Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Transformation(s)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Transformation(s)
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/6/2017 1:36:38   
Onyx Darkmatter

quote:

This isn't a shounen, so no.
Dragonfable has far better ways of keeping the plot engaging, thank heaven.

Pretty much this.

I don't see much use of the Hero transforming similar to that of Goku, especially when it may be considered as "bad writing" if it's poorly handled.
I prefer the Hero using powerful relics or teaming up with people to counter opponents that are deemed far too powerful for the Hero to handle (things like using the Frozen Claymore against Akriloth or people like Artix or Zhoom teaming up with us).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
5/6/2017 5:36:05   
Dark Lord Urmi

psh don't hate on dbz there are plenty of animes with transformations that are not shonen like say...overlord or berserk (at least i don't think berserk classifies as shonen XD)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
5/6/2017 6:16:07   
Shiny_Underpants

Three points:
1: When I think of dislikable Shonen, it's usually DBZ I'm hating on, not shonen itself.
2: Fleshweaver.
3:
quote:

~original: @Spineripper
You know like how Goku goes Super Saiyan, etc. I really thought it would happen after Caitiff put those weird black clouds on our friends and pushed them away.

I'm very interested to know what prompted you to believe this would happen. I'm not meaning to cause offence, but that was most definitely not what I was expecting at the time.
DF MQ  Post #: 28
5/6/2017 6:38:40   
Silver Sky Magician

I can see it now, the Hero countering Caitiff's face-beam by inexplicably barfing an equally powerful energy blast.
Epic  Post #: 29
5/6/2017 6:45:41   
Dark Lord Urmi

shiny why hate DBZ you don't have to like it but to hate it...that's like hating cheesy kung fu movies its not there for the plot its there for fun battles and crazy imagery XD

also i don't get your one word point for fleshweaver do you mean that's our shonen berserk transformation? because i can dig that XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
5/6/2017 10:39:48   
Shiny_Underpants

^I will admit DBZ has a certain quirky charm about it. Provided we're discussing the anime, not that... thing they produced as a movie.
I don't hate it, per se, I said I hate on it. This was me trying and failing to use slang. Don't ask.
In fact, I rather like DBZ, as it's complete lack of depth gives me a useful reference with which to judge other things, things that actually try to make some sense the rest of the time.
In my view, if you're going to do the thing, best to do it properly.

Though the one thing I do hate is all the shouting and grunting. It really was quite weird that people would watch it, at least with the sound on... and I have a vivid recollection of primary school boys imitating such behaviour while I looked on in exasperation. Though that wasn't really a new thing for me by that point.
I always thought from the promos (which were mostly screaming matches, and competitions for whose hair was the tallest when exposed to static electricity) that it was their power source or something. But no, Goku and co. were just being obnoxious. Perhaps if I had unmuted it, I would have known this sooner.

And I simply meant that the Hero will transform as Fleshweaver. That post was directly generally.

quote:

~original: @Silver Sky Magician
I can see it now, the Hero countering Caitiff's face-beam by inexplicably barfing an equally powerful energy blast.

*The Hero glows green.*
Caitiff: 'Oh no. That's impossible. It can't be. My only weakness. etc.'
Amadeus: [inexplicably arriving to narrate]: 'Could it be- the Hero must have unlocked it. The secret recipe for the Super Mega Ultra Darkness Countering Beam of the-'
*The Hero counters Caitiff's beam with a massive blast of glowing green breath*
Amadeus, (and, in sync, Jaania, for good measure) [astonished, despite reciting what's happening in faster than real time]: "Bacon Sandwich!"

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 5/6/2017 11:07:58 >
DF MQ  Post #: 31
5/6/2017 21:35:54   
Commander_In_Red

I don't see transformations like what you describe happening in anything other than a dream sequence. That said, now you've made me think about a shapeshifter class.
DF  Post #: 32
5/6/2017 22:34:39   
Greyor_42

@shiny_underpants

actually all that shouting is literally just filler that was used to extend the length of the episodes, since the anime was released so close to the manga chapters.
DF  Post #: 33
5/7/2017 0:15:24   
Dark Lord Urmi

which movie shiny there were several and battle of gods was the best...revival of f had that weird 3d animation.

also ah i get it just like kung fu movies it is fun to poke fun at it haha.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/7/2017 0:16:12 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
5/7/2017 1:54:50   
LurkBlackSmith

I think there'll be no transformations in the future. But all I see a person in regular/evolved dragonlord at night tinkered with their armor with chains connected with the shield and sword sleepwalking and maybe drunk fighting with a modified drunken style in their dreaming. While a zombie in the two dragonlord armor for Mogloween/Friday the 13th.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 5/7/2017 1:56:34 >
DF  Post #: 35
5/8/2017 22:15:07   
tthorn4

@Urmi, I believe shiny us referring to the one movie that we never speak of. The one on par with the Last Airbender.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
5/8/2017 22:19:42   
Aura Knight

Prior to us getting our dragon back, I thought we'd go berserk should something happen to him. Now, I can't think of any possible transformation. Only thing that comes to mind is a full synchro with Aegis but seems unlikely. Perhaps something similar to that could happen with us and our dragon. Maybe we combine while in our dragonlord armor, allowing the two of us to share power. Would be no different than if we sync with our soul ally. Just a temp boost but strong enough to defeat many things. but there's little chance of this happening. Would be cool though.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 37
5/8/2017 22:29:32   
FrogM

So the goku thing makes me think of the elemental unity trinket? Glowing and stuff. Also the fleshweaver class stuff was mentioned and I think that would be instead of "merging with your dragon" since you would have to consume Aegis to do so. I think that's the closest we'll get. Design note on Flesh Weaver here
DF  Post #: 38
5/8/2017 22:57:11   
VJ

@Thorn
you talking about Dragonball Evolution?
seen it, I wouldn't even make seppy watch it.....

Anyways I think we will never have such a thing(transformation) happen.
Post #: 39
5/9/2017 5:44:40   
elite dark slayer

I think giving the hero a transformation is probably not a good idea. Generally, such transformations are the hallmark of bad or lazy writing, essentially giving the protagonist a deus ex machina ability instead of writing a more interesting way to resolve the situation. The adult dragon thing is already pushing it, as there is no canonical reason given as to why the hero cannot simply keep the dragon in its most powerful form, defeating many major threats to Lore. I suppose transformation could be done well, in theory, but I think there will almost always be a more interesting way to keep the plot going. In any case, there would need to be a lot more build-up towards the hero's transformation to make it interesting or believable to me.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
5/9/2017 6:06:17   
Lord Run

Well actually it might happen remember that Son Goku parody guy from the arena at book 1 if he can do it maybe we can to?
Post #: 41
5/9/2017 6:10:01   
elite dark slayer

Except that was a parody. If a minor character (extremely minor, that's the only place we have ever seen him) can do it, it's a joke. If the protagonist, the most major of major characters can do it, it becomes a plot point that could turn up again. Making it less a 'funny joke' and more a 'when is the hero going to pull that out of his sleeve again?'
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
5/9/2017 10:03:17   
chisagen
A Swimming Good Time

I'd prefer if the hero didn't transform. There aren't many transformations that I could honestly see even working. Maybe werewolf?

Still, I think there is something charming about a normal everyday person tackling on what life has to dish out at us, even if we have a dragon to help us out

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
5/9/2017 10:27:42   
Dark Lord Urmi

In the end the only canon transformation i could see working is our dragon lord armor becoming the destroyer dragon lord armor and that's about it

I mean there is fleshweaver but i highly doubt those powers will appear when we are getting our butts whooped suddenly then destroy our tormentor.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 44
5/9/2017 12:59:37   
VJ

@EDS
I agree, dbz is well known for such garbage.
goku can's win?
better merge him with vegta!
that doesn't work?
make him a god!
that doesn't work?
make him a SUPER DUPER ULTIMATE god!
That doesn't work, summon the dragon balls and use a super duper magic dragon genie to undo every mistake ever made!

those all lazy and pathetic writing right there.
Every event it seems in dbz was some stupid deus ex machina garbage that shows how transformation and well allot was done poorly or just used to deal with everything.

Dragonfable on the other hand, great writing and no need for some stupid deus ex machina garbage. everything that happened was well thought out, and iirc correctly geo once said everything was given months if not more worth of story events laid out in advanced for the long haul(book one at least).

besides tomix and the others have proven they could do things well and set up wonderful stories and no need for anything like a true deus ex machina for their stuff.

there is no do overs for many things and events, Tomix's saga for one, Serenity's fate for another example and there is no magic dragon genie to fix everything. and seeing as everything they do has a reason and that it will lead to another event.

adding a transformation would mean the team ran out of ideas or got lazy and those are two things I never see tomix or the others ever doing or becoming.

Post #: 45
5/9/2017 13:19:52   
Dark Lord Urmi

Damn VJ very harsh on a show that's not supposed to be taken seriously.. you must hate kung fu hustle and jackie chan movies
besides full synchro aka the soulweaver ultimate is one of the things you said are lazy XD

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/9/2017 13:20:52 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
5/9/2017 15:09:44   
VJ

That's different, that is part of a class skill for a class made by tomix and no other game has had such a class also syncro is different from physically merging with another entity and transforming into a different creature like we see in dbz.
I happen to love jackie chan videos, they are nothing like dbz.
as to the other stuff, never watched them as they never appealed to me.

Though to be fair flesh weaver is a lazy class but that's only because a very vocal tiny amount of fans wanted it, nothing more than that.

as to the topic at hand it(transformation) isn't needed.
Post #: 47
5/9/2017 15:49:47   
Dark Lord Urmi

Piccolo merging with nail says otherwise XD also full synchro is still a transformation maybe not turning you into a monster but one that grants you tremendous strength and can drain your stamina as well as changes your hair and makes it glow a primary color ....wait.

over the top fights and silly melodramatic plots that become humorous because of how serious they take themselves in their world...come now the comparison is obvious.

and above all else
just because you don't like something does not make it lazy
in fact have you seen the art for it..man it's really lazy and uninspired :P

guess what also was not needed in this game...the element of bacon and guess what happened, want me to list off a bunch of fun but unnecessary stuff df and ae as a whole has done?

something being needed is irrelevant if the staff wants to do it that's whats important, maybe it happens maybe it doesn't but its not any more silly than anything else the game has done.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/9/2017 15:53:30 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
5/9/2017 15:54:11   
VJ

the SW skill doesn't mean OP, I have yet to one shot a boss with it or kill a vry strong enemy with it right off the bat because it takes time to do it.
dbz on the other hand they can do it right off the bat if they want and tend to win quickly as well.
Post #: 49
5/9/2017 16:02:54   
Dark Lord Urmi

kaioken = beat sayian saga vegeta owned by frieza
ssj = beat namek frieza owned by android 18
ssj 2 = beat cell owned by majin buu and by jesus most enemies in super
ssj 3 = owned by buu AND beerus
ssj G = was toyed with by beerus
ssjB = owned by black, hit (oops almost forgot) and golden frieza

seems like the dbz transformations only one hit weak opponents too crazy right. the transformation is an anime trope in general ( kill la kill, naruto, the devil is a part timer, bleach, hunterxhunter, yu yu hakusho and billions more) and they are always a boost that ends up being a measuring stick to how powerful the character who has it becomes when they don't use it being op only counts when nobody can beat the thing in question that is op.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/9/2017 16:08:17 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Transformation(s)
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition