Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2017 22:11:46   
Hana!

Hi,

Before I start, I'd like to share some things about myself, the most relevant of which is that I've been playing Artix Entertainment games since 2002 with the original AdventureQuest. I got into it when I was a kid first exploring the internet for free games and I was hooked right away along with my older brother.

I also don't usually bother giving feedback for many games because in my experience, most developers usually don't care to sift through all of the feedback and comments, and understandably so. However, some do - Artix Entertainment is just one example. Fisn also encouraged me personally to share my feedback so it is clear that my insights and opinions are valued by the team.

This is going to be a large post aimed mainly at the developers and staff at AE but anyone is free to agree, disagree, add things, etc.

What AQ3D Is Doing Right:

There are a lot of things this game is doing well, whether on its own or compared to other games in the genre. Of all the things I could talk about, I would have to say what's impressed me the most is how the art direction is being translated from a 2D flash browser game like AdventureQuest. I got a sense of nostalgia and bewilderment at the same time which is exactly what an art team should strive for when going for a remaster, sequel, etc.

I've played many MMORPGs in general and more recently on mobile and I also have to commend the team on how combat feels. It might have been worse before the major class update, but I wouldn't know. I like where it is now, although there are still some ways to explore classes that would make them more engaging for the player base.

The story is signature AE, not much has changed which is absolutely fine. The childlike humor is of course enjoyable to a younger audience and the references and inside jokes for older players make it worth following dialogue and paying attention to what's going on. A well-written consistent antagonist and an overarching main plot is the only thing missing from the narrative and I suspect that, too, is planned for the future.

What AQ3D Could Do Better:

I'd like to preface this by saying the team is overall doing a pretty impressive job since this is at least partly uncharted territory for parts of the team what with AQ3D being a mobile, open-world 3D RPG. That said, without criticism and open commentary, it's hard to gauge how the majority of players feel. The players may not feel the same way about a release as its creators, unfortunately. So I'd like to share my thoughts in a way that is more constructive for the developers.

What stands out to me right now is the UI. To start, the inventory is a bit messy and not intuitive. For a game that is reaching out to literally any and all ages, the menu system being intuitive is crucial. Specifically, equipment/gear is just a bit hard to manage. A sorting list could be created that auto-sorts the inventory to make it easier to sell and throw stuff away as inventory management is also important, especially later on in the game. The list could look like this, for example:

- Equipped weapon
- Equipped armor (head, chest, shoulders, feet, hands, belt, cape)
- Equipped cosmetics (in the same order as above)
- Unequipped weapons
- Unequipped armor
- Consumables
- Miscellaneous items and monster drops (sorted alphabetically or by rarity)

Ideally, I feel a character profile/page with equipment slots would be the best option to show what we currently have equipped. The inventory as it is can be a bit confusing sometimes, or just take up too much time for simply looking to see what's equipped.

The other part that struck me as odd was the placement of the chat and player health bar. I imagine UI element placement for mobile is an absolute nightmare to figure out, but I think there are some potential solutions. One might be an option to make the chat window transparent, in the lower-middle part of the screen, and have text flow upwards while a speech bubble icon near the consumables and target icon allow the player to hop into the conversation. The player health bar could then be moved to the top left of the screen where it feels like it ought to be.

Another option is health and mana showing up around an optional crosshair in the center of the screen. Just something I've seen other games do that AQ3D may benefit from with the limited screen space on mobile. I can come up with some UI designs once I finish moving and get PhotoShop back up.

Beyond that, I think Travel in the menu has got to go. Having travel crystals and then the menu shortcut is redundant, and I would prefer having to use crystals even at the cost of convenience. It is a nice game world and I don't see why I should be able to zip around everywhere through the menu. It also allows for lower level players to stumble right into the middle of Ashfall or now Darkovia, which might be aggravating. If the reason for that is to allow higher level players to play with lower level players, encourage summoning or teleporting among friends. Allow them to summon each other and have it come up like a party invite.

Aside from the UI, classes could use some added depth. I do like what was done with the class update, it's a good baseline and will certainly make room to add classes when needed for future updates. At the same time, being able to customize and needing to earn things, even abilities for a class, is iconic of AE games. Getting a class and having to master it is important for your games and this game skipping past it feels weird. How I remember it being implemented in AQW would likely work for 3D. Each class has an individual rank. Starter classes are easy to rank up, advanced classes of course take more time to rank up, and some advanced classes require you to have leveled certain starter classes. As DragonSlayer is soon on its way with more classes to follow in the future, it is important to establish how it will be. Can a new player immediately swap into DragonSlayer, or Paladin, or whichever classes might be added later on?

I wouldn't mind class ranks and a separate class experience. I would love it if that came with a roster of abilities that could be interchanged to make the class tailored to the player, or have one Warrior in a dungeon on debuff duty while another Warrior is focused on high DPS. Some individuality and expression in the classes would go a very long way. I also feel I shouldn't be able to swap into a class through the menu and be a master at it right off the bat. I love learning and exploring classes in other RPGs, but the ceiling is not very high for classes in AQ3D where in other AE games, they most certainly are.

Lastly, some ambient, infinitely looping soundscapes would benefit a lot of areas. My experience in the game saw a lot of cool cutscenes introducing me to the areas that were built, with a familiar but unique soundtrack to go with each of them. And then they ended. I was left to go through a whole area in silence besides the sounds of combat. This one's definitely a minor critique but it's important to world-building.

Where To Go From Here:

With how much fun I've been having in the game, it's easy for me to want to hop right into the Play Store and say "Yes! 5 stars for this awesome game" but the Kickstarter page description really nailed it at the end. AQ3D is something that has enormous potential. You have the nostalgia from old AQ or DF players over the years, but you also have an oversaturated MMO market that's full of Korean copy-pasted games. This is a game that I do truly believe could cut through all of it and make a massive impact. If offering a few bits of feedback helps the team do that, it really is a small price to pay.

I like to imagine what you guys have in store for us way down the road. Will we see Carnax? How about Mastercraft armor sets, with accompanying zones or raids to get them for hardcore players? Everything in between?! (I'm hinting that a long-term road map for the game would be something to get excited about, though I understand it's difficult for devs to want to get people excited over ideas that are just ideas)

There's more I could say, but I'll cut myself off here to open up for any discussion. From what I've seen in Discord communities and in-game conversations, added class depth is the biggest request, but it's not the only thing that could be built up.

And in case anything here sounded negative, I'll end it on a positive note. Though I haven't been a totally active player and I haven't played every AE game ever made, your games were still a large part of mine and my brother's childhood and I'll always appreciate what you guys have done and still do. I just hope my thoughts here can be as helpful as your games have been enjoyable.

Thanks for reading!

< Message edited by Hana! -- 11/14/2017 11:24:23 >
AQW  Post #: 151
11/12/2017 12:59:27   
Dog food

I just got into AQ3D today, I've been at it for over 8h and have got from lv 1-7. It's nice that they are improving upon their other MMO:
- Turning in quests from any place, no need to go back to NPC and the next quest automatically begins once you turn in. A nice improvement from AQW.
- You can see the difference in stats in brackets when you're checking your gear so there is no need to write stuff down when you're comparing - you can see right away.
- Arrow to point you in the right direction of for quests - all these things I mentioned are great, it lessens frustration and is efficient.
- Gear with stats + costume gear, this means we can have the most powerful gear and look how we want. This is an improvement from AQW which doesn't have this option.

What sucks?
- The really short timers on crafting (less than 5 mins) are annoying as it's short enough to wait for but you want to get on with the game.
- Hana sure is right on the inventory being trouble to go thru. Old AQW beat AQ3D here. AQ3D ought to take a page put of AQW's book. In AQ3D you open inv then click catagories and some times you even need to scroll thru the list of catagories. AQW has a button for each catagory that is 1 click away with alphabetical order.
- One big one is no info on exactly what you gain from each stat. How much crit do we gain from 1 crit/evasion/haste/attk etc? does the level of my opponent affect my crit rate and does the amount of crit my enemy has compared to mine affect my rate? who knows. This is important stuff to competitive players.
- Another big one: we need something for the end game once we hit our lv cap and get the best gear. A good PvP system is a very good one and you need leader boards or win/lose records like ED or something otherwise no one really cares. This is something AQW is missing big time: you hit the lv cap then you farm the powerful and hard to get stuff but for no good reason, all you can do is show off because AQW has no leader boards or PvP with records or anything.

The aggressive monsters are a freakin pain in the ass.

UPDATE: These aggro monsters piss me off badly. I hate having to run out of the way to avoid them once they target or getting killed by a group of them while I'm trying to do something. I wanna say more words but this is a PG forum

< Message edited by Dog food -- 11/13/2017 17:06:51 >
Post #: 152
11/14/2017 8:28:22   
XeNON_54

This wait for the tree to respawn every 30 mins is freakin TORTURE!!!
Post #: 153
11/18/2017 23:30:44   
WickedSick

I am bewildered how some AE players like hana think that AQ3D could make a massive impact out of "copy pasted mmorpgs". Speaking from a typical mmorpg player's perspective, AQ3D has zero chance of attracting players of modern mmorpgs and here's why.

New releases are reskinned versions of old releases. Take a look at mogloween's monsters and darkovia's monsters. Do the monsters attack differently?Is there any aspect of gameplay that deviates from the same old kill and gather quests?If the answer is no, how do you expect to break the monotony and repetitiveness that is present in AQ3D's gameplay? Every single event boss, dungeon boss and normal monster is a reskinned copy with different hp and attack values. The method of killing them remains the same,as monsters do not have other skills that might force a player to dodge or react differently. Now there are some people who will defend AQ3D's repetitiveness by saying that all mmorpgs are grindy and repetitive by nature, and while that is true, other modern mmorpgs offer a variety of game modes to break the monotony of kill quests.

What do I mean by that? Let's consider pvp, something which a sizeable number of mmorpg players consider as end-game content. Other mmorpgs offer 1v1, 3v3, 5v5 battles and even guild vs guild battles that are reset on weekly/daily basis. Some even have a survival mode, where all players take part in a free for all pvp battle and the victor is the last man standing. In comparison, AQ3D offers nothing in comparison to tried-and-tested cookie cutter mmorpgs.

What about raids? Raiding in other mmorpgs is an interesting experience as not only do dungeon bosses have different attack patterns and multiple skills, they are also present in higher difficulties which enable bosses to have additional skills and stats. Some mobile mmorpgs have 10-man, 40-man dungeons where specific roles are required in order to clear the content. It is fun to attack a boss that isn't a mindless auto attacking drone; and it feels even more epic when you clear the boss with a huge 40 man team.Some mobile mmorpgs offer guild hunts where guilds form parties of up to 40 people in order to kill a special monster or a boss monster that spawns in the wild at certain times. These bosses drop tokens that give additional stats when the player has reached certain token milestones, and for balance reasons these tokens are capped to prevent players from getting unlimited stats. Some dungeons offer 3-4 randomized loot on dungeon completion, as well as a mini-auction of randomized loot which include gear and upgrade materials for party members to bid on. Some games host events that offer real-life currency for fastest raid completion to attract more players to their game. Dungeon loot from high level dungeons requires the player to identify the item before it can be used. As the number,type of stat lines is randomized, no two equipment are the same.High level dungeon loot also comes with different set bonuses, having 2-3 pieces of a set grants you set bonuses; these stat bonuses include a boost in stats, boost in power of an ability, grants a chance of inflicting status conditons on a monster, or grants a chance to proc a skill that isn't part of the player's skill book. Dungeon equipment can be upgraded to give better stat ranges, and can be socketed with gems to give a boost in stats. These gems can be further polished to give better stats. In comparison, aq3d's bosses are carbon copies of each other with no exciting attacks or interesting loot.

What about factions? Some mobile mmorpgs implement a faction system that allows you to gain faction reputation and medals. These faction medals can be exchanged for gear in the faction shop, while the level of your reputation limits the gear you can buy or the faction quests you can take. Reputation can be obtained by eliminating enemies in the faction map.Some mmorpgs allow you to auto-attack the creeps so you can do some other things while waiting for your character to farm reputation. Some faction quests require you to compete with other players for resources or sneak into enemy territory to gain intelligence, which is somewhat fun because you can get pked by other players while trying to sneak into the other faction's territory.

What about miscellaneous events that a player can do? some mmorpgs offer world trivia, where players answer multiple choice questions and gain exp and silver for getting a question right. There are also picture Q&As where players get exp and silver for choosing the right picture out of two that best describes a place or event. There are also random activites that players can do like setting up fireworks or inviting other players to dance, all of which give either exp, silver or some other item needed for character progression. There are also random events where you are asked if you want to help a player fighting a mini-boss in a storyline quest, and events where the guild gathers around a bonfire answering guild-related trivia.(e.g would be questions like who is the guild leader, who has the highest character rating, which is the most used class in the guild etc)

I've seen mmorpgs that have the same number of active skills as aq3d(5 active skills). The difference is that I can swap out skills to create a unique skill build, and each skill comes with its own unique ability. In AQ3D some skills are a carbon copy of each other with a different damage modifier(e.g warrior). In other mmorpgs classes have different abilities, for example, a cc-based skill, an aoe skill, single target skill, aoe heal, shield, aggro drawing skill etc. Some of the skills in aq3d just aren't well thought out.(Creating three different single target skills with a different damage multiplier DOES not alleviate the monotony and repetitiveness of combat.

There are a lot of things I mentioned that AQ3D can probably adapt to their game, as right now, AQ3D is one of the most bare-bones mmorpgs on the mobile market.

< Message edited by WickedSick -- 11/18/2017 23:34:52 >
AQ  Post #: 154
11/19/2017 8:16:51   
Vypie

@WickedSick

Thank you, I've been expressing this for a long time!

The most important thing about a game is the actual PLAYING part. AQ3D does not yet have much of that. Regardless of how much content or cool armors you put into the game, it will fail if the gameplay itself does not grow.
I was uncertain, but a bit optimistic about the newly improved classes. But in the end we simply got somewhat different skills that didn't actually change the way you play. It's still just numbers on cooldowns, There's only a sliver of interactivity.

They are definitely going to add abilities to monsters so that they require to play a bit differently. It surely takes development and animation time, and perhaps they already did some of that for Ashfall 3. We will see! (It's safe to assume they were not able to put tons of resources on darkovia because of Ashfall, that's why it only has the basic combat stuff.

I don't want to think this all we are gonna get in terms of combat. I hope the developers don't think this is good enough. Is there an actual designer dedicated to the gameplay? Even with the simple mechanics they are using for the skills, I'm sure they could be more inventive with them.
Ultimates are VERY boring except for the rogue. They should not be just damage!
Most abilities are too just different ways to deal damage, they don't require you to adapt to anything. Mage has some crowd control, but do you even need it when monsters are this basic?
The worst example is the warrior. With a limited set of abilities, you would expect each to be distinct enough. But instead warrior has TWO abilities that do... damage. It's just an extension of auto-attack damage on cooldowns. or THREE, if you count the ultimate. They have the most interesting passive, though! But maybe it is because the rest is basic in comparison.

ROGUE ABILITIES: (Some ideas of what skills could be for rogue)
Right now it focuses a bit too much on damage over time with poisons, when it could focus on quick blade attacks and agility/movement!

[REMOVE]:
-Get rid of poison strike, it basically works like a version of auto-attack. We can instead find a cool battle-opener that combos with other skills.
-Swift kick is pretty boring. Weakening attack is very non-interactive. We could replace it with something else that also disables enemy damage.

[MODIFY]:
-Scorpion sting: We already have damage-over-time happening, why have this also be the same? Raw damage would even be preferred. Let's make it consume stacks to deal damage + STUN. Stun lasts longer per stack consumed.
(fills the role of "weaken" and fits rogues and paralyzing poisons quite nicely)

[ADD]:
-Drilling Dash: Dash to the target, damaging and applying a poison stack 4 times. Only works from far away!
(Use this skill to initiate a combat, or combo it after a stun to quickly re-apply stacks and deal lots of damage. In PvP, this would also be a gap-closer against ranged classes!)

-Blade Barrier: Blocks & counter-attacks all enemy attacks during 2 seconds. Also increases next ability damage by X%.
(A reactive skill. Can deflect some types of ranged attacks too.)

[KEEP]:
-Auto-attack builds poison stacks (awesome already!)
-Venom dance is pretty cool, it already interacts with other skills!

Maybe also make some classes have a TOGGLE ability. These can be pretty fun! (two stances with passive effects)
So for rogue, while we are at it:
Stance-1: Your auto-attack frequency is increased by 25%. Stance-2: Makes ALL your attacks/effects also hit the second nearest enemy. (so you basically swap on need, but with a 5 or 10 sec cooldown)

I would love to re-imagine other classes, maybe later!

< Message edited by Vypie -- 11/19/2017 8:18:24 >
Epic  Post #: 155
11/21/2017 15:44:09   
Hana!

quote:

I am bewildered how some AE players like hana think that AQ3D could make a massive impact out of "copy pasted mmorpgs". Speaking from a typical mmorpg player's perspective, AQ3D has zero chance of attracting players of modern mmorpgs and here's why.

New releases are reskinned versions of old releases. Take a look at mogloween's monsters and darkovia's monsters. Do the monsters attack differently?Is there any aspect of gameplay that deviates from the same old kill and gather quests?If the answer is no, how do you expect to break the monotony and repetitiveness that is present in AQ3D's gameplay? Every single event boss, dungeon boss and normal monster is a reskinned copy with different hp and attack values. The method of killing them remains the same,as monsters do not have other skills that might force a player to dodge or react differently. Now there are some people who will defend AQ3D's repetitiveness by saying that all mmorpgs are grindy and repetitive by nature, and while that is true, other modern mmorpgs offer a variety of game modes to break the monotony of kill quests.

What do I mean by that? Let's consider pvp, something which a sizeable number of mmorpg players consider as end-game content. Other mmorpgs offer 1v1, 3v3, 5v5 battles and even guild vs guild battles that are reset on weekly/daily basis. Some even have a survival mode, where all players take part in a free for all pvp battle and the victor is the last man standing. In comparison, AQ3D offers nothing in comparison to tried-and-tested cookie cutter mmorpgs.

What about raids? Raiding in other mmorpgs is an interesting experience as not only do dungeon bosses have different attack patterns and multiple skills, they are also present in higher difficulties which enable bosses to have additional skills and stats. Some mobile mmorpgs have 10-man, 40-man dungeons where specific roles are required in order to clear the content. It is fun to attack a boss that isn't a mindless auto attacking drone; and it feels even more epic when you clear the boss with a huge 40 man team.Some mobile mmorpgs offer guild hunts where guilds form parties of up to 40 people in order to kill a special monster or a boss monster that spawns in the wild at certain times. These bosses drop tokens that give additional stats when the player has reached certain token milestones, and for balance reasons these tokens are capped to prevent players from getting unlimited stats. Some dungeons offer 3-4 randomized loot on dungeon completion, as well as a mini-auction of randomized loot which include gear and upgrade materials for party members to bid on. Some games host events that offer real-life currency for fastest raid completion to attract more players to their game. Dungeon loot from high level dungeons requires the player to identify the item before it can be used. As the number,type of stat lines is randomized, no two equipment are the same.High level dungeon loot also comes with different set bonuses, having 2-3 pieces of a set grants you set bonuses; these stat bonuses include a boost in stats, boost in power of an ability, grants a chance of inflicting status conditons on a monster, or grants a chance to proc a skill that isn't part of the player's skill book. Dungeon equipment can be upgraded to give better stat ranges, and can be socketed with gems to give a boost in stats. These gems can be further polished to give better stats. In comparison, aq3d's bosses are carbon copies of each other with no exciting attacks or interesting loot.

What about factions? Some mobile mmorpgs implement a faction system that allows you to gain faction reputation and medals. These faction medals can be exchanged for gear in the faction shop, while the level of your reputation limits the gear you can buy or the faction quests you can take. Reputation can be obtained by eliminating enemies in the faction map.Some mmorpgs allow you to auto-attack the creeps so you can do some other things while waiting for your character to farm reputation. Some faction quests require you to compete with other players for resources or sneak into enemy territory to gain intelligence, which is somewhat fun because you can get pked by other players while trying to sneak into the other faction's territory.

What about miscellaneous events that a player can do? some mmorpgs offer world trivia, where players answer multiple choice questions and gain exp and silver for getting a question right. There are also picture Q&As where players get exp and silver for choosing the right picture out of two that best describes a place or event. There are also random activites that players can do like setting up fireworks or inviting other players to dance, all of which give either exp, silver or some other item needed for character progression. There are also random events where you are asked if you want to help a player fighting a mini-boss in a storyline quest, and events where the guild gathers around a bonfire answering guild-related trivia.(e.g would be questions like who is the guild leader, who has the highest character rating, which is the most used class in the guild etc)

I've seen mmorpgs that have the same number of active skills as aq3d(5 active skills). The difference is that I can swap out skills to create a unique skill build, and each skill comes with its own unique ability. In AQ3D some skills are a carbon copy of each other with a different damage modifier(e.g warrior). In other mmorpgs classes have different abilities, for example, a cc-based skill, an aoe skill, single target skill, aoe heal, shield, aggro drawing skill etc. Some of the skills in aq3d just aren't well thought out.(Creating three different single target skills with a different damage multiplier DOES not alleviate the monotony and repetitiveness of combat.

There are a lot of things I mentioned that AQ3D can probably adapt to their game, as right now, AQ3D is one of the most bare-bones mmorpgs on the mobile market.

You're not the only MMORPG player, so you really can't speak for everyone. It attracted me as someone who played the most modern MMORPG releases like Black Desert Online, World of Warcraft: Legion, etc., though admittedly, it was more because of the nostalgia factor.

I said combat on mobile is fun, but there needs to be more depth added to it for sure. There's certainly room for improvement and that's most of what I said. Adding skills to dodge, important skill timing, and other gameplay elements and mechanics to combat and bosses especially would do a lot for AQ3D. I even agreed with you in that loot could use a lot of work like more meaningful stats and options to enhance. Citing other MMORPGs, especially ones that randomize stats on gear for "uniqueness" or progression is a terrible idea, though.

A lot of what you're bringing up is a lot of out of context features from other games and just because one game implements something well doesn't mean another one will. Overwatch popularized the loot box model to the point that they're a staple in most online games released today; that doesn't mean it is a good design decision and I wouldn't be alone in thinking that could be removed from most if not all games it's included in. You mentioned AFK farming, for example, that I've seen other mobile MMORPGs use. By definition, that isn't gameplay. You advocated for more engaging gameplay and then implied AQ3D would benefit from something that is the polar opposite of gameplay.

It's not hard to see that AQ3D does have potential to be a fantastic mobile MMORPG. I think it's still at least a year's worth of development away from being near that point, but I do believe if AE listens to feedback regularly and stays driven, they'll find that success. The reason why I did say that AQ3D has the potential to be that good and cut through the copy-pasted MMORPGs saturating the mobile market is because that's exactly what all those games do. They take and use features from each other to the point that each game becomes more or less a re-skin of the one that came before it. I tried nearly every mobile MMORPG and saw the same thing in each of them: gimmicky farming and looting, severe lack of world building and story direction, and the signature slew of eastern MMORPG tactics where you're handed everything in the game on a silver platter without putting in any effort. There were several I started playing and received top-tier gear within minutes and got bombarded by hand-outs so I'd continue playing the game. These are the games you cited and, somehow, these are the top rated mobile games in the Google Play store.

I won't speak for every MMORPG player, but I think I can speak for people who are tired of the generic Asian MMORPG both on PC and mobile with their pay-to-win, quasi-gambling business models that usually do have trouble retaining their player bases because there's no meaningful content or game world.

So although we disagree on some points, here's what we do agree on:

- Equipment Rework: meaningful stats and gear enhancement like slots for gems or similar upgrades in high-tier equipment.
- Class Development: build up on class framework so players can build the class according to what they like and want to use. They can still use a max of 5 abilities at a time, but that doesn't mean they can only choose from 5 abilities.
- Enemy Interaction: skills to avoid and ways to excel at combat past spamming skills and hoping your stats are good enough. Bosses should turn the environment around them into a battleground; players should need to dodge skills and abilities from bosses and make fights more challenging without insane math. FFXIV has a great boss model in their latest expansions - bosses are absurdly difficult, challenging, and rewarding to beat without turning them into a big sponge for 24 players.
- Factions and PvP: a nonlinear story could go a long way, allowing for players to branch out. That would pave the way for a PvP system to make sense in the game, even in the open world. I wouldn't mind something like that to get away from the Battleon bank grind
- More Social World: dungeon/party queues, LFG, player support, etc. I had hoped the random dungeon feature in Battleon would bring me to parties in need of some help, but it's as random as it says. I would enjoy going into parties that need some help on a boss and often do it anyway even though there isn't a system for it in-game.
AQW  Post #: 156
11/26/2017 0:42:15   
WickedSick

@Hana

Very well reasoned and logical post. Thank you for taking the time to read my points and for responding to the points I made.

There is a lot I agree with you on. I agree that combat needs to improved on, and on second thoughts, I do agree with you that having randomized stats does not add uniqueness and progression to the game. It might do well as a tool to keep players occupied while the developers make new content for the game, but I'm also not sure if it will be the right fit for AQ3D.

You make a fair point that certain features that might be good in one game may not be good for another. I agree. I also never liked the gambling aspect of freemium games as you do and I'm of the opinion that it would be best removed from the game. However, let me explain the context of afk farming. In certain mobile games, a typical day would see a player doing his dailies, raiding, mining, team events, pvp, boss hunts, random map events and farming monsters for reputation. As all of these take a lot of time, afk farming is a great tool for people who want to automate the mindless, repetitive activities (like reputation farming) so that they can focus their energies on manual stuff like raiding and pvp. The afk farming tool I mentioned isn't supposed to provide more engaging gameplay; its meant to be used as a tool to free up time for people to do the more interesting aspects of the game. Personally, I'd rather the devs of these mobile games shorten the time needed to these mindless repetitive activities so that the grind is tolerable and less time-consuming, but afk farming is an alternative that I'm willing to accept.

I like my games to have variety. This may come in the form of different game modes,unique challenges, puzzles, variety of player choices,extensive character and equipment customization etc. AQ3D doesn't have variety in its gameplay. Every quest is a forgettable kill quest or loot quest, with the same dull, simple, repetitive bosses and combat. AQ3D's class system robs players of a sense of progression not only because there is zero player choice, but because these skills stick with you from lvl 1 to lvl 18. One of the solutions a dev has proposed, but has not implemented, would be to add a dps warrior class, tank warrior class etc. I don't think this is the solution because it still robs the player of a sense of progression, and is a little insulting that the devs do not think the player is capable to making decisions for himself. I can tolerate 5 skills due to the small space on mobile, but I want to be able to make meaningful skill choices, either by being able to choose 5 skills from pool of skills that isn't just a damage multiplier of each other(*cough* warrior *cough*) or have the skills evolve or branch out as I level up. And, for the love of god, I hope AQ3D removes the level cap on bank quests and future events(artificially lowering a player's level and stats). AQ3D doesn't have to copy other mmorpgs but it must develop unique forms of gameplay that will attract people to stay on with the game

The other thing I look for in any game is replayability. Frankly, despite the variety in mmorpgs, I don't find mmorpgs to be as replayable as mobas. Same old grind,same old loot systems and same old gameplay, same old experience. But at the very least these copy-pasted mmorpgs have variety. They may not be great, but they are at least better than AQ3D which has no variety and mistakes the soul-crushing, repetitive, grindy kill quest updates for meaningful content. AQ3D is a mmoprg that looks like it hasn't evolved from the early mmos. I would like to say that this game has potential, but it worries me when there is simply no meaningful update to this game that would change my experience.

AQ3D might be your cup of tea, but it isn't mine in its current state. Being different from other mmorpgs does not necessarily mean that it is good. I'll probably give AQ3D a few months before deciding whether to continue this game, so I'll pop in occasionally to check for meaningful updates

< Message edited by WickedSick -- 11/26/2017 0:59:53 >
AQ  Post #: 157
11/27/2017 16:39:05   
overdead

To be honest, the only selling factor that AQ3D has right now is the nostalgia it brings. I really can't see anything else considering how developed the MMORPG genre is today. It's a game that came out 7 or so years too late.

I hope Artix has some trick up his sleeve.

< Message edited by overdead -- 11/27/2017 22:31:32 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 158
12/3/2017 0:39:29   
Hana!

quote:

Very well reasoned and logical post. Thank you for taking the time to read my points and for responding to the points I made.

There is a lot I agree with you on. I agree that combat needs to improved on, and on second thoughts, I do agree with you that having randomized stats does not add uniqueness and progression to the game. It might do well as a tool to keep players occupied while the developers make new content for the game, but I'm also not sure if it will be the right fit for AQ3D.

You make a fair point that certain features that might be good in one game may not be good for another. I agree. I also never liked the gambling aspect of freemium games as you do and I'm of the opinion that it would be best removed from the game. However, let me explain the context of afk farming. In certain mobile games, a typical day would see a player doing his dailies, raiding, mining, team events, pvp, boss hunts, random map events and farming monsters for reputation. As all of these take a lot of time, afk farming is a great tool for people who want to automate the mindless, repetitive activities (like reputation farming) so that they can focus their energies on manual stuff like raiding and pvp. The afk farming tool I mentioned isn't supposed to provide more engaging gameplay; its meant to be used as a tool to free up time for people to do the more interesting aspects of the game. Personally, I'd rather the devs of these mobile games shorten the time needed to these mindless repetitive activities so that the grind is tolerable and less time-consuming, but afk farming is an alternative that I'm willing to accept.

I like my games to have variety. This may come in the form of different game modes,unique challenges, puzzles, variety of player choices,extensive character and equipment customization etc. AQ3D doesn't have variety in its gameplay. Every quest is a forgettable kill quest or loot quest, with the same dull, simple, repetitive bosses and combat. AQ3D's class system robs players of a sense of progression not only because there is zero player choice, but because these skills stick with you from lvl 1 to lvl 18. One of the solutions a dev has proposed, but has not implemented, would be to add a dps warrior class, tank warrior class etc. I don't think this is the solution because it still robs the player of a sense of progression, and is a little insulting that the devs do not think the player is capable to making decisions for himself. I can tolerate 5 skills due to the small space on mobile, but I want to be able to make meaningful skill choices, either by being able to choose 5 skills from pool of skills that isn't just a damage multiplier of each other(*cough* warrior *cough*) or have the skills evolve or branch out as I level up. And, for the love of god, I hope AQ3D removes the level cap on bank quests and future events(artificially lowering a player's level and stats). AQ3D doesn't have to copy other mmorpgs but it must develop unique forms of gameplay that will attract people to stay on with the game

The other thing I look for in any game is replayability. Frankly, despite the variety in mmorpgs, I don't find mmorpgs to be as replayable as mobas. Same old grind,same old loot systems and same old gameplay, same old experience. But at the very least these copy-pasted mmorpgs have variety. They may not be great, but they are at least better than AQ3D which has no variety and mistakes the soul-crushing, repetitive, grindy kill quest updates for meaningful content. AQ3D is a mmoprg that looks like it hasn't evolved from the early mmos. I would like to say that this game has potential, but it worries me when there is simply no meaningful update to this game that would change my experience.

AQ3D might be your cup of tea, but it isn't mine in its current state. Being different from other mmorpgs does not necessarily mean that it is good. I'll probably give AQ3D a few months before deciding whether to continue this game, so I'll pop in occasionally to check for meaningful updates

I've actually had a bit of experience more lately with "AFK" mechanics in mobile games. I can actually appreciate it so that I can keep up with events while not needing to actually focus on them. Not sure how it could be implemented in an MMORPG like AQ3D, but it is something I've learned to appreciate. In the early stages of an MMORPG, when you should be learning the gameplay aspects of it, it's pretty gimmicky, but when you're at "endgame" and just need to mindlessly farm things, it's actually a bit of a relief. If you're wondering, I was talking about Kingdom Hearts UX, but those kind of mechanics could be applied to AQ3D as long as players aren't allowed to AFK grind from level 1 to max level like some MMORPGs I've seen.

Agreed about what you mention about the quests and class system. Player choice is very important; I could see it being a development AE makes both in the class system and in quests. I'd personally like the choice to choose alignment, and the option for more class depth is a must-have. Scaling dungeons make me cry - it's why I haven't been doing bank grinding regularly.

AQ3D has potential which I tend to get ahead of myself and give too much credit for. Technically, any MMORPG has potential to beat out its competition and innovate, but 99% of them don't. I truly do hope AQ3D does and AE treats this like their breakthrough game. They've just gotta keep tabs on this thread and engage with players and they should be all set.

I've been playing a lot less recently because I feel as though I've accomplished everything to do. Yeah, there's a small drop chance for rare items, but I don't care to get them because I have the look I want. I almost want to suggest AE drop just about everything except AQ, AQW, DF, and AQ3D, but I don't know what their plans are and what they're looking at in the future. I just hope AQ3D sees a consistent stream of new content to get it to a live release and give the current player base enough to keep them going and interested.
AQW  Post #: 159
12/3/2017 10:47:00   
One Winged Angel1357

@^ You named the only four games they are working on already. If anything happens in one of the other games it's not a great deal of man hours to get it done
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 160
12/4/2017 14:23:19   
Spartaneous X

Hey so after playing an extensive amount of hours in-game.
Things that are awesome so far are the dungeon raids and the reward system being able to craft and farm for the stuff is enjoyable however the spawn rates on chests could be better according to some I like the fact it's harder to get gives me a reason to come back and play at the moment where the game is at there's alot to do for newer players older players are at this point just waiting for the new drops and releases. I think working towards Guilds would be a good step as of now a guild and clan area would be awesome to get the Veterans to help the newer players understand base game and encourage groups to farm and interact while the raiding does do this having a clan to rely on can make the game much more interesting in terms of replayability the ability to build your own clan fortress and have clan members farm and raid for materials to help build their clan fortresses as a whole would be pretty cool and give everyone a sense of accomplishment. While your team is currently focusing on two branching storylines I feel the need to stress more player interactions such as the simple option to duel another player wherever they may be or have a dueling server area a place to test the combat mechanics on other classes involving most of the current testers to test stats and builds and how when other classes are released will be able to react to them. Frostvale I'm hoping is on it's way but if it's not in-game yet it's understandable considering.how busy your team is ATM with promoting in California and other cons.
I think though a guild option and a Online Friend Notifier would add to the games social aspects letting me know a friend came online as soon as they sign on in a notification would be really cool and the ability to delegate who is shown and what is shown would be awesome also. A skill Guide would be awesome too the ability to Go fishing mining or even Berry picking for potion mixing would be a really cool option to impliment at some point
AQW Epic  Post #: 161
12/20/2017 19:03:51   
BalDrakoFountAQ3D

In the Newest Darkovia Part II Update they seem to have added another weapon to the game
This weapon is known as the Hunter's Stake a drop from the Warwolf Chieftain known as the boss of the Deepclaw Caverns it is considered to be an epic drop

The fact that the drop is already epic establishes its appeal towards rares hunters but to lengthen the magnitude of power exhibited by this weapon, it has the highest attack in the game +265

Many people have been repeatedly grinding the dungeon in pursuit of this divine weapon however from experience many of these players are inclined to feel frustration because there is no clear table that dictates the chances of an item dropping based off its rarity.
Although having knowledge of such statistics would remove the feeling of exploration and mystery that the game urges onto the player, Having a table of values similar that can act as a guideline for approximation of percent values for an item to drop based off its rarity is able to benefit the players as they can have a more accurate approximation of the time it can take for them to acquire such item. This I believe will reduce the amount of frustration shared by the players and will set the foundation for the creation of more organized data tables in the future to assist with information.

PS: Glad to have posted again I missed posting here in the Pre Beta days of AQ3D
AQW  Post #: 162
12/22/2017 7:54:25   
XeNON_54

The Whole Game Story Feels Too Much Like A Single Player Game Instead Of It Being An MMO.
There Is Literally No Acknowledgement About The Existence Of The Other Players During Cutscenes. It Was Fine During AQ, DF And MQ Since They Literally Are Single Player. It Was Jarring During AQW. This Issue Happening Again In AQ3D Is Just Plain Wrong.

It's Like Our Own Player Character Is The ONLY Important Person In The Whole Universe And Nobody Else Matters. It's Like The Whole Game Was Written Like A 10 Year Old's FanFiction Story.
Post #: 163
12/22/2017 12:48:35   
Maelious

Hi there.

First off, I think this game is great for players who enjoy collecting items. I fall into this category and as such am finding the game fulfilling to play. However, as a collector, I do have some issues with storage.

With all numerious items being released, I was wondering if there were any plans to also increase the number of bank vaults that players may purchase. At the moment, players may buy up to 10 vaults. However, would it be possible to allow players to buy unlimited bank vaults (or some large number of them - say 100)?

Further, I have noticed that items stored in bank and inventory are re-sorted based on the date/time the item was acquired. Would it be possible to allow players to sort their bank/inventory and make that sorted order persistent?

Thanks for listening.
Post #: 164
3/1/2019 22:13:45   
frostytree

Alpha knight here haha. Alright so ive seen a lot on here over the years from basically 0 char customization which i know not if thats changed as my characters from alpha/closed beta... To not being able to exit battleon, i even remember the old quests at start of CBT.

With that said i walked away for a very long time and i just came back recently.

What i like

Its actually playable now
We actually have skill rotations now
We have plenty of great starting classes
Quest line is great
The other players are great as well
Membership is a one time fee (thank god)

What i dont like
You cant really tell alpha knight armor apart from dragon guardian, alpha knight looks like a test set for dragon guardian, the floating sword at alpha/beta shop seems non existant (maybe i missed a promotion)

Cosmetics aside i dont like how moving while in combat works please add a follow enemy auto camera it would make mobile play 100x better like say im fighting and need to side step id like it to feel less clunky...

Healer isnt a class healer and necromancer have been my favorite classes for a long time

Speaking of necromancer while i can do more with it compared to my almost maxed warrior, it still feels weird/bad i dont like how its skeleton companion acts and i cant tell if its skill is actually healing me or not when its being used, i dont expect 0 to full health or anything crazy like that but i remember how it was in aqw yes different games, new ideas, new spins on classes but i would love for necro to get a few minor tweaks if possible.

With this all said i did buy dragon guardian today because i have a very good impression of AE over the years starting from AQ
Post #: 165
3/3/2019 0:02:35   
Nessa Ellensse

So far of all the AE games you have managed to give Saraphina the best plotline. She had a good one in AQ, The plot line in DF got off to a slow start but turned out well. AQWorlds was the worst including especially the chibified graphics. Thankfully her plotline was salvaged. This has to be one of the best renderings of her. I would like to see actual peace come to Darkovia.

Some things look like the game takes place in a AQ/DF time line where the hero was dead for events we participated in. Like the Great Fire War. We were there to help Galanoth get through loosing his friend to Drakonan. A lot of what's going on seems to be a for want of a nail.

Also what is a fanatic like Maxamillion Lionfang doing in charge of the Paladin order. Any veteran of the 13 Lords of Chaos event in AQWORLDS knows this isnt going to end well. I am almost happy its him and not Artix you are making the fanatic. Hopefully Artix can eventually take his place as the "reasonable authority figure"

So is this going to be the plot your going with? Or will there be another round of recons after you come out of Beta. Also please make all cutscene replayable?

quote:

The Whole Game Story Feels Too Much Like A Single Player Game Instead Of It Being An MMO.
There Is Literally No Acknowledgement About The Existence Of The Other Players During Cutscenes. It Was Fine During AQ, DF And MQ Since They Literally Are Single Player. It Was Jarring During AQW. This Issue Happening Again In AQ3D Is Just Plain Wrong.

It's Like Our Own Player Character Is The ONLY Important Person In The Whole Universe And Nobody Else Matters. It's Like The Whole Game Was Written Like A 10 Year Old's FanFiction Story

I think I can help with this one. The plot drives the cutscenes. Like AQW this may be an MMO, but in the story line there is only one hero the PC. The is probably done for the sake of coding since they never now how many people will in a fight at one given time. It's easier to code everyone their own cutscene. This isnt the only MMO to do this. Knights of the old Republic does it as well. In the cut scenes you only see your character and his or her companions.

< Message edited by Nessa Ellensse -- 3/3/2019 0:16:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 166
3/11/2019 8:53:33   
XeNON_54

why is rogue xskill so freaking unusable by other classes?
it would've been better if swift kick and affliction switched places
Post #: 167
3/13/2019 8:58:17   
*Nova*

I agree that Affliction makes very little sense as a cross skill, unless they make more class with Poison status in the future (I think the skill still works when there's another Rogue on the team but Rogue is the most unused class in the game). They really should consider changing the function of Affliction to apply to all DoT damage. This would make the skill crazy good for Dragonslayer, Mage, and any class with DoT skills considering it has only a 20s cooldown.
DF MQ  Post #: 168
3/25/2019 9:03:59   
Phlynch

The necromancer training is super frustrating. The monsters you kill for it are only in dungeons, and there aren't enough of them in-dungeon to get it done in a single run so you have to spend 4 keys a day just to farm your class.

All it would take to fix this is change the enemies you have to farm over to Isle of the Dead enemies, where things actually respawn, instead of a dungeon, where you have to spend something to get a new batch of monsters.
Post #: 169
3/28/2020 11:06:47   
Tommy951

I've been using the mage class more often recently, and one frustrating thing I've noticed is that the range at which you can fight enemies - that is, where they will take damage from your skills, and move to attack you - is shorter than the actual range of your spells. This has led to more than a few occasions when I've opened up on an enemy, only for it to take no damage - forcing me to wait for my skills to recharge, and then to move closer and try again. This is most frustrating when I use my ultimate skill first, only for the enemy to stand there taking no damage because I'm 'too far away'.

Also, boss fights can be a little harsh on the 'combat range'. For example, one time I fought Akriloth and moved backwards towards the edge of the platform to avoid an attack - not a long way back, just far enough to be out of the 'red area' of his attack - and this counted as me leaving the fight, and Akriloth received a full heal. This happened twice in one fight.

MQ  Post #: 170
5/17/2021 23:43:59   
Gyrard

Hello everyone, the topics which I want to make a few suggestions are about fast travel, map, classes and some items and areas.

Map: I do believe that the developers will eventually connects all the areas on the game, might not be a pressing matter but this detail adds to the game overall image. It seems odd (to me at least) to go the Underworld without ever finding its entrance. My second suggestion would use this feature/detail.

Fast Travel: following the previous idea, I would like to suggest that those blue crystals we see on every area should be used to unlock the fast travel for that specific area. This feature would look similar to the FF Online crystals and would add to the exploration factor of the game. Special areas like the chess arena would be accesible through the main portal but places like the World Tree will required some NPC/event to send the player there (or having some path that leads to them).

Classes: although I dont see any problem with the classes in general (by the way excellent work with the moglomancer and paladin), their ranks should have more effect on the gameplay. It seems odd that, for example, a lvl 10 warrior is the same as a lvl 100 warrior regarding their skills/damage/effects/etc. From lvl 50+ it would be nice if the classes acquire buffs, new effects on their skills or their NPC starts selling new skills (which could only be changed back with him).

Guilds: probably there will be a lot of stuff for guilds later on the future but I would like to add two suggestions for guild-only dungeons, time attack and survival dungeons. Guild are about friendship but also competition, if the guilds could compete against each other trying to get the best score (aside from rewards/items from the dungeon) and having this score shown on one of Yulgar's walls (for example), this would add to the experience overall. The time attack dungeons would focus on taking the most time from the party instead of long runs and strong enemies (therefore leaving them with a bad score) and the survival dungeon would be similar to the Devil May Cry 3's Colliseum or Onimusha's Dark Realm (I hope i had got their names right for reference if needed), a 20 - 100 lvl run that gets harder as the party goes up/down the dungeon. This would requires cooperation and coordenation from the guild's party since if you die, you will be kicked from the dungeon. This would require changes in the party number and how this would appear on screen.

Areas: I have 3 suggestions for special areas based on items the player can get. The first one requires the Cobrelisk the Sand Scepter and would allow the player to access a special area in the dessert. The main idea here is to use the item that grants the player immunity against deadly fallen sand (and maybe not only fallen sand). The second one uses the Crimson Staff of the Abyss to unlock a second portal to a dark maze where the player could find Nulgath. The last one would require the Empowered Necrostaff Of Doom or Immortal NecroStaff of Doom to locate the resting place of the Necropolis (loved the Necropolis on Dragon Fable), the staff would trick the hero into undoing the seal and then awakening the necropolis undead army. The necropolis would be a nice survival dungeon.

Dead-End Areas: might not be the best way to name it but some areas on the game does not add to the immersion. I will use Cycero's shop (house) as a example, there is a quest there which does not take the player anywhere, does not unlock anything neither gives the player a reward for crafting or item/weapon. It would be nice if the NPCs (especially the ones in towns) had their own quest line which takes the player to explore the town or send the hero to help bring a new NPC to town, for example, Lim (Dragon Fable).

Potion Shop: this will be a very unpopular idea but here we go, I do believe that the player should complete a task that allows him/her to open the potion shop with the hotkey. Having the potion shop everywhere is really good but also kills the reason to have NPCs selling potions in different areas. We could take this quest from Warlic (for example).

That is all folks ^^, I hope I could make myself as clear as possible and best regards to everyone.
Post #: 171
6/11/2021 1:40:28   
Brian012

Hi, I don't see a place to really ask questions elsewhere on the AQ3D forums, so I hope it's alright if I ask here.

When Class levels 11-100 were released, I remember reading something about the longer you remain in ta single class, the faster that class will level up. I took that to mean that the exp would gradually increase or something. I mean obviously the more you use a class, the more exp it will get. But why mention it then in the news unless there was something special about it. Right now, I'm having trouble finding people who are going after Sting in The Valley of the Undying. And I know that Necromancer has a shot at soloing Sting. But, I'm putting my Guardian through HEAVY training. Have been for quite a while. I just got Guardian Class to level 83, and if there IS some sort of extra boon like an increased rate of exp for staying in one class for a long time, I'd hate to lose it by changing classes to Necromancer to try to tackle Sting.

So, my question is this. IF I change from Guardian to Necromancer, and back to Guardian, will my Class Exp amount that I earn afterwards with my guardian change at all?

I've been playing a Guardian for a solid couple of months now. I play semi-casually, but I'm aiming for Class level 100. Because I really like the way this class was done in AQ3D! Seriously, BEST version of the Guardian Class I've played, especially with the ability to build up to 15 Guardian Marks now! There, some feedback, so now this is a legit Feedback post. LOL

I like the other classes as well, though I'm NOT quite as sold on the Mage class since it's last changes as I was when I first started playing. Also, I haven't gotten Ranger or Healer classes yet, those are among the next listed on my to-do list after I get guardian to Class level 100! :D

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I've been AFK for about an hour in AQ3D and NOBODY has happened along to fight Sting. lol There are a couple of places where it's cool enough to stand and watch Sting without taking environment damage. ;)

Currently playing AQ3D! Lots of fun!
AQ DF  Post #: 172
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition