Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is the hero afraid of ice? Also, why can't IBR be canon?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Is the hero afraid of ice? Also, why can't IBR be canon?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2017 4:24:35   
Flabagast

^Have to agree with this; I'm pretty sure the comment the hero made after Aegis saved them in the Calamity quest was little more than mild comic relief. If it were a real phobia, the Hero probably would've shuddered every time their cryonic hibernation was mentioned. Heck, they even make a joke about it themselves:
quote:

<Character>: You've been missed Sek Duat.
Sek-Duat XV: Yes, it's so hard being me.
Sek-Duat XV: You certainly took your time before coming to visit.
<Character>: I had a cold.

Quality stuff, gottah say.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
4/20/2017 6:00:24   
Greyor_42

@flabagast it's possible that simply looking back on it isn't a problem, but actually EXPERIENCING it again causes issues.
DF  Post #: 27
4/20/2017 6:32:13   
dragon_monster

Pretty sure its true for example I am afraid of something but I have no problem recollecting about looking back at that something.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
4/20/2017 6:51:44   
Shiny_Underpants

IIRC, pyromancer is non-canon since there isn't anyone to teach you pyromancy.
Chaosweaver is non-canon because it involves weaving with Secundus's soulthreads, and Aegis wouldn't have been removed from the picture since they'd have to be a Fleshweaver for that, etc.

quote:

I'm pretty sure the comment the hero made after Aegis saved them in the Calamity quest was little more than mild comic relief.

Um, that wasn't comic relief for two reasons:
It wasn't humorous,
and it was clearly a PTSD symptom, or at the very least an elevated stress response.

I can only think of one scenario...
Bond: *finishes specifying his order*
Bartender: 'And how do you want yours?' *prepares to put ice in the drink*
Hero: 'NO ICE! No ice...no.'

I agree with some of the others on this thread; the Hero experiences traumatic symptoms in response to entrapment in ice. Otherwise, they're perfectly fine to make jokes about it.
DF MQ  Post #: 29
4/20/2017 8:55:39   
FriendOfAFriend

Yeah, the hero isn't scared of ice, nor are they scared of the cold, I believe. Pretty sure they're just scared of being locked IN ice. Which, to be fair, most people would :P

Go save someone whose lost in a Blizzard? Easy!

Dive in icy water to retrieve stolen treasure? Much scarier for our hero than it used to be, I bet.

EDIT: I always end up using 'he' when describing the Hero because mine is male. Need to get used to using 'They' etc :P

< Message edited by FriendOfAFriend -- 4/20/2017 8:56:22 >
Post #: 30
4/20/2017 9:08:19   
Shiny_Underpants

Technically, describing the Hero as 'he' is the only incorrect thing you could do; to describe an object that is neutral, you can use the feminine tense or the alternating tense (don't use alternating though, it's incomprehensible). In practice, while technically incorrect, the singular they really is the best.
I find it more natural to use 'she', but normal people usually don't pick up on what it actually means...

Also, I suspect a blizzard might be enough to give the Hero PTSD.
quote:

Go save someone whose lost in a Blizzard? Easy!

Hero: 'No, no! Mercy! Mercyyyy!'

Where's that gormless looking dog when you need her.
DF MQ  Post #: 31
4/20/2017 10:15:29   
Dark Lord Urmi

honestly since npcs will say non canon class names i pretend the one im using at the time is canon i mean besides dragonlord and soulweaver (and the eventual fleshweaver) classes don't change the story much and even when they do its very minimal except the bandit who used ALL of our classes together including non canon ones like doomknight XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
4/20/2017 10:22:47   
dragon_monster

For a combination of classes that makes you weaker he was still stronger then my level 80 hero in base class. What I learned is the base classes are weak.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
4/20/2017 11:43:41   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster well, considering the fact that the strength of a class isn't tied directly to it's tier, as proven by dimensional transphaser actually being pretty solid offensively, that is understandable.
DF  Post #: 34
4/20/2017 13:19:40   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

Technically, describing the Hero as 'he' is the only incorrect thing you could do; to describe an object that is neutral, you can use the feminine tense or the alternating tense (don't use alternating though, it's incomprehensible). In practice, while technically incorrect, the singular they really is the best.
I find it more natural to use 'she', but normal people usually don't pick up on what it actually means...

Eeeeyeah, pretty much. I expect better of myself D:

Also, I just want to have a quest where our Hero gets lost in some blizzard now. See how cruel it'd be >:D
Post #: 35
4/20/2017 13:24:46   
GammaCavy

dragon_monster, by base class, do you mean your default login, or the basic warrior/mage/rouge that is the first class anyone's ever had?
DF  Post #: 36
4/20/2017 13:33:35   
dragon_monster

Yep.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
4/20/2017 13:43:59   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy i'm pretty sure he means the tier 1 starting classes.
DF  Post #: 38
4/25/2017 0:12:29   
GammaCavy

That's what I thought. And yeah, they are pretty weak without the right gear. Even with good gear, they don't hit as hard as the other tiers. They're decent, but not epic.

sincerely, your friendly neighborhood warrior thespian dark lord and counter guardian Gamma Cavy.
DF  Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Is the hero afraid of ice? Also, why can't IBR be canon?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition