Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes May 12: Hunt for Atgno

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes May 12: Hunt for Atgno
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/13/2017 20:57:47   
FriendOfAFriend

Yeah, Elyrn is pretty great XD

Post edited. See your inbox. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 5/13/2017 21:16:08 >
Post #: 51
5/14/2017 0:06:30   
whitetigress

Ohh MUSIC SUGGESTION TIME!

Kinesis Theme II
The Lake of Oblivion
Greeting of the Death Angel
Forgetfulness

Enjoy everyone! :)
I'm not actually sure if I've posted any of these before.
DF AQW  Post #: 52
5/14/2017 4:28:40   
King of Zards

Friends, fiancees, widows, neighbors... No mother/child atgno?!
Post #: 53
5/14/2017 6:37:37   
dark garuda

People have covered most of the rest already... but I don't think the place we were sent to, and presumably it'd apply for the other hunt as well, was a real, existing place. It seems like a doctored edition of the hero's memories by the fact we cannot go to areas it seems we should be able to, had we not visited them in the past; explained by such things as 'you cannot' and 'you don't want to'. And obviously, there's no way Ashenvale would still be in the state it was last-seen, with the unburnt books and the unrotten food the townspeople had left before their flight.

The foes and the place didn't actually exist - whether the Rose apparitions represent people who would have gone on to join The Rose, had they survived; or whether they're those of Ashenvale that actually did join The Rose, I couldn't say. But we're being manipulated. To what end, that's a much more difficult question.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
5/14/2017 10:09:30   
whitetigress

@dark garuda:
I thought something was peculiar about the still fresh food and closed off areas! My finals addled mind just wasn't able to cook up (heh) a theory to explain what was going on.

Now how do we blend this with what Elryn's confirmed (?) to be some kind of manifestations from the feelings of the victims? I don't know how you guys see the Hero but they/we seemed pretty ignorant about the goings on with the world. But maybe this trip down memory lane is partly the result of the Hero's own dwellings over past mistakes and regrets? Like given the new perspectives they've had to acquire, this is how the Hero sees those things instead? Just how much of the Hero's thought process are we missing out on?
DF AQW  Post #: 55
5/14/2017 14:28:44   
Akiron

Loved this quest! That little smiley face at the end of the quest post even made me chuckle.

When I first played this quest, the mob that hit me in the gut was the "Friends Left Behind". There were other mobs that changed faces and hairstyles as I fought them, but when this mob started shifting throughout our fight, I was mulling over the Fire War again. Demento, Konnan, all the other people Akriloth (and Xan and Drakonnan) killed/tortured/brainwashed/etc... a ton of people survived that war, but the trauma they have is still palpable even though at least five years have passed. All the friends left behind, because of death or other circumstances, still exist in our memories and are not leaving us anytime soon.
Post #: 56
5/14/2017 14:33:47   
Kashlikaro

Well, that quest hurt.

The constantly changing features of "Friends Left Behind" was a painfully apt touch. Well done.
DF  Post #: 57
5/14/2017 20:46:38   
Vaalirus

I hope that you all get better and are taking all the time you need to recover, we wouldn't want you guys stressing over your work when your health is in the dumps

This quest honestly made me think of Brainiac's narration from the Injustice 2 reveal trailer, but one line in particular feels applies to this questline: "Yesterday's loss leads to madness"

We already got the basic idea of why The Rose was formed and why so many people felt the need to join an organization to end the threat of magic once and for all, from there we can assume they are simply misguided on this absolute notion of regulating magic. However, with Zad's , Akanthus', and the Rose Agent introduction and there needless desire to chain and collar all magical and recently non-magical beings and therefore we can only deduce that the The Rose's true desire is to control and dominate magic for their own end until of course we interact more with Jaania and thus it appear the organization has suffered the fate of all like it: betrayal and corruption. Then we see The Rose's splinter group The Thorns and Mr lord Theanbuttface and we think BY THE AVATARS JUST WILT AND DIE ALREADY!!!

Despite all of that I still think about some of the foot soldiers, Sam,Magus Neron, Jaania, and even possibly Theano(He's still a buttface though) and it's this quest that made me think how loss easily gets people to have either some of the best or worst determinations there is and at the end of it they all come together to create and support this "regime" of there's no matter how mad and flawed it may be in order to achieve their goals whether it be to personally end magic, the protection of all, revenge, or to feel at peace with a loved one. The loss of those killed or left behind from a catastrophe or basic event you felt helpless to stop can truly be a strong motivator in aiding folly.

< Message edited by Vaalirus -- 5/14/2017 22:02:22 >
DF  Post #: 58
5/15/2017 9:32:40   
Sanani

The moment you realise Hero doesn't want to open doors because child died here...
OUCH...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
5/16/2017 11:56:06   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF GD & RP

Just found time to play the release!

spoiler:

Oof... that music was a punch to the gut in terms of feels. I couldn't bring myself to use DL's fire attack against any of the victims.

Really curious to see where this keeps going, and I hope that all the staff feel better soon!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
5/16/2017 16:55:34   
FriendOfAFriend

@Starflame: ...take into account I literally used Pyromancer for the entire thing.

Wow, I feel evil.
Post #: 61
5/17/2017 4:51:39   
King of Zards

^ XD Hahahaa haa... ha...? ...aah... *sobs*

< Message edited by King of Zards -- 5/17/2017 4:52:41 >
Post #: 62
5/18/2017 14:13:24   
GammaCavy

@FreindofaFriand, Fortunately, I play as SoulWeaver, so I've never had that dilemma.
What will the next welsh name be? What webs are the questgiver weaving? Hihihihi hi hi indeed.
You know, there's someone else who might be doing this. Someone we only barely know exists. Someone with a tie to a certain Rose member. Someone likely to be a bit odd.
Could it be Gravelynn?
DF  Post #: 63
5/18/2017 14:33:31   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

well, we've had revulsion and remorse, so it'll probably be another negative emotion(because for some reason only the negative emotions linger. seriously, why can't there ever be a lingering HAPPINESS or something?)
DF  Post #: 64
5/18/2017 20:21:43   
GammaCavy

So maybe arswyd, for horror. We'll see tomorrow or next week.
DF  Post #: 65
5/18/2017 20:54:29   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

can confirm from both twitter, and design notes, tomorrow is the start of the gala. not sure about next week, either.

but you could be correct about "arswyd". i wonder what rose item will get infused with it? atgasedd got infused into weapons, atgno got infused with helmets, so maybe capes?
DF  Post #: 66
5/19/2017 15:46:27   
GammaCavy

Cape of horror... hmm? Ring of Horror? Bracer of horror? Those are the only slots left, unless there's going to be an arswyd infused stan the scan orb or something like that. How many other Rose pets even are there?
DF  Post #: 67
5/19/2017 15:49:48   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

there's also belts, amulets, and trinkets.....
DF  Post #: 68
5/19/2017 16:12:06   
GammaCavy

Right, I forgot belts and amulets! Thank you for the reminder Greyor. At a guess, excluding pets and trinkets for reasons of diversity and number logic, we'll have five more of these quests to go, which makes seven lingering woes. Pets are out because I cant actually see the Stan orb option, and there aren't other Rose pets. And I cant remember ever having a trinket with different ranks and available to all levels before .They're always solo items. That's not to say Elryn wouldn't do it, but it would be a bit odd and against prior logic.
DF  Post #: 69
5/19/2017 16:16:49   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy well, there's the defender medal cannon and elemental unity for trinkets. but yeat, i can't see those getting atgasedd-ified.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/19/2017 16:17:15 >
DF  Post #: 70
5/19/2017 19:55:11   
GammaCavy

Exactly Greyor. Therfor, my guess is that we have five more to go, and they'll be emotions that link up with the Seven Deadly sins. We've had Atgassed, hatred, which links as wrath, and atnogo, regret, which can link to jealousy (why were they saved when we were not), and then turn to full on envy... etc, etc. Or it'll be a new combination altogether. I still suspect seven will be the final number, due to the above points though.
DF  Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes May 12: Hunt for Atgno
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition