Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2017 17:53:20   
dragon_monster

quote:

....we were only frozen for five years. ash was already MORE THAN five years younger than us when we were first frozen. how does he age more than 5 years in only 5 years? also, you keep saying he's only been working to protect falconreach all this time, but how do you know this? what proof do you have?

Simple if he took our place there will be no Rose because he will have filled that void and second they hurt innocents so of course THE Hero of Lore would stop them.Second word of staff when I was specifically told that Ash does not need to take our place because he did not promise to do that and its enough Falconreach is defended by him.

Why would you think he was more 5 years younger how the hell you think we went 20 years in the past and looked like at 10 year old at most considering it was book 3 and we had 5 years frozen.I mean come on even if we where 5 years frozen time still went on so we where still the age we should have been even with those 5 years frozen? Lets say with the 5 years we are 30 we take 20 and we are 10 5 we where frozen so biologically we are 25 so Ash was 17 at the end of book 2 he was certanly more we took our time in our book but I will humor you. So he is 3 years younger that is not really what I would consider younger then us 3 years is no difference. You could argue that he has 3 years lack of experience but do not forget how young he started.

@above exactly what I am arguing for more heroes. Also the problem is s the hero will improve his skill also so what is the point if he is the same age as us minus probably 3 years which is not really there is no need for him anymore we are still here you think he can outshine us please he could not do it with the hero in 5 years frozen unable to improve at all. Do you think he can do it now when we can also improve?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/20/2017 18:02:12 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
4/20/2017 18:05:24   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

Also not ready still means not wanting with a time table.

You are 100% incorrect.

I want to be a mechanic, but I'm not ready right now. By your definition, the fact that I'm not ready at this exact moment to be a mechanic means that I don't want to be a mechanic.

quote:

he can outshine us please he could not do it with the hero in 5 years frozen unable to improve at all. Do you think he can do it now when we can also improve?

You asked for someone who could replace us, as in when we're retired or dead. Ash has the best skillset/time available to be the hero who replaces us when we're out of action.

For now though, no, nobody 'replaces' the Hero because we have a legendary Dragon, empowered by all 8 orbs, and we are naturally good at almost everything a Hero needs to be. You can't seriously think someone replaces the Hero while we're still in action, do you? Because that's delusion.

< Message edited by FriendOfAFriend -- 4/20/2017 18:07:57 >
Post #: 52
4/20/2017 18:09:18   
dragon_monster

Yes exactly that. You do not want to be a mechanic because you do not have the skills and I will when I have. Let me ask you do you want to be a mechanic if you are not ready?
@above Yes what is the point of retiring if the best you have is weaker then you at the point of retiring. That is not a good idea especially if he is as old as you with probably minus 3 years.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/20/2017 18:11:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
4/20/2017 18:12:47   
MarchingToApril

Mmm, m'reasonably sure the reason why Ash didn't take up the title of the Hero of Falconreach while the Hero was out was because, well...

It's likely not considered polite to take the title of someone still alive. Even if the Hero was frozen at the time, I'd think that most people would hold onto hope that they'd eventually get freed. Five years is a long time but, in all honesty, it's not as bad as it could be. If it were ten, fifteen years, I'm sure some would probably give up on the idea but certainly not Ash, who's both a friend and an ally. Taking the title before that would probably feel like giving up on the hope of the Hero returning. Besides, Ash is already Archknight, Knight Lite and probably has a decent bunch of his own titles under his belt. I see no reason for him to have taken up the title of the Hero of Falconreach at that point in time.

In all honesty, it really was unlikely for Ash to have fully taken up the mantle of the Hero of Falconreach during the Hero's absence. For one thing, the circumstances between the two are completely different. The Hero became the Hero during a time when the place wasn't in elemental disarray, things were somewhat peaceful (by Lorean standards), they weren't replacing anyone (and so, weren't facing the stress of having to live up to expectations if they were), and they'd already ostensibly been adventuring as adults for a fair while now. If Ash had tried to take the title during the absence, it would be with a Lore under elemental disarray, good chunks of the kingdom burnt to ashes from the last few wars, a good friend stuck in a giant block of ice, and with the Rose on the rise.

If Ash had tried it, he might've been able to manage but, by the time the Hero is freed, he'd be needing more therapists than the Hero after all the stress he'd gone through. Given how bad the situation was, I'd say he'd done pretty well, all things considered.

< Message edited by MarchingToApril -- 4/20/2017 18:14:40 >
Post #: 54
4/20/2017 18:13:05   
FriendOfAFriend

@Dragon: It's called working for it. Ash isn't going to become the Hero of Lore until we're out of action, so until then he gets to train until he's ready enough to somewhat fill the void we leave.

You can not seriously think I don't want something if I'm not ready for it. Have you honestly never heard of 'training' or 'improving skills'? Do you think nobody in the world actually learns things or something?

quote:

Yes what is the point of retiring if the best you have is weaker then you at the point of retiring. That is not a good idea especially if he is as old as you with probably minus 3 years.

We don't even HAVE to retire yet! We're still young. Why do you always want our Hero to lose? Our Hero isn't going to be retiring any time soon because they're still in top shape. We have literally no reason to retire at all. As long as our Hero is still alive and capable, we will never be replaced. It's only when we're out of fighting, which may be another 30-40 years. And by that time I'm sure SOMEONE will be able to safely take our place.

< Message edited by FriendOfAFriend -- 4/20/2017 18:16:07 >
Post #: 55
4/20/2017 18:22:11   
dragon_monster

Yeah but you still do not want to until you are ready. The same with Ash he does not want until he is ready but he still does not want to.

Yes the hero is still young and when he will be old guess who also will be old Ash so he does not matter anymore. Do you get it?

quote:

In all honesty, it really was unlikely for Ash to have fully taken up the mantle of the Hero of Falconreach during the Hero's absence. For one thing, the circumstances between the two are completely different. The Hero became the Hero during a time when the place wasn't in elemental disarray, things were somewhat peaceful (by Lorean standards), they weren't replacing anyone (and so, weren't facing the stress of having to live up to expectations if they were), and they'd already ostensibly been adventuring as adults for a fair while now. If Ash had tried to take the title during the absence, it would be with a Lore under elemental disarray, good chunks of the kingdom burnt to ashes from the last few wars, a good friend stuck in a giant block of ice, and with the Rose on the rise.

That puts him a worse light I mean because the world needs THE Hero he should not take it? The hero was once so badly inured that he was one step from death with gruesome injuries before he got his dragon and his friends in danger and city where destroyed hundreds of thousands dead and then he got the title he has now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
4/20/2017 18:23:17   
SilverAngel

You just said we need more heroes then go around and say there is no need for Ash to be a Hero. And outshine us? This isn't a competition to see who the better Hero is; I will fully welcome Ash surpassing us in power because that means there's another strong person out there fighting evil and anyone stronger than us is no push over.

Going off what Friend said, you can't just want something and suddenly have the skills to do it, you have to learn them. Not having the skills does not always means you don't want to be something, especially with skills you are currently learning.
DF AQW  Post #: 57
4/20/2017 18:29:41   
dragon_monster

We are to fill the void of the hero or to take his place not there could be more but Ash is not one of them because he is as old as he hero.
I will tell you again would you want to be a hero if you do not have skill if I asked you to be a hero in that moment? What is so hard to understand he does not want to until he has the skills.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/20/2017 18:31:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
4/20/2017 18:30:56   
MarchingToApril

@dragon_monster: However, unlike the Hero, Ash did not have the luxury of time. There'd been enough time between the wars and sagas of Book 1 for the Hero to have trained and gotten stronger in time for the next world-ending event and, even then, it wasn't exactly an instantaneous process, the Hero didn't just close their eyes, wish really hard, then skip 80 levels and get DoomKnight armor and top-level gear or anything. The Hero had the luxury of time to train in preparation for the next big threat. If Ash had taken up the title at the time, he'd have done as the world he'd gotten used to was already crashing down. There was honestly no real way for him to have managed in a way that would've resulted in Falconreach still the way it was when we left it, no Rose, and no elemental disarray.
Post #: 59
4/20/2017 18:32:32   
dragon_monster

What do you think Ash did when the hero did all that? He also trained and became stronger. Its not like he started training after we where frozen.He was our apprentice after all. Do you think we where prepared for Xan?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/20/2017 18:35:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
4/20/2017 18:36:14   
MarchingToApril

@^: But not to the same extent as the Hero. The worst he'd had to face in the ArchKnight saga was a necromancer. By that point in time, the Hero had been strong enough to defeat that same necromancer as a lich as well as three other undead necromancers all at the same time. He might've been a decent hero in his own right but there was no way he was ready to fill in the shoes of the Hero right then and there.

And yes. The Hero did think they were ready and, fair enough, Xan does admit the Hero could've been a challenging fight if he wasn't wielding the Pyronomicon at the time. Save for head trauma and possible brain damage, there's no way Ash could've thought the same thing given how much higher the stakes are.

< Message edited by MarchingToApril -- 4/20/2017 18:38:41 >
Post #: 61
4/20/2017 18:40:23   
dragon_monster

We where not either even worse then him but we still got that position. Being a hero during Wrath Of Xan was quite terrible to be one but we got our title then and almost died.
We started way worst against even worse opponents. When we where frozen what terrible thing there was elementals being crazy big deal do not forget he fought with the hero for some time why would that be and issue?Pretty sure he was strong enough to fight elementals.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/20/2017 18:43:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
4/20/2017 18:49:49   
MarchingToApril

@^: Not really. We were in a much better position at the time, all things considered. When we'd fought Xan, all that had been at stake was just Falconreach. With the elemental disarray, apparently most of the planet was at stake. He's strong enough to fight some elementals, certainly, but not to the extent of the disarray, with all the elements going crazy. When the Hero took the title of the Hero of Falconreach, the title really did just stand for Falconreach. By the time the Hero was frozen, the title stood for being the Hero to most of the continent. He honestly didn't have what it took to take it, not at that point in time.
Post #: 63
4/20/2017 18:52:32   
SilverAngel

There has be no mention of there can only be one Hero, nothing at all. Unless there's another prophecy out there saying that Lore can only have one Hero there is nothing stopping other people from becoming heroes.

You keep bring age into this, what does age have to do with anything? Age doesn't really matter when it comes to being a hero unless it's like an 80 year old, no 80 year old should be going around fighting monsters.

No, I would not want to be a hero because I'm not training to be one. You wouldn't ask a random villager who never held a sword before to go fight off monsters, you'd ask someone more experienced.
DF AQW  Post #: 64
4/20/2017 19:07:48   
dragon_monster

When we where frozen we already neutralized the danger for then planet and I will be honest even the hero ignonred that problem with the elements mostly. After all what are crazy elements compared to a world destroyer. Also nobody can ask him and its impossible even for the hero to calm the elements alone. That is a war thing and the hero never fights a war alone and neither will Ash. Ash just had to and probably did made his part in the war and go from there.

In Xan we where not alone either but we remained as the only line of defense. Also what is the big deal what does it take most of the kingdom was still intact including Falconreach and he had considerable help at that point. It not that dire as the hero was and he was not mentored by another hero and got experience in a ton of wars like Ash has.
Just because the hero got his mantle against that destroyed about 1/3 of Greenguard and threthen more and Ash had to deal with something that threaten all the continent but not at the same level of destruction he was in a more difficult situation?

He was not and he is not afraid in going against great challenges he did it in his saga after all.

@above Yeah so why would another 80 year or 77 year old be a good replacement for us? He does not matter anymore. At least if he was better then us then he would have been a stronger 80 year old. THat is why Ash does not matter anymore. We need younger blood.
Nothing stops other from being a hero but none got at our caliber literaly and organization that enslaves people Rose in that time and the cultists. That is the issue none of them reaches our caliber and it seems not even a bigger number of them.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/20/2017 19:14:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
4/20/2017 19:18:55   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

Yeah so why would another 80 year or 77 year old be a good replacement for us?

Two things:

1: Who says our Hero doesn't die before then? Ash slots in the best if we die before we hit 77-80.

2: Nobody in this generation or Falywnn's can fill our void because if we hit 80, Fal or any other hero we find in the Six Heroes saga will be young enough because they'd be 64 and that's still way too old to be 'THE HERO OF LORE'.

You're literally looking for someone who is around 5-6 years old right now and training them from now until we die if we want them to 'replace' us/be younger blood.

< Message edited by FriendOfAFriend -- 4/20/2017 19:19:25 >
Post #: 66
4/20/2017 19:37:48   
dragon_monster

Why would a 64 years old in a world where people live longer because of magic will be too old?
Also if we die now for example Ash is still not an option to fill the void left because he was not an option before and none currently is because they did not filled the void before either. Now Falywnn can fill it with enough time she is 16 and she is quite capable according to the announcer from the tournament saga and with the other heroes who some might be immortal(fingers crossed) all is well.

We are THE Hero of Lore after all its clear we are needed.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
4/20/2017 19:44:22   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

Lets say with the 5 years we are 30 we take 20 and we are 10 5 we where frozen so biologically we are 25 so Ash was 17 at the end of book 2

1. what proof do you have that ash was 17 at the end of book 2?
2. even if he WAS 17 at the end of book 2, that would put him at 22 at the beginning of book 3.
3. you said we're biologically 25 right now. which means that ash is STILL younger than us by 3 years.
4. if we REALLY ARE biologically 25, then that means we were 25 when we were frozen at the end of book 2, which is 8 years older than ash was at the end of book 2 by your estimation.

by your own math, you LITERALLY just admitted that i was correct, and that ash was more than 5 years younger than us before we were frozen. also, ash wasn't our apprentice. ever. sure, we HELPED him during his own storyline, but that doesn't make him our apprentice. before falwynn, our only apprentice was sir ano.

also, when it comes to wanting to be something, it has NOTHING to do with skill. are you telling me that a 7 year old who dreams to become a doctor doesn't really want to be a doctor because they can't properly measure exact prescriptions or perform intense surgeries if necessary? because if you ARE trying to say that, you're DEAD wrong. that 7 year old wants to be a doctor with ALL his heart. they just don't have the required skillset YET.

also, how is falwynn MORE capable than ash? in fact, by your own logic, she's just as incapable as you think ash is, because SHE didn't "fill the void" while we were frozen either. and "fill the void" doesn't necessarily mean "perfect replacement". and just because someone didn't "fill the void" earlier doesn't mean they can't NOW.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/20/2017 19:47:08 >
DF  Post #: 68
4/20/2017 19:51:01   
MarchingToApril

@dragon_monster: No, the Hero did not. The Hero had focused so much on the Atreans, they hadn't been able to deal with (or even really know about) the disarray until the Disarray quest and by then, it was too late and they'd only really saved maybe dozen from the disarray itself before getting encased in the ice. And, unlike the World Destroyer, the crazy elements stuck around for much, much longer and had a lot of ramifications on basically everything and, on top of that, was much more complicated than just a war thing. It wasn't a thing were they had to beat up X number of waves to reach a magic crystal that'll magically turn everything normal, it was the environment itself reeling from said World Destroyer, Wargoth, and a bunch of other things. The winds were going nuts, volcanos were going crazy, fire was out of control and, on top of that, there was the Rose going around. It was not a situation were you could expect a young, underleveled-by-comparison hero to take up the title of the Hero and expect him to do any better than flounder. T'was probably for the best that he took up his own mantle and became the hero he knew he could be, instead of trying to take up the title of someone who was not only still alive, but was also kind of, at the moment, well out of his league.

And sure, most of the kingdom was intact. Problem was, the disarray was still going on. Falconreach might've been destroyed but Xan had left and so, people really were free to rebuild. Since it was only Falconreach that had been destroyed, people were free to focus all their resources on this one destroyed place that was no longer under siege. Contrast a kingdom (continent or even planet, even) that was steadily battered back by disarray from all over, resources spread thin as allies from all over do their best to minimize damage. Ash might've done great stuff in the Archknight saga but a line of quests that ended with beating one necromancer isn't exactly enough to prepare you for having to deal with your planet going out of balance.

Honestly, I'm not sure any one person alone was capable of filling the void the Hero left, especially not at such a chaotic time, given all the duties they did for everyone (even they couldn't handle everything perfectly, honestly). Expecting Ash to just step in and take it is almost laughably unreasonable.
Post #: 69
4/20/2017 20:11:24   
dragon_monster

quote:

4. if we REALLY ARE biologically 25, then that means we were 25 when we were frozen at the end of book 2, which is 8 years older than ash was at the end of book 2 by your estimation.

Yes and then we where frozen and Ash was not he gold older while for us time stopped for 5 years so that is how we got to 3 years. Now he is not older then us to be significant and he lost his significance because of that. Better he becomes immortal if he wants to be significant again.

By the way book 1-2 lasted for 7 years and being generous lets say he started at 10 years old at then end it was 17 years old.

quote:

also, when it comes to wanting to be something, it has NOTHING to do with skill. are you telling me that a 7 year old who dreams to become a doctor doesn't really want to be a doctor because they can't properly measure exact prescriptions or perform intense surgeries if necessary? because if you ARE trying to say that, you're DEAD wrong. that 7 year old wants to be a doctor with ALL his heart. they just don't have the required skillset YET.

So they do not want yet.

quote:

also, how is falwynn MORE capable than ash? in fact, by your own logic, she's just as incapable as you think ash is, because SHE didn't "fill the void" while we were frozen either. and "fill the void" doesn't necessarily mean "perfect replacement". and just because someone didn't "fill the void" earlier doesn't mean they can't NOW.

Also I never said Falwin is more capable quote if I said that. I implied she has potential. So did Ash but he wasted it.
@MarchingToApril It was also laughably unreasonable for the hero to be tasked to stop Xan someone who killed half a million people. But he tried did he not and this was before we had our dragon or any other class besides thee base class. Sorry if I do not agree with the circumstances Ash being worse. You know since the kingdom was intact they could focus on containing the damage so its better. By the way we also floundered we where unprepared, unskilled underpowered but the hero still rose to a worse situation.Now he wanted to and skill and preparation did not mattered here why could he want when he was not prepared in any way?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/20/2017 20:13:47 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
4/20/2017 20:19:05   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

So they do not want yet.

No, they want it at 7. They WANT to be a doctor. You don't use the word 'want' yet. They CAN'T be a doctor at 7, but they want to become a doctor.

Regardless, the context of Ash wanting to be Hero of Lore. Ash WANTS to be Hero of Lore, so he will TRAIN to become that. Therefore, he WANTS to be Hero of Lore. Big difference between current capability and the inherent desire of wanting something for oneself.
Post #: 71
4/20/2017 20:24:12   
dragon_monster

I am talking about want no matter the capability to do the task like the hero in the Wrath Of Xan not I want to do it at some point. Well you missed your chance, for 5 years you had the option now stay there and die there you wasted potential.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
4/20/2017 20:28:14   
FriendOfAFriend

Then there is no single person in Lore who can fill the void we leave when we die. Not a single one.

We can train Falywnn and hope for the best, but she doesn't have that 8 Orb boost nor the Dragon of Legend following her.
Post #: 73
4/20/2017 20:31:55   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

we've been over this already. book 1 is more or less confirmed to have been 3-4 years, with book 2 being maybe 1 year at the most. so, if ash was 10 at the beginning of book 1, then by the end of book 2, he was 14-15. and how does him not being older than us make him not significant? that makes NO sense.

quote:

So they do not want yet.

wrong. like i said, wanting to be something has NOTHING to do with skill. that's not even up to debate. they DO want to be a doctor, and there is literally NOTHING you can say that can take that away from them. wanting to do something and being able to do it are two COMPLETELY different things, and anybody who thinks otherwise is completely 100%, irrefutably WRONG.

quote:

You know since the kingdom was intact they could focus on containing the damage so its better

yeah, good luck containing hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, and literally every other possible natural disaster in existence.
DF  Post #: 74
4/20/2017 20:34:25   
dragon_monster

We can always give her the bacon orb and the shard of the ultimate orb and find her a dragon and an amulet. We can also add the other 7 or 8 heroes to the replacing void idea and we get enough to fill the void.
Even us do not have 8 orbs we have 6 orbs and a shard of the ultimate orb.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition