Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes April 14: Banshee by the Well

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes April 14: Banshee by the Well
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/16/2017 9:40:11   
dragon_monster

Their for the freaking Rose that is why their on the notice board and allowed. Do you think it was only for the hero?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/16/2017 9:41:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 76
4/16/2017 10:10:41   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster the weapons are enchanted with magic, are designed to deal more damage to humans, and the letter to get the atgasedd is vaguely directed towards the hero based on the end card for the quest and the fact that the letter is directed to a single person. so yes, they're meant for the hero. it's pretty apparent actually.

but again, that's besides the point. the POINT is that guards don't pay attention to what's posted on the notice board, no matter how goofy, illogical, or even insidious the messages are. thus, the message couldn't have been from layla, due to it not saying "please save ME, hero". stop trying to change the subject to distract from that.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/16/2017 10:11:24 >
DF  Post #: 77
4/16/2017 10:14:56   
Silver Sky Magician

Obviously the postman delivers the letters. Whatever doesn't have a stamp ends up on the notice board.
Epic  Post #: 78
4/16/2017 10:18:27   
Greyor_42

@silver sky magician that......actually makes alot more sense than any other theory we've had about who put the message up. though it doesn't answer who WROTE it(i still think it was the ghost of layla's sibling or something).
DF  Post #: 79
4/16/2017 10:20:09   
dragon_monster

Terrible post service its just late by a couple of years.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 80
4/16/2017 14:18:53   
FoundHorizon

spoiler:

I wonder how long Layla wandered down there alone, as a young girl and then a banshee- surrounded by the corpses and zombified husks of the ones she used to know.
Small wonder how she could become a hostile spirit: such fear, bitterness, and eventual insanity would have twisted a person into something beyond recognition. All it would have taken was a bit of cursed magic to seal her fate.
I hope she's at peace now, and can meet her sibling again in Death's realm.

Personally, I'm not sure how comfortable I, as the Hero, would be in taking Layla's ring after defeating her. It's possible that it was what anchored her existence as a banshee, and to nonchalantly wear an artifact of a girl's immense anguish seems disrespectful.

Post #: 81
4/16/2017 19:10:31   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF GD

Hey all! Please remember to use spoiler tags when discussing the release, especially since it's only been out for a couple days! I went through and added a bunch, but if I missed your post, please edit the tags in yourself!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 82
4/16/2017 20:06:23   
Rio3678

I think Artix once tried to do this quest. lol.

Master of Light and Darkness
Rio Skyron
with Bianca, my blade of Destiny
theme song
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
4/17/2017 16:39:02   
Luckyjazzt

spoiler:

Where do you think Layla's sister is? She left us the message, we helped Layla, but where did she go?
DF  Post #: 84
4/17/2017 16:43:42   
Greyor_42

@luckyjazzt

spoiler:

most likely the SIBLING(because we don't actually know the gender, nothing has told us) passed on along with layla. ghosts tend to linger due to unfinished business, and the last diary entry showed that their wish was that layla found safety, which could be interpreted as peacefully passing on, and being safe in death's realm. once that had been fulfilled, layla's sibling would no longer feel a need to stick around and would soon find rest themselves. so, while it's a bit of a sad ending, it's also somewhat happy-ish, as they could both find peace together in the afterlife
DF  Post #: 85
4/17/2017 16:47:05   
SilverAngel

@Luckyjazzt:
spoiler:

Given the fact the final diary page was next to a skeleton I'm willing to bet that's what's left of Layla's sibling. They mostly likely moved on to the afterlife or are haunting someplace else.
DF AQW  Post #: 86
4/17/2017 16:57:01   
GammaCavy

Do zombies decay into skeletons once they're reanimated? Or are any skeletons we fight simply animated bones, rather than decayed zombies?
DF  Post #: 87
4/17/2017 17:32:51   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy i don't think zombies decay, as their bodies are held together by necromantic magic.
DF  Post #: 88
4/18/2017 0:36:38   
GammaCavy

@Greyor That's what I thought. So we can't use the state of decay on the undead villagers as an indicator of the timing.
DF  Post #: 89
4/18/2017 13:26:01   
ShadowMoon

anyone know of a link to the music that starts playing as soon as the banshee appears
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
4/18/2017 17:53:25   
GammaCavy

@Shadow It's Eerieness, the theme from old Pellow Village in Ravenloss.

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 4/18/2017 17:56:32 >
DF  Post #: 91
4/18/2017 18:18:24   
ShadowMoon

@above thx, currently on a pc without sound so trying to find it was getting tedious.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes April 14: Banshee by the Well
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition