Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/13/2017 14:00:11   
  DragonUltraMaster
I am Moglin!

Post your feedback for AdventureQuest 3D here! Please remember that the game is still in Open Beta stage of testing; there are going to be bugs and errors, with not a lot to play with just yet. The =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules apply. If you are going to post in a negative light, please use constructive criticism.

Please do not post suggestions. Any bugs need to be reported to the Bug Tracker.

quote:

Constructive Criticism

• What is it?
    Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

• Does it help? How?
    Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.

• Example of Constructive Criticism:
    "I didn't particularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little disappointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
    That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"

• Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
    "I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"

• < Message edited by DragonUltraMaster -- 4/13/2017 14:01:25 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    4/13/2017 22:16:19   
    orc orc orc

It has been said many times, RNG should not be used directly in a endgame or epic item that is meant to require tons of effort. At most it should be a reasonably easy, minor part of the farm that does not interrupt the bulk of the progress. RNG does not reward us for our hard work, but rather luck. There is no real sense of progress as a result. If it takes us 10 hours to get an item while another gets it in one try, how is that fun, how is that fair?

Luck =/= difficulty. It does not make something harder, it only makes it potentially more repetitive and unfun. RNG is padding most of the time and should be reserved only for bonus items.

I am aware the requirements of the scythe is not final, but that only makes feedback more vital. Even if it is a KS reward aimed at a select few players, there's a possibility that future farming items repeat the same mistakes. That has to be stopped.

I believe the Vorah dagger and Soulbourne Axe requirememts should be taken out in favor of something that is effort-based. A 1% drop from a monster with an annoying 10 minute respawn rate is not fun to get and a 1% drop from a chest with a very low spawn rate itself is pretty overkill. The latter is especially malicious because it eats up dungeon keys, and keep in mind, a key takes a whopping 3 hours to replenish. The resulting tedium may promote excessive microcurrency use, which in turn results in gambling due to the high luck requirement. The requirements need to change. (imo)

A possible replacement may perhaps be a boss challenge which we are required to defeat some of the toughest bosses in the game. I think some of the Scale Slayer items did a decent job at that. If the quest system were to be more in-depth and less shallow than it is now, then we could have new quest requirements such as beating x amount of monsters within a set amount of time, beating a mob with a certain class/item, and possibly many more. Anything that emphasize effort over luck.

I would also like something being done with the Necrohen hat. Perhaps releasing a new helmet with/buffing another existing helm to have the same or superior stats. I know, this is something that will be eventually resolved with subsequent updates, but I would much rather get the best offensive helm in the game through legitimate work over wagering dungeon keys.

< Message edited by orc orc orc -- 4/13/2017 22:23:51 >
    Post #: 2
    4/14/2017 4:29:57   
    Loftyz

Vorah dagger isn't so hard. You just have to communicate with everyone farming the dagger (at the time) and get a group hopping between every server to kill the boss on each one. That's why I think the problem will sort itself as more servers open. I do think the map itself is a bit shallow. There's no replayability apart from obtaining the dagger once, and is just dead content after. There should be something going on in these maps to keep them fresh, like daily quests that reward Gold or something like that (3rd currency that can't be traded for or obtained by many other ways, and only does specific things like buy cosmetics in their own shop or slightly enhance equipment with stat/element buffs. Make a slight "movespeed buff but minus a lot of STR as well" buff available for boots).

Buy dungeon keys if you're having trouble with them. If you are completely F2P, there had to be limitation(s) somewhere.

I don't know where the details for this weapon are being posted, but I've heard "2 soulborne axes" which is probably insurmountable for me (who grew up as AE games were being released, and is now an adult with jobs/commitments etc). As a general rule, I hope there is less "extremely rare drop" items and more "slightly-less rare material drop that you can craft 5 of into the item. And make the materials tradeable but the final item non-tradeable; as a gold sink).

And I'd like there to be a consumable item buyable with DC that let's you send 1 serverwide message (you can turn off receiving these messages in your chat settings, or have them in a different chat window if that ever gets developed). Is it possible to have that kind of messaging that other people on the same server but different map/dungeon can see?

< Message edited by Loftyz -- 4/22/2017 7:28:37 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 3
    4/24/2017 17:31:42   
    Iron Volvametal

I still think the Soulborne Axe is still too RNG-based to get; I've managed to get 4 more Necrohen Hat(plus, the one I got before the Weapon was put in the chest for a total of 5) & seen about 4 Rare Tower Chests in the span of about 3 weeks(which translates to about a week of actual playing, due to waiting for Keys to replenish).

And again, this is 3 weeks of no progress of getting a single weapon out of the 3 other Rare Chest Drops. Something needs to change.
    AQW  Post #: 4
    4/25/2017 17:19:49   
    Roaros

.....Your luck?? *rimshot*

:D
    Post #: 5
    4/26/2017 11:32:04   
    XeNON_54

Well his luck is still way better than mine.
    300 runs of Skull Tower and still no Necrohen hat ;_;.
    Post #: 6
    4/27/2017 4:46:57   
    Roaros

Im in exactly the same boat. No hen hat for me either...YET! :)
    Post #: 7
    5/1/2017 16:10:26   
    GODMARIN

i noticed that we stop collecting XP after reaching Lv16, i think it would be cool to continue collecting XP to go towards future levels that are added down the road, unless you guys are changing the XP tables when you add more levels, ether way is cool.
    it would allow us more to do in the time being.

something random:
    It would be cool to have a temporary boost of XP and Gold for the release of Ashfall part 2
    Post #: 8
    5/3/2017 20:16:48   
    Iron Volvametal

This new update's cool, but holy crap, they introduced a lot of crafting materials.

Can Crafting stuff get a separate Inventory for itself? My poor Inventory can't hold all my Stat Gear+Costume Gear+Crafting Materials.

I don't really need a lot, like 10 slots would do just fine, just anything would be better than right now.
    AQW  Post #: 9
    5/4/2017 9:33:17   
    XeNON_54

Dragon Stalker Gauntlets having better stats than Scale Slayer Gauntlets irks me in a bad way.
    Why does a Green item have better stats than a Purple item even though they're the same level?
    Shouldn't this be the other way around?
    Post #: 10
    5/4/2017 11:12:38   
    Sypherix

Soo. The first npc death in a storyline.. So it seems like you guys really want to make cut scenes a big part of the game, well you guys will have to work more on them. If there will be no voice actors involved, at least add some grunts, screams, slash sounds and all that good stuff. And its really time to change the font on those dialogues. The animation was not bad but there is a lot of room for improvement.

I like how you added cut scenes to some quests in the story line leading up to the death. I hope you'd do more of this so we can invest our feelings more to the character. It felt rushed to be honest, leading up to her death. And also, when the cut scene was loading we could see the next quest already which already spoils us her death, you should remove the auto next quest sequence and make the players work more. Let us accept the quests manually.

Mooore interactions with the NPCs please! In a dialogue. You guys should add more options to talk to the important NPCs and let them talk about their life and stuff so that we can remember that character and feel more invested.
    It was a good small step in the right direction!

Good Luck AE!
    AQW  Post #: 11
    5/4/2017 12:46:41   
    Vypie

About cutscenes:
    I would really like to see a cutscene where there is no sound at all, except for the soundtrack that is perfectly crafted to flow with the action and mood.
    When there is only sounds in SOME places and not in others, it feels emptier. Sometimes is just best to not have sound at all. That way our brain still picks it all in a cohesive way that FEELS right.

There might be the occasional dragon roar or an event that can have a sound to it, but in a way that it woven into the music as if it were another instrument. But preferably, it may work even better without it.

Look at the famous intro from the animated film "UP", its a good example.
    And originally, they were intending to add only sounds to the breaking of the jars, but then they took it out because it just fit better.

Of course all this doesn't really work if you desire dialogues. But most of stories can be told through images anyways :)

< Message edited by Vypie -- 5/4/2017 13:03:22 >
    Epic  Post #: 12
    5/4/2017 16:57:19   
    Iron Volvametal

Adding on to what I said about Inventory spaces, please don't make any more "1-time-only" mission reward drops. It's annoying in AQWorlds & it's annoying in AQ3D, ESPECIALLY if the item is actually cool looking &/or unique from other items(ex. Brimston Emblem Cape)in either appearance or stats.

And if you DO make 1-time-only items, at least create a way to make it so that you can at least get another item with similar appearance(ex. Forged Ashbrand Helm/Ashbrand Helm)through either Crafting or Shopping.

But seriously, please look into the Inventory/Crafting Material Spaces.
    AQW  Post #: 13
    5/5/2017 0:23:35   
    Fallen Crest

Possibly in the future they could create three separate inventories:
    Backpack/Bag - For stat items so people can carry multiple gear of different builds to host different classes.
    Wardrobe - For cosmetic items only.
    Craft bag - For crafting materials only.

Obviously you'd start out with more backpack space and be able to purchase more (~30-50). Then AE can start you off with less cosmetic slots and Craft bag slots (Like seven wardrobe slots for one complete cosmetic set) and 10 craft bag slots. All three can be separately bought for more space which gains AE revenue as well as condensing these very different items into a more organized space than spread across your inventory in random places like it is now. Then the bank can condense any of these three types of items into one area regardless of their types (1 full bank slot to start). Items like potions and boosts should be completely left inside the potion menu and not take any space at all, however, items like senna buns or the dark cake or something from dage's event should take up space.

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 5/5/2017 0:25:25 >
    AQW  Post #: 14
    5/5/2017 7:29:03   
    XeNON_54

Seriously though why the heck does a challenge map craft reward have weaker stats than an item that you can get for FREE just by completing a single relatively easy quest?
    It's even THE SAME LEVEL.

Are the rarity tags also just cosmetic? That it doesn't really mean anything? The whole game is starting to feel like another dress-up game like AQW.
    From what I understand a Purple item should be better than a Blue item of the same level and a Blue item is better than a Green item of the same level.

Seriously why the heck does a Green item have better stats than a PURPLE item of the SAME LEVEL?!

It's like Rapid Sash vs Shadowed Belt all over again.
    Post #: 15
    5/5/2017 8:34:55   
    megakyle777

Above: They plan to restat the entire game and every item to be more planned. So it's unlikely that the staff will change just yet, but odds are it will. I know I've asked a tester on twitter if we can get it purple with purple stats at some point.
    DF  Post #: 16
    5/5/2017 9:02:07   
    *Nova*

Lol, did they really make it 6mins per Crimson Shard craft? So I have to stand here and literally manually click this 66 times and spent 500 gold every time. Good Job jerking off your player base AE.. no seriously.. really...? I can craft 10 in 60 mins... so I need 66 of them, that's 6+ hours of me standing here or coming back every 5 mins (assuming it takes about a min estimate to get here). Honestly can't think of anything productive to do in the game for 5 mins... Unless there's another way to make Crimson Shards that I'm not aware of- but if not, what the heck, AE?

I definitely feel rewarded for gathering the resources now, yep count them- 666 of them minion heart just to be bricked up by this. Not to mention the actual crafting time for the staff takes 8 hours LOL. It'll be Ashfall Part 3 before I get enough motivation to log on and craft this weapon! Thanks a lot, AE. Beautiful *deep breath* GAMEPLAY!

Why isn't there an amount that I can craft at a time or something? Like for say, there's a switch much like the one where you purchase or sell a stack of of anything and it just accumulates the total price? What? Would that be too easy or too convenient? I know they are TRYING to buy my patience and make click me the speed up option, after all that is why they implemented it there in the first place.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 5/6/2017 7:05:39 >
    DF MQ  Post #: 17
    5/5/2017 14:44:37   
    JustAPlayer

^ Oh Nova... you can't have a mobile game without the cashgrab portion haha. Go the painfully slow route, or pay some crystals to speed up the craft time!

On another note, something should probably be done about that Crystal Mining Shard quest. I'm sure a lot of people love it, but it's way too rewarding given the difficulty & time it takes to complete =p
    Post #: 18
    5/5/2017 16:20:13   
    Loftyz

I feel like the game could use a lot more surround-sound SFX, like the sound of bubbling or flowing lava, or a monster's footsteps, etc.

As for cosmetics, I'm hoping for an 'equipment' tab with this kind of idea, (showing your equipped gear and cosmetics. The items here should still take up inventory slots, of course, but by the time this is added, we should be able to sort our inventory, and put all the gear at the top or bottom).

Ashfall II was a big hit. My only criticism is that it's starting to go into the whole "there's mystery, and a lot of things not yet understood, and you're not really going to find out about anything for a few years" thing. I would prefer if the game was told through multiple sagas, with each answering all the questions specific to that Saga before reaching an end-point; and then starting the next Saga to address new stories, and slowly building on the over-arching plot throughout all of this (guardian towers, guardian's dragon powers, etc). But maybe that's what Ashfall III will be: an end-point, answering everything about Talyn and the Great Fire Dragon, before leading into the next story. We'll have to wait and see.

quote:

what the heck, AE?

Spend DCs. $50 for 15000 is really generous. It only costs 50-200 DC to speed up crafting the scroll, inversion gem, and both staffs.

< Message edited by Loftyz -- 5/5/2017 16:35:29 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 19
    5/5/2017 23:40:48   
    orc orc orc

quote:

Spend DCs. $50 for 15000 is really generous. It only costs 50-200 DC to speed up crafting the scroll, inversion gem, and both staffs.

I think that is the problem, because does it change that we have to go through countless hours of tedium if we don't?

quote:

Go the painfully slow route, or pay some crystals to speed up the craft time!

That is what I feel about crafting and dungeons right now.

I get it, Dragon Crystals, besides their significance in getting cosmetic items, are used mainly for convenience's sake. And AQ3D is a free-to-play game with a financially struggling company at its helm, so I do understand the use of micro-currency. However, I do not think our enjoyment needs to be sacrificed in order to pave a way for Dragon Crystals.

The thing about Dragon Crystals is that they are not necessary to acquire the best stats in the game, but are they really not? Most purple items may seem to not have DC options, but given that their craft resources and the dungeons involved in crafting have DC shortcuts, they technically do. The process of waiting 3 hours just for a single dungeon key, or having to wait 6 minutes for a single craft resource, when dozens, if not hundreds, dungeon runs or craft resources respectively are required can get incredibly tedious and repetitive. Not everyone, even dedicated players, are always willing to go through that. Consequently, we may be pressured to buy Dragon Crystals just to enjoy the game. That's also the time some would quit the game.

In my opinion, waiting times are an easily-exploitable system to make a buck off us. I'm sure AE isn't malicious to be exploiting waiting times and I believe they need to be balanced. Some may argue that an epic item isn't meant to be farmed in a day, but the game is only in Beta right now, and with merely 17 levels we should not be getting endgame items. Additionally, waiting times do nothing to add challenge to farming, but rather make them more time-consuming. I'm not saying waiting times are an entirely bad thing; when done right, they can be a useful tool to prevent unhealthy levels of gameplay. But when tiny portions of farming are divided by long waiting times, that is when the farming becomes no longer enjoyable and we may be pressured to buy Dragon Crystals.

Possible improvements to this issue include decreasing waiting times for dungeon keys and allowing us to craft more than one crafting resource at a time. Another solution is to decrease the general number of requirements of a crafting item and increase the difficulty in getting them. That way, the item still remains a challenge to earn and we are not required to wait as many hours to get their resources. Crafting items already have hefty waiting times to begin with, so it is not necessarily to give their resources large time requirements as well. And with the rise of cosmetic equips, I do not think the value of Dragon Crystals would be heavily compromised.

In conclusion, waiting times need to be revised. If a farming process is lengthy, they should only divide them into few sessions, not mince them into tiny segments divided by hours of waiting. They should be a useful limit, not a way to force money off us.

< Message edited by orc orc orc -- 5/5/2017 23:47:15 >
    Post #: 20
    5/6/2017 0:47:40   
    Sypherix

quote:

and with merely 17 levels we should not be getting endgame items

Yeah. It definitely feels like power creep every other big update. It makes the current new gear useless if there's going to be better stuff in the next update, and it rips off the players who spent a lot of time getting said items and not to mention that stats will most probably get changed. If AE is going to increase the level cap it should be upped by 10 or something and then wait another 6 months or something before increasing it again. It should not be end game every other big update, it would get too repetitive and boring if we just keep farming for the new best gear.

Also, there isn't even a need to get these new best gear if the old ones are enough to finish the new content. The game is just too easy for that in terms of end game.
    AQW  Post #: 21
    5/6/2017 6:50:44   
    *Nova*

So just because other mobile games use such practices, I'm supposed to just walk away without criticizing it? How about AE develops a good enough system that makes me want to pay for their game instead of using cheap practices to irritate the player-base? I don't care that AE has made my childhood experiences entertainment funnier in the past. They need to make better decisions now, instead of making me question whether or not if they even went to gaming school. Though, by the way that they are going now, I can say that AE has lost my respect for their cheap practices and lousy gameplay to compensate.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 5/7/2017 9:14:33 >
    DF MQ  Post #: 22
    5/6/2017 7:20:44   
    LadyYennifer

@Above DragonFable remains faithful to the players if that helps your decision towards AE as a whole.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 23
    5/6/2017 22:18:23   
    Iron Volvametal

Despite having accumulated over 400+ Health/Mana Potions, I haven't found one place other than Enraged Valek/Mother Hen to use them.

This, coupled with the fact that Dungeon chests that aren't Rare don't drop anything other than these potions, it makes Chests/Potions...a bit useless to farm.

Perhaps Potions should be looked at to further their usefulness? They're slowly falling into the same fate as useables in AQW where they may be useful, but everyone ignores them do since they can handle just about anything with no problem without them.

Also look into Chests, maybe give them a special crafting material that can be used to craft unique & powerful items from a Crafter in Battleon/that dungeon's main hub map? Because right now, other than Rare Chests(due to their very low chances of dropping rare items which, again, I believe the drop rate for them is far too low) Common/Uncommon Chests are absolutely useless to open.
    AQW  Post #: 24
    5/9/2017 1:56:53   
    GODMARIN

i was completing quests and found something strange, in magma mine pass, the quest "Crystal shard miner", i was trying to mine the crystals but they kept changing on me and it did not count towards the quest goal(i had pickaxe), i found out that other players were effecting the crystals that i needed for the quest, which is odd, i figured what i, in this case, mined, would only have an effect on my end, idk if this is a bug or not, but if it is a bug, please let me know and ill throw this into a bug report,
    if it's not a bug, then it will be frustrating when others keep stealing the crystals from each other, people being trolled is never cool, not saying that anyone was intentionally preventing me from quest completion, but still a possibility.
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
    Page 1 of 712345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition