Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/28/2017 2:23:53   
Ninjaty

A little disclaimer, before we continue the dance. I am well aware that this thread is about "some" and not "all" rares. The reasons my arguments are so broad here, is simply because of the vagueness. Since I do not know if "some" simple means those with rarity tags other than "Rare Rarity" or not, I assume that it can simply mean both, hence why I am so defensive, given that the staff has already declared "Rare Rarity" to be an assurance that the item will not return.

quote:

This example is inapplicable to the discussion at hand. End-game items require a lot of time and effort to farm but very few of them ever go rare, so you have every opportunity to obtain them and take as long as you want to do so. Furthermore, items would never go from end-game to 0 gold, or rather gold at all. They wouldn't even be available for ACs.

And this is what you fail to get: They are the exact same as rares, just for a different kind of player. The end game items appeal to a certain kind of player, just like rares do, and if they just became available for 0 gold, they would lose their value to those players, just like a rare returning at all.

They are the exact same kind of item, they each appeal to a different group and depending on the circumstances, are equally inaccessible to other groups. Some people would want to have the end game items, but due to work or other circumstances, will never in their lifetime have the time needed to obtain them. If the end game items became available through a 0 gold option, they would lose all their reason for existing, and stop appealing to the specific individuals that actually want long-term farming challenges. Just as how, if a rare returned, it would stop appealing to the people that specifically collect the rare, and who have already attached a lot of emotion to them.
quote:

I'm sure that telling players who missed out on an item that they will never be able to obtain said item is a much better solution to keeping the community whole. If I had a dollar for every time that a war was started in Yulgar over rare items I would be rich. Bringing back certain rares would benefit a significantly larger portion of the community than it would "harm".

Absolutely, it would, but with that mentality, no individual player group should ever have any content specifically for them. No more end-game farming items, no more PvP content, etc.. That would be the equality way of doing things; to take an equal amount away from every group, and just assign it to the "everyone can have this easily" pool. But that would hurt the community too, so you are fine with rare collectors suffering for you to earn things, but would likely never make the same thing happen to your group.
quote:

You don't seem to acknowledge that I have said multiple times that ONLY SPECIFIC items would return. Rare collectors would still have stuff to "value".

As for "respecting" rare collectors, I can't find it in myself to value a portion of the community that finds joy in others not being able to obtain specific items. That's egotistical and takes away from the fun of the game.

As long as no items that, through their rarity tag or word-of-staff have been stated to be perma rare, everything is alright. But if you move into the territory of things that have specifically been confirmed as perma rare, that is when it stops being a friendly request and turns into a downright war declaration.

Oh, so while we respect you enough to just want what the staff has given us, and would never in our worst nightmare dream of taking anything the staff has given you away, you are perfectly willing to take our slice of the cake away, just so you can have that little bit more? THAT is what sounds greedy to me. I just want to be able to live in peace with the items I have been so generously gifted, without their value being taken away. I'm not asking for other groups to have the value of their items taken away, just so I can have them.

Threads like this, which propose to take something that has already been assigned to one player group, make it useless to that group, and then give it to the others, THAT takes the fun away too, but not in a way that hurts you specifically, and thus it's apparently fine. I'm guessing the game is only being ruined when it affects your group or you specifically, but when it affects another group you don't care about or care to understand, everything is for the best.
quote:

I honestly don't know why you keep bringing this up. End-game items have nothing to do with rares. Difficulty and accessibility are two completely different discussions.

No, they aren't, unless you claim that everyone in the world can play the game 24/7 without any consequences. An item that takes you a month to farm for, can take someone else the rest of their life to farm for, or they may never even be able to obtain it at all, regardless of how much they try, because they simply don't have as fortunate circumstances as you.

When you view it through the eyes of such people, that item may as well be locked behind a wall that cannot be broken down. Sounds familiar? In the eyes of someone who is not as fortunate as yourself, an end-game item they want, may as well be something that they just weren't around to obtain, like a rare, because they will never get their hands on them.

Unless all items in the game could be obtained within seconds of creating your character, things will never be within reach of everyone. There will always be someone who misses out, no matter what, rare or not.
quote:

Valuing an item's rarity over its quality is an insult to the devs that design items.

I don't do that, but I simply cannot appreciate it's quality UNTIL it is rare. Once it is, I can assure you, I appreciate it for all of it's features.
quote:

No, I'm saying that the mentality of "Ihave something you can't get" doesen't overule those who just want to have the items they want and are willing to obtain them through ligitimate means.

And again, we all miss out on stuff and we always will. That doesn't mean the item should be changed from it's current state, just so someone else can obtain it, who it would otherwise be inaccessible to. If the item had to change on that premise alone, then any items that requires any amount of effort to obtain, would similarly need to be made fully accessible to everyone (meaning it couldn't require any effort at all; aka. 0 gold).

An end-game item can be just as inaccessible to someone without time, as a rare is to someone who wasn't there at the right time. Therefore, there will always be people who will miss out on both, no matter what, and therefore, according to your argument, these should be treated equally in that regard, so that all people can enjoy them equally.

An end-game farming item without any farming at all, is what a rare is without it's rarity. It's something that betrays it's reason for existing in the first place, and no longer appeals to the specific target audience the staff had given the item to.
quote:

That doesn't mean people should never have the chance of obtaining the items they want.

Nor does it mean they should. Just as if I don't do the farming for an end-game item, I don't deserve to have it, I don't deserve a rare item either, if I wasn't around to getting it. Getting the item "legitimately" is to get it through it's intended way of being obtained, whether that includes having hundreds of hours to spend, or having to be in the right place at the right time.

Since an end-game farming item is intended to take farming to obtain, that is it's legitimate way of being obtained. So placing it in a shop for just 0 gold, undermindes that entire obtaining method, just as being able to obtain a rare at all after it has left.

Until such a time where everyone in real life can deserve to have something, just by virtue of wanting it, there is no reason to apply that logic to the game either. Whether an item is locked behind a wall of farming that the individual can never in their lifetime climb over, or whether it required being present at a given point in time, the point remains the same. We can't all have what we want.

Even I have rares I would give my left hand to obtain, both in real life and in this game. But unlike you, I care enough for the original owners of it, that I would never want it at the expense of their happiness.
quote:

I love items that have canonical significance, yet I can't obtain some of them due to artificial rarity. As such, your interest becomes the detriment to my own interest and those of many other players. There's a problem here. In your opinion, how should we solve it?

And this is where we are in the completely same boat. Your interest in canonical items, if you because of that want a perma rare to be re-released, is detrimental to the interests of the many rare collectors with said item. You are proposing that their happiness doesn't matter, as long as you get what you want.

There is no perfect way to fix it, and that is also my point. Like I have said, there are rares I would love to obtain as well, but simply can't. I would never be able to live with myself, if I had to take that item away from someone else, make it worthless to them, just so I could have it. Once something has been given to a group, I think it is morally corrupt to even so much as entertain the thought of taking it away again.

Why can we not just be happy with what we have each been given? Why must someone always try to take something away from others, just so that someone can have a little bit more themselves? Why must someone try to increase their own happiness, without caring for others?
quote:

We're talking about a pixelated item that has an infinite supply if certain code is written. There is no legitimate rarity to these items. We're not talking about finite resources like platinum or diamonds. Rare items are only created to create barriers. We're talking about artificial rarity.

Vector graphics do not contain pixels, sorry. And that has nothing to do with anything. Diamonds themselves are in way shortage either, but have been made to appear as such, so that is artificial rarity as well, yet they are still perceived by the masses to be desirable.

It doesn't matter if it's a virtual item or not. All that matters is whether or not two or more people can look at the screen, and see the same item. As long as items hold value in-game, they can hold value to the gamer. Humans can attach feelings to anything they can comprehend, it doesn't matter whether it's virtual or physical, inanimate or alive. All that matters is that the human can comprehend it, and that they are capable of emotions at any capacity.

My love for rares is greater than my love for some of the people I have known in my life. Whether you take away my pet or my rares, the end result could well be the same. I love and care for both.

And besides, the whole "it's only virtual, it's only artificial" argument works in both ways as well. If that is truly how you feel about these things, then you have even less of an argument for your side, as the items shouldn't mean much to you anyway. So why are you so insistent on gaining something you can like, if you have to take it away from someone who could instead love it?
quote:

Having a specific item that nobody else can obtain and wanting it to stay that way does, unfortunately, sound greedy. It promotes exclusivity instead of inclusivity.

Your arguments are greedy too, friend, just from a different perspective. As long as even a single player stands to lose something, just so you can have it, it will never be a selfless act in any capacity. A selfless person would rather that the current owner continues to enjoy the item, than ever consider taking it for their own enjoyment.

Am I greedy in wanting to keep my items? Yes, I am, it just depends on the perspective. Greed is a selfish attribute, and it is selfish to want anything in life, including to continue living. We are all greedy, we are all selfish.

But I would rather be greedy in trying to protect something I have been given, than being greedy in trying to take something from someone else, just to obtain it for myself, as that is also a detrimental concept to the community; not respecting people enough to let them retain their items as they are.

I haven't played the game in a few days now, simply because threads like this one tends to make me depressed. They seem to pop up so often, and quite frankly, they're taking their toll on me. I look at my rares in sadness, thinking I can start losing them all, the same way I would look at family members during a war or plague. I have tried to distance myself from the game, because I genuinely can't even look at my character or it's inventory right now.

This carries into my real life, and actually affects my job, simply because when I collect things, I put my heart and soul into that collection. This is not just a thread to me, this is a threat to me. It's something that keeps me up at night, it's something that makes me worried what I will find the next day.

You have said that my collecting of rares is detrimental to your happiness. Well, your opposition to the staff keeping their word on the rarity tag, is detrimental to my health, happiness and everything in-between.

That is why I over and over, state that I wish people would just be happy with what I have.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 4/28/2017 2:39:10 >
Post #: 126
4/28/2017 2:42:08   
Aura Knight

quote:

Why can we not just be happy with what we have each been given? Why must someone always try to take something away from others, just so that someone can have a little bit more themselves? Why must someone try to increase their own happiness, without caring for others?
We could be happy with what we have but a lot of us desire things we can't or don't have. In this case, when we're considering the return of some rares, the only thing that is taken away is the exclusivity which has sentimental value for some people. Why must we try to increase our own happiness at the expense of someone else? Because we're greedy and jealous. Why am I not allowed to experience the same thing as someone else? Because I wasn't there at the time and I don't deserve to? I find such a thing unfair, but I don't completely disagree. This is why I've been mentioning variants of items as opposed to the actual return of the same items that have gone rare. I believe this is a fair compromise as long as the variant doesn't make the actual rare obsolete.

quote:

My love for rares is greater than my love for some of the people I have known in my life.
But these are just items in a game. While there isn't anything wrong with enjoying items you get in games, I think it becomes a problem when someone obsesses over such things. At some point, this becomes an addiction and I can't imagine such a thing being good.

quote:

I haven't played the game in a few days now, simply because threads like this one tends to make me depressed. They seem to pop up so often, and quite frankly, they're taking their toll on me. I look at my rares in sadness, thinking I can start losing them all, the same way I would look at family members during a war or plague. I have tried to distance myself from the game, because I genuinely can't even look at my character or it's inventory right now.

This carries into my real life, and actually affects my job, simply because when I collect things, I put my heart and soul into that collection. This is not just a thread to me, this is a threat to me. It's something that keeps me up at night, it's something that makes me worried what I will find the next day.

You have said that my collecting of rares is detrimental to your happiness. Well, your opposition to the staff keeping their word on the rarity tag, is detrimental to my health, happiness and everything in-between.

That is why I over and over, state that I wish people would just be happy with what I have.

Are items in a game really that serious? Seems like rares are only causing problems. Maybe it's time to stop collecting rares and be happy with ones you already have. If the fear of rares losing their rarities is causing this much stress for you, maybe you have too many and should stop buying more.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 4/28/2017 2:48:10 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 127
4/28/2017 2:48:05   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

I've been skimming through these pages, and it just seems to me that people are spending too much time writing up long, convoluted paragraphs on cosmetic items in a game.

My opinion is this: Rares are just more items in the game, that just happen to not be obtainable. There will be more rares created every week. In a way, they are like non-rare items, since there is a steady stream of them coming. If you missed some rares, there are more being made at the moment, and they'll be released next Friday. Rare classes don't bother me that much, since there will always be more made, and there are many good non-rare classes available. Personally, I don't care that much for the looks of rares, since I change what my character wears very frequently, and the rare items I do have either get sold or shoved in the bank forever, which makes me wonder why I even got them in the first place. I don't think that the staff should eliminate rares at all. For some people, part of the fun of a game is owning rare items. Those items should never come back.

Also,
quote:

My love for rares is greater than my love for some of the people I have known in my life. Whether you take away my pet or my rares, the end result could well be the same. I love and care for both.

I think you might need to reevaluate some of your priorities a bit.
AQW  Post #: 128
4/28/2017 3:05:14   
Ninjaty

quote:

We could be happy with what we have but a lot of us desire things we can't or don't have. In this case, when we're considering the return of some rares, the only thing that is taken away is the exclusivity which has sentimental value for some people. Why must we try to increase our own happiness at the expense of someone else? Because we're greedy and jealous. Why am I not allowed to experience the same thing as someone else? Because I wasn't there at the time and I don't deserve to? I find such a thing unfair, but I don't completely disagree. This is why I've been mentioning variants of items as opposed to the actual return of the same items that have gone rare. I believe this is a fair compromise as long as the variant doesn't make the actual rare obsolete.

As long as a variant has some differences to tell it apart, I have no problem with them either. My post was not directed at you specifically, and I do agree that variants could well be a fair compromise.

I know I often stand out on these forums, because my selfish tendencies contrasts so much with the general consensus of this community, but I really just want for us all to be as happy as possible, without any group feeling singled out as one to be picked on for their stuff.
quote:

But these are just items in a game. While there isn't anything wrong with enjoying items you get in games, I think it becomes a problem when someone obsesses over such things. At some point, this becomes an addiction and I can't imagine such a thing being good.

I do agree that it may not be the healthiest thing in the world, but the effects are only felt when the concept is disturbed. For the rest of the time, I can be happy, both with my character and with my existence. To me, my collection is not just stuff in a game, it's treasures in my life.
quote:

Are items in a game really that serious? Seems like rares are only causing problems. Maybe it's time to stop collecting rares and be happy with ones you already have. If the fear of rares losing their rarities is causing this much stress for you, maybe you have too many and should stop buying more.

Ever since the Buyback shop was introduced, I only purchased 1 or 2 AC rares, as I consider the new AC rares to be a gamble at this point. There is no way for me to tell how many people have access to rares, when the shop can be so thouroughly exploited, so I simply stay away from them.

My concerns are with the items I already have. Since my existing rares are now more or less the only ones I will have, save for the occasional LQS I happen to find to my liking, I can now for the most part only watch as my collection decreases, if rares are directly returned to the game. They will lose their value to me, which in turn will leave a void where my love for them used to be; a void caused by loss, something I will mourn.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 4/28/2017 3:07:01 >
Post #: 129
4/28/2017 13:02:48   
aaronarco

@Ninjaty

wat. I've read most of your quoted(by other members) and tbh, it disturbs me.
I've been a bum for some time now, being spoonfed and repaying my fam by being a housekeeper, I couldn't care less about anything than my family. And to hear you, you value some rares than people?
lmao, i've been useless and been an AQW player and never will I value a rare over a bunny or even a criminal.

My priority for now is non-mem voucher, not rares, and for almost 2months of farming, I still can't get that thing, but if you offer me to trade a nonmem voucher (or for you is a endeared "rare") for a void in my heart? Hell naw. A rare losing its value will make you sad?

WHUUUUUUUT. Are you an NPC or something? Look, if you read my other suggestions and considerations (tho in my heart I'm team Bring Everything Back) of having rares return, I have consistently considered the rare collectors that may be "cray" about their collection. But never will I encounter you, being all
quote:

To me, my collection is not just stuff in a game, it's treasures in my life

but this time, I may have considered "too much" because this isn't "maybe unhealthy" but this is cancer. I may have not finished my Psychology degree yet but I really think YOU should reconsider your life. If AQW would recolor your treasured rares and sell it for 25 gold coins? I bet you would lose a percent of your HP mr. NPC.

Alina's pinned tweet is that AE is anti-bullying and I am too, this is merely a wake-up message that you need to hug your mom more and play sports.

PS. Dear Moderators, ArchKnights and alike, I'm sorry in advance for the foreseen edits and censor of you, I kindly did my best to tone it down* for I really am weirded out by our hero. I humbly accept your edits. Peace.

< Message edited by aaronarco -- 4/28/2017 13:05:39 >
Post #: 130
4/28/2017 22:12:57   
orc orc orc

I've been quite on a hiatus, but I'd like to share my thoughts.

As someone who makes art myself, I do understand how it feels to have put in so much effort and creativity into an armor set or a class, just to have it removed from the game later. And given all the rebalancing and testing involved in making classes, it feels like a waste to isolate them from a large portion of the playerbase.

I believe there should be fewer rares and more permanent content. The recent releases have done a pretty good job in balancing out rare and perment content. The idea of limiting rares into recolors or CC variants such as Chromatic X Terminator is amazing (imo) as they may be significant to those who prefer their respective colors or the ability to color customize while the art can still be appreciated by newer players. I also like the increase of non-rare AC items. Most AC items have been rares recently and the lack of AC options during Rare item 'droughts' is something to be considered. The past few years were incredibly heavy on rares, which did matter as much of the art could've been used for permanent content.

Speaking of classes, I think it's time AE stops releasing rare classes, and brings back existing rare classes in some form. It's not a new concept for rare skillsets to return. They did it with VoT in the form of Collector (albeit with a few tweaks) and it went pretty fine. While these classes may no longer be necessary due to the existence of alternatives, the fun factor, niches, and skillset variety brought by them as well as the effort required to make them, are things to be considered. I don't think it's a good idea to release a rare class and then release a stronger class to 'replace' it. AE has been doing this for years and power creep has become a major issue while older classes have been largely neglected. Plus, too many classes can cause issues in balance.

I'm also into bringing back rare iconic items. AE did bring back the Undead Paladin set and the outcome wasn't that bad. A safer way to do this (imo) is to release an item with the same design and name, but different art, similar to revamps. If the rare item is CC, releasing a non-AC variant may be feasible, too. That way, the value of the rare variants won't be compromised. A non-CC Legacy of Nulgath anyone?

I don't see the purpose of rare boss drops. Sure, it's a way to get more players logging in for the first few weeks after release but it's detrimental in the long-run (imo) due to the loss of potential permanent farming content that could have kept newer players engaged as well.

Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing back all of my rares. Some of them have amazing art and it's saddening that future players won't get to fully experience them. That's just my personal opinion though.
Post #: 131
4/29/2017 3:39:34   
holyangeman

My thanatos armor and other awesome items that have 50percent boosts.. ... I didnt have ac or membership that time i was too young...that i hope aqw understands... Now it just left with that hard to farm sepulchure armor... Too hard to farm and i m bored
Post #: 132
4/29/2017 8:21:58   
XeNON_54

@holyangeman
Isn't Thanatos recently given an AC tag?
If you can't find it in the buy-back shop then you should try re-farming for it.
Post #: 133
4/29/2017 12:13:49   
Doxus the OverLord

To solve the rare-item issue, why not staff starting polls asking what people want to come back?
Maybe voting for 10 items and bringing half of them back.
Let the community vote, let the community decide. No need to enter discussions and other things.
Isn't feedback that staff wants? Why not hearing the feedback directly from a poll?
Post #: 134
4/29/2017 13:59:52   
Aura Knight

I hope we can all agree rare classes should no longer be a thing. At least not permanent rare. Seasonal is fine but that's where I'd draw the line. The ones we missed, we can't have but I am hoping at some point we can get variants of such classes. It might be simpler to do that than it is to create brand new classes as all that would need to be done are some tweaks to skills as opposed to making new skills entirely.

I too think it would be okay if there was some kind of poll where we decide what to bring back, but the chosen items will have to be altered to not cause problems for those that have the originals, even though I still couldn't care less about the opinions of such individuals. Still, no need to ruin someone else's happiness just to make myself happy I suppose.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 135
5/2/2017 23:03:35   
luxfr

There are some items tagged rare for some reason, such as the Red Pirate armor. Will they really gonna be rare?

I totally agree that classes shouldn't go rare, actually some duplicates with different names (Like The Collector class) would be nice, too. Continuing on classes, I think they should be all tagged AC, because nobody likes to delete a class after it's ranked up to 10, some of them require monster drops (Necromancer) so I usually keep them in my inventory never using them, though.
AQW  Post #: 136
5/3/2017 23:50:59   
Ninjaty

quote:

I hope we can all agree rare classes should no longer be a thing. At least not permanent rare. Seasonal is fine but that's where I'd draw the line. The ones we missed, we can't have but I am hoping at some point we can get variants of such classes. It might be simpler to do that than it is to create brand new classes as all that would need to be done are some tweaks to skills as opposed to making new skills entirely.

If we could just eliminate the unique skillsets, while still preserving a perma rare variant of a given class, wouldn't that be enough to satisfy people? While even this feels like giving up a lot, could be be acceptable?

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 5/4/2017 0:08:16 >
Post #: 137
5/4/2017 0:24:32   
Aura Knight

I was thinking of something similar to how VoT and Collector work. Class skills are given different values while still retaining the style of the original. Icons are different too. As long as there's a way to tell the difference between the two kind of classes, I'd be okay with it. The only thing I'd want is a chance to try out certain skillsets I may have missed and I'm sure others want the same.

In the past we've had classes given a (rare) addition to their names, or renamed classic too.

quote:

If we could just eliminate the unique skillsets, while still preserving a perma rare variant of a given class
What do you mean by eliminating the skillsets?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 138
5/4/2017 0:35:28   
TsumetheWolf

@Ninjaty- Pinkomancer and Pink Romancer both did this- based off Necromancer and Pyromancer respectively. Other classes offered in the 'pink shops' such as Sakura Cryomancer, Troubador of Love and Battlemage of Love are different in that they have not had skills renamed, it's just a change of visuals.

Oh, and then there was the Chaos Orb cape that cost 5k, giving access to the Chaos Champion Prime class amongst other items. According to the wiki page, that gives 5% extra exp and damage toward Chaos-type mobs. I liked the idea behind it, I just didn't have the ACs spare at the time, otherwise i'd have bought that. Perhaps more themed and somewhat-different versions of non-rare classes could be eligible for packages such as this in the future. (Perhaps for special events?)

I'm not opposed to this idea, the opposite of the variants of rare classes. If a class such as this, with skills based off of existing classes was announced, and confirmed multiple times to be a permanent rare (just to ensure that no-one would miss that reminder)... I'm sure people would consider purchasing it.
In fact, if it was a class that's original version was non-AC, and this variant was tagged as such then I myself would likely consider buying it (the benefit of having a bankable version of a non-AC class in the days of limited space!).

And back to the original idea of the variants of rare classes: The Collector did do this, and I really do think it would preserve the original classes (so players with the original would still have their exclusive item) while allowing players who may not have experienced the skillset to do so in a slightly different way. Of course, if the art for the variant was different as well, the artist could reimagine the design, or take inspiration from related things-like using the Collector NPC for the class.

< Message edited by TsumetheWolf -- 5/4/2017 0:36:03 >
Post #: 139
5/4/2017 23:58:24   
Fallen Crest

I've stopped buying anything for purely "rare" purposes for about 2 years now (few exceptions).
After almost 9 years of collecting over 700+ rares, I've permanently retired from rare-collecting in this game. One of the largest reasons is that I feel some of the better "art/originals" was from years ago than most of the "copy-paste" they've been doing lately. I definitely don't see my AC's-worth with current-day art for whatever reason like I used to. What's worse is they let me buy all the items I sold over the past nine-years (not saying it's a bad idea, I loved having my old items back) which pretty much stripped any want or need to purchase any copies other than the originals.

I really seem to enjoy rares with quests attached to them, or rares that drop from super-bosses or random rares that drop from random bosses for a limited time around the game. Mainly anything that is not just purchased directly with no added-features to them nowadays.

I also agree with the whole "I don't want classes to go rare thing". I honestly do not give a single care if someone has the same skill set as my rare classes, and I'd rather them enjoy it the same with me. Why? Because the only diversity of gameplay in this very repetitive game is classes for sure.

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 5/5/2017 0:07:23 >
AQW  Post #: 140
5/5/2017 0:43:26   
Iron Volvametal

@orc orc orc

quote:

I'm also into bringing back rare iconic items. AE did bring back the Undead Paladin set and the outcome wasn't that bad.

Why did they bring back some of the Mirror Realm Birthday Event stuff back anyway? And if they brought back the Undead Paladin set, why didn't they bring back Mirror Drakath's Armor, too? And how come there wasn't any backlash about bringing back these rare items(something that seems to get everyone riled up)?

Not complaining, just curious(though, I wish they'd make the rare versions AC-tagged).
AQW  Post #: 141
5/5/2017 1:46:41   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

I have nothing left to contribute to this conversation partially because everything has been said and also because I can't/shouldn't. At this point, whether Rares will return or not is up to the devs. They know our stances on this topic and will make a decision as they see fit. Feel free to continue this conversation, though.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 142
5/5/2017 10:36:11   
Doxus the OverLord

I'll repeat what I think about:

This topic should be voted in a poll.

Make a poll, choose the items, let the community vote. If it isn't the case of bringing back the items. So, ok, end of conversation.
Post #: 143
5/7/2017 3:57:21   
Aura Knight

I'm curious about the dark caster. When the armor was first released, was there any mention of it being a requirement to obtain a class? Or did that come later, when the armor went rare? If it's the latter I can't consider such a thing fair.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 144
5/7/2017 8:50:41   
Bailey Hudson

Seriously, i don't see the point in this topic *laughs* from the start of this topic it seems most of you guys here are being jealousy of some items especially 2008 items to probably 2010 items. AQW isn't the first MMO having a lot of rares items.. i believe these rare items had a chance given to players who were around at that time whom probably they refused to buy them because they did thought it was worthless etc that suppose to be their personal reason which it shouldn't be affected to the game.

So in conclusion, stop being jealous over people's account and stop char paging people's accounts because they do have Rares.

Jealousy

Edit: I agree if from today AQW Team are gonna start making items rare if only the item deserves it but but bringing back older items won't change anything just gonna cause conflicts between players and that may result in a downfall.. these days people do cherish their money a lot.

Post #: 145
5/7/2017 10:43:58   
Doxus the OverLord

Just a thing to add:

Quibble's rares are said that is time-travel rares, so it come from somewhere in the time (future, past) and bring the items to sell to us.
This is said through DNs since Quibble's rares are shown. So, if the problem is bringing back rares and stuff, maybe a way to solve the problem is bringing only Quibble's Rares.

Anyway, my point of view about this topic is that staff should choose a set number of items and let the community vote for what should return.
About the rare items, I REALLY don't care about rares-aesthetics, I just think classes shouldn't stay rares. Just the classes, cuz it affects how you play the game.
If people is about bringing back iconic items related to other AE games and things that could have a substantial relation to Lore so, let the community vote and see what happens.

Maybe if a way of solving it is doing something as it was done with The Collector/VoT. So, it's ok. But please, make it different (rare one different of the non-rare) but not powerless.
Maybe one foccused in support, other in healing, other in DoT.

I'm here against unique skillsets and this going rare.

< Message edited by Doxus the OverLord -- 5/7/2017 10:49:08 >
Post #: 146
5/7/2017 12:03:03   
Aura Knight

Because they can affect gameplay, the only things I'd like to see return in some way are class skillsets. I care very little for items that only look nice and do nothing else. Armors don't do anything, with exception to the ones that provide some boost, and even those aren't always worth having. Having variants of classes may just be the most fair way to do things. I'm assuming it doesn't take too long to adjust some things on rare classes to make new variants and I'd say as long as the difference between the rare version and this new proposed version is noticeable, what's the problem? I still want to know if there was mention in the design notes on whether or not dark caster armor would be used to get a class. Haven't found anything yet but maybe I haven't looked in the right place.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 147
5/10/2017 16:05:33   
ShadowMoon

quote:

quote:

If we could just eliminate the unique skillsets, while still preserving a perma rare variant of a given class

What do you mean by eliminating the skillsets?

i think he means, to stop giving rare classes exclusive skill sets and make them all clones.
which would actually be for the best.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Reevaluating the Rarity of Certain Items
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition