Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/22/2017 1:35:05   
Aura Knight

quote:

I created this thread to address why significant items should return. Not all items should return because not all of them have the reasoning to do so. It's mostly canonical items that should make a permanent comeback.

I'd say any item that has a direct effect on one's experience with the game should be considered for a return. Random armors, weapons, capes, helms, and non-quest pets are of little importance to me. I'd have no strong feelings one way or the other if such things came back.

However, if these items are also found in the other games, why not have them as permanent content? At this time I don't have a list of such items.

quote:

Rare hunters aren't the problem, the rare tag is the problem. We don't have a problem with the players, we have a problem with the game.
Pretty much. If rares didn't exist, there'd be no need to hate on those who collect them. Of course, if all the players who collect them didn't think themselves better than others, there would be no problems at all. It's too bad not all seem to understand how be humble about what they have. And it's those persons I am disapproving of.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 76
4/22/2017 1:38:24   
megakyle777

If you return my Legacy Of Nulgath set I WLL EAT U.

... I'm kidding to be honest. In my opinion? Bring back everything. Bring back Nulgath stuff, including Oblivion Blade. Bring back Mirror Drakath, bring back Legacy Of Nulgath, Bring back every item in the game.

But maybe I'm just a insane lunatic who has no idea what he's on about.

Also, a note here: I thinbk the Staff at AE are getting tired of Rares. AQ3D for the most part want to move on to seasonal ones, and Alina has said they want to tone down rares in AQW. I think at this point even staff do not like rares.

So I saw NO MORE RARES BRING EM ALL BACK!

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/22/2017 1:45:16 >
DF  Post #: 77
4/22/2017 1:58:22   
The Jop

I'd like it if they have less rare content in the future since that cuts down a lot on what players can do, but please let me enjoy my treasure hoard.

They make recolors constantly; I don't know why you can't just enjoy that instead of devaluing what older players received a while ago. Bringing back rare classes I can sort of understand although the older ones are pretty much all worse than what we have access to all the time in the game, but bringing back old art does nothing. If you want to enjoy old art just look at the Wiki, you don't have to carry it around.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 4/22/2017 2:02:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
4/22/2017 2:05:29   
megakyle777

The Jop: I admit my opinion on the matter is at the opposite end of the extreme, and I admit that I'm fairly sure the only people in my camp here are me and a imaginary moglin I made up just so I don't feel so lonely, but since we are gathering opnions I thought I'd share mine. I can get behind recolors though, but recoloring every rare item in game would take forever, and in the case of, say, Gen One Void Knight as a example, recoloring it while keeping that iconic greyish theme and not making it garish would be a challenge I would not want to take on were I a artist since one camp would send messages going "This is not the iconic version you ruined it" and the other would go "Why bring it back in any form?".

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/22/2017 2:12:52 >
DF  Post #: 79
4/22/2017 2:08:06   
Aura Knight

I wonder if the overabundance of rares is what lead to many players quitting the game. The desire to get multiple rares each week was probably too much for some people and since they saw nothing else of interest in this game, they might have left. By altering AQW into a game that allows everyone a chance to experience things without fear of missing out, maybe it can have more players.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 80
4/22/2017 3:18:57   
juanz1996

Is nonsense. This whole discussion is turning in a war all i see is people telling to be nice and humble but i see the word elitist over billion times and other "insults" to rare collector as if they are something we should stay away. Besides, most of the answer are given in the purpose to atack the mentality of those rare collector besides using the logical to come with an idea, discuss about it, come with a logical argument and end the post. For all this i have discouraged myself to respond to all those re-post since they seems to not separate two things: You have a problem with a logical-in-game idea. No with the idea behind collecting things for the sake of collecting...

i think i dont even need to quote the indirect all over the forum right? right.

quote:

As for "respecting" rare collectors, I can't find it in myself to value a portion of the community that finds joy in others not being able to obtain specific items. That's egotistical and takes away from the fun of the game.

Sorry but no, that is a portion of people that enjoy something called RARE TAG, you can again as i already say CALL IT what you want, you can say we are the worst that we are (put all kind of indirect insult here) but when you make a game like AE make aqw there is something called rare tag and that is a LOGICAL feature that CANT be changed or re-directed just because that group is ...i hate this word .... elitist... that is just ask for a change in a logical feature for a personal matter that is ilogical.

This is the last i gonna write at least... at least i see decents comments.

i apologize if my comment sounds "rude" but i couldnt just keep re-posting with "humble".
AQW  Post #: 81
4/22/2017 3:25:01   
megakyle777

Honestly? I do think sometimes both sides are as bad as the other. Every time a discussion like this comes down both sides do indeed take potshots at the other untill AK's decide we can't keep it mature and lock it down.. I think the problem with this discussion is that both are entirely different, valid, opposing mindsets. You got one that thinks every item should be avalible to all and you go one who thinks that the items they earned have value for being there at the time or working for it. There's gonna be frustration and clashes on the matter since they basicaly directly oppose. But we can't just cancel the discussion entirely, since both sides need to be heard and whichever side you are on it's a problem that needs discussion. DX

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/22/2017 3:28:41 >
DF  Post #: 82
4/22/2017 3:30:25   
Aura Knight

I don't believe the intent of this thread was to attack certain individuals but I suppose such a thing was inevitable given the topic. I won't pretend I care about the feelings of those who are crazed over any and all rares to the point where it's an addiction. But I guess I should tone down the indirect attacks. I'll still not agree with their way of thinking.

Rares are obviously part of the game and while not everyone enjoys them, we do accept they exist. I don't think it's wrong to see a decrease of them nor do I think it's a bad idea to sometimes let some return. Who knows how long AQW will survive? Why not allow others the chance to enjoy what you have?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 83
4/22/2017 3:36:40   
megakyle777

Thinking on it, I think some kind of compromise would be the best optiuon all around. Recolors seems ideal, and it allows the return of old quests/classes/valued items without nullifying the old gaurd of rares.

But the problem with recoloring all current rare itens and returning all current rare quests/features is that you need to color them in a way that respects the original design while making it clear it is not the original. Which ion the case of, say Void Knight would be hard since grey is it's classic color. Also, the amount of rares to be recolored.
DF  Post #: 84
4/22/2017 10:53:09   
thulsa doom

Ok, there are literally hundreds of items that have gone rare, not because that is their tag, but because they simply aren't available in game anymore. Quibble is a good example. In fact, why not bring back some of these old non-rare tagged items -- either in a separate shop or to buff a skimpy Quibble? This should make a lot of people happy (rare hunters can't legitimately complain) and it Finally fulfills the promise that these items would return.
As for items with an actual rare tag... well, recolor them! AQW has thousands of items on file, and only a few artist. Just makes sense. Recolored items are not the same as the original and frankly, if they don't have the 'rare tag' then a true collector won't even care about them; once again the rare hunters won't have a leg to stand on and the vast majority of players (old and new) will benefit.
AQ AQW  Post #: 85
4/22/2017 11:08:33   
aaronarco

Omygosh those tweet links of Aranx and Laken breaks me so bad :/
As an aspiring 2d artist, I really get the point of creating something with all your imagination and effort, then it will only be enjoyed by the

a. Available heroes that time
b. Those who have a lot of AC
c. Members
d. All of the above

all BUT it will be enjoyed and be available for a month or two then it will be banked or be forgotten. Man, just. . I feel for them. AQ should have an answer to this.
Post #: 86
4/22/2017 12:03:21   
Meloette Wells

Another issue with recoloring is the color-customizable rares problem, brought up by the Plate of the Fallen. The recent Chormatic-x set seems to be a good compromise for the problem though. Allowing the rare variant to be cc, while the permanent isn't cc.

But yeah, variants/recolors of rares tend to be an agree-able solution to re-releasing rares, or at least for making rares from here on out.

Also in cases of LQS/Packages variants, maybe include the new re-release content to be available for the original owners as well. That way, the person that brought/gained the original higher value rare item won't feel cheated from seeing their old rare having a new variant released.

edit1:
quote:

either in a separate shop or to buff a skimpy Quibble? This should make a lot of people happy (rare hunters can't legitimately complain) and it Finally fulfills the promise that these items would return.

Bad news for ya here... The doom wheel tried doing that, and there was still backlash. Especially for items like the cursed/original navals, original pirate, and the exo-suit.

Although the issue with the doom wheel is that those rather "iconic," or more accurately unique, items kinda hold that souvineer status of rares anyhow. Which, brings this discussion back to the whole "what kinda rares/removed content qualify for making a comeback." Since, there are items (like the 19th quibble/ thespan's quibble) that people tend to agree should be able to return within reason.

edit2:
Just wanted to finish off these edits by mentioning, why rare hunters/collectors tend to be listened to in AE's history. They're a part of their customer base that AE can rely on for future purchases, hence a more reliable paycheck. Sure, they can "try" to go for a bigger market by re-releasing rares, but history shows that people will give a backlash if they try to release previously removed rares/merchandise.

1, example of this is the Various long-threads that happen over at the dragonfable forums over using the calendar classes as DC sinks, in an effort to make more cash.

2, another time was the Super-Short-Lived heromart package on the portal site. For a few hours the portal site had a package, similar to the previously mentioned wolfhound/etc/etc set package, for sell. This short-lived package was for various og heromart item gear/codes for things like chornomancer. Following a few hours, Artix shut it down over the backlash. Sure, AE honor'd the purchases of whoever already got the heromart deal while it was still out, but it was ditched since.

I wouldn't be surprised if this heromart package incident is what lead to the whole DF-calendars being shut down, but what do I know? Not like I have access to AE's financials and/or interviews with the Devs about why they make decisions like this.

< Message edited by Meloette Wells -- 4/22/2017 12:16:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 87
4/22/2017 12:23:27   
juanz1996

quote:

I don't believe the intent of this thread was to attack certain individuals but I suppose such a thing was inevitable given the topic. I won't pretend I care about the feelings of those who are crazed over any and all rares to the point where it's an addiction. But I guess I should tone down the indirect attacks. I'll still not agree with their way of thinking.

Rares are obviously part of the game and while not everyone enjoys them, we do accept they exist. I don't think it's wrong to see a decrease of them nor do I think it's a bad idea to sometimes let some return. Who knows how long AQW will survive? Why not allow others the chance to enjoy what you have?

Yes a decrease would be nice, alina say is gonna happend so that has been solved. Seems fine for me since im not a rare hunter (but i do have most of rare badges and items from old years), but the problem is that when you want something like this to happend you need a good reason for it, not for the rare hunter people because as you say it will be a little portion of those, but because AE dont usually go with all the ideas just because thhey would be nice and cool, most of the time is because they find a problem and make a solution.
For recoloring i dont see a problem since there are example from the past that show that AE sometimes recolor rares.

----
Why not allow others the chance to enjoy what you have? well that is pretty simple is because it was designed that way(is not a plan rare hunter make or people who love some rares think) is not a plan people make to make rares to run all over aqw, which in fact happends lol. is more just a portion of people that run over rares

And this is something i wrote yesterday but my inet sucks lol

That is not the way things work you cant have everything in the game, when "i wish i etc etc etc" has become a valid argument to ask for a change in x concept of the game? This is a game and you are not intended to get everything because is imposible. Why people seems to not realize that and instead want to make rares to come back? that confused me really hard because they talk about how crazy rare hunter are about them but they are asking for those specific item to come back because they want it. Is just the same crazy but reversed....i can be rude too and say why you want to make most rare to come back why you wanna make them permanent, you have an obsession to not miss nothing? if they arent important, they arent important to make they come back(without talking about classes of course). Something that was mean in first place to be rare is suppose to stay rare AE decide that people dont, is not like we say that x items should go rare , ae decides that and we take it and enjoy it. why? the question is why you care, is personal. Personal matter arent an excuse to change the game.
there are only two things that i see both group are agree class going rare and that there are a lot of rares(this is actualy solved by alina here so one less thing to think about)

i apologize about the "rude part" it was written yesterday when all the thing was getting hard but decided to leave it there.
AQW  Post #: 88
4/22/2017 13:57:10   
Aura Knight

@juanz1996: I didn't think anything of what you posted was rude. Just like I've got my opinions, you have yours and were only trying to defend them. Nothing wrong with that. This doesn't mean I'll change my opinion as I do still think there can be ways to bring old things back without upsetting the original owners. My focus is on classes. And my reasons for wanting them to return have already been mentioned.

Yes, it's true most of those old/rare classes have outlived their usefulness, but they could still be fun to use. Why can't some aspects of them be added to existing classes? For example, Abyssal angel has a rather unique auto attack. I'd love to see that on master ranger/ranger. Only the attack animation, not the DoT damage. Leprechaun class is another. However, I don't consider it as a high priority class to bring back since rogue and all its clones are very similar. Though it likely won't be changed now, I was hoping it could have gotten a seasonal tag like the evolved leprechaun. Guess it's too late for that now. A class I'm rather upset about missing was blademaster. Perhaps it's not as needed, but it was unique and it saddens me that I missed it. I suppose there's always the possibility of an evolved variant.

I have to once again point out that I don't like how class designs can only be enjoyed by a few people, especially since making classes takes quite a bit of effort. Why can't the designers themselves choose what happens with their classes? If they do have a say and choose to make them rare, then I don't know what to say.

Posting things here might lead to changes, or it may do nothing. We'll just have to wait and see.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 89
4/22/2017 14:42:59   
zanathos

On the idea of rares coming back, I think that should mostly be on the end of recolors and quibble items. That being said, I also believe every single item required in the NostalgiaQuest shops should return as well, seeing as how it's a bit strange that those who have remained loyal customers for 8 years can't fully enjoy the rewards offered.

That being said, I also believe non-ac rares should return with some sort of farming component, so that those who were there for the original release don't feel "cheated" by the idea of the item coming back
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 90
4/22/2017 14:54:17   
Aura Knight

Bringing back rares to be used in the /nostalgiaquest shops doesn't seem like a bad idea. The dual wield merge as well as Warlic's enchant merge gives you brand new items and though they may look identical to some rares, they are not the same. One argument I can see is with items which had an ac tag originally. Because the buyback shop is a thing, someone can change a weapon to be dual wield and then go back to the buyback shop and re-obtain the item they merged.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 91
4/22/2017 15:19:13   
TsumetheWolf

@Zanathos- This is exactly what happened with the Undead Paladin set, didn't it? As opposed to being a drop like the Mirror Realm version, it was comprised of a super-low-drop and Mirror Tokens at 5%.

Anyways; i've said a few times that I am supportive of the idea of variants, and I would happily purchase variants of items I already own if they look nice. Like the Arcane Dark Caster from last year and the one released this year. In fact I prefer the gray colours of this years'!

Variants would perhaps also allow the artist to put their own unique spin on things. Take the Groundforce Uniform... Again. The shading is different, it looks shinier, and the patterns differ a bit. Even though it's technically meant to be a Mirror of Skyguard Captain, it is it's own unique item, and I quite like it.

There have been variants, permanently available in-game that are based off of items that did indeed go rare.
Take the Coward Armour, from the Fear Chaser event. There is a variant available in either NPC's shop in Underrealm- the Magitech Plating. It pays homage to the original, yet puts it's own flair on it.

And then there's always the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shops that sometimes feature such variants. Those are a sort of throwback/nod to older items already. I quite enjoyed being able to farm the rest of the Cyber Fiend set, it was a neat addition.
Post #: 92
4/22/2017 16:32:16   
Meloette Wells

There's also the extensive list bikini/armored gravelyn doomknight armor variants by Tana. Each variant offered different color palette or style used to set them apart from each other.

@below
For example while Bradric's armor is just a simple addition of should on his plaudrons/shoulder pads, making his armor more of an edit, and a small one, to the original armor without changing much about it..

His sword though is more of a full recolor, it takes the middle bit of the original sword and turned it gold n removed the glow the original had as well. Both are somewhat/rather small changes, but one is more noticeable, which suggests more of a full recolor/variant. The sword's glow being missing and now have a gold center, compared to literally just fill-bucketing the bit of shoulder pads that connect his shoulder pads to the armor.

< Message edited by Meloette Wells -- 4/22/2017 17:46:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 93
4/22/2017 16:49:10   
Aura Knight

I think making variants of rare items is a decent option. As many have pointed out, recolors are something that happens often. And I think as long as these variants aren't identical to the original items, even those who love their rares would have little to complain about. Probably.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 94
4/22/2017 18:36:59   
juanz1996

Aura Knight: Nice to heard that, and about the nostalgia thing, yes i got sad when i first entered and looked at the shop because i wasnt able to get nothing at all just of course the one that arent rares even when i was a dedicated in those times, it was hard because inventory was a real issue that time maybe as it is now.

Now about all the ideas i agree with most of them if not all. just to make a resume:

-Certain classes coming back, in form of variantes or direct coming back.
-Recolors of rares(this actually happends as many have already pointed it out)
-Certain rares coming back, kind of a hard decision to choose which one is gonna be back.
-Rares coming back in form of farming process(this is actually the one i like the most)
AQW  Post #: 95
4/22/2017 22:40:22   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Aura Knight

quote:

I'd say any item that has a direct effect on one's experience with the game should be considered for a return. Random armors, weapons, capes, helms, and non-quest pets are of little importance to me. I'd have no strong feelings one way or the other if such things came back.

However, if these items are also found in the other games, why not have them as permanent content? At this time I don't have a list of such items.

I strongly agree that any item that affects someone's experience should return, but I can only see the justification of canonical items since they play an integral role in the game. That and classes. As much as it pains me to admit it, rare collectors should have something to satisfy their interests. That something just shouldn't be anything canonical or sets like the Plate of the Fallen and Prometheus.

----

@The Jop

quote:

They make recolors constantly; I don't know why you can't just enjoy that instead of devaluing what older players received a while ago. Bringing back rare classes I can sort of understand although the older ones are pretty much all worse than what we have access to all the time in the game, but bringing back old art does nothing. If you want to enjoy old art just look at the Wiki, you don't have to carry it around.

The point is being able to own the items you want and being able to use them as you see fit. Looking at items is enjoy the art, equipping the items is experiencing the art.

----

@Aura Knight

quote:

I wonder if the overabundance of rares is what lead to many players quitting the game. The desire to get multiple rares each week was probably too much for some people and since they saw nothing else of interest in this game, they might have left. By altering AQW into a game that allows everyone a chance to experience things without fear of missing out, maybe it can have more players.

It can and would. I would also lead to players spending more money on the game since they would have a wider access to what they want.

AQW could bring back every single for a single week and the profit would be astronomical.

----

@juanz1996

quote:

Is nonsense. This whole discussion is turning in a war all i see is people telling to be nice and humble but i see the word elitist over billion times and other "insults" to rare collector as if they are something we should stay away. Besides, most of the answer are given in the purpose to atack the mentality of those rare collector besides using the logical to come with an idea, discuss about it, come with a logical argument and end the post. For all this i have discouraged myself to respond to all those re-post since they seems to not separate two things: You have a problem with a logical-in-game idea. No with the idea behind collecting things for the sake of collecting...

People who like collecting rares aren't the problem, the mentality that an item should only be available to a select few is what's wrong. In no way am I trying to insult the people who are collecting rare items. What I have a problem with is the ideology that items should available to only certain people because of reasons.

quote:

Sorry but no, that is a portion of people that enjoy something called RARE TAG, you can again as i already say CALL IT what you want, you can say we are the worst that we are (put all kind of indirect insult here) but when you make a game like AE make aqw there is something called rare tag and that is a LOGICAL feature that CANT be changed or re-directed just because that group is ...i hate this word .... elitist... that is just ask for a change in a logical feature for a personal matter that is ilogical.

This is the last i gonna write at least... at least i see decents comments.

The nature of rare items in and of itself is illogical. Digital items are not a finite resource like certain real life resources. Creating an artificial rarity is common practice among merchandisers and it's already bad enough as it is, however, creating an artificial rarity for digital items is absurd. There are no actual limitations to allowing people to obtain digital items. The quantity matches the number of people that want that item/product. Justifying a rare item is equivalent to saying that only 10 people should be able to buy certain songs on iTunes. There's no actual rairty when it comes to digital products. That is the problem we're facing here.

As for the interaction between forum-ers, I agree that we should maintain a certain degree of decorum. Throwing insults is not the way to go about discussing this matter. I apologize if I have personally offended anyone. That was not my intention.

----

@megakule777

quote:

Honestly? I do think sometimes both sides are as bad as the other. Every time a discussion like this comes down both sides do indeed take potshots at the other untill AK's decide we can't keep it mature and lock it down.. I think the problem with this discussion is that both are entirely different, valid, opposing mindsets. You got one that thinks every item should be avalible to all and you go one who thinks that the items they earned have value for being there at the time or working for it. There's gonna be frustration and clashes on the matter since they basicaly directly oppose. But we can't just cancel the discussion entirely, since both sides need to be heard and whichever side you are on it's a problem that needs discussion. DX

Maintaining decorum is hard at times since this is such a hot topic, but it's important nonetheless.

I brought up this topic hoping for a certain degree of change but I'm not sure what the conclusion we'll be. To a certain degree, this seems like a no-win situation.

----

@Aura Knight
quote:

That's basically what this thread is supposed to be about. It's unreasonable for anyone to think that all rare items should go un-rare. Players who own Alpha Pirate, the founder dragons, and all other founder items are entitled to those items. Not just founder items, but anything else that has merit to staying a rare item.

----

@megakyle777

quote:

Thinking on it, I think some kind of compromise would be the best optiuon all around. Recolors seems ideal, and it allows the return of old quests/classes/valued items without nullifying the old gaurd of rares.

But the problem with recoloring all current rare itens and returning all current rare quests/features is that you need to color them in a way that respects the original design while making it clear it is not the original. Which ion the case of, say Void Knight would be hard since grey is it's classic color. Also, the amount of rares to be recolored.

The problem with recoloring is that it takes away from the original color pallet that everyone knows and loves. It's essentially a new item.

----

@Meloette Wells

quote:

Also in cases of LQS/Packages variants, maybe include the new re-release content to be available for the original owners as well. That way, the person that brought/gained the original higher value rare item won't feel cheated from seeing their old rare having a new variant released.

This is a great idea. Both parties benefit from this. Rare collectors get to keep their Rares and people who want the canon remakes can get what they want. This is a small step to compromize but it's a step nonetheless.

quote:

Although the issue with the doom wheel is that those rather "iconic," or more accurately unique, items kinda hold that souvineer status of rares anyhow. Which, brings this discussion back to the whole "what kinda rares/removed content qualify for making a comeback." Since, there are items (like the 19th quibble/ thespan's quibble) that people tend to agree should be able to return within reason.

A lot of Quibble items should never have had a Rare tag but the 19th Quibble shop is the prime example of misslabeling items. Nearly every item in that shop should have been included in the permanent event shop.

----

@juanz1996

quote:

Yes a decrease would be nice, alina say is gonna happend so that has been solved. Seems fine for me since im not a rare hunter (but i do have most of rare badges and items from old years), but the problem is that when you want something like this to happend you need a good reason for it, not for the rare hunter people because as you say it will be a little portion of those, but because AE dont usually go with all the ideas just because thhey would be nice and cool, most of the time is because they find a problem and make a solution.
For recoloring i dont see a problem since there are example from the past that show that AE sometimes recolor rares.

Certain Rare items don't have any purpose in returning. Their limited time availability is warranted. However, there are some specific items that should never have gone rare in the first place. The problem at hand is that certain items should never have received the Rare tag in the first place.

----

@TsumetheWolf

quote:

This is exactly what happened with the Undead Paladin set, didn't it? As opposed to being a drop like the Mirror Realm version, it was comprised of a super-low-drop and Mirror Tokens at 5%.

Undead Paladin is the perfect example of how certain Rares have and can be brought back. I didn't see many people complaining about that.

----

@Meloette Wells

quote:

For example while Bradric's armor is just a simple addition of should on his plaudrons/shoulder pads, making his armor more of an edit, and a small one, to the original armor without changing much about it..

His sword though is more of a full recolor, it takes the middle bit of the original sword and turned it gold n removed the glow the original had as well. Both are somewhat/rather small changes, but one is more noticeable, which suggests more of a full recolor/variant. The sword's glow being missing and now have a gold center, compared to literally just fill-bucketing the bit of shoulder pads that connect his shoulder pads to the armor.

There is also a difference in terms of Baldric's cape. The set is different enough to be released as a new item and those who bought the Wolfhound pack could get it for free.

----

@Aura Knight

quote:

I think making variants of rare items is a decent option. As many have pointed out, recolors are something that happens often. And I think as long as these variants aren't identical to the original items, even those who love their rares would have little to complain about. Probably.

Color variants of certain Rare items is a viable option, except for canonical items. Stuff like Order Drakath's armor and cape, Quibble's 19th shop items, etc. Altering the color pallet makes them completely different items and no longer canon.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 96
4/23/2017 4:31:39   
LouisCyphere

By the way guys, what about rare items during wars?
I think that's one of the few instances that I would allow to have rares since people that were present during the event have to actively log in and defend waves.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
4/23/2017 4:44:41   
megakyle777

I'm going to throw this out there as a idea (Keep in mind it is JUST a idea: No idea how it would work) But what about trading rares for rares?

Here's my logic. Rares will always be a part of AQW. But in this case it's a GOOD thing, because there will always be another rare. But, if you don't like the rare, you can trade it in for a rare from another era from the current amount of rare items.

Pros:
Technically there is the same amount of rares in circulation. No extra rares are added.

Cons:
While no extra general rares are added, more of a specific rare may exist.

???:
Less of a specific rare may exist too. Simply put the specific rare count fluctuates but the general one stays the same.

Alternativly, let players trade rares for other rares by some kind of form prehaps. I'd be willing to part with, say my Legacy Of Nulgath set if I got something with some USE other then looks in return for example. (Although I LOVE that rare so it'd have to be a damm good use of it)

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/23/2017 5:07:13 >
DF  Post #: 98
4/23/2017 9:50:06   
Soul0626

All I want at this point is to be able to complete sets when I apparently missed one single part out of not knowing they were coming out, or barely missed it because of servers shutting down for maintenance
AQW  Post #: 99
4/23/2017 13:10:55   
Aura Knight

As someone who has rares that I don't care for, I happen to like the idea of trading rares for rares. But trade isn't going to happen in game. Too bad, since trading is usually a part of most MMOs.

If we could replay the Birthday events from previous years and also get those classes, I'd be pretty happy. But, as much as it pains me to say this, the classes from those events are special and simply bringing them back would only cause problems. However, variants of them could be possible. It was done for VoT (can't recall if that was from a Birthday event) and it can be done for the other birthday classes.

The latest one is a permanent class and the one before (UOK) was available for way longer than most others. Would be nice to revisit some of those past birthday events. Newer players can get a better understanding of how the power of certain classes evolved over time.

This all seems like wishful thinking. If past birthday events could be brought back, they would have done so by now.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition