Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= April 21st Design Notes: Mother's Day Release!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= April 21st Design Notes: Mother's Day Release!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/6/2017 6:56:31   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ would ash REALLY be upset about that? haha.

although...

"ash use you may need to use other elemental weapons besides light.."

"SHUT UP, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD GAWD!!" *Slams door*

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/6/2017 6:59:40 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
5/6/2017 7:09:41   
Flabagast

Nice release. :)
Makes me wonder if Mother's Day events will become an annual thing. As far as I know, the first Mother's Day event was that one about Lark and Cysero's smelly time-travel cake from last year.

In any case, looking forward for things to come!

spoiler:

By the way, did anyone end up saying "No" to Ash's question? Does the plot go elsewhere, or does the quest just end there?

Edit: Spoiler tags fixed. O_o

< Message edited by Flabagast -- 5/6/2017 7:13:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
5/6/2017 8:39:24   
mi_visi

@Flabagast

spoiler:

The Hero says they have something they need to do right now, and the quest ends. Nothing else happens.

But this was a really cute quest! It was nice seeing our allies' families recently (first Doug, now Ash) and I'm looking forward to whatever comes next!
AQ DF  Post #: 28
5/6/2017 10:46:52   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @Dark Lord Urmi
"Mrs. Dragonblade are you trying to seduce me?"

quote:

~original: @Silver Sky Magician
Ties in nicely with May the 4th too. Ash, I am your new father.

1 Year Later

Ash's Mom: 'Ash, sweetie, you have two mummies now.'
DF MQ  Post #: 29
5/6/2017 13:20:40   
Chewy905

spoiler:

I expected the necromancer to be raising his mom from the dead, I did not predict the inevitable "mummy" pun. shame on me.
Post #: 30
5/6/2017 15:18:51   
The Jop

spoiler:

I like to think the hero's reaction was because something tragic happened to his/her parents, or perhaps he/she never knew them. The hero just sort of popped out of nowhere and no reference has ever been made to their parents so seeing a mother tell her son how proud she is probably touched a nerve for the hero. No matter what the hero does they'll never hear their parents express their pride in them.

P.S. Maybe it's because most females in DF use the same model, but Ash's mom is hot. Sorry, Ash. You didn't mention a dad actually, so maybe I can be your role model in ways other than heroics?

P.P.S. Hi San Robin.

@Greyor
Sorry, my knowledge of Ash is fairly limited since I don't have a dragon amulet.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 5/6/2017 17:54:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
5/6/2017 17:09:39   
Greyor_42

@the jop

actually, we've already known about his father for quite a while, thanks to the archknight saga.

quote:

Necromancer: Ash, there is something I must tell you.
Ash: ?
Necromancer: Ash, I am your father.
Ash: But my father works on a farm west of Falconreach.
Necromancer: Dangit...thought you were one of those orphan heroes with a mysterious unexplained childhood.
Ash: It was worth a try.
Necromancer: Thanks.
DF  Post #: 32
5/6/2017 19:31:54   
LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

So next year with Ash traveling up north for some ice crystals to go to Sielu for forging a ice knife to save ingredients for his mom next year plan?
DF  Post #: 33
5/6/2017 20:17:23   
Magician Valkyria

What happened to the hero's mom? I would like to see the hero visit home ocassionally.
DF  Post #: 34
5/6/2017 20:20:47   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF GD & RP

@Above- the staff tries to avoid going too deep into the canon of the hero's backstory, so that the player has more freedom to invent their own family/home!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
5/6/2017 21:40:37   
Kashlikaro

About the sudden Heroic sadness, my personal headcanon is that the Hero either:

A) Doesn't HAVE one to begin with
Or
B) Doesn't remember anything prior to the start of the game.

Remember, Dragonfable directly(?) starts after(?) the events of the MechQuest. Therefore, despite creating the Dragonfable universe, the universe DF is set in...possibly didn't technically exist prior to the Hero being Bored.
The Hero pressing the Reset Button may have had other unintended consequences as well for the Hero specifically, being the one to press it - sort of like paying a hefty conceptual price for such an act, like amnesia, or worse, being the only one 'separate' from the rest of the universe. How else is it that the Hero didn't know anyone when he was sitting around Oaklore, which is a stone's throw from Falconreach? Or that the Manaphages had no idea what the Hero WAS when they attempted a scan on them? The parents the Hero may or may not have now were back on the Hero's homeworld in Mechquest, who knows where they would be now?
DF  Post #: 36
5/6/2017 22:38:25   
Greyor_42

@kashlikaro

quote:

Therefore, despite creating the Dragonfable universe, the universe DF is set in...possibly didn't technically exist prior to the Hero being Bored.

according to something one of the developers said, it's actually technically the same universe, and what the reset button actually reset was the universe's HISTORY.... or something.....
DF  Post #: 37
5/7/2017 2:44:34   
spirit of greed

So one question
spoiler:

When Ash's mom at the end was asking:When am i going to meet with your princess? Was she speaking about Aria or the Light elemental princess? It could be both and it's been bothering me for a loooong time. We got the archknight quest with the light princess but in a Hero's Hearth Day quest from years ago we saw Ash and Aria starting what looked like a relationship, so i don't know. Or is it like how it's up to us to decide, like the hero's past?
DF AQW  Post #: 38
5/7/2017 7:04:53   
Dark Lord Urmi

aria is not a princess and the light princess is i feel that's kinda straight forward haha.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 39
5/7/2017 9:24:04   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF GD & RP

@spirit of greed

spoiler:

Well, "Princess" can be used as a term of endearment, regardless of actual rank. Personally I feel that she was referring to Aria, since that's totally a mom thing to want to know who your son's dating, but it could probably be interpreted either way!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
5/7/2017 9:28:01   
FriendOfAFriend

Huh, I just realized how complicated Ash's love life must be.
Post #: 41
5/7/2017 10:13:05   
Commander_In_Red

spoiler:

I agree with Starflame. It would simply be a reference to Ash's LL, with him being a Hero and all.

Also, that goddamn Mummy pun. My head hurts...

Who let San Robin into the quest builders office? That joke stank. Of cheese.

DF  Post #: 42
5/7/2017 12:02:38   
dragon_monster

spoiler:

I think Ash is in an relationship with both Aria and the Light Princess. Well I want to think that and thankfully the game does not contradict or agrees with me. Ash you are probably the only hero in an western fantasy setting that did this so great work. Also I like that he loves his mother and became an hero of an certain limited scope even without an tragic backstory.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/7/2017 12:19:41   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

D'aww. I loved this. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Plus, Ash's interaction with his mom is just so cliche and cute. I'd love to see more of the families of the many old and beloved NPC's, like we saw in here and in Lymcrest. Nice job DF team!

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 44
5/7/2017 13:43:53   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

I think Ash is in an relationship with both Aria and the Light Princess.

I sure hope both of his girlfriends know he's dating someone else, otherwise he'd be a huge jerk. :P
Post #: 45
5/7/2017 15:08:51   
dragon_monster

It could explain the scar.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
5/7/2017 16:18:10   
VJ

I think his mom is might be talking about the light princess, after all she is the only one that can light up his life.
that an i think they make a better couple than the pet shop owner.
Post #: 47
5/8/2017 7:50:27   
dragon_monster

Well he has a choice to make and both are great choices which is hard to choose. Well lucky him. One day I will make an thread about this.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
5/8/2017 8:08:39   
Silver Sky Magician

Which girlfriend to choose? Why not both? Have Ash's sword/light princess fuse with Aria Caitiff-style. An unambiguous win for all involved.
Epic  Post #: 49
5/8/2017 11:04:44   
damko00

^ I don't think that Ash would want to kill Aria and then date her reanimated corpse with his sword protruding from whichever body part he stabbed her in. Also, can all spirits do that? Or have only the Shadowscythe mastered this ability?
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= April 21st Design Notes: Mother's Day Release!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition