Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes April 14: Banshee by the Well

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes April 14: Banshee by the Well
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/14/2017 23:16:03   
solomi123

@Greyor
... I feel stupid

Saw 'dank' memes too much so now it is the first thing I thought of when seeing the word
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/14/2017 23:22:31   
Greyor_42

@solomi123 yeah, the internet tends to do that.....

tough, technically both definitions of "dank" could be applied to the potions. i just prefer to use the one i listed.
DF  Post #: 27
4/15/2017 1:15:07   
Rlogg

I think the note was written long ago and just some random guy must have found it and post it on the notice board.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
4/15/2017 1:42:50   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

It is certainly after the Rose appeared and got power but considering that there is no village and the body of the brother is skeleton it means that more then one year certainly passed.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/15/2017 1:43:28 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
4/15/2017 2:07:35   
Shiny_Underpants

So, was that our way of helping the girl? In that case I don't really see the difference between what the note specified, and what was hidden in the first four words of each line...

Whatever did happen there seems to be a pretty good buildup for something longer that's yet to come. Backstory, I guess.

I liked the structure. It was more interesting than the older DF quests of that type.
DF MQ  Post #: 30
4/15/2017 2:09:20   
Selevine

spoiler:

May you rest in peace, dear Layla

Post #: 31
4/15/2017 2:47:18   
dragon_monster

I am surprised that no one asks the hero to take souls back from death's realm. Well nobody asks him anymore.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
4/15/2017 5:40:54   
OpprobriousPinecones

Seems like it'd be a pretty tall order, and unreasonable, too. Death only released one soul when Ash played a game for his, and even then he seemed pretty angry until he mentioned that it was a necromancer.

Going into Death's realm to commune with the souls down there would work, but I don't think Death is going to be let anybody retrieve souls left and right.
Post #: 33
4/15/2017 6:03:08   
Phastore

Wait, did I miss something important, I thought it was Layla's sister who died at the well, Layla just left her ring probably while escaping...?
Layla's still alive right?
AQW  Post #: 34
4/15/2017 7:56:28   
Greyor_42

@phastore i mean, it's pretty clear they they had BOTH died. you know, since layla's sibling's skeleton was next to the last diary, and layla herself being the banshee the letter was about, and then fighting the hero by the ring.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/15/2017 18:12:50 >
DF  Post #: 35
4/15/2017 11:39:07   
whitetigress

Well that was... sobering. The music choice gave me the creeps and the Judgement Wheel music made me remember Tomix so good job on that. I really liked the vagueness of this quest, and how you guys left just enough to push us along a certain direction, it's also nice to see San Robin do a less light-hearted quest. :)

spoiler:

Also did it not say that Layla was the diary writer's little sister?
DF AQW  Post #: 36
4/15/2017 11:57:46   
SilverAngel

@whitetigress:

spoiler:

Layla is the diary writer's little sister as stated in the first diary entry we find. I think people are confused about the diary writer because we don't know their gender.
DF AQW  Post #: 37
4/15/2017 14:23:57   
LouisCyphere

This quest made me realized that the Hero has mellowed out through the years.
It's like this quest was a Tuesday for the Hero.

Also, it's a nice treat that we can explore the map. Hopefully we can have more things like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
4/15/2017 18:26:40   
Kashlikaro

Alright, theorizing time.

Theory A) The Village Is A Lie
spoiler:

There was no village! There were no villagers! The Banshee was tied to the ring, wanted to be free, and just made everything up so the Hero would get the idea of finding the ring and breaking the bond to the mortal plane for the Banshee! I mean, monster-infested wells and sewers generally seem to be the norm in Lore.

Theory B) Inept Rose, Frozen Hero
spoiler:

This actually happened a long time ago, while the Hero was still frozen. Considering there's no village in the area, it could have just been a small hamlet that had no protection whatsoever, easy to vanish after years of decay. Considering how bad Lore got with the Hero away, villages disappearing seems pretty likely, after being abandoned for so long. Also, the Rose is completely inept.

Theory C) It's New Villain Time, And The Hero Can't Be Everywhere...
spoiler:

This happened pretty quickly, maybe during the Calamity Arc close to Black Winter when the Hero was too busy worrying about Caitiff to go save every village s/he came across. During this time, a necromancer/vampire/vampire-necromancer shows up, and well, you played the Quest. After everyone was dead, he tried to hide the evidence, destroying the village entirely (Or the village vanished during the Black Winter after nobody was there to defend it...) and stuffing the remains in a well that the Rose, because they're STILL inept, wouldn't bother searching. Would also give the Hero another villain to crush since we rekt Caitiff.
DF  Post #: 39
4/15/2017 18:37:15   
Greyor_42

@kashlikaro theory b seems to be the most likely. or at least, c is the LEAST likely, mainly because the diary entries outright say that the'd been hiding in the well for months, and that the food supply was running out.
spoiler:

so whatever baddy there was couldn't have thrown their corpses down into the well, since they were already down there to begin with. besides, the skeletons were FAR too decomposed to have ben there for such a short period of time, AND there was absolutely no trace of a village ever even being there, so it had to have been destroyed a while ago
DF  Post #: 40
4/15/2017 19:21:28   
LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

I'll guess the hamlet disappeared during the time of the Rose occupying Swordhaven. Also any chances we'll send Dracelix's other paladins to build a outpost on that village spot?

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 4/15/2017 20:55:27 >
Post #: 41
4/16/2017 0:45:06   
VJ

I liked this one, just not the locks, lol.
Post #: 42
4/16/2017 1:02:14   
Strength

Yeah the locks took me a while too :P

Shadow Warrior is Best Warrior!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgabmote5Nwv0GJ4QWfYGfQ

http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=22405731

https://twitter.com/StrengthDf
DF  Post #: 43
4/16/2017 1:19:48   
VJ

the really hard lock annoyed me so I looked up the combination, lol.
Post #: 44
4/16/2017 3:33:46   
Shiny_Underpants

@Kashlikaro
spoiler:

I don't see why you say the Rose are inept. In most cases, their perceived ineptitude stems from their excessive interference in the affairs of others- which wouldn't have led to this outcome. More likely it'd be the Guardians' ineptitude that would lead to something like this occurring.
Provided they were actually present, the Rose would've shackled the Necromancer simply for being a magic user, before they were able to do anything.
The Guardians would've done nothing until things became obviously dangerous. A random creepy robed figure walking into a village... they let the Hero come and go before they knew who they were, do you really think they'd stop someone like that? *cough* mysterious stranger *cough*

In any case, it's reasonably likely that the events occurred in the past five years. The zombies were, well, zombies- they hadn't disintegrated into skeletons yet. As for Layla's sister... well, let's just say there are a few things that can be found in a sewer that could speed up that process.
DF MQ  Post #: 45
4/16/2017 4:01:22   
Vanilla Icecream

^
spoiler:

But if the attack happed while the Rose was in power, wouldn't have there been diary entries wishing the Rose would come and help them?
I find it strange that there was mention of the Rose on the post, but not in the diary pages...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've read that between 50 to 365 days after death (it depends on the environment), most corpses are left with only bones and teeth.
So I don't think the corpse's state will tell us much about the time of death.
DF  Post #: 46
4/16/2017 4:15:24   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

Why would he write this when its clear from the post message they could not do a thing. The diary person went to find his sister by himself/herself because nobody could help him/her from the Rose as they just eluded them. Also its clear from what I see that a vampire was responsible for the people dying and dissapearing. You know the vampiric gouls. He was probably a high level one like Frydae with the power of shapeshfting into rats or things like that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
4/16/2017 4:32:46   
Vanilla Icecream

^
spoiler:

The post mentioned the Rose unable to be of help with the Banshee, but there was no mention of the Rose failing to help the villagers.
The Rose was made to stop attacks like this. I see no reason why the Rose would not be of help.
Unless the attack was so secretive that the Rose could not find them, but I doubt it. A whole village deserted. It kinda demands to be noticed.

It could easily be:
1. the attack
2. fleeing to the well, but everyone dies.
3. time flows, the corpse decays, and the banshee haunts the well
4. someone asks the Rose to vanquish the banshee, but it hides
5. the person posted on the Swordhaven notice board

DF  Post #: 48
4/16/2017 4:37:24   
Greyor_42

@vanilla icecream

or, and just hear me out on this, everything aside from the "please save her hero" message was just there to throw everyone else off. then there's the fact that not only was there not a deserted village, there wasn't a VILLAGE AT ALL. this implies that it was well over a year ago if any trace of a village even BEING there no longer exists.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/16/2017 4:38:08 >
DF  Post #: 49
4/16/2017 4:43:48   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

quote:

The post mentioned the Rose unable to be of help with the Banshee, but there was no mention of the Rose failing to help the villagers.
The Rose was made to stop attacks like this. I see no reason why the Rose would not be of help.
Unless the attack was so secretive that the Rose could not find them, but I doubt it. A whole village deserted. It kinda demands to be noticed.

It could easily be:
1. the attack
2. fleeing to the well, but everyone dies.
3. time flows, the corpse decays, and the banshee haunts the well
4. someone asks the Rose to vanquish the banshee, but it hides
5. the person posted on the Swordhaven notice board

Hey it could have been the banshee the problem but the diary was even older then the banshee in a time when there was a village there. Also I think the banshee put the notice there so she can be freed and who is better to do that then what it seems to be the only person on Greenguard that has the title of hero of lore. But before she became a banshee there was a vampire that was the danger there.Maybe the Rose existed before the banshee became one.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes April 14: Banshee by the Well
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition