Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/23/2017 18:09:44   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@megakyle777

quote:

I'm going to throw this out there as a idea (Keep in mind it is JUST a idea: No idea how it would work) But what about trading rares for rares?

I thought about this idea as well. It's feasible to a certain extent. I think the main problem would be what people are willing to exchange for certain items. For example, I would be willing to give up an entire rare set for one or two specific rare weapons. As such, how would I get the items to the person I'm trading with and get a smaller quantity in return?

----

I'm not sure if I should bring this up here or address it in another thread, but why have events gone rare? There's no point for that to have ever happened. Rare items are still up for debate, but rare events should be brought back without discussion.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 101
4/23/2017 18:37:42   
Ted Zlammy

Ah, trading. For this game, I just do not see it as a good idea due to how it could be abused. Because while there are rare items, there are also Rare Shops. For instance, someone with access to a Beta shop could exploit several rare items out of other players by offering Star Swords and Beta Berseker classes in exchange. Than there's the issue how a decent chunk of rares are AC tagged and actually bought with ACs. For example, this theoretical person with the Beta shop access could made Thousands of ACs off of selling old rare gear they traded for with items from their shop which are only bought with gold. AQW is a game that trading wouldn't work for unless some serious restrictions in place or things were severely tweaked. Not that it really matters though, since Cysero says why trading won't actually ever be put in game here.
MQ AQW  Post #: 102
4/23/2017 18:39:16   
zanathos

Could be for server reasons. I'd imagine after almost 9 years of rare events and cutscenes, keeping them ingame would put an unnecessary strain on the server, saves space to keep them rare, keeps lag at least a little down. (idk if this is the real reason, or if that is even how aqw servers work anymore, pure speculation)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 103
4/23/2017 19:04:47   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@zanathos

There aren't that many rare events so space isn't the issue.

----

Something important to keep in mind is that we can't suggest major features to rectify the problem with Rares. Major engine changes aren't feasible solutions. The most outlandish thing that can happen is an out-of-game shop like the LQS.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 104
4/24/2017 0:27:59   
polar

quote:

, someone with access to a Beta shop could exploit several rare items out of other players by offering Star Swords and Beta Berseker classes in exchange. Than there's the issue how a decent chunk of rares are AC tagged and actually bought with ACs. For example, this theoretical person with the Beta shop access could made Thousands of ACs off of selling old rare gear they traded for with items from their shop which are only bought with gold.

I don't support trading but if it was implemented it needs a couple of heavy restrictions.
1.items can only be traded if they have the same price and same rarity tag.ac packages will need to be tagged like uniquely so they can only be traded among those who also got bought packages,same goes for end game ac items needing a specific tag
2.traded items need to still be linked to the original owner and have a a message saying "This item was previously owned by <insert name>" to track who it was traded with. in case of a scenario of needing a specific item to access a rare shop it should show a message saying "You're not the original owner of the required item"
3.traded items cannot be sold or traded again,will have to have a different color in charpages to recognize as traded item
4.traded items should not be recognized as being sold,that way they are not added to buyback shop and if you try to buy the same item from a rare shop then it will tell you "You already have this weapon or may have traded it"

I know I'm contradicting my first statement but by applying heavy restrictions can I discourage trading
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 105
4/24/2017 0:52:04   
Aura Knight

It's possible they won't bring rare events back because without the items from those events, few would care about them. But it can be unfortunate that certain things can't be experienced because of this. Even without the items, just playing through quests should be okay. And I don't think it's impossible to add a few permanent items to replace the ones which are rare/gone.

If older events could return I think it could be done as an extra thing added to the /nostalgiaquest area. There could be random portals all over the map taking you to certain important events from 2008 to 2016 or whichever year is chosen.

But this thread's not for events, just items. Speaking of which, do we have a list of rares that we'd wish to see return somehow? Only thing on my list is some rare classes. Things like Chunin, Blademaster, Dark Caster (though with that one I'm not sure I'd want it) and maybe evolved dark caster (again, not sure I want it).

One rare I have and couldn't care less about is The Sword of the Legion. Any rare you all don't care about but still have?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 106
4/24/2017 2:14:23   
juanz1996

@Christophisis

quote:

The nature of rare items in and of itself is illogical. Digital items are not a finite resource like certain real life resources. Creating an artificial rarity is common practice among merchandisers and it's already bad enough as it is, however, creating an artificial rarity for digital items is absurd. There are no actual limitations to allowing people to obtain digital items. The quantity matches the number of people that want that item/product. Justifying a rare item is equivalent to saying that only 10 people should be able to buy certain songs on iTunes. There's no actual rairty when it comes to digital products. That is the problem we're facing here.

As for the interaction between forum-ers, I agree that we should maintain a certain degree of decorum. Throwing insults is not the way to go about discussing this matter. I apologize if I have personally offended anyone. That was not my intention.

Not sure to get the idea, part because i have english limitations(from argentina) and part because i dont see the point at the end of the line.
You are comparing life with game to make an statement that seems vague at the end. There is no real rarity in digital items because they are digital that is obvious, but considering that and then saying "creating an artificial rarity for digital items is absurd-. The whole point you try to make is based on moral or something? im dont know even how to face your comment xD.

"Digital items are not a finite resource like certain real life resources-. "There are no actual limitations to allowing people to obtain digital items- Yes so?
"Creating an artificial rarity is common practice among merchandisers and it's already bad enough as it is- Is something most games do for x reasons: Get money for the game, create a new whole group of items( in this case rares) again im really confused.
"There's no actual rairty when it comes to digital products- exactly but again really vague, in games of course rare are gonna be artificial rarity, that doenst means they are illogical or something else, they are another form of function that exist in the game. i dont really see the real point (confused 100%) wasnt your idea to make certain items to come back? and you consider that rares items shouldnt exist at all? (correct me here)

help me out here but arent you and maybe some more facing the problem wrong? you are thinking about rares as a moral problem as if is not fair or is not right. Maybe if you try to focus on a more solid in-game based idea you can make something to change. But it should be restricted to in-game design and the understanding that rares are a function that every game has. Anyway as it is now we have come to very good ideas so im waiting to see chunin tier 2 too xd.

quote:

People who like collecting rares aren't the problem, the mentality that an item should only be available to a select few is what's wrong. In no way am I trying to insult the people who are collecting rare items. What I have a problem with is the ideology that items should available to only certain people because of reasons.

the mentality that an item should only be available to a select few is what's wrong?" why? i dont wanna repeat myself but rare tag are something that exist by core-design in most games, what you are complaining about is basically a core-in-game design (rares), besides items arent selected to a few people they are time-limited which is way diferent than people-limited as many say. Is a core base thing a function like many other -tradings, reputations etc etc that most games have, that is not something that will anygame change. That with the fact that you cant get everything because you cant be 100% time in a game are for me enough to not complain about rares, actually i nice crossed-idea i would go deeply more than this is the inventory issues, we have a whole new thread to make talking about that dude.

< Message edited by juanz1996 -- 4/24/2017 2:26:31 >
AQW  Post #: 107
4/24/2017 12:04:15   
zanathos

quote:

Only thing on my list is some rare classes. Things like Chunin, Blademaster, Dark Caster (though with that one I'm not sure I'd want it) and maybe evolved dark caster (again, not sure I want it).

Personally, rare classes is really the only thing on my list as well, I personally still kick myself for missing Arcane DC (was deathly sick at the time), and I'd like to see the calendar classes in the Heromart shop, but expensive, like more than Great Thief, so as to not cheat those who were there to purchase the calendars. Slightly off topic, Dark Caster is an aboslutely poor class now, even though its "strategic" stacking playstyle is a little interesting. EDC is still a pretty decent class though, even if it is a little overshadowed by AQWs power creep.

I think the only rares that without a doubt should never in any circumstances return are Limited Quantity items, due to the name. I would still love a Black Friday Death Dealer variant *wink**wink*
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 108
4/24/2017 13:08:18   
Aura Knight

I wonder if it would be possible to make a list of rares we don't care about and those could be brought back sometime? I'm sure there are items like this.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 109
4/24/2017 14:45:36   
Keeper of the Owls

Since item trading will never be a thing, rare items ultimately mean nothing outside of the sentimental value their owners place upon them. Back in the day rares were a strong source of income for AE and came in a variety of shapes, colors and styles. Nowadays rare items are being released alongside recolored "perm" variants of themselves in every weekly release.
AQ AQW  Post #: 110
4/24/2017 18:44:09   
Swordsman of Worlds

I'd like to briefly mention something in the game that's very similar to rares in function but technically aren't rares (I feel it's still similar enough to be a complimentary topic that it doesn't warrant it's own thread), and that is what I'm going to call "choice-locked" shops. I think AE has done this on more than one occasion, but my case in point in particular is the allegiance shops in Shadowfall offered by Cynari and Tibias. For those who don't know or remember: Upon your first time entering the lower part of Shadowfall, a one-time cutscene plays where Gravelyn asks you whose allegiance you stand by (Good, Evil, or Chaos). Whichever you choose determines which shop you can access after finishing Cynari's quests (if you chose Good) or Tibias' quests (if you chose Evil) (I have no idea what is available from choosing Chaos. Couldn't find any wiki info on it), while the other one(s?) is locked forever. Effectively rare. This choice is separate from the faction you sided with at the end of the prologue of the Chaos Saga, so switching sides does not affect the availability of these particular shops.

For example, I chose to tell Gravelyn that I am on the side of Good, and I bought The Illuminated One armor from the respective shop. If you know me, you know I'm quite fond of it. However, even if I change my allegiance to Evil, I cannot access the other shop and buy the evil version of that armor, The Obfuscated One, which I really really want. Not that I've been holding by breath on any sort of legitimate opportunity, but a hero can dream, can't they?

Anyway, that's sort of why I brought this up. On the main topic, being among the free-player crowd, I personally don't mind bringing back rares. But what about choice-locked shops? I think they could be put in the same boat as rares by making them available via switching your actual faction. It's even easier now that Chaos faction is officially available. I can't remember any other choice-locked shops AE has done, so I think there's little to lose here. But what are your thoughts?
AQW  Post #: 111
4/25/2017 0:37:04   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@polar

quote:

I don't support trading but if it was implemented it needs a couple of heavy restrictions.
1.items can only be traded if they have the same price and same rarity tag.ac packages will need to be tagged like uniquely so they can only be traded among those who also got bought packages,same goes for end game ac items needing a specific tag
2.traded items need to still be linked to the original owner and have a a message saying "This item was previously owned by <insert name>" to track who it was traded with. in case of a scenario of needing a specific item to access a rare shop it should show a message saying "You're not the original owner of the required item"
3.traded items cannot be sold or traded again,will have to have a different color in charpages to recognize as traded item
4.traded items should not be recognized as being sold,that way they are not added to buyback shop and if you try to buy the same item from a rare shop then it will tell you "You already have this weapon or may have traded it"

I know I'm contradicting my first statement but by applying heavy restrictions can I discourage trading

All the reasons you listed explains why trading can't be implemented. All these features would have to be implemented, meaning that the code for it would need to be written, which would be a huge headache to the coders who are nearly done the server rewrite. It would involve rewriting major parts of the game's code. Not only that, but the current AQW servers wouldn't be able to support these additions.

----

@Aura Knight

quote:

It's possible they won't bring rare events back because without the items from those events, few would care about them.

They have in the past and the events were pretty well received.

quote:

But this thread's not for events, just items. Speaking of which, do we have a list of rares that we'd wish to see return somehow? Only thing on my list is some rare classes. Things like Chunin, Blademaster, Dark Caster (though with that one I'm not sure I'd want it) and maybe evolved dark caster (again, not sure I want it).

If you want I can create a list and include it in the original post. List all the items you would like to return and I'll include it on this list. It would also be good if you explained why these items should return since listing is against the forum rules.

----

@juanz1996

quote:

Not sure to get the idea, part because i have english limitations(from argentina) and part because i dont see the point at the end of the line.
You are comparing life with game to make an statement that seems vague at the end. There is no real rarity in digital items because they are digital that is obvious, but considering that and then saying "creating an artificial rarity for digital items is absurd-. The whole point you try to make is based on moral or something? im dont know even how to face your comment xD.

First, I wouldn't worry about your English skills. I can understand everything you're writing.

Second, the points I'm making aren't based on morals, they're based on logic. Creating an artificial rarity for an item with infinite units is illogical since there are no actual limitations around these items.

quote:

"Digital items are not a finite resource like certain real life resources-. "There are no actual limitations to allowing people to obtain digital items- Yes so?

So why create this rarity if there's no valid purpose for doing so.

quote:

"Creating an artificial rarity is common practice among merchandisers and it's already bad enough as it is- Is something most games do for x reasons: Get money for the game, create a new whole group of items( in this case rares) again im really confused.

Games don't do this. If you're talking about games that you buy, you pay for the game once and then have the option to purchase microtransactions at your own discretion. These microtransactions tend to never have a time limit on them. As for free to play games, almost every game that I have played -- and I've tried a lot of them -- offer some sort of membership that gives you access to more features/items and/or has a microtransaction currency, like ACs, where you can purchase special items. Almost never is it the case that these special items go away and never come back.

quote:

"There's no actual rairty when it comes to digital products- exactly but again really vague, in games of course rare are gonna be artificial rarity, that doenst means they are illogical or something else, they are another form of function that exist in the game. i dont really see the real point (confused 100%) wasnt your idea to make certain items to come back? and you consider that rares items shouldnt exist at all? (correct me here)

Rares shouldn't exist at all but I'm trying to be fair here and acknowledge that some people actually want these items to be around. As such, there needs to be a compromise as to what kinds of items should be categorized as Rare and what Rare items should make a return.

quote:

help me out here but arent you and maybe some more facing the problem wrong? you are thinking about rares as a moral problem as if is not fair or is not right. Maybe if you try to focus on a more solid in-game based idea you can make something to change. But it should be restricted to in-game design and the understanding that rares are a function that every game has. Anyway as it is now we have come to very good ideas so im waiting to see chunin tier 2 too xd.

I'm just replying to those who are stating that Rares are an absolute must and that those who weren't fortunate enough to get them when they're available should just accept that without question. Like I said earlier, few games have items that disappear permanently, meaning that they shouldn't be as prominent in AQW. As for discussing an actual solution, that's what myself and many other have done and are still continuing to do.

quote:

the mentality that an item should only be available to a select few is what's wrong?" why?

Because other than those who helped fund the game in its earliest stages what makes anyone else so special? People who started playing the game 3 years ago, for example, are no more important than those who started playing yesterday. If people are willing to support the game in order to obtain the items they want why shouldn't they have the opportunity to do so?

quote:

i dont wanna repeat myself but rare tag are something that exist by core-design in most games, what you are complaining about is basically a core-in-game design (rares), besides items arent selected to a few people they are time-limited which is way diferent than people-limited as many say. Is a core base thing a function like many other -tradings, reputations etc etc that most games have, that is not something that will any game change.

Like I said earlier, no it isn't. Items that disappear forever are not a core design feature of most games. Any game that has been built around this feature is probably not as successful as others.

quote:

That with the fact that you cant get everything because you cant be 100% time in a game are for me enough to not complain about rares, actually i nice crossed-idea i would go deeply more than this is the inventory issues, we have a whole new thread to make talking about that dude.

Time gates are not a valid reason for not being able to obtain an item unless it's an Alpha or Beta item. Difficult farming is a valid barrier. Finding a team to beat a boss is a valid reason. Getting enough money to purchase microtransaction currency is also a valid barrier. Not being around at a certain time, excluding the Alpha or Beta, is not a valid barrier. For example, let's say someone was doing missionary work and they didn't have access to AQW for a year and they missed an item they really wanted. Is missing an item because you were off helping others a valid reason for not being able to obtain a digital item with an infinite quantity. Another example, let's say a child who couldn't use a computer for whatever reason just discovered AQW and really wanted an item that was around when they couldn't use a computer. Is it fair that they can't obtain a digital item with an infinite quantity because they weren't able to access the game at that certain time? And before you ask, these are valid examples based on situations that have actually happened.

----

@Aura Knight

quote:

I wonder if it would be possible to make a list of rares we don't care about and those could be brought back sometime? I'm sure there are items like this.

Why are we petitioning items that we don't care about be brought back? Shouldn't we be asking for items with a significant value and classes to be brought back? That seems to be what the pro-rare-comeback supporters seem to want.

----

@Swordsman of Worlds

Choice-locked shops are as, if not even more pointless than Rares. Access to allegiance-based shops should be accessible based on your current allegiance. Switching allegiances isn't free so you shouldn't be locked out of a shop based on a one-time choice.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 112
4/25/2017 0:47:07   
Aura Knight

Well, the players so against the possible return of rares must have some exceptions. Not all rares are worth the trouble. And those should be the ones to be brought back first, if any are to be brought back at all. I think a few ballyhoo rares should return. As for a class, maybe leprechaun. Is there anything that says we can't have two seasonal classes to an event?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 113
4/25/2017 1:01:39   
zanathos

Seeing as how Mogloween has Pumpkinlord and Evolved Pumpkinlord (serious bummer that Evolved is mem-only), I'd think not
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 114
4/25/2017 1:52:03   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Aura Knight

Most rare collectors favor Rares above all else, so it's unlikely that any of these items are something that they would be willing to give up.

In order for any item to come back there needs to be a valid reason for the devs to make this decision. Those who have participated in this discussion have given valid reasons as to why all classes, or at least skill sets should return. The same goes for canonical items.

There are some items that shouldn't be touched no matter what people are asking for. Stuff like Alpha items, Star Swords, calendar items, Naval Commanders, etc should not be up for question. The claims that those items belong to those who were around during that time makes sense. We should respect the wishes of those who want to keep those items theirs. Other Rare items should never have gone rare and be available to anyone willing to obtain them through legitimate means. The latter is what we're discussing since there is room for change there.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 115
4/25/2017 2:02:34   
Aura Knight

So, would rares from past Birthday events be ones to consider? Not just AQW birthdays, but staff birthdays too, if they have items I mean. I think any crossover events that have gone rare should be experienced again by those who wish to. One that comes to mind is the ebilcorp war, but I believe this was part of a birthday event. Still, it had items from all games and I don't have anything against letting newer players experience events of the past. Especially something as large as that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 116
4/25/2017 2:07:19   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@above

Rares from past events are a tricky topic. I'm inclined to say yes because it's part of AE's history, which is something that everyone should have the opportunity of experiencing. As for the events themselves and the classes featured, that's a definite yes for reasons that I've previously explained.

----

I'm really hoping that the devs are looking at this thread and are at least considering the idea. We may only be a small portion of the community, but we're still a portion of the community nonetheless. Our opinions must project the opinions of the rest of the community to a certain degree. This thread represents both those who are in favor of certain Rares returning and those who would prefer that they don't return. There must be some compromise to make both parties happy.

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 4/25/2017 2:14:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 117
4/25/2017 2:10:23   
megakyle777

Personally, I'm in the "Bring Literaly Everything Back" camp, but I'm willing to admit the only people in this camp are me and a moglin I made up to not feel lonely.
DF  Post #: 118
4/25/2017 2:17:05   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@above

If the only camps are "Bring Literally Everything Back" and "Don't Bring A Single Item Back", I'm definitely with you. However, if there was a "Bring Only Certain Items Back" I would be there.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 119
4/25/2017 2:23:40   
Aura Knight

quote:

Rares from past events are a tricky topic. I'm inclined to say yes because it's part of AE's history, which is something that everyone should have the opportunity of experiencing. As for the events themselves and the classes featured, that's a definite yes for reasons that I've previously explained.

I wouldn't even know where to begin. We've had so many rare events and items over the years. Which ones are worth returning, and which ones should stay rare? With everyone's views different, what I wouldn't mind seeing return could find strong opposition from certain parties. The only things I'm 100% in support of bringing back are classes. Sure, I want this because I missed them, but I also think those older classes wouldn't have much impact on the game so bringing them back shouldn't upset the balance of classes. I question the existence of such a thing though.

And if the items from rare events aren't an option, why not bring back the maps themselves? If nothing else, at least new players can experience the quests. If future players are allowed to experience past events from when AQW was in its prime (whenever that was), then maybe they'll have a reason to keep playing.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 120
4/25/2017 13:21:25   
ShadowMoon

quote:

Here's the thing, HeroMart items never actually go rare. If you have a code you can still redeem it and obtain the items. I bought the 2012 AE calendar about 3 years after the items had gone "rare" and i was still able to obtain everything upon entering the code.

actually hero mart items follows the definition of rare more so then any of the other "rares" in this game
quote:

coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon:
a rare disease; His visits are rare occasions.
thinly distributed over an area; few and widely separated:
Lighthouses are rare on that part of the coast.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
4/25/2017 19:41:08   
juanz1996

@Christophoses

First i wanna say i enjoy this moments of discussions here since i dont always have the oportunnity to discuss about aqw cuz as pain me to say it there isnt too much time to do it when playing aqw, farming gets in the way all the time lol. But going to the point as i really like to discuss about if rare are right or wrong or what should be or not, we have already achieved the purpose of the thread and have come with good ideas for it (i wanna see a variety of rares that arent maybe really iconic but are very cool to come back in for of farm process!). so for that this is the last response about this. We can for sure try it another time

quote:

Second, the points I'm making aren't based on morals, they're based on logic. Creating an artificial rarity for an item with infinite units is illogical since there are no actual limitations around these items.

Totally irrelevant the fact there are no actual limitations. rares are not designed to be somehow "logical" they are here because they bring another form of variety when it comes about what an items is or what the item do. What im trying to say is rares bring some kind of variety to the game they arent designed based on digital units or the thing you were trying to say(trust me my english sometimes is not on my side lol)

quote:

So why create this rarity if there's no valid purpose for doing so.

You do not need a valid reason only the desire to create different types of objects and that not all share the same availability, is as a way to give variety to the game and that is totally acceptable.

About the fact that rare a core design i was wrong, totally wrong.

quote:

Because other than those who helped fund the game in its earliest stages what makes anyone else so special? People who started playing the game 3 years ago, for example, are no more important than those who started playing yesterday. If people are willing to support the game in order to obtain the items they want why shouldn't they have the opportunity to do so?

an item doesnt make you special or if i have lot of rares(i do) doenst make me more special or anything.
I do not support at all the whole matter that "new players should .., new players would have ..." as well as someone who played 8 years and one who started yesterday none is more special. In fact i only defend my position just because i find it logical not because is a personal inconvenient for me(and trust me a have very valuable rares lol).
That somebody old I have rares and I do not want that one that just beginning I have them has nothing to do with that one is more special than another one. Even when someone does create this for your personal convenience(those are like the players that feels more special for certain cirscunstancies)

About the times gates comment(dont wanna quote to make this shorter).
You are returned confusing what has to be fair with what is a function of the game that does not affect those who play.from when the fact that you lost an item gives you the right (knowing they are rares) to claim it? And it does not have to do with being fair or anything is just someone who wants something that he lost because he was busy living his life and not playing the game, and lets not forged that most rares are in not way going to change your experience in the game, classes are otehr thing for sure as a few more other items but what they are? the 5%/100%?

So coming to the start of the comment i really not going to keep the re-post here because this is at least pointless when the topic has already been answered in very good ways. but we have a good time doing it so no regrets about that.

AQW  Post #: 122
4/25/2017 22:20:34   
Aura Knight

quote:

I do not support at all the whole matter that "new players should .., new players would have ..."

Well there's nothing wrong with not supporting such a thing. I do disagree though. For players to have a good understanding of a game, don't they have to experience everything or at least some variation of that? This doesn't mean everyone should have access to all items that have ever been created as there should be some mementos for the players who did play through the original events.

However, to deny a new player the experience is a great way to make them lose interest in this game. Now, I don't enjoy playing this game, but I haven't quit yet. And this is because I know that while some events are not to my liking, there are others that really impress me. If current events in game are of a lesser quality than older ones, that would only help prove that the game is not worth playing. And though I don't consider AQW an amazing game, it does have its moments. I was just lucky enough to experience those. Some of these past moments came with amazing items and I have no objections to allowing new players to experience them too.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 4/25/2017 22:21:11 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 123
4/25/2017 23:09:39   
juanz1996

quote:

However, to deny a new player the experience is a great way to make them lose interest in this game. Now, I don't enjoy playing this game, but I haven't quit yet. And this is because I know that while some events are not to my liking, there are others that really impress me. If current events in game are of a lesser quality than older ones, that would only help prove that the game is not worth playing. And though I don't consider AQW an amazing game, it does have its moments. I was just lucky enough to experience those. Some of these past moments came with amazing items and I have no objections to allowing new players to experience them too.

"However, to deny a new player the experience is a great way to make them lose interest in this game"
That is a nice thing to say i agree definitely however this doesnt apply to new players: you really think a new player come(when they start the game) to see what they have missed? that doesnt happend new player try to understand the new game and become better etc etc, they probably dont even go to the forum. Is not like new players will feel betrayed or something else for a game when they never really played wherever a new player should face when coming to here is not about fair or any other thing someone may say. On the other hand i really see aqw fails a LOT to keep new players (i actually working on a long but loong post in the sugestion about this matter), when we remember with an smile in the face that older players arent more special than new ones we should remember that new player arent special neither. Besides think about it a sec, how many players you think come to wikidot to see a rare item and say "common im gonna quit this game", or wherever version of that same history, same goes to classes and other stuff. If someone quits because he/she see that they cant get something rare well, that person should think again why is he playing the game. This tension we see in the thread as far as i have see doesnt really matter that much when people are playing , for sure there is the comment " i miss dark caster etc etc etc" but that is never a final factor to make someone quit the game, this is easy to see when you ask people why they really quit the game and rares classes an a few rares are never really that troublesome for those.

On the other hand it sad me to say i wont be able to answer you anymore as i say in my previous comment, i quitting this great talks we have here since is becoming more like just chatting than about the thread, even if is somehow related(an being honest i feeling lazy about answering always too). however im going to do a new sugestion for new players thread in the future( study and live in the way) about ideas in that matter (long long post) we may continue some ideas there. feel free to give me your last comment about this.

< Message edited by juanz1996 -- 4/25/2017 23:20:01 >
AQW  Post #: 124
4/26/2017 1:08:12   
TsumetheWolf

They have brought back previously rare events; albeit without the items they originally had.
The Friday the 13th events (although those are locked off for free-players until it's a Friday 13th, whereas members can access them all year-round) and the DvN war, as well as a variant of the They Might Be Giants event. And there was a war that came back for a very short while at one point. I've forgotten the name of it, but it was the one where the Massive Horc Cleaver came from.

I am supportive of this idea, especially if the team need more time to prepare a weekly release or finish off the server rewrite. While there are some events that they cannot bring back due to circumstances outside their control such as the Fear Chaser event; it would be fun to see how players who missed the 10th Anniversary/Ebilcorp War react to that storyline.
It was a really fun and enjoyable time, i'm sure players wouldn't mind playing through it if the extra time was needed by the staff.

There are other events or maps that I feel would be candidates for this: The Darkovia Brawl map, as i've been told by some friends who used to play it, was apparently a fun place to go. It would be nice to preserve it, as opposed to it being forgotten forever. I can't think of any other maps/events off the top of my head.

Due to players purchasing items, or farming them from the events when they were originally there, I assume those would not return. They could always create some new or reimagined items if they do return, like the Collector event. That leads back to the variants idea again...
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition