Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Being able to dodge your heal NEEDS. TO. GO.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Being able to dodge your heal NEEDS. TO. GO.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2017 8:28:26   
megakyle777

Ok, so I'm a Guardian and as a Guardian, I have the guardian class. And there is a skill on it called healing strike. When you hit your foe you heal your wounds. Key word being, and I quote "WHEN YOU HIT."

This.. is a problem. And it's not just healing strike it can happen with. I have dodged my potions. EACH OF WHICH I remind you costs a DC at the store. I'm paying for something that has a CHANCE to heal me.

And as for healing strike? Useless on powerful foes. They all dodge your hits, which means your skill is about as useless as a wet tissue.

The ability to dodge your own heals, as a concept, needs to go. ASAP.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 5/4/2017 8:34:05 >
DF  Post #: 1
5/4/2017 12:38:17   
Vypie

Maybe it's lack of implementation, but I'm pretty sure dodging healing is not intended to be a thing.

As for the healing strike... perhaps they intend it to be some sort of health-steal. If you do not hit the enemy, no health is absorbed. This seems to be intentional because the health recovered is completely tied to the amount of damage you deal.
A high-attack build will make you recover higher amounts of health. Maybe the downside from dodging is balanced out by the ability to benefit from Criticals too.

But as intended as it might be, it is NOT a good design. This would be EASILY solved by making the finishing moves have no cooldown, so you could just try again. That way Dodging is a less frustrating nuisance because it only delays you a bit.

Another thing, abilities in general:
Its a real frustrating thing to have combos broken by a single miss right? Specially Rogue class.
Sure, you can just put more Hit% on your character to prevent it, but then other types of builds that focus more on different stats may feel less fun to play.

Did you know that in 'World of Warcraft', abilities have a smaller change to miss in comparison to auto-attacks? If you have enough Hit%, they will never fail no matter what.
That way It requires you to at least have a minimal amount of Hit%, but it still allows for build customization. This could be a solution, even if I'm not 100% fond of it.
Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Being able to dodge your heal NEEDS. TO. GO.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition