Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: There is no doubt that the hero has grown in strength over the years...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: There is no doubt that the hero has grown in strength over the years...
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/22/2017 6:06:49   
dragon_monster

You still do not get it each time we let them live those not world threatening beings will do do more evil and hurt people and kill people. Do you think the hero will care less if the world is destoryed or an single person is destroyed?
There is a person that killed one person and the hero let lived there is another who killed millions and the hero will not that is what you are saying that the hero will go all in only for people who bring more destruction.

The hero can not stop lesser evils time and time again because he is not everywhere we did not stop the rose agent from doing more evil after all so you reason is not true.

Also how do you block something that comes trough space that uses non lorian magic?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 6:07:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 76
4/22/2017 6:26:04   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

Also how do you block something that comes trough space that uses non lorian magic?

....the same way you would block something that goes through space with LOREAN magic....... dude, ataelan magic is not as haxx op god-tier you seem to think it is. it's literally just another variant of what we already have as lorean magic, just with a different power source.....

quote:

The hero can not stop lesser evils time and time again because he is not everywhere

correction: the hero does not NEED to stop lesser evils time and time again, because they AREN'T THE ONLY HERO CAPABLE OF SAVING PEOPLE. you keep forgetting that there are OTHER heroes around greenguard and the other places we've been. and like i said, aisha has been reduced to JOKE status. she's not even a threat anymore. she's been metaphorically "defanged" and "declawed".

quote:

Do you think the hero will care less if the world is destoryed or an single person is destroyed?

i'd say the hero would care more if the WORLD is destroyed, since the person can't live anyways if there is no world. like i said, the hero has shown time and again that their main driving force is protecting the things they care about. guess what? that INCLUDES the world. the more things they care about that gets threatened, the more fiercely they fight. this has ALWAYS been true.
DF  Post #: 77
4/22/2017 6:36:14   
dragon_monster

No you think its true there is no reason for him to be less mad for the death of one person or more that is your opinion but its clear that he gets mad no matter how many die and he is no less mad.
The only think that makes him go all the way is if you hurt his dragon the being he cares for the most of all in the entire universe.
Again Atelan classes are alien they have no equivalent on Lore you have no way to block something that you never had contact with. You will be cut to pieces by a riftwalker unless you are wolverine and have fast regeneration or you dodge but you can not block they cut trough space.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/22/2017 6:41:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 78
4/22/2017 6:47:30   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

Atelan classes are alien they have no equivalent on Lore

riftwalker=soulweaver
ascendant=mage
cryptic=ninja

boom. i just found lorean equivalents. didn't even take that long.

quote:

The only think that makes him go all the way is if you hurt his dragon

OR, if you threaten literally everything he cares about, like i've been saying this WHOLE TIME. seppy never hurt our dragon. wargoth never hurt our dragon. we went all out against them, because they threatened EVERYTHING. and, like i said, the hero has "chronic hero syndrome", meaning if they see someone(or a large number of someones like, say, a PLANET'S WORTH of people) in danger, they drop whatever it is they're doing to save them, unless that's what they're already doing. seriously, if you play the interview quest again, and choose mostly good answers, they pretty much say so himself.
DF  Post #: 79
4/22/2017 6:56:49   
dragon_monster

That is funny the problem is there more alignments then this chronic hero syndrome does not mean its the canon hero this is one of the things the player chose his hero to be. He can do it for gold for example. He is not heartless of course if you are neutral but he knows what matters.

By the way a ninja does not use TK or telepathy eally no. There is no equivalency there at all. Soulweaver and riftwalker really no similarity. Ascendant and mage yeah sure why not. 1 out of 3.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 80
4/22/2017 7:17:57   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

ninja does not use TK or telepathy eally no. There is no equivalency there at all. Soulweaver and riftwalker really no similarity

soulweaver-speed blitzer in combat. riftwalker-speed blitzer in combat. really the only difference between the two is that soulweaver can take a hit better. and can last longer.

cryptic-uses opponents fears to debilitate them in combat. ninja-uses opponents fears to debilitate them in combat. also, cryptic doesn't use telekineses. they levitate their daggers with magic, whicl litarally ANYBONDY that can use magic can do..... and ninjas can use magic in dragonfable.

so yeah. 3 out of 3.....

quote:

That is funny the problem is there more alignments then this chronic hero syndrome does not mean its the canon hero this is one of the things the player chose his hero to be. He can do it for gold for example. He is not heartless of course if you are neutral but he knows what matters.

y'know, except that he has shown chronic her syndrome OUTSIDE of the coldbear interview as well. many times. in fact, they've done things that align them with the chronic hero syndrome MORE times than they've ever done anything for money.
DF  Post #: 81
4/22/2017 7:23:52   
dragon_monster

But it does not change that he also did things for money also. Like the first thing he did after meeting the priestess was asking do I get a reward for this. Come on its the players choice you can RP his reasons be it money being chronic hero syndrome.

quote:

soulweaver-speed blitzer in combat. riftwalker-speed blitzer in combat. really the only difference between the two is that soulweaver can take a hit better. and can last longer.

cryptic-uses opponents fears to debilitate them in combat. ninja-uses opponents fears to debilitate them in combat. also, cryptic doesn't use telekineses. they levitate their daggers with magic, whicl litarally ANYBONDY that can use magic can do..... and ninjas can use magic in dragonfable.

so yeah. 3 out of 3.....

So what its the specific in how they fight not the tactic. A riftwalker uses portals for his tactic and cryptic use telepathy the others use other ways. How do you do you block the specifics is the problem here not the tactics so 1 out of 3.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 82
4/22/2017 8:01:50   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

but you can't deny that more often than not, they do it out of the goodness of their heart as CANONICALLY shown time and time again. for example, when the entropy dragon covered willowshire in darkness and set entropic elementals on the villagers. the hero rushed to save them without caring what was in it for them.

the specifics are still the same between cryptic and ninja since what they do involves the opponents MIND.

as for soulweaver and riftwalker, also mostly the same, since they both use attacks that aren't really physical, but deal physical damage. and they also both teleport.

so even IF soulweaver isn't a close enough equivalent, i still have 2 out of 3.

actually, i have a better equivalent to riftwalker that i just remembered. mageknight. you know, the thing that leon is. boom 3 out of 3.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/22/2017 8:03:43 >
DF  Post #: 83
4/22/2017 8:17:05   
dragon_monster

Nope still wrong he is basically a warrior with a mage ability. No portals opening and certanly no cuting trough space. By the way unlike the ninja the Cryptic attacks the mind directly so not the same thing. Also the ninja is more a hidden attacker and the cryptic does it right in your face.

quote:

but you can't deny that more often than not, they do it out of the goodness of their heart as CANONICALLY shown time and time again. for example, when the entropy dragon covered willowshire in darkness and set entropic elementals on the villagers. the hero rushed to save them without caring what was in it for them.

That or he knew he will get gold for helping them. Also is stupid to let costumers die. I am not saying he is a sociopath the best analogy I can give you is Geralt of Rivia. I am not saying you are wrong what I am saying I am also right its the choice of the players the reason why he is a hero its our choice I think that was the the interview quest showed us.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 84
4/24/2017 20:12:36   
Kashlikaro

Ehh, I always saw the Altean Riftwalker as the natural conclusion of a warrior swinging a sword hard enough that reality gives up and tears open a hole in space-time.
DF  Post #: 85
4/24/2017 20:19:35   
dragon_monster

Well probably that is what entails to be one except the portal opening that is certainly Atlean magic what I do not get where does the speed comes from as warriors are not speedsters did the hero finally realized that speed makes a warrior better?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 86
4/24/2017 20:56:49   
Kashlikaro

Granted, ever since the update, the Warrior did start jumping around and showed more finesse than just repeatedly beating the poor sap 3 times with the triple combo attack.
DF  Post #: 87
4/24/2017 21:11:48   
dragon_monster

Can you believe we can jump like that with full what seems to be plate armor. That is something what I presume that only the top strongest humans can do.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 88
4/24/2017 22:43:11   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

actually, full plate armor is not that hard to move in. you can actually be QUITE acrobatic in it.
DF  Post #: 89
4/24/2017 22:48:59   
dragon_monster

Really so with 42 kg on you you can jump in the air with your sword and make 2 hits one at launch one at landing then when landing immediate followed by one hit?
If I give you a bag of sand weighting 42 kg can you jump with it?

Come on its logic the more weight you carry the harder you move. Do not get me wrong knights had a lot of training and they manged to move quite agile in plate armor but its a lot thanks to training tons of training. But jumping in plate armor was quite a feat only very strong people could do and do what the hero does well that at the limit of human well limit if not above.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 4/24/2017 23:11:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 90
4/24/2017 23:21:08   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster full plate armor was actually only around 60-ish pounds, so not exactly 42 kg, maybe about 30 at most.

and while one can be agile in plate armor, definitely as much as the hero was. i was just trying to make a point.

and it doesn't even require that much training to jump around a be agile while wearing a full suit of armor, because the weight you feel is actually a lot less than is actually there due to the way it's distributed. it's NOTHING like "carrying a bag of sand weighing 42 kg"..... the average person CAN jump around with a full suit of armor on. heck, you can even do cartwheels in it......

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 4/24/2017 23:22:54 >
DF  Post #: 91
4/24/2017 23:27:41   
dragon_monster

You also forget the heat lack of exist you really have to get used to quite some heat there. Its not that easy and the weight well will affect you and to be able to use it for longer periods of time or even become a non issue well again a lot of training which requires to wear the amror until you reach the limit and so forth until you reach another limit and another limit and since fighting its what you will do with it will help if you also fight which will of course release more heat that has no much where to ventilate.
Probably this is the reason the hero is such a monster in endurance.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 92
4/24/2017 23:41:20   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

not mentioning it isn't the same thing as forgetting it, especially since it was never brought up in the first place up until now. you were only concerned with weight being an issue, so that's what i responded to.
DF  Post #: 93
4/25/2017 8:07:09   
brotherinlaw

I do not feel we could beat Xan with the pyromonicon. I even question whether we could beat Drakath with the wind orb, just because we lost due to the actions of the wind orb itself. We were in suspended animation, so it's less that we are more powerfull than we were then, but rather that we are as powerfull as we were in the finally of book two. I don't remember a lot of personal growth between book one and two, so..

Post edited. See your inbox. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 4/25/2017 13:10:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
4/25/2017 9:16:03   
FriendOfAFriend

Xan is already beating us in a straight fight, him with the pyromonicon is a stomp.

Sure, it's a close fight between us and Xan, but him with the pyromonicon is a whole different beast. To say Drakonan was stronger than Xan with the pyromonicon is wrong, imo.
Post #: 95
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: There is no doubt that the hero has grown in strength over the years...
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition