Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes April 7: Return to Lymcrest!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes April 7: Return to Lymcrest!
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/8/2017 17:01:54   
Ishmael

spoiler:

At the moment I saw Lyra I was like "Wait, I know that hairstye, isn't that the same with Falwynn's hair?" and seconds later BOOM! there she w I liked the quest and I especially liked getting a reward just for watching cutscenes :p as!
Post #: 76
4/8/2017 18:11:02   
VJ

I hate undertails, always found it boring as sin, but if anyone can make a fun parody of it then its those of DF.

anyways I look forward to what's to come :)

Post #: 77
4/8/2017 18:48:00   
FoundHorizon

spoiler:

I have high hopes for Falwynn. Her performance in the Tournament indicates that she's at least decently capable in combat, and she looks like she'll adapt well to an adventurer's lifestyle as the Hero's apprentice. I just hope her enthusiasm doesn't lead her into serious danger.
Post #: 78
4/8/2017 20:00:32   
Corverous

People are overreacting about the whole "death" thing. I doubt Tomix/Dove would kill a character that's so young, and even if he did, it wouldn't be for about a year or two. It seems like the whole Serenity thing really shook the entire community. We shouldn't start worrying about a character being killed off until they start getting a good amount of development.
Post #: 79
4/8/2017 20:18:25   
Tomix
Soulweaver

I'm not the one writing this quest chain, you have nothing to fear... from me!
DF  Post #: 80
4/8/2017 20:30:17   
dragon_monster

Now i am curious who it is probably the ones who wrote the tournament ones. I forgot who they are but there AQW and I forgot the rest.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 81
4/8/2017 21:16:20   
Ĉon
The Darklight Hero

You guys just gave me some wonderful ideas, thanks! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
4/8/2017 22:14:28   
FriendOfAFriend

Don't kill Falwynn pssssssst
Post #: 83
4/8/2017 22:43:18   
Shiny_Underpants

Kill Falwynn
in the most heartless way possible

Umm, the 'six heroes' could refer to more than just a questline... containing six heroes. Good titles can have multiple meanings...
The six heroes could be some ancient heroes who performed some feat, referred to via backstory. I mean, it probably isn't the case, but it's an example; titles are often an extension of the story, not just a reflection.
It could even be some abstract mythology.
Essentially, just because it's called 'six heroes' doesn't necessarily mean it refers directly to six protagonists who are considered 'heroes'... It just means that the phrase 'six heroes' will apply to a plot point.

It interests me that Falwynn, a character who was completely unplanned, is now a main protagonist- and also probably the character most beloved by the forums.
I'd happily throw Ash, Artix, Nythera and Warlic in a blender if it meant Falwynn wouldn't be killed off...
DF MQ  Post #: 84
4/8/2017 23:04:06   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

Kill Falwynn

You monster D:

And I never once assumed that people thought 'Six Heroes' meant literally just us picking up 6 heroes lol. I think it's going to be wayyyyy cooler than that.

quote:

I'd happily throw Ash, Artix, Nythera and Warlic in a blender if it meant Falwynn wouldn't be killed off...

Take out Artix and Warlic and I agree with the sentiment
Post #: 85
4/8/2017 23:07:09   
Dark Lord Urmi

I want that rematch! Fal vs fang hero trained...hero Vs rose berserker! and have her win XD

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 4/8/2017 23:10:29 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 86
4/8/2017 23:15:16   
Greyor_42

@dark lord urmi yes! it would be incredible to see falwynn get the win she deserved. not to mention i would love to see what her skillset would be as a guest.
DF  Post #: 87
4/8/2017 23:23:18   
megakyle777

quote:

You guys just gave me some wonderful ideas, thanks! :D

Please no. Please all of the no. Don't kill her. We've already lost Tomix and Serenity in this Book we don't need to lose Falwynn too. DX
DF  Post #: 88
4/8/2017 23:52:17   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @FriendOfAFriend
Take out Artix and Warlic and I agree with the sentiment

Well, I guess one would jam the blender, and the other would implode.
As a solution, Artix could just be ambushed when he was in the shower... wait...
DF MQ  Post #: 89
4/9/2017 0:24:03   
Jay

Nightclaw
DF Pedia, EC & Strat

Falwynn reminds me of Serenity in a number of ways. It's nice to have that symbol of innocence devoid of any malicious intent. Only, by the end of it, she'll be able to kick some serious butt too.

2. Eloise Rhyder
3. Xavier Hollow
DF AQW  Post #: 90
4/9/2017 3:25:39   
FoundHorizon

Question- was Fang ever confirmed to be actively working for/with the Rose?
Post #: 91
4/9/2017 3:29:55   
Greyor_42

@foundhorizon

while he wasn't confirmed or even really implied to be working for the rose in any function, with him getting apprehended after our battle with him during the tournament, and the new development of the collars meant to enslave non-magical beings, it's safe for us to assume they have SOME plan for putting him under their control. at least, for now.
DF  Post #: 92
4/9/2017 3:36:36   
flashbang

quote:

Kill Falwynn

If the reasoning is sound, then I'm down.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 93
4/9/2017 11:26:57   
Shiny_Underpants

Anyone else concerned about how rapidly Falwynn's parents arranged for her to accompany the Hero?
Also, it was an odd coincidence that the Hero was sent to just the place Falwynn happened to live.

Umm... what exactly is the Hero doing? Offering tuition in adventuring, or investigating things (like the mysterious Faust, the Chaosweavers in Ravenloss, and, most importantly, Serenity's bread recipes).

If Falwynn was a guest character, mentored by the Hero... wouldn't that mean that her class and skills would be based off the Hero's acquired skills? That would be... interesting.
Does Falwynn have magic? Can she use spirit orbs?
Presumably the Hero isn't confident/virtuoso enough to teach any Weaving skills, but there are so many classes, regardless...

Forgot the guest, now I just want to see a cutscene where Falwynn utilises the power of the Dimensional Transphaser to flatten all opposition.

I get the impression we'll find out more about Faust in this questline... you can probably all guess why...

If the Hero does any mentoring, they should draw the line at bread-making. As anyone who has tried it would know, bread can be very sharp sometimes; we wouldn't want Falwynn to be the next Serenity.
DF MQ  Post #: 94
4/9/2017 11:34:19   
Silver Sky Magician

quote:

I get the impression we'll find out more about Faust in this questline... you can probably all guess why...

Whose adopted son do you all think Faust will be?
Epic  Post #: 95
4/9/2017 12:40:59   
dragon_monster

I want fangblade more I like his lack of control.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
4/9/2017 15:12:47   
VJ

I would rather see symone(sp) die instead of her.
as far as I am concerned symone is a throw away char.

I want to have Falwynn as someone living with the Hero(seeing as the Soul ally won't live in the Hero's house) and she could do come basic stuff around the place such as take care of The hero's dragon while the Hero is out, she seems good with her hands and could help upkeep the weapons and any basic repairs to the house, and or training, and so on.

so many things that they could do with Falwynn, I just hope they will let her stay as a guest in the Hero's house(optional maybe?).
Post #: 97
4/9/2017 15:27:39   
Huntex

I can picture Falwynn in the same position as Draco. She's psychically there but only pops up in the cutscean once in a while.
DF  Post #: 98
4/9/2017 15:42:38   
Akiron

I liked this quest very much. Seeing Doug again made my day!
Post #: 99
4/11/2017 3:15:00   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @VJ
I want to have Falwynn as someone living with the Hero

Wow, that was fast. Better to take things one step at a time...

quote:

~origial: @Dark Lord Urmi
I want that rematch! Fal vs fang hero trained...hero Vs rose berserker! and have her win XD

And Fangblade can actually succeed in killing her this time! It's a win-win, another character dies heart-wrenchingly, and you get that rematch. That way, everyone's happy.

Also, I thought about it a bit, and now allow me to correct my previous statement:
quote:

So, it doesn't actually say much about Falwynn's character, I guess.
DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes April 7: Return to Lymcrest!
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition