Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?
Page 5 of 5<12345
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2017 1:13:04   
FriendOfAFriend

Our Hero has had to deal with Seppy, with SMUDD, with Kathool, with Wargoth...

Of course our will/mental abilities are going to be insanely high. It's as simple as us dealing with threats that would make any normal person snap to the point where a weaker version of Kathool's mind control wouldn't affect us much.
Post #: 101
4/21/2017 23:26:15   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @dragon_monster
So they do not want yet.

quote:

~original: @Greyor_42
wanting to do something and being able to do it are two COMPLETELY different things, and anybody who thinks otherwise is completely 100%, irrefutably WRONG.

I just wanted to clarify something. I read your posts, and the tenses seemed different.
@dragon_monster appeared to be using the present tense; i.e. a 7 year old does not want to start practising as a doctor as a 7 year old.
Whereas most people assumed the future tense; i.e. a 7 year old wants to practise as a doctor in the future.
(I'm using the British form of 'practice', i.e. practise is a verb).
Technically speaking, neither is incorrect, but dragon_monster's usage is unusual.

When it comes to Ash, I'm just thankful that he can hold the sword the right way around. With the Hero's role, Ash has already failed to replace the Hero. If he was a suitable replacement, the Hero being trapped in ice would've been no big deal.
Falwynn is naturally a considerably better fighter.

The Hero only started heroing at the beginning of book 1, where they were about 25. Physical peak occurs between 25 and 27...
In the Archknight saga, Ash was 14 or 15, while Aria would've been about 12. Meaning Ash is 19 or 20 in book 3, while the Hero is around 27 (holidays don't count as part of the story timeline) .

The orbs function by perfectly attuning the holder to their respective elemental planes. You can only be perfectly attuned to something once, so any benefit from collecting the other seven bacon orbs would only be in attuning to the Ultimate bacon orb.

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 4/21/2017 23:27:33 >
DF MQ  Post #: 102
4/22/2017 2:28:07   
megakyle777

quote:

Advertisement found in the Local Lore Paper (maybe):

Do YOU want the job of "Hero Of Lore?" Then you need 4 things!

1: You need to be capable and stay capable in the face of world ending threats! When the terrors of night flood the world and bring despair, you need to stand strong and fight back!

2: Are you kind, compassionate, and willing to help others? A Hero Of Lore needs to show these qualites, to help the helpess!

3: Sometimes... being a hero is tough. You may lose people you care about, fail to save others, or have to do the hard thing. Can you do that and bear with it? No, seriously, can you do that? You may think you can but it's harder then you think.

And finally 4: Will you do your absolute best to fight all evil and battle on?

If yes to ALL these questions, you may have what it takes to be a Hero Of Lore! Just show up at DragonLord Hall and say to the owner "I got what it takes!"

(Warning: Hero is not responsible for loss of life, limb or loved ones involved with this job. You will require your own equipment. Dragon optional. Must not be afraid of fire, dark, ice, or pink.)

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/22/2017 2:33:28 >
DF  Post #: 103
4/22/2017 3:13:14   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

The Hero only started heroing at the beginning of book 1, where they were about 25.

This has been stated? I thought we were around 20, 21 max.
Post #: 104
4/22/2017 3:46:25   
Shiny_Underpants

I remember reading the age '27' on the wiki ages ago, probably based of since lost staff's word.

Er, considering the timecake in the Yulgar's First Date quest, it reversed time by 20 years. That actually includes the time the Hero spent frozen, meaning it reversed the Hero's physical age by 15 years. They were about 10 then.
So the Hero would've actually been a maximum of 25 in book 1, at the end. This tallies with Aria being 17, and Ash being 19.

There were a couple of things in early quests that implied the Hero was 27ish, but those are lost in the depths of my memory... I vaguely recall something about vampires...
DF MQ  Post #: 105
4/22/2017 4:53:03   
dragon_monster

quote:

In the Archknight saga, Ash was 14 or 15, while Aria would've been about 12. Meaning Ash is 19 or 20 in book 3, while the Hero is around 27 (holidays don't count as part of the story timeline) .

Probably at the begining of book 3 yes now holidays they do count you since Varlith saga for exameple was a part of Moogloween and we met Symone.

quote:

The Hero only started heroing at the beginning of book 1, where they were about 25.

The hero was 19 or so at the begining of book 1 even if holidays are separate from the story lines well sometimes with a couple of exceptions until the end of Book 2 we finished them all 6 forstvales, mogloweens and hero heart days. As stated in the last mogloween these holidays happen every year. So if we are 19 with 6 we are 25 but even if at the begining of book 3 we are 26 or even 27 would you know the difference between a 10 year old, 11 year old and 12 year old only by physical appearance?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 106
4/22/2017 5:27:34   
Shiny_Underpants

The holiday events that tie in with storyline quests are deemed exceptions. Canonically, you could assume that they were all events from whichever year the story is set.
But Word of Current God (Dove, albeit when he was still Tomix) tells us that they aren't canon, since that would contradict in-game content- and are also pretty messy as questlines, since so many different people have worked on them.

In a nutshell, holidays happen in a timeslip.

The Hero was not nineteen at the beginning of the game. Book One didn't take six years. At most, it was just over three years. Also, how would a nineteen year old have such a developed sense of cliché detection?
Exactly. There's no way to refute that.

I suspect the Hero's age is to some degree left to the player's headcanon, but it should be around twenty-five. If we were nineteen years old at the beginning of the game, Aria would've been about five- while one of the earliest quests was 'rescuing' her from the crittercave, by which point she was already visually older than the Hero was after eating the timecake.

The Hero also retains essentially the same basic appearance, as well. This only occurs past the ages of about 23-25.
DF MQ  Post #: 107
4/22/2017 5:29:12   
dragon_monster

When did Tomix said their not canon?
Sorry but you if I show you a picture of a 19 year old with a 25 year old you will not be able to tell me which one is which.
By the way Aria in the criteer cave was smaller then us with the time cake.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 6:25:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 108
4/22/2017 5:45:36   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

well, since the body is always changing to some degree, yes. yes you can. though there ARE some people who look older/younger than they actually are.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/22/2017 5:46:15 >
DF  Post #: 109
4/22/2017 5:49:39   
dragon_monster

So basically no. Because those some people are actually most of us.The hero since he is psychically fit might look younger then his age of course. Also people on Lore live longer so that might mean slower aging.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 5:54:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 110
4/22/2017 6:02:53   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

Because those some people are actually most of us

....except they aren't......

besides, you're basing their age on APPEARANCE. shiny is using a far better way of determining the hero's age. their DISPOSITION.
DF  Post #: 111
4/22/2017 6:09:44   
dragon_monster

What its clear we are older we have less patience we are way more mad. So can you say we where the same as in book 1 and book 2 as we are now?

quote:

Doug Digg: So...you're probably wonderin' how I have a daughter, and why she's not a dwarf!
<Character>: To put it bluntly... Yes. Very much yes.
Doug Digg: Well, it all started about sixteen years ago...

*Flashes white for about a second before it disappears to depict a flashback of Doug Digg's past where he is seen wearing protective gear fit for mining.*

Lyra: My husband was the foreman of an ambitious project at the time.
Lyra: He was in charge of widening a tunnel between the Dwarven Kingdoms and the surface.
Lyra: Had it been successful, it would've opened up a new world of commerce...literally!
<Character>: Had?
Doug Digg: Well, ya see, that's when the first...incidents started happening.
Doug Digg: With the elements.
Lyra: Soon it was deemed too dangerous to continue the project.
Doug Digg: And after that...well, you know the rest.
Doug Digg: But anyway!
Doug Digg: I was busy discussin' the schematics of the tunnel one day, when I heard a cryin' sound comin' from the forest nearby.
Doug Digg: And wouldn't ya know it! Someone had left a baby alone in the bushes!

16 years we have 11 frostval's with the 5 years frozen we have 16 years.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 6:31:09 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 112
4/22/2017 6:33:22   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

What its clear we are older we have less patience we are way more mad

incorrect on the patience bit. and the only thing we are mad at is OURSELVES for all of our failures.

quote:

So can you say we where the same as in book 1 and book 2 as we are now?

and no, we aren't the same. we've MATURED. we've developed a deeper understanding of the world, and come to love even MORE things about it. and we actually THINK about things that are done and the consequences behind them. in other words, we've become WISER, and more understanding of other people's issues.

quote:

16 years we have 11 frostval's with the 5 years frozen we have 16 years

yes. 16 years ago that they found falwynn. and that's ALL that that story gives us. it gives us NO information on how long after that we met and fought xan, thus making that evidence invalid. we've been OVER this.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/22/2017 6:35:00 >
DF  Post #: 113
4/22/2017 6:39:44   
dragon_monster

Really what about the Doug Digg: And after that...well, you know the rest. Basically we where there. Also being 16 years is not a coincidence only for you. You keep ingnoring tons of evidence with nothing really nothing no proof of the contrary. This is why I always disagree with you there is no evidence of the contrary.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 114
4/22/2017 6:50:28   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

did doug ever specify how LONG after "that" that xan showed up? no. he didn't. besides, xan had been terrorizing that area for a WHILE before the hero got there, which makes that claim of yours even LESS verifiable. especially since current Word of God basically outright denies your "you can count the years by the holidays" claim as well.

quote:

You keep ingnoring tons of evidence

you mean i keep ignoring what you mistakenly interpret as evidence......... and yes, i do, because it isn't really evidence.....

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/22/2017 6:51:31 >
DF  Post #: 115
4/22/2017 7:00:32   
dragon_monster

Where is that word of god do you ask you also to link it or quote it? Really where is it? It like when I argued with a mod that deleted on of my thread because word of god gave the answer and when I asked show it to me it said it dissipated in bowel of the forum. Wow I really got mad then because it basically meant it abused its power.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 7:01:12 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 116
4/22/2017 7:04:29   
Shiny_Underpants

The WoG in question about the holiday events will be deleted by now. IIRC, it was around the time of the Black Winter war. The only way to obtain it now is to make the staff repeat themselves.
We really need to make a thread about all the technical stuff...

In terms of setting the time period in relation to other sagas, the Return to Lymcrest quest made no reference to any events except Falwynn's birth and elemental dissonance. The other details were more likely to be relevant later in the Six Heroes saga.
There was elemental dissonance before the Hero came into the scene- they arrived at Falconreach when Falconreach most desperately needed them, meaning that there had to have been problems before the Hero's arrival.

@dragon_monster
quote:

Like with the AKs, any public posts about a moderator or administrator's actions will be removed and warned as trolling.
~Universal Forum Rules

edit:
The problem with holiday events is that they create a number of quite large plot-holes if you try to compare them to permanent questlines. Therefore, even without WoG, the internal logic of the holiday events breaks down. The Word of God was simply to specify what to cut out so that the internal logic of the game functioned.

And the provided solution was simply that holiday events were in a timeslip, as the game was not expected to have such a long lifespan.

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 4/22/2017 7:11:36 >
DF MQ  Post #: 117
4/22/2017 7:09:49   
dragon_monster

See now I was in that war and I do not remember Tomix saying anything of that sort and I was really involved in that war.Also does anywhere says its this forum?
Also that nobody is above criticism no matter your rank. I checked timeslip and it does not mean those even ts did not happened its just means you travel trough time at that event and you have no control or explanation on how it happened. Also that might mean that while the hero does the main story the same hero trough a timelip does Frostvale which still happened. Not that their not canon.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 7:15:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 118
4/22/2017 7:23:39   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster but it DOES mean that they happen OUTSIDE of the actual timeline of the game, thus you can't determine how may years long the books are by them. the only holiday events that ARE all canon are the friday the 13th events. but guess what? you can have more than one friday the 13th in a year. which means you can't really use THEM to determine how many years have gone by either.
DF  Post #: 119
4/22/2017 7:27:19   
dragon_monster

Yes I can use them the holidays I mean.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20782859

quote:

<Character>: I got a message from Trouble. What does she need?
Bubble: I heard you finally free. The sisters have already left and they were very excited. They may have found a cure for me.
Bubble: There are a few things we will need you to find; Cat's whisker plants, cats eyes chrysoberyl, and cats tail reeds. I'll need two of each.
<Character>: I'll be back as soon as I find this stuff. I hope it works for you.

See this happened after we where unfrozen.

Come on now do I really have to search for more evidence. Bring me actual evidence of the contrary.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 7:28:34 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 120
4/22/2017 7:49:37   
Shiny_Underpants

If you tried to construct a timeline, using the holiday events as reference, you would find many contradictions. The only way to disprove this is either by making staff repeat themselves, or trying to construct a timeline.
I, personally, don't have time to dig up evidence of that sort. But I would've found it self-evident.

Also, the decision to make the holiday events non-canon came after quite a few years. Initially, they were planned to be canon- or perhaps that was just when it was all Book 1. With the more precise timing, they had to scrap that idea.
Thus, something from within the holiday quests can't prove that they're canon, any more than something from within AQW proving that AQW is canon to DF.

The timeline of DF is most definitely not fifteen years (ten years of holidays+ the Hero's cold).
DF MQ  Post #: 121
4/22/2017 7:50:48   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

holes in time aren't as simple as you're trying to make them seem. they're a hot mess of convoluted rules that all contradict each other due to temporal paradoxes. sometimes they lead you to an exact point in time. sometimes times passes at an equal rate on both sides. besides, like we said, it's TIME TRAVEL, meaning that it could all literally happen the same day from the hero's perspective. which makes it INCREDIBLY shaky evidence. and we DO have evidence to support the "timeslip" theory.

piece of evidence #1. the time travel fairies exist, and can take you back in time to relive past events, all in the same day.
piece of evidence #2. the titans of battleon quest. we ripped a hole in the time-space continuum.
piece of evidence #3. we've gone outside of time to meet biff the time-titan.....twice.
piece of evidence #4. jaania's bodyguards outright stated thatwe've broken time.
piece of evidence #5. we outright STOPPED time when cysero summoned three and a half extra hims during the clashening finale.
piece of evidence #6. the incredibly paradoxical 8 bacon orbs we took.
pieve of evidence #7. and this one is the clincher because it's evidence from a HOLIDAY event that they are a result of time travel. the thanks takingevent when we go on a trip with dr. when. this more or less PROVES that they mostly happen outside o fthe natural flow of time.

the natural flow of time barely even exists in a coherent manner anymore because of all this. it's only NATURAL that random holes in time happen that make things occur outside of canon.

and to further support me, a few of the AE staff are self-confirmed dr. who fans. meaning it's very likely that they use the same rules dr. who does when ti comes to time travel. and with dr. who rules, you could literally make EVERY day christmas if you wanted. does that mean that there was 365 years passing? no. only one year. you just did it out of order.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/22/2017 7:54:52 >
DF  Post #: 122
4/22/2017 8:04:03   
Shiny_Underpants

^Um, I'm not sure if we canonically time-travel in holiday events. I'm pretty sure at the moment it's just 'take it with a grain of salt, please don't point out plot holes, we know'.
The point is, holidays can't be used for inference about permanent sagas.

Bear in mind that the topic of this discussion is actually the Hero's title. The timeline only came into the picture due to the question of Ash's suitability as a replacement, which in turn arose from the debate of what made the Hero different to those around them.
Now that we've hit a brick wall with the timeline, it would make sense to go back to the original topic; what separates the Hero from those around them.
DF MQ  Post #: 123
4/22/2017 8:08:31   
dragon_monster

quote:

If you tried to construct a timeline, using the holiday events as reference, you would find many contradictions. The only way to disprove this is either by making staff repeat themselves, or trying to construct a timeline.
I, personally, don't have time to dig up evidence of that sort. But I would've found it self-evident.

Also, the decision to make the holiday events non-canon came after quite a few years. Initially, they were planned to be canon- or perhaps that was just when it was all Book 1. With the more precise timing, they had to scrap that idea.
Thus, something from within the holiday quests can't prove that they're canon, any more than something from within AQW proving that AQW is canon to DF.

You have no evidence of that just your word I heard Ash say that the hollidays are canon but I am not gonna use it as proof because I can not quote it. I am sorry but I do not think you are right.

@Greyor I quoted and I showed you the links mogollwen chatpter 7 happened after we where unfrozen the last mogloween confirmed they happen every year that means that there where 6 mogloweens before we where frozen we went to what you are saying is that we went at 6 mogloweens in less then 6 years trough time travel. It makes no sense and makes this game far more choatic then it is. You know the problem with time travel right it makes everything meaningless. You forget ones thing your theory means that the hero know he is time traveling which means that he time travels and does not time slips which I will ask you why did he not traveled to a time before Serenity was a inekeeper and dispatch her kndnappers or destroy the axe I do not care.

Time travel exists I know but its dangerous way of thinking that the hero uses it like this.
@above sorry this will be until I prove I am right about Ash even if I have to deconstruct the entire game to do. Nothing matters more then then to prove to you all that I am right.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 8:10:01 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 124
4/22/2017 8:14:54   
Greyor_42

@shiny_underpants too much, really. honestly, i'm not sure how much farther this thread can really go.......
DF  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: So what does it take to take the title of Hero of Lore?
Page 5 of 5<12345
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition