Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Am I not doing this right?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Help and Support] >> AQ Questions/Answers >> Am I not doing this right?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2017 9:48:30   
Nopamine

I should say a few things before linking my character sheet.

I can't access my original forum account. I forgot the password and the forum sent an email to my Google account, which I can't access because it wants me to use a phone that doesn't work anymore. I'm locked out of my Google account, so I'm locked out of the forum account connected to the character whose page I'm about to link to you.

As far as the absurd amount of gold I have, I spent A LOT of time in Lazy Quest. I usually deposit both of my characters there via two separate internet browsers (is this cheating? If it is, I'll stop) when I go to sleep, so yeah.

Anyway, here's my Character Sheet. Did I set my stats up wrong? I'm going for a Pure Warrior build, but I don't feel like I'm doing the kind of damage I should be doing with 200 STR. Are there any items I need to give this character some gusto? Or do I need to change my build to something more effective? Please, let me know.

http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=2481308
Post #: 1
4/21/2017 10:12:59   
Silver Sky Magician

OK, basics of AQ:

1. Get level-appropriate gear that defends and targets every element. Level appropriate gear means gear between Plvl and Plvl - 15. Defends against every element means that you need shields and armours of every element. Targets every element means that you need weapons of every element. In some cases, you may want to include utility equipment. To do so, you should have compression gear in your inventory (i.e. armours and shields that defend equally well against two elements or weapons that can switch elements/ element-seek).

2. Check the 'Toggle Inventory before Battle' option, under Game Options below your SP bar. This is necessary to avoid getting killed if you don't have END.

3. Be familiar with the armour lean system. This ranges from FO (x1.25 player weapon damage but player takes x1.25 monster damage) to FD (x0.8 player weapon damage but player takes x0.8 monster damage). In general, you want to choose FO armours to maximize damage. FD is for people who are more familiar with the game and know how to optimize their inventory. Old armours do not follow the lean system, but some old armours are more offensively oriented than others.

4. Optimise stats. Check the Ultimate Warrior/Mage/Hybrid etc. guides for more details.

What you're doing wrong is your armour inventory - class armours make for terrible weapon damage, and they're not level-appropriate either. Someone else has to give you a full character inventory recommendation, but you should bear these principles in mind to navigate the game.

Lazy Quest is legit, enjoy!

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 4/21/2017 10:13:26 >
Epic  Post #: 2
4/21/2017 10:35:23   
Nopamine

So relying on the Awe set isn't going to get me anywhere.

Good to know! I'll look up some armor sets and get myself some FO. Thanks!

EDIT: I might want to get myself both some FO and FD gear. That way, when my health gets low, I can pop on some FD gear and heal myself up, then swap back to the FO gear and keep dropping the damage. Good thing I bought a Retro Twilly recently.

< Message edited by Nopamine -- 4/21/2017 10:39:35 >
Post #: 3
4/21/2017 11:01:21   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

Nah running both FO and FD isn't really that viable or needed.

If you are worried about HP there are always misc items and HP pots.

The different leans do better with different types of weapons and you couldn't find enough compression to come close to running a full inventory of it. It's nice in theory but can't really be done viably or realistically.

As for the main topic point, as above make sure to check out the guides in the guides section to get basic items suggestions. Weapons, armor and shield for each element is a big issue. Shields can be covered quickly just by looking in town. You can also grab a few basic armors there as well so you can finish quests for better ones.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 4/21/2017 11:06:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/21/2017 11:20:08   
Nopamine

FO it is, then.

I can't decide if I want to go pure warrior or annihilator beast warrior, as having more people than just my character attacking sounds like it'd be useful. I have some pets already, but with 0 CHA, they don't do much. My clone barely ever attacks, and my Retro Twilly rarely heals for more than 30HP/round. Maybe if I went 150 between LUK and ChA, so as to save points for END.

Also, thanks for the swift responses. You guys area amazing.
Post #: 5
4/21/2017 12:15:17   
big E

Ok, first thing, Clone is one of few pets that's still on old standards. That means that not only damage but also attack rate is based on your CHA. Updated pets (which is almost everything at this point) attacks all the time regardless of CHA, though at 200 CHA will deal double the damage of 0 CHA. Sell the Clone and for now, pick up Fairy Godmother from the Guardian shop. One of the best pets around since she toggles between damage, HP heal and MP heal by clicking on her arm.

At your level, I'd recommend staying Pure (or Annihilator) Warrior since LUK and initiative plays a much larger part in the mid-levels than at endgame. Where you are now, lots of monsters still have 0 LUK so if you train yours, you'll get to go first quite a lot which speeds up gameplay a lot. Besides, 50 CHA points won't make a noticeable difference. Once you hit maybe 110-120, monsters will have a lot more LUK, you'll see monsters with more LUK(Edited to remove a redundant case of redundant redundancy which is redundant) and you won't get the initiative as much. Besides you have a lot more stat points to play around with (aside from your 200 STR/DEX which shouldn't be going anywhere.) At that point make the decision whether to keep your LUK or dump it all into CHA.

Adding to what ALX said, Yulgar's shop sells Neutral-lean armors and shields for every element. Since you're essentially devoid of defense at the moment, I'd buy Yulgar's armors and shields for every element except your no-drop element. (Okay, keep OTA but Gyrate should go.) Town shop gear is basic, Neutral-lean with no special effects, but it'll get you sorted defensively for now so that you can attempt quests for more advanced, FO gear.

FYI, these are the best available FO armors right now. I wouldn't attempt to get any of them until you have a Yulgar armor for each element.

Fire - Overlord armor (Travel Map -> Alnaphar)
Water - no available FO right now, set your no-drops to Water
Wind - TC Rex Rider, seasonally available in Grenwog festival so grab it before it disappears
Ice - HS Void Vigilante (10th Anniv quest)
Earth - Rust Raider (War of the Giants) or Warg Rider (Pounding the Poachers) (Seeking the Seekers - thanks, Kaizoku!)
Energy - Taladosian set (Travel Map; read up on the boss's attacking pattern before attempting)
Light - Solaris Plate (Travel map)
Darkness - Angel of Souls (Death's Domain, this quest takes a LONG time)

< Message edited by big E -- 4/21/2017 12:37:56 >
AQ  Post #: 6
4/21/2017 12:20:47   
Kaizoku

^
Warg Rider is from Seeking the Seekers, not Pounding the Poachers
AQ DF  Post #: 7
4/21/2017 12:32:54   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

quote:

Light - Solaris Plate (strong and spammable nuking skill but worse defense) or Osiris armor (Warlic -> MC sets)

Umm..... lvl 90 versions would be:

SP(90): 59-23= 36

vs

O(90): (56-23)*1.25 = 41.25

even in block it's: 42/40/42 vs 38/38/38

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 4/21/2017 12:34:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/21/2017 12:39:31   
big E

Oh, right! Edited. Just assumed that was the case since the top versions of Solaris have far-from-attractive modifiers.
AQ  Post #: 9
4/21/2017 12:45:22   
Nopamine

Thanks to everyone for the amazing advice!

Considering what a pain it is to get to Sir Pwnsalot, I think I'll stick with the Pure Warrior Build, then. I need to figure out how to change my no-drops to Water, but other than that, I should be good to go (once I make some purchases and do some quests, that is!) I appreciate all of you for setting me straight! xD

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out how to change my no-drops to Water. :)

< Message edited by Nopamine -- 4/21/2017 12:49:45 >
Post #: 10
4/21/2017 12:50:18   
big E

Pain to get to Sir Pwnsalot?

1. Die
2. Click through a few speech bubbles
3. Walk into the nearest purple portal
4. Click a tombstone

Do that once, and after that you can simply use the Guardian Tower teleporter ^_^

Talk to Nimrod in the Tower to change your no-drop element (click Guardian Equipment).

That said, you're welcome! ^_^
AQ  Post #: 11
4/21/2017 13:56:49   
Nopamine

By the way, which of the Grenwog quests do I need to do to buy the TC Rex Rider?
Post #: 12
4/21/2017 14:55:28   
big E

Collect 5000 eggs in the regular egg hunt, then spend those (egg trade) to open the TCR Rider shop.
AQ  Post #: 13
4/21/2017 15:18:19   
Faker

Gather a new inventory, try doing some of the mastercraft quests. For lv90 i think Morningstar, Kindred, Chimeran, Terror, Overlords should give you a few FO sets. Also get Ironthorn, not too sure what level you need for it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 14
4/21/2017 15:21:39   
Nopamine

Got it. Thanks again!
Post #: 15
4/21/2017 17:13:41   
Nopamine

Is the Overlord Set level 120 or something? I bought the lv90 stuff but it didn't have any lean, and I didn't stand a chance fighting the lv120 monsters.
Post #: 16
4/21/2017 17:27:27   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

"Overlord" is just the name used for the series, previously reign. Prince's Rule

The above suggestions like in this case might use genral names but they mean for you to get whichever of the series is closest to your lvl(can't buy above your lvl as is).

The reason that armor does not have a lean listed in the status window would be:
quote:

3. Be familiar with the armour lean system. This ranges from FO (x1.25 player weapon damage but player takes x1.25 monster damage) to FD (x0.8 player weapon damage but player takes x0.8 monster damage). In general, you want to choose FO armours to maximize damage. FD is for people who are more familiar with the game and know how to optimize their inventory. Old armours do not follow the lean system, but some old armours are more offensively oriented than others.

Older armors still have leans just like we do now it's just not as visible in game. Leans use to be build directly in to the armors, now extra dmg done or taken is applied after the fact. It was switched to what we have now do to some balance issues defensively. Overlord is a fully offensive armor. It just takes less dmg then a modern armor making it arguable better.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 4/21/2017 17:36:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/21/2017 17:37:18   
Nopamine

Oh, so that Prince stuff was part of the Overlord set. Good to know. Thanks again!
Post #: 18
4/21/2017 19:50:25   
Nopamine

I feel like a complete n00b for continually asking questions, but...

where is the Seeking the Seekers quest? Couldn't find it OR War of the Giants on the Travel Map. Haven't had much luck googling it or looking it up on the wiki, either.

< Message edited by Nopamine -- 4/21/2017 20:25:31 >
Post #: 19
4/21/2017 20:35:06   
kreem

Both from the Travel Map, Sail East, Stonerule.

If you want to know how I found out, I just searched the quest names using the search feature of the forums under the Info Submissions page. Currently the 'pedia is partially outdated and the wiki(unofficial) probably isn't good for specific information about much.

The Equipment Comparison and Info Subs are your best sources for info especially on items and quests from the last two years or parts of the game that have been updated in that period of time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
4/21/2017 20:45:28   
Nopamine

Awesome. Thanks again!
Post #: 21
4/22/2017 1:57:16   
big E

*checks out character page* Way to go on building up a new inventory! Yup, sorry if I was unclear, you want the level 90 (or whatever is closest) version of all the stuff I mentioned. Overlord/Prince is on old armor lean standards - it has the same attack as a new-lean FO armor, but instead of an incomnig *1.25 multiplier, it has slightly worse innate elemental resistance. Same thing with Taladosian and HSVV - they're on the old lean system, but don't worry, they're FO.

I see you've picked up the Prince's blade along with the armor and shield. Noticed by now that it deals really low damage? You're a Warrior, you should stick to Melee and Ranged weapons. Magic ones not only do less damage but also take no bonus from your stats.
AQ  Post #: 22
4/22/2017 6:50:01   
Nopamine

Was trying to replace the dinky Lava Broadsword and didn't really pay attention to Prince's Command's damage type. I'll swap it.
Post #: 23
4/22/2017 20:36:37   
Legendary Ash

Blade of Agony's Blood lower proc to synergize with Vigilante
Balloon Blade as Dicer's special is outdated to be weak
Greater Bright/Dark Blade of Victory from Warlic's quest
Sell Hot, Dicer to Flesh

Purple Rain

Tranquility Fountain
Guardian Dread Visage
Sword Master Emblem
Sell Clover
AQ  Post #: 24
4/22/2017 20:52:45   
Nopamine

To flesh? But thanks for the suggestions.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Help and Support] >> AQ Questions/Answers >> Am I not doing this right?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition