Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A quick prediction about the "end" of magic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: A quick prediction about the "end" of magic
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/10/2017 2:11:57   
FriendOfAFriend

I specifically said 'exactly and that's why Warlic can't make a new mana core' and then you responded 'ah but he can' xP
Post #: 26
5/10/2017 2:15:21   
VJ

I thought you was talking about him not being able to heal it and some how misread that, well that is a big oops on my part.
Post #: 27
5/10/2017 2:23:42   
dragon_monster

The problem with Warlic being the npc of a Dev is none because there is no Dev to complain that his NPC is gone.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
5/10/2017 2:25:50   
VJ

Warlic is part of AE and it is HIS npc.

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/10/2017 2:28:04 >
Post #: 29
5/10/2017 2:29:04   
dragon_monster

Yeah I thought he is gone for years I did not heard from him since 2013.Also Geo is on that page also and she is gone somebody just not ubdates the page there.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/10/2017 2:30:19 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
5/10/2017 2:32:57   
VJ

well seeing as he is working on BladeHaven it's no surprise.
then again as anyone else heard from Cy, Artix himself, Alina, and so on?
it's just they each have their own tasks and games that they are working on that they don't really stop by that often any more.

Post #: 31
5/10/2017 2:35:59   
dragon_monster

You do know that bladeheaven was finished years ago right?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
5/10/2017 2:43:14   
VJ

yeah, I was using that as an example nothing more.
The point I was making is that they are all busy with their own tasks.

by the way when (if)did Geo leave?

I know ash quit/fired because he isn't on the page I linked and if the are no longer a staff member they lose their title such as what we seen with ash.

Never mind I found the good bye letter from Geo.. *sigh*.

I haven't found anything about Warlic leaving though so until we know for sure than it's his NPC still.

edit, I found the letter when I was in the middle of editing this reply..

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/10/2017 2:51:04 >
Post #: 33
5/10/2017 2:48:43   
dragon_monster

Want me to find the design notes where she said that?
http://www.dragonfable.com/gamedesignnotes/tag/geopetal

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/10/2017 2:50:49 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
5/10/2017 2:53:36   
VJ

@DM,
yeah I found the letter from their Facebook page, yet I still have not found anything that states Warlic is gone.
until proof is given he is still around and his NPC can not be killed off.
Post #: 35
5/10/2017 3:47:44   
LurkBlackSmith

Formations! All Warlic has to do is create a chain of new formations that can become the mana core. No need for Warlic to be a sacrifice for the new mana core for the "end" of magic. All we need is gruesome flying/walking/laying around formations into chains connecting all of them to the formation eye of center. Also how many formations and explanation of them will be filling up our brain of which formations to lay out synchronization resonance?

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 5/10/2017 3:52:59 >
Post #: 36
5/10/2017 3:52:19   
VJ

@LBS
good point.
Post #: 37
5/10/2017 3:56:39   
Silver Sky Magician

No need to sacrifice anybody, just get Lim to hook Warlic up to a generator and turn him into a walking battery.
Epic  Post #: 38
5/10/2017 4:07:44   
VJ

@SSM
yeah just long enough to refuel the mana core and I am sure the core will do the rest.

Post #: 39
5/10/2017 11:05:22   
Alamiran

@dragon_monster I actually don't know whether Warlic's still working for AE or not, but he's still Artix's friend, and Warlic (the NPC) is one of the VERY FIRST NPC's from AQ Classic. They have NEVER killed off any NPC that appears in Aq Classic. And Warlic is so important for the plot, that killing him off would be a horrible waste IMO (Take a look at my profile picture, I KNOW that I'm a bit biased ). And killing off Xan and Jaania along with him would be even worse.

But I do like that idea of him merging with tha mana core, and and becoming one with the mana system of Lore, while remaining in contact with us through some kind of manifestation (I.E. The Avatar of Mana). The Rose could perhaps cause the mana core to destabilize, by tinkering with the Fissure. Then the planet would be in danger, and Warlic would have to stabilize the core. Then magic on Lore might actually become STRONGER than ever, which could lead to some interesting events. I don't think the mana core could be DESTROYED, like how you can't destroy energy in real life.

As for the thing with Warlic being able to recreate/stabilize the core, without merging with it, I'd say that he can't. Try seeing it like this:
The core constantly produces mana, that mages on Lore can tap into, in order to refill their own mana, that can be used up, so they have to draw in more. Mana potions are perhaps used to accelerate that process. But the mana core itself doesn't exhaust it's mana by sending it out into the mana system. It creates more mana from itself, and remains stable, but it DOES have a limited capacity.

Warlic, on the othre hand, uses magic, and creates an amount of mana that is equivalent to the scale of his magic, like 1 mana point = 1 kilojoule of manipulation if the surroundings (not sure if that number fits, but I'm gonna go with it). So if Warlic uses one 100,000 KJ of magic, he generates 100,000 mana points.
If Warlic learned to add the mana he generates to the magic he uses, his magic could become twice as powerful, and he will never overload on mana. That way, if the magic he used was in the form of pure mana, he could become similar to the mana core, in that he creates mana from himself, while remaining stable himself.

So Warlic might actually have about the same level of power as the mana core, just in a less convenient way, only baing able to use half the power he has (his magic), and the other half (his mana) threatening to overload him.

Umm, I'm not sure anyone but me would understand exactly what I mean... So please ask me if there's anything you don't understand.

< Message edited by Alamiran -- 5/10/2017 11:09:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
5/10/2017 12:13:36   
dragon_monster

It will not be so bad he will be in our memory as every time we use mana to make an spell we have him to tank you he will not die as he becomes the lifeforce of many of Lore's races.

If you do an lot of mental gymnastics as he is one of the creators of AE it makes sense. Think about it. Also unlike in other games he is not very useful to us even Zorbak is more useful then him. Eh its a lot said I better say Cysero.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
5/10/2017 13:57:46   
Greyor_42

@alamiran

quote:

The core constantly produces mana, that mages on Lore can tap into, in order to refill their own mana, that can be used up, so they have to draw in more. Mana potions are perhaps used to accelerate that process. But the mana core itself doesn't exhaust it's mana by sending it out into the mana system. It creates more mana from itself, and remains stable, but it DOES have a limited capacity.

technically, mages don't draw directly from the mana core, they draw from ley lines that branch off of the core. drawing from even a SMALL nexus caused by two intersecting ley lines could cause a mage to overload and self-destruct. and those ones are stated to have near infinite mana. the core, on the other hand, is a giant nexus made by ALL of the ley lines intersecting at the center of lore, and even a shard of it is enough to make someone practically a god if they can somehow survive consuming it. so the core actually DOESN'T have a limited capacity, as it is essentially a source of infinite mana.

quote:

If Warlic learned to add the mana he generates to the magic he uses, his magic could become twice as powerful, and he will never overload on mana.

the problem with that is that he CAN'T do that, because it's not a matter of learning how to do it, it's a matter of how his magic fundamentally WORKS. for other mages, mana is a COST, but for HIM, it's a BY-PRODUCT. he has to let the mana burn off over time. besides, with the way his magic works, he already functions a lot like the mana core, but one that actually DOES have a limited capacity.
DF  Post #: 42
5/10/2017 14:42:59   
dragon_monster

I am curious here so we know that the Shapless empire too a shard from the mana core so I am curious the empty place that the shard left after it was taken was it refiled or its still empty.
Basically is it infinite does it have an way to sustain itself like the sun or its a finite resource like our iron core?
Because if its finite it means that Warlic is an more extremely long term source of mana.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/10/2017 16:07:24   
Dark Lord Urmi

I was thinking more along the lines of he himself would replace the core as a replacement battery sort of thing.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 44
5/11/2017 0:29:13   
Shiny_Underpants

quote:

~original: @VJ
i might be remembering wrong but I do believe Geo said that mana is the life blood of the planet and the life blood of all life on lore, So, what I told you was true from a certain point of view.

Magic was the lifeblood of Middle Earth. LotR spoilers:
spoiler:

Removing magic simply removed the colour from the world, from the Elves' point of view.

Also, if Warlic's magic comprised the core, it's likely that every bit of expenditure of mana from the core would increase the amount of mana in the core.
DF MQ  Post #: 45
5/11/2017 0:49:31   
dragon_monster

I do not think it goes like that see he uses magic and gains mana we use mana to gain magic. Now I do not know which is first its like the chicken and the egg. The thing is the mana we use is not gonna affect him and neither using it for magic will power him up.
The problem is he must use magic to gain mana for us to use. So how will that work. By the way we are assuming that the mana core is dead and somehow the planet did not get destroyed because it got nothing in the place the core is and falls in right?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
5/11/2017 1:24:17   
VJ

I can't help but wonder if the end of magic will require Warlic to actually get off his butt to save Lore by healing the Mana core.
Post #: 47
5/11/2017 1:29:57   
Shiny_Underpants

If Warlic's mana was that straightforward, why wouldn't he have tried getting mages to drain him of it? During the book 1 finale, the mages supporting the light shield could simply have siphoned Warlic's mana, meaning it would take longer for them to tire, and preventing him from splitting.

But that didn't happen.
DF MQ  Post #: 48
5/11/2017 1:35:34   
VJ

@SUP
'plot'
Warlic once said that book one was the hero's story not his so it was not for him to win or lose but for us.
but to be honest I have to wonder how much of warlic's history was thought out by the human warlic because it seems he was just set there for something else in the future and that makes me wonder if book 2's events was set up a very long time ago.

but now that we are out of b1 & b2 I think more can be done with Warlic(not kill him).
Post #: 49
5/11/2017 1:40:11   
Shiny_Underpants

Well, the character is one of the two insanely overpowered NPCs in the game.
But the new stories are based on the older ones, and they were written afterwards; I expect from Tomix and Geo that the plotline would consistent with the previous stories. Hence, since the only contradiction would arise with this potential outcome in the new saga (planned and written by Geo and Tomix[ish]), I doubt they would use said potential outcome.
DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: A quick prediction about the "end" of magic
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition