Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Server playstyle preference

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Server playstyle preference
Page 2 of 2<12

=AQW= Server playstyle preference

Regular: Just let me play like I want to
  51% (37)
DEATHMODE: I will slay ALL the things!
  48% (35)

Total Votes : 72

(last vote on : 10/6/2017 0:08:16)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2017 12:20:44   
Shadowhunt

Just in case you guys haven't been keeping up with the other thread, here's where it seems the team is at right now:
quote:

We are also going to change over to have 1-2 new Hardcore servers. These will have updated math, ultra challenge monsters with skills that hit HARD. You'll need to have the proper set-up, and you may just want to bring your friends. Yorumi and co will try out the stat pool set-up, and some other fun things he's had in mind to add more challenge to the game.

There will be exclusive drops and some additional rewards (that is not new... we have always put drops on ultra bosses... now new ones will just be restricted to a unique server).

We will, as always, adjust plans for the hardcore servers based on your feedback, since it is such a new plan.

But what this does is give us the best of both worlds -- all you players who love the feel of the old servers get to keep them. For those who want a real challenge... we'll get that for you. Rest assured. Yorumi's already plotting.

quote:

Caesaris: yes, getting the server rewrite finished and live for the regular servers is the top priority.

After so many years, radically changing how AQW is played (and feels) would have a negative impact on most players (who look at this as a casual game). Adding in hardcore servers gives us a platform to create content for players who want to focus on strategy, numbers, etc. That way, we can build content for both types of players.
AQ AQW  Post #: 26
5/3/2017 12:27:31   
ShadowMoon

i'm with the hardmode server idea, its good to have the option to whether or not to play on easy or hard.
especially with a game this farming heavy
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/3/2017 14:08:25   
Ted Zlammy

I'm totally game for a tougher hardcore server. I'll probably stick the regular one for the most part, but I think having the option for players who are into that sort thing is great.
MQ AQW  Post #: 28
5/3/2017 15:22:01   
juanz1996

quote:

Agree with the others, higher risk, higher loss but higher rewards

agree definitely.
It will be cool if we have a diferent aqw running around with hardmode.
AQW  Post #: 29
5/3/2017 17:01:53   
ShadowMoon

quote:

I'm not sure whether to be excited or terrified of a DeathMode Binky.

binky is already deathmode, just move it over to the deathmode server as is and cut the one on the regular servers hp down a peg.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/3/2017 19:26:30   
orc orc orc

A hard mode server is an amazing idea. (imo) A massive problem with AQW is that it lacks difficulty. That is among the factors that have led to the rise of taxing, repetitive farming quests. Simply increasing the game's difficulty would cause various issues because so many of these quests exist and their monotony would be exacerbated. It's not the most fun when regular mobs start stunning or blinding you. A hardmode server would therefore provide a source of difficulty without interfering with existing farming quests.

The introduction of hardcore servers may also allow new types of farming quests to be implemented. With monsters becoming an actual challenge, there may be way for more fun, less monotonous quests. We may finally break free from the curse of RNG and doing one quest over and over.
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Server playstyle preference
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition