Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Transformation(s)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Transformation(s)
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/15/2017 21:16:09   
Omega C

Transformation Hmm I think We could I dunno become more dragon-like due to the time spent with our dragon? You know becoming a dragon man like creature.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 76
5/18/2017 10:07:59   
Kailaa

i think i would rather not bring transformation i mean so far story has been pretty grounded and thats cool i guess problem i whant to avoid same issue aqw ending of chapter 1 had where as previously state you transformed into chaos lord then eternal dragon of time and then transformed into death plus drakath going ssj e.e but i can see it working as long as they make it so that it makes sence
Post #: 77
5/18/2017 12:43:41   
Jovan

One of the capstone skills for Dragonlord has the hero grow dragon wings temporarily. And the hero can change their skin color by going to the paint fairy, change their species with the right armor/item, come back from undeath (Zardbie and Deathknight armors), and even change their gender by talking to the Black Market Moglin. So, we already do transform. Does anyone else find it strange that people keep making suggestion topics hidden behind layers of "speculation" even though it's against the rules?

"We do not allow foul language, nudity, extreme realistic violence or drug/alcohol use in our games." - The DF Parent Letter
AQ DF  Post #: 78
5/18/2017 13:00:57   
dragon_monster

I disagree with that assertion and if someone accuses others of such thing they must prove the claim.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 79
5/18/2017 13:29:55   
Greyor_42

@jovan

we aren't actually undead when using the deathknight armor. if we were, then we'd be undead all the time upon unlocking it, whether or not we don the armor. we're simply UTILIZING the powers of a deathknight by adding necromancy to our paladin abilities.

and what(canon) armor/item changes our species?

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/18/2017 13:30:21 >
DF  Post #: 80
5/18/2017 13:43:06   
GammaCavy

I think if there's any draconic transformations in our future, it will be because someone makes AQ's Dracomancer class available here. Why expect a new merger with our dragons when AE's universe already has a dragon-person class?
BTW, I'm hoping very much for the Dracomancer class. I was never able to roll high enough to unlock all the skills on AQ. Having it here on DF would be AWESOME!

sincerely, your friendly neighborhood warrior thespian dark lord and counter guardian Gamma Cavy.
DF  Post #: 81
5/18/2017 15:29:31   
Jovan

@Greyor_42: There are items and haircuts that can give you elf ears and horns, for example. And the Atealan Armors with the right helmet can at least give the appearance of being an Atealan, which can be the same thing for all intents and purposes of the player.
AQ DF  Post #: 82
5/18/2017 17:58:05   
Greyor_42

@jovan

quote:

And the Atealan Armors with the right helmet can at least give the appearance of being an Atealan, which can be the same thing for all intents and purposes of the player.

not really, though. the hero, no matter what you use, is always going to be classified as "human" by the game. dressing like an ataelan doesn't magically MAKE you one. and helmets don't magically graft to your character's skin, so any ears or horns you get from them are not a part of the hero's physiology.
DF  Post #: 83
5/18/2017 19:26:36   
Jovan

@Geyor: Ah, but a Human Riftwalker/Ascendant/Cryptic. And what are Riftwalkers, or Ascendants, or Cryptics? Why, Atealans of course! Right down to their tiny hooves.
quote:

and helmets don't magically graft to your character's skin, so any ears or horns you get from them are not a part of the hero's physiology.

Are you saying that there's something in DF that isn't magical?
AQ DF  Post #: 84
5/18/2017 20:51:27   
Greyor_42

@jovan

quote:

And what are Riftwalkers, or Ascendants, or Cryptics? Why, Atealans of course! Right down to their tiny hooves.

no, they're classes that ataelans can use, and can teach a HUMAN hero, who is still 100% human. as for the hooves, that was actually adressed by tomix just today. they are ALSO not a part of us. we just put our feet inside them, and this is possible because they act like a tardis, and are bigger on the inside due to magic. the hero isn't transforming in any way when they use those classes. besides, not all ataelans have hooves. some have talons.

quote:

Are you saying that there's something in DF that isn't magical?

no, i'm saying they don't magically GRAFT to the hero's skin. or become a part of the hero's biology in any way. most likely, they act in a similar principal as the edd mask from the espina rosa saga, where they're just put OVER the hero's face, and not really altering it.
DF  Post #: 85
5/22/2017 17:02:19   
Spineripper

Holy crap you guys, 4 pages?! I never thought a simple idea/thought would get so many of you guys engaged like this thank you so much!

Regarding the topic, Yeah we do have 'transformations' when it comes to the SoulWeaver's full synchro and stuff like that but they're kinda 'voluntary' if you would, but I was thinking of an event that was so traumatic to the hero it would cause them to enter a berserker rage 'form'
Yeah I get the fact DragonFable isn't a shounen like some of you said but would the thought of that just be epic and it would really make sense if it did. Now I'm not saying when the Hero enters that state he has to change his color or anything like, When I refer to a transformation I mean he changes the way he acts towards the enemy. Any change of appearance kinda wouldn't make sense since the Hero is Human like all his friends and we'd all be asking questions like 'Why couldn't Artix do it' etc.

Edit: After reading some of the comments here, An ability like the Kaio-Ken actually would be cool, It's not necessarily a transformation but more of a short-burst of power.

Well during that quest, remember when Caitiff engulfed all of our friend's faces in black clouds? When the hero was shouting "DON'T DO IT" that's when it reminded me of Goku when he was telling Frieza to "Not do it" before Frieza killed Krillin. I thought Caitiff was going to end our friend's lives right there.

Posts merged. Please do not double-post, as it is considered spam. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 5/22/2017 17:37:39 >
Post #: 86
5/22/2017 19:27:10   
Subon

Id much prefer if we got an option to transform into NPCs for DCs or something. Kinda like classes but probably easier to dish out.
Post #: 87
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Transformation(s)
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition