Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Item Rarity Poll

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Item Rarity Poll
Page 2 of 2<12

=AQW= Item Rarity Poll

Permanent gear's the best
  45% (41)
I prefer gear that goes rare
  14% (13)
Looks are more important
  27% (25)
Other (reply with info)
  12% (11)

Total Votes : 90

(last vote on : 5/28/2017 3:06:55)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/16/2017 11:54:36   
Doxus the OverLord

Taken from Keeper of the Owls's post:

quote:

Rares make money. AE's been cashing in on that notion for the past 8 years and the game has survived as a result.

This is sad, but this is the truth. Anyway, for me, the only problem when we enter the "rares" discussion is when it comes to classes. Classes mean utility, it is how you experience the game itself. Depending on the class you use the game is harder or easier. And this affects all the rest of the gameplay.
I don't care about rare hunters/collectors. I think the community should vote for things, and let the community tell what is better or not. This is democracy, this is the power of people.

No one will achieve a point to please everyone. And this isn't different with game design. I think we're having the best direction we could have. Staff is reading/listening our feedback and working based on our feedback. Haven't you guys pay attention at Alina's tweet when she asked about the lvl?It was may, 13th. And so, this last weekend, after having the result of 83% "playerbase" being lvl 60-65 AE is launching a release which will increase the lvl cap. I doubt that someone here is against raising the level cap. But this isn't the point. The point is that our feedback is finally being readed/listenned. And I'm grateful with this.

< Message edited by Doxus the OverLord -- 5/16/2017 12:02:35 >
Post #: 26
5/16/2017 22:57:31   
juanz1996

Other: i dont really thing items like non-rare or rares are better than others or anything like that because is all about how you implement the idea in general, like many people say there were a lot of rares and that makes rares a bad thing.
I like what looks nice, i have rares in inv because they look nice and i like having multiple options when wearing something, the rare or non-rare tag is at least for me not relevant. Anyway is interesting that most of rares are the ones that looks nice.
AQW  Post #: 27
5/16/2017 23:40:54   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

I've deleted a few off-topic posts about the level cap raise. I suspect it was started by accidentally posting in the wrong thread and just not catching it, but if you see a post that's off-topic, please try to alert forum staff rather than replying to it and making the rest of the thread derail even further. Thanks all!

Shadowhunt
ArchKnight, AQWorlds General Discussion
AQ AQW  Post #: 28
5/28/2017 2:23:59   
monsti

Perma rare is vital.

Uniqueness is important, in real life and in game.

Just look at the char pages of those people who claim perma-rare is unimportant at all - lots of their char pages are full of perma-rare items.

I for one, basically do not buy anything non-rare.

99.99% of my items (other than the Stick and classes) are rare.

Cheers,

Monsti

Post #: 29
5/28/2017 2:39:44   
Aura Knight

With so many rares released almost weekly, it makes sense that almost anyone can have a rare. They're part of the game whether we want them to be or not. But being in possession of rares while also wanting to see less of them isn't so bad.

While I don't think I'd be able to give up some of my items, I don't feel so strongly about all my rares. Are rares good for being unique? Perhaps, but it's not as if being unique is too important. I use items I like. If some are rare, that's nothing more than coincidence. I'd have no objections if others could have another chance at certain items from past years.

The one thing I won't fully disagree with is that perma rares are vital. However, this is only for the ac ones. Because they cost AC, purchasing them helps the game make a bit of money. Maybe not a lot, but it does help. However, with this, there comes too much reliance on the chance that people will make the purchase. There are certain AC rares that I question the creation of. Some things might not sell well at all. But I guess that's a risk that's unavoidable.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
5/28/2017 2:51:37   
Paulus Xiphos

Perma rare stuff are indeed vital for the survival of the game, but they should all be AC-tagged. Not only will players purchase ACs to buy them, they can also be stored for free in the bank. To some people who save ACs for rare stuff and not spend it on extra bank slots, it's not fun to run around with a certain rare item in your inventory forever.

Yeah, I agree some classes shouldn't be rare. Like Doxus said, classes mean utility and its part of the whole overall experience of the game. Maybe some rare classes' skills can be passed to less iconic looking non-rare classes so that the feel can still be experienced by new players, since games don't only value old players, but new ones too. Just look at The Collector, many players actually spend 90 days of daily farming just to get it's VoT skills.
AQW  Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Item Rarity Poll
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition