Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/18/2017 5:20:07   
dragon_monster

As shown in the last quest we seem to be the only people with the title Hero of Lore at least in Greenguard if not the entire northern part of the continent. But why? We do not do heroic things all over Lore just the northern part of Draconia and in the Icy continent whatever its names is. But its not like we are the only people who do this take Galanoth for example her does heroic things around the same area also and did not get the title.
What do you think you need to be a Hero of Lore that only ones exists for now at least on northen part of the continent?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/18/2017 5:38:46 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
4/18/2017 6:31:45   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

maybe becasue we've saved all of lore three times now?

1. SMUDD
2. Wargoth
3. Caitiff

all three of these were world ending threats that we neutralized. i'd say that we are very deserving of the title "Hero of Lore".

besides, galanoth doesn't really do "heroic" things. he's basically to dragons what artix is to undead. though he HAS actually been able to show restraint recently.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/18/2017 6:33:59 >
DF  Post #: 2
4/18/2017 7:31:04   
FriendOfAFriend

Because we've literally saved the world 3 times?

'Hero' is a title not everyone can have, it's not a phrase used lightly. 'Hero Of LORE' is even less so. Sorry, but Galanoth is nowhere near 'Hero of Lore' worthy.
Post #: 3
4/18/2017 8:21:01   
Silver Sky Magician

Most other heroic figures focus on specific regions. Our activities on the other hand regularly bring us across the entire continent. But a more appropriate title for us would actually be 'Ultimate Sidekick' because we often follow the lead of the region-specific hero, who knows the place and situation better than we do.
Epic  Post #: 4
4/18/2017 9:07:35   
dragon_monster

Not really just the northen part and the icy continent on the southern part.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
4/18/2017 11:45:57   
Rlogg

^Actually SMUDD did manage to spread darkness on the entire lore you know because he ate the friggin sun so yes he was threatening the entire lore, same with wargoth he was infernal warlord who destroyed planets and caitiff was doing the same thing the SMUDD so these were indeed threatening which we beat so we earned the title of the hero of lore.

< Message edited by Rlogg -- 4/18/2017 11:46:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
4/18/2017 12:17:39   
dragon_monster

I need a brainstorm from you all there was an quest where the hero first introduced himself as the hero of lore. This will help the discussion because it might have been before book 1.

Found it http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20441540&mpage=1&key=Hero+of+Lore�

quote:

Wargoth: Who invades the mind of Wargoth?
Wargoth: It's you... isn't it?
Wargoth: I will find you, you pathetic human, and burn away the rest of your flesh... the metal imbedded in your body will melt off your bones!
<Character>: Not if I can help it, Wargoth?
Wargoth: And who might you be?
<Character>: I am <Character>, a hero of Lore!
<Character>: I defeated the minions you sent after the Ateala, took down your General, Veyla, and I will stop you!
Wargoth: Hahahahaha, you think I sent those for the Ateala?

Found it the hero seem to have taken the title of hero of lore after book one before the ending of book 2. He also implies that there more heroes of lore but from what we see in this part of Lore he is the only one with the title which is sad because we where gone for 5 years and no one raised to take the title. Oh well but I hope at one point I can meet the other heroes of lore or some of them.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/18/2017 12:23:04 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
4/18/2017 14:05:24   
Pisaster

I mean, one meaning of hero of lore just means hero from lore, so it's not necessarily a very big claim.
Post #: 8
4/18/2017 17:39:33   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

<Character>: I am <Character>, a hero of Lore!

'I am John, a blacksmith of Lore!'

The hero literally just claimed that they were a hero of Lore. They never said they were THE ONLY hero of Lore. Anyone can claim they're a hero of lore if they want. If the people want to call us the hero of Lore, though, why stop them? You have this weird knack of wanting our Hero to be some failure, for whatever reason. First they're not strong, then we technically lost the war against Caitiff, then we were bad heroes and now we're not even worthy of the title 'hero of lore' :P

< Message edited by FriendOfAFriend -- 4/18/2017 17:41:27 >
Post #: 9
4/18/2017 17:54:58   
dragon_monster

I am full of knacks and also think like this if anyone can say their a hero of lore then how do we know when someone addresses our hero like in the last quest? Was it for any hero that read the notice?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/18/2017 17:55:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
4/18/2017 18:03:51   
FriendOfAFriend

Yeah, it could have been for any hero. I don't think they specifically required 'Wargoth Stopper and SMUDD Slayer' to kill a banshee :P
Post #: 11
4/18/2017 18:19:45   
dragon_monster

So that means the is the postman's fault for not putting the notice there faster.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
4/18/2017 18:23:56   
MarchingToApril

Seems to me that uncapitalized 'hero' is pretty much used interchangeably with 'adventurer' and is more of a general term for quest-takers and the like. When the Hero says they're a hero of Lore, uncapitalized, it feels like sorta like they're just giving a job title. Kinda like if I said something like "I'm March April, a marcher of April". So the general note would've likely been seen as addressed to any random quest-taker passing by.

Capital H 'Hero' of <location>, on the other hand, seems be somewhat official as a title, as is just capital H 'Hero' in general. I'd think that the 'Please Save Her, Hero' part may be addressed to the Hero specifically, hidden in a note addressed to heroes in general. Can't be too sure, given all the first letters are capitalized, but that would be my best guess.
Post #: 13
4/18/2017 18:38:51   
Kyros127

Actually I think most common title the player character is known by is the Hero of Falconreach. I'd say Hero of Lore is a bit extravagant considering the hero only mostly operates in the Land of Dragons.

Elryn (the NPC) also mentioned people have called the Hero other things as well for their deeds.

quote:

Great titles given. Red Dragon Slayer. Undead Breaker. Vanquisher of the Great Darkness.
Post #: 14
4/20/2017 7:03:37   
Shiny_Underpants

The Hero is the Hero of Falconreach, and the Hero of Ravenloss (which is basically Falconreach, but the aboveground denizens of Falconreach don't know that).
We haven't been to Azaveyr yet, but I have a strong suspicion (from Izbor's dialogue) that our role there will be... less than heroic.

The term 'heroes of Lore' is code for 'our playerbase'. It's usually thrown around in quests referring to wars.

quote:

~original: @MarchingToApril
"I'm March April, a marcher of April"

"'Tis Shiny Underpants, the polisher of finest undergarments."

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 4/20/2017 7:05:14 >
DF MQ  Post #: 15
4/20/2017 7:35:31   
dragon_monster

That actually I can agree with in game there are other heroes we had the opportunity to meet some of them in the fire orb saga mooglowen but there is only one hero of legendary status and that is the Hero which what our name is in the game from other people while there other heroes we are the Hero.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
4/20/2017 8:51:26   
FriendOfAFriend

Okay an a real though, of course we're a 'legendary hero' and I seriously am lost with as to why you think for whatever reason SMUDD, Wargoth, Caitiff etc would have just simply been defeated by anybody else and that they weren't actually going to be Lore-Ending threats.

'They only affected our area of Lore!' Yeah, they started there. And we stopped them before they expanded across all Lore. Our hero being a legendary one is almost indisputable at this point and the only reason our Hero doesn't call himself THE Hero of Lore is because they're humble.

Post #: 17
4/20/2017 8:54:24   
dragon_monster

Yes true he does not uses THE but I will not mind to be fair people with inflated ego are quite fun. Humble is terrible arrogant is better.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
4/20/2017 8:57:05   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

there are other heroes we had the opportunity to meet some of them in the fire orb saga mooglowen but there is only one hero of legendary status and that is the Hero

Well, this is the type of game that sets the player, matrix-style, as 'The One'. It's a plot point that they're the most influential force of good, if not the most powerful.
I don't really like 'The One'-ness in stories, but early on it was a kids game, so it couldn't be too complicated.

With Dragonfable's development, I see it as more of a hero with a thousand faces type of story, which is also less annoying... but the idea that one person could do everything the Hero does, while no-one else can even approach it does make you wonder...

Edited in quote, due to sneaky friendly ninjas.

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 4/20/2017 9:10:06 >
DF MQ  Post #: 19
4/20/2017 9:01:24   
FriendOfAFriend

Of course, that's all a matter of opinion. XD

Anyways though, yeah, the vast majority of people probably view our Hero as THE Hero of Lore because quite honestly we're pretty damn badass. We make mistakes, we don't win easy, and quite honestly we're not even the strongest person alive when people like Warlic are floating about, but our mix of willingness to do whatever it takes to help someone out, our undying will to keep on going even in the toughest situations (i.e Caitiff Saga: I know our Hero was 'tired' by the end, but genuinely it takes an insane amount of will to have not snapped during the entire thing), our knack at managing to overcome the greatest of odds...we have a lot of traits a lot of other people just don't have. And those who DO have those haven't stopped Lore ending threats, so yeah, I'm pretty sure our Hero is more than worthy of being called 'THE Hero of Lore' if they ever felt like calling themselves that.

And at any rate, having a dragon of prophecy attached to us helps our case.

quote:

but the idea that one person could do everything the Hero does, while no-one else can even approach it does make you wonder...

I could probably list 4 people right now who have the skillset to do what the Hero can do. The problem is, nobody has said skillset AND personality for it both at this time. We may not be the strongest person on Lore, but we're pretty much the world's best jack-of-all-trades!

< Message edited by FriendOfAFriend -- 4/20/2017 9:02:57 >
Post #: 20
4/20/2017 9:21:02   
Shiny_Underpants

^Well, part of it is the Hero's beginning. This is part of what makes it unbelievable.
Warlic is one half infernal royalty, and also a dev's NPC.
Ashendal is an interdimensional planewalker who utilises a type of magic you have to be born with, and also... a dev's NPC
Roirr is constrained by a timeloop, and even disregarding this, he was raised by Secundus. The nature instilled in him (including the absence of philosophy or ethics) is part of what makes the Hero more skilled.
Vaal actually was an extremely famous hero, but only in the underworld of Ravenloss. He's basically been usurped by the Hero there.

This is ignoring the Mootopolis deities, who combined probably match the power level of the numerically superior Pactagonal Knights.
DF MQ  Post #: 21
4/20/2017 11:02:21   
MarchingToApril

You know, thinking of all the places the Hero's gone and saved over the course of all their questing, I'm starting to wonder if people didn't just start calling them the Hero because Hero of Falconreach, <other location>, <other, other location>, <other, other, other location>...<other*n location> was getting really old, really fast, and people kept getting tongue-tied. Like, if I'd gone from "March April, a marcher of April 1, April 2, April 3..." to "March April, the marcher of April." It's both more convenient and the definite article is definitely better at articulating the general meaning of it.

Post #: 22
4/20/2017 11:33:53   
dragon_monster

Yeah but would that not confuse us with other heroes who saved some are from something? Not like I know others that did that but probably others know. Will they not confuse the heroes?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
4/20/2017 11:41:50   
Shiny_Underpants

^@MarchingToApril
So, in short, the Hero expanded their domain at such a rate that people began to associate them with the maximal domain of the set.

quote:

<other*n location>

Hmm, maybe if Caitiff had tried factorising the Hero's location data into each individual location, it could've identified the true rate of expansion, formed equations for it, and wouldn't have lost to the Hero.
But the Hero also visits some places that certainly don't entirely exist in the DF reality. And the April Fool's day quests are entirely imaginary.
Does that mean the Hero's maximal domain includes the imaginary domain as well? Caitiff would've found that some of the factors are complex then... maybe restricting the domain was its vital mistake.

Well, we know what makes them the Hero of Lore then. Omnipresence, at least to anyone incapable of performing advanced calculus.

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 4/20/2017 11:42:14 >
DF MQ  Post #: 24
4/20/2017 11:46:48   
SilverAngel

I agree with Marching; since we've helped so many people across Lore it would make sense to be referenced to as the Hero of Lore or just the Hero for short.
DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition