? THE MOST IMPORTANT MINERAL. Is fal the temmite? the way she was shaking

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/7/2017 20:28:27   
Greyor_42

this was a great beginning to a new storyline! i can't wait to see how it progresses.

spoiler:

also, can i just say i absolutely loved all of falwynn's reactions in this quest? that, and i can't what to see the other four heroes will be. i wonder if ash will be one of them. he was our apprentice before falwynn after all. perhaps leon will also be a pert of it, since he's been getting a bit of focus as well in more recent quests.

also, the quest reward is pretty decent if you're having a hard time getting either the shadowheart bracer or the one from the black winter finale.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/7/2017 20:33:30 >
DF  Post #: 5
4/7/2017 20:29:59   
Phantasmia

spoiler:

Becasue Asuka, Temmite is too obvious. Though I thought you would've wanted Asgoreite the most..... This whole release is your fault.

< Message edited by Phantasmia -- 4/7/2017 20:30:29 >

DF AQW  Post #: 6
4/7/2017 20:32:50   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

spoiler:

Oi. Read the notes. It says Aeon, not me, don't get ideas
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/7/2017 20:35:09   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

heh, hasn't had one of those "cinematic" releases in a while, seens like the start of a really fun storyline.
DF AQW  Post #: 8
4/7/2017 20:36:31   
Hnybnny

This was such a cute quest!!! I loved it <3
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
4/7/2017 20:41:30   
Aura Knight

This game never ceases to amaze even with quests that are nothing but dialogue.
spoiler:

I didn't expect to see Falwynn here and certainly didn't expect her to end up being our apprentice. Are we even capable of being a good mentor for someone?

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 10
4/7/2017 20:42:18   
Kchaos

Cute quest and all but all I can see is a potential war loss consequence...
Post #: 11
4/7/2017 20:45:06   
SilverAngel

A sweet quest and a good introduction to the storyline :)
spoiler:

I didn't expect that Falwynn would be Doug's (adopted) daughter. I knew it was said she came from Lymcrest but I never expected that. Wonder what we're gonna do now that she's our apprentice.
DF AQW  Post #: 12
4/7/2017 20:46:06   
TheRuinedShadow

Six heroes? Is this going to be a Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven type of quest chain?! If so I'm game!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
4/7/2017 20:48:01   
Strength

This is the main thing I got from the quest.

I just realized Doug's name is a joke

No lie

But other than that the quest was awesome :D Super excited!

Shadow Warrior is Best Warrior!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgabmote5Nwv0GJ4QWfYGfQ

http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=22405731

https://twitter.com/StrengthDf
DF  Post #: 14
4/7/2017 20:51:04   
Greyor_42

@aura knight
spoiler:

well, ash turned out all right, so there's that in our favor for being someone's mentor... at least, in the adventuring aspect. when it comes to her fighting style, she'd probably learn more from cinquefoil or zhoom.
DF  Post #: 15
4/7/2017 21:02:38   
Anru

So my jaw dropped and my eyes got real wide this quest, it's pretty rare to get me surprised so bravo. If they prioritized this as the newest side questline I'd be too happy. Seriously forget any other quests you guys felt like making, unless it involves my beloved dragon, and keep this up.
DF  Post #: 16
4/7/2017 21:06:07   
chisagen
A Swimming Good Time

Wow! That sure surprised me! It's been a while since we had a cutscene only release! I quite like them.

spoiler:

We finally have a legit apprentice! I am super excited :D Was so surprised that Falwynn's parents just dropped that on us, but I think we can turn her into hero material! Can't wait to see what this means for future stories from here on out! [/spoilers]
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 17
4/7/2017 21:06:35   
rycarflare

spoiler:

OwO What's this? An Apprentice? Can I summon her whenever I want and change her element like my Dragon? Do I need a Falwynn Amulet? And most importantly can she harness the power of BACON?!?!?! I have so many questions!!!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
4/7/2017 21:16:55   
Eltar

spoiler:

can we have her as a companion? or as a house/summon item?
Post #: 19
4/7/2017 21:17:42   
LyraVeil

My chars name is Lyra i was wery confused for a sec XD
DF  Post #: 20
4/7/2017 21:30:43   
Lord Alsvinich

my reaction was priceless, I was thinking, what does the tournament of champions have to do with Lymcrest?

It was also Ironic becasue last week I realised I hadn't done all the rooms of the Lymcrest 100 level thing so I was there last week

< Message edited by Lord Alsvinich -- 4/7/2017 21:31:32 >
Post #: 21
4/7/2017 21:31:11   
solomi123

Falwynn fans will definitely shed tears of joy upon finishing this quest, I know I did :D

spoiler:

Called it on her being our apprentice after seeing the description of her Halloween's mask. Her reaction is so adorable.

Underground dwarven kingdoms, eh? interesting
Also chains materials came from Lymcest

Kudos to Tomix, Verly and Aeon to this great start of a new story. Wonder who the other four heroes will be? inb4 they turn out to be the folks we fought in the tournament

< Message edited by solomi123 -- 4/8/2017 1:22:02 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
4/7/2017 21:35:06   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

quote:

what does the tournament of champions have to do with Lymcrest?

because the storyline will feature the characters from that release? Would be useful to help the players get introduced to these characters :)
DF AQW  Post #: 23
4/7/2017 21:51:51   
Zeldax

I'm probably just forgetting something here, but where'd you guys get the bit about the 6 heroes?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/7/2017 21:52:35   
Baron Dante

So... the April Fools quest is just gone now?
I was kind of hoping we'd get to keep it somewhere, since we did have the New Dimension one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes April 7: Return to Lymcrest!
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition