Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Transformation(s)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Transformation(s)
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/5/2017 5:46:45   
Spineripper

Hey Guys,
Do you think that our Hero will ever transform? You know like how Goku goes Super Saiyan, etc. I really thought it would happen after Caitiff put those weird black clouds on our friends and pushed them away. I thought we would finally get to see our Hero go berserk/rage-mode and obliterate Caitiff.

What do you think?

< Message edited by Spineripper -- 5/5/2017 5:49:07 >
Post #: 1
5/5/2017 6:13:24   
Shiny_Underpants

This isn't a shounen, so no.
Dragonfable has far better ways of keeping the plot engaging, thank heaven.
DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/5/2017 7:41:21   
Xyres

^Basically lol, Dragonfable is more like a seinen. Besides having a SSJ-like mode would probably make our hero a tad too OP, which is not good.
AQW  Post #: 3
5/5/2017 9:26:21   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF GD

I don't really see the hero "transforming" into something else, but it would be interested to see how we fought in a "rage mode" type thing!

Like, I know humans when motivated properly can preform so really outstanding feats (the story of a mother lifting up a car to free her child trapped under it comes to mind). The hero's does some really powerful, explainable things, so it'd be cool to see us go all-out due to desperation.

I'm not sure I'd like what would cause that though xD It'd probably mean that someone close to us was in mortal danger.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
5/5/2017 10:43:38   
Alamiran

I don't think the Hero will ever "transform" in a goku-like manner, but there HAS been speculation that he might one day become able to merge with his dragon, and we'd get af tier 3,5 class called "Merged Dragonlord" or something like that, but I don't really think it'll become a reality, at least not in the nearest future.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
5/5/2017 10:47:42   
Htown1001

I don't think people realize how plot-breaking transformations are. Why doesn't the hero spend all their time transformed? Why don't they do more while transformed than fighting one baddie and then going back to normal? Why do they transform into stronger versions later when they could've gone to that level at the start? Dragonfable already avoids many plot holes and I wouldn't want to add more.
DF  Post #: 6
5/5/2017 11:15:01   
Greyor_42

@htown1001

actually, a fair number of transformations that are used in anime actually have decent reasons as to why they are restricted the way the are. like in dragon ball z, all SSJ transformations drain stamina while they're active, and further transformations have higher requirements to achieve.

in bleach, hollowfication taxes the mind, since the users have to essentially subjugate their inner demons who's only desire is to completely take over the body and consume every living person. so the user either needs an especially strong mind to keep the form in check, or needs to be exposed to enough hollow spirit energy that they get more used to it. this transformation ALSO burns stamina.

actually, thinking about it, most transformations in anime seem to be restricted by how much stamina the user has to be able to maintain it in an actual fight. so, you're statement about transformations is a bit incorrect, they usually DO have decent plot relevant explanations as to why the transformations don't remain active for very long, and they tend to come up with decent explanations as to why later transformations weren't available before hand.

but yeah, i'd rather not have the hero gain some sort of transformation. we already have something pretty close with soul synch when you have baltael's aventail equipped as a regular soulweaver.
DF  Post #: 7
5/5/2017 11:17:00   
Alamiran

@Above That's not fair, they actually explain those things pretty well in DBZ and the like, but I do agree, transformations are rarely a good thing plot wise. There are exceptions though, Hulk and Luffy from One Piece have transformations that come with clear disadvantages, explaining why they can't be transformed all the time, and it actually omproves the plot IMO.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
5/5/2017 11:40:47   
Silver Sky Magician

AQW's Hero has transformations, we become a Chaos Lord, and then we are revealed as the Eternal Dragon of Time, and then we die, and then we resurrect ourselves by killing Death and becoming the new Death, all to beat an OP enemy who we didn't even defeat, I think he just gave up after facing his mommy issues.

So yeah...not the best recipe for a good plot (not that eight Bacon Orbs gathered through time-travel was great either). I'm glad that Book 3 presents an adversary whose main resource is political strength rather than magical power.
Epic  Post #: 9
5/5/2017 11:41:09   
FriendOfAFriend

I'm only okay with our hero 'transforming' if there was, like, a Dracowerpyre or Vampire class etc. Something non-canon, preferably.

quote:

AQW's Hero has transformations, we become a Chaos Lord, and then we are revealed as the Eternal Dragon of Time, and then we die, and then we resurrect ourselves by killing Death and becoming the new Death,

Ah yes, the classic AQW formula: GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE

< Message edited by FriendOfAFriend -- 5/5/2017 11:42:30 >
Post #: 10
5/5/2017 11:54:15   
VJ

by the DF gods I sure as hell hope we never merge with our dragons., that would be a really stupid move by the team because it wuld mean they ran out of ideas to keep the game fresh.
after all Tomix created the first soulweaver class not seen in any other game be it d&d or what not.

they can do so much better things than that.

as much as I hate the idea of fleshweaver class it is still another class created first by Tomix not seen in any other game.

The team has shown us great talent in everything from stories to class creation without needing to do something so stupid as merge dragons with people.

besides any form of merging would just be like that stupid stunt we see in dragon ball where two idiots merge to form one super powered idiot..

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/5/2017 11:57:45 >
Post #: 11
5/5/2017 12:04:51   
Alamiran

Hmm, now that I think about it, we already have a transformation, or at least our dragon does.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
5/5/2017 12:07:38   
SilverAngel

^ Yeah, our dragon technically gets a more powerful transformation even though we're just making them older but I feel it still fits.

DF AQW  Post #: 13
5/5/2017 13:09:10   
Dark Lord Urmi

we have one its called full syncro its a soulweaver thing.

also the dragonlord thing i was the one who came up with that and it's not merging its a unique dragon lord armor/skills to fit our dragon the destroyer the idea came from cyrozen and her dragonlord it was meant to represent our bond becoming "perfect" having both dragon and dragon lord being in perfect sync.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
5/5/2017 15:29:41   
Subon

Equip Avatar of Time and pretend you went super sayian.
Post #: 15
5/5/2017 15:55:44   
Alamiran

@Dark Lord Urmi I'm pretty sure I've seen someone say "merge with our dragon" somewhere on the forums, but your idea is much better.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
5/5/2017 16:29:22   
ShadowMoon

ahhh the wonders of polymerization
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/5/2017 16:38:08   
Rio3678

So what you are saying is... you're hoping that.... "This isn't even our final form!" Sorry I had to lol.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/5/2017 16:57:03   
VJ

@Dark Lord Urmi
that's different from the ones I have seen some wanted and that was where the hero actually physically merged.

your idea is kinda like what we see with the Soul Weaver class which is cool(no pun intended).

I think the Hero is getting stronger and wouldn't mind seeing short burst of going all out(like someone else had brought up with the mother saving baby thing) for one last ditch effort to win.
Post #: 19
5/5/2017 17:01:31   
Alli

it would be cool to have a class with an ability that would transform us for a certain period of time to something more powerful with perhaps a few drawbacks. imagine then that skills would have different effects as well depending on the state you are in. the possibilities...
Post #: 20
5/5/2017 18:33:27   
Dark Lord Urmi

If there were people talking about an actual merging then i apologize there was a time i talked about the destroyer dragonlord a lot so i figured it may have been one of my comments.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
5/5/2017 18:59:07   
VJ

@Alli
so in other words a berserker style thing?
Post #: 22
5/5/2017 20:31:57   
Huntex

I always thought of our DragonLord Armor being our "last form". lol If you really think of it this way, some of the skills that our Titan Dragon have is the same for the DL as well.
As for the going into Rage mode? I think we have and just never really thought about it. During the Catiff saga we all wanted to beat up Catiff, right? Add into that fact that the Hero actually told it that they will DESTORY them, I would say the Hero was pretty mad. lol

< Message edited by Huntex -- 5/5/2017 20:36:38 >
DF  Post #: 23
5/6/2017 0:48:47   
Spendin

God forbid.

Artix is a DBZ fan though so it remains a haunting possibility.
AQ DF  Post #: 24
5/6/2017 1:05:44   
VJ

well even great men have flaws and dbz is just one of 'em I guess.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Transformation(s)
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition