Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A quick prediction about the "end" of magic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> A quick prediction about the "end" of magic
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2017 13:41:15   
Dark Lord Urmi

Lately warlic's mana expansion has been talked about a bit in the forums so it got me thinking...The end of magic may not be as farfetched as once thought it just won't be permanent let me explain.

i'm thinking that maybe the rose will destroy the mana core however warlic may replace it with himself in order to make up for his rampage as wargoth a sort of self-sacrifice to save the world.

A bit of an odd theory but it just popped into the ol noggin

what do you all think?

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/9/2017 13:53:50 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
5/9/2017 14:20:46   
Greyor_42

@dark lord urmi

it's possible.
DF  Post #: 2
5/9/2017 14:34:28   
Master_T

if the story will end like this that would be really awsome
DF  Post #: 3
5/9/2017 15:14:12   
VJ

killing another developer's npc might not be so easy as that.
I think they would have to get the real warlic's permission to off his npc.

now maybe using jaania as a replacement using her as a conduit would be more logical or the elemental lords finely get involved and replace the mana core themselves.

I mean anyone remember when they created the orbs and what happened when they was all merged into one orb?

I think they could easily do that again to repair or replace the loss source of mana.
Post #: 4
5/9/2017 18:26:12   
Huntex

It's also possible that instead of one signal person, Warlic, Jaania, and Xan get together to pour their mana into one large ball. Each for their own reasoning.
DF  Post #: 5
5/9/2017 20:22:54   
VJ

warlic could easily do it himself without worry of draining his own source.
I just don't see xan helping out and jaania is too dead set into murdering the planet to want and try to restore magic.
Post #: 6
5/9/2017 20:55:08   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

What about Warlic's ability to gain mana instead of use it, how would that affect things? Would the mana core start pumping out more mana than normal; which strangely enough would completely reverse everything The Rose was working towards.

DF AQW  Post #: 7
5/9/2017 20:58:21   
FriendOfAFriend

@VJ: Warlic's strong but I don't think he's 'make a mana core and then be fine right after' strong.
Post #: 8
5/9/2017 22:13:47   
Aura Knight

Maybe something can deplete Warlic's mana so that he doesn't overload and use that energy to make a new mana core. But something like a mana core may take many years to be powerful enough to be compared to the previous one. Perhaps manaphages can be used. They consume mana. Maybe the mana they consume can be harnessed for energy. Magic ends but is not completely gone. It can be revived.

Perhaps the end of magic is nothing more than a renewal of it. The old, bad magic is gone, only to be replaced by a new one that is only full of good stuff. But a world without evil shouldn't happen as such a thing would greatly upset the balance of things. I'm curious to see how everything works out.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 9
5/9/2017 22:29:54   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

I would actualy see Warlic becoming the mana core, but that doesn't mean he have to "die", he can simply leave his physical body as the mana core and from time to time pop an astral projection of himself to keep contact with us, or even "become" e "Avatar of Mana".
DF AQW  Post #: 10
5/9/2017 23:00:52   
VJ

@FOF
Warlic is that strong, and he could use up all of his mana and then some because of how fast he produces it, I swear the way warlic talks it's as if him even sneezing will cause him to produce mana quickly.

@AK
Mana is the life blood of lore, drain it and one murders the planet and thing living on it will die.

so even if a tiny bit is left it will not be enough to keep the world alive.

that is like saying removing all but a teaspoon of blood from your body is enough to keep it alive.
Post #: 11
5/9/2017 23:09:03   
FriendOfAFriend

@VJ: So Warlic can pretty much make worlds? Because the Mana Core is the life force for our planet.

Don't overblow Warlic's strength. He can't even properly go full strength.
Post #: 12
5/9/2017 23:17:43   
VJ

@FOF
you know why he can't go full power.
if he does he becomes wargoth again or did you forget that?
as to producing planets?
who really knows as you said we don't really know what he is capable of because he can't go full power.

spoiler:

he caused the reset from MQ and iirc he still remembers the events that lef to the reset.
Post #: 13
5/10/2017 0:16:11   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @VJ
Mana is the life blood of lore, drain it and one murders the planet and thing living on it will die.

Why do I keep reading this? There isn't any evidence from the game to suggest it.
It's merely an assumption based on other in-game elements. But since ending magic could be changing the nature of magic, even that is not necessarily relevant to the Rose.
The only thing I'm aware of that would die would be the Dwarves.
Dragons might die off, or they might simply find that their power is severely reduced, since Artix says in Calamity that dragons have a larger magical component than humans.

However there's no clear indication that it would have that effect.
DF MQ  Post #: 14
5/10/2017 0:39:59   
VJ

i might be remembering wrong but I do believe Geo said that mana is the life blood of the planet and the life blood of all life on lore, So, what I told you was true from a certain point of view.

have to wait until tomix or someone one else ether corrects my memory if I am remembering wrong or confirms it ether in game or on forums.
Post #: 15
5/10/2017 0:41:56   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

if he does he becomes wargoth again or did you forget that?

Exactly, and that's why Warlic wouldn't be able to single handily make a mana core and then have extra power to spare.
Post #: 16
5/10/2017 0:47:18   
VJ

ah but he can. remember warlic said that everything he does generates mana so he is an endless amount of mana to spare and why I said he could just replenish the mana core on his own because he is dumping the mana quickly which means he won't become wargolth as he wouldn't have to worry about waiting for his mana to deplete itself over time.
Post #: 17
5/10/2017 0:55:12   
FriendOfAFriend

I think you miiiiiiiiight be overestimating Warlic's capabilities/limits here.
Post #: 18
5/10/2017 1:07:00   
VJ

we are talking about an entity that can turn into a demi god style entity if he builds up too much mana & he remembers his time before the reboot of the universe, and so on.
So it's not hard to believe his ability to replenish the core himself.
Post #: 19
5/10/2017 1:24:37   
FriendOfAFriend

Warlic is strong, yes, but he seriously isn't 'make planets' strong.

Much easier to destroy than it is to create.
Post #: 20
5/10/2017 1:31:40   
VJ

if he is replenishing the mana he isn't technically creating new planets or life he is doing a 'blood' transfusion for the planet if the rose managed to remove the mana and more or less murder the planet and all those on it thus saving the world.

We just don't know everything warlic can or cannot do, still saving the planet I don't see as it being too hard to safely do.
Post #: 21
5/10/2017 1:49:02   
Greyor_42

@ vj and friendofafriend

i think you guys are slightly misunderstanding what @dark lord urmi said. his prediction wasn't that warlic would MAKE a new mana core, but that he would sacrifice himself to BECOME a new mana core.
DF  Post #: 22
5/10/2017 2:00:04   
VJ

@Greyor
the problem is to do that would require killing another developer's NPC which warlic is.
it's one thing to kill one's own npc(tomix for example) but it's an entirely different to kill someone else's off.

which is why I said they couldn't unless they get Warlic's permission to kill off his npc thus they would most likely have him help heal the mana core if anything at all.
Post #: 23
5/10/2017 2:04:08   
FriendOfAFriend

@Greyor: I know, lol. I am simply disputing VJ's claim that 'he could make a new mana core'. :P
Post #: 24
5/10/2017 2:10:12   
VJ

I never said replace it, I said heal it or fix it if you will.
the elemental lords on the other hand I was talking about being able to replace the core themselves if they really wanted to.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> A quick prediction about the "end" of magic
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition