Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What do you believe Cysero's capabilities are? How strong is he?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: What do you believe Cysero's capabilities are? How strong is he?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/16/2017 3:28:24   
Alamiran

@Shiny_Underpants Ash has confirmed that our dragon could beat an Avatar, and Cysero fought on par with our dragon, using a huge chickencow, which he might have magically enlarged himself. He is also probably a lot FASTER than an Avatar, as he could run too fast for the Hero to even notice that he went to another part of his Superstore of Savings.

@Dark garuda What do you mean by "even Lim"? Lim is one of the biggest geniuses in the world, perhaps THE greatest scientist except maybe the Professor. And Lims black hole probably couldn't have destroyed Lore, as it didn't really work in the same way as a real life black hole.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
5/16/2017 4:49:04   
Silver Sky Magician

Verly has stated that a lot of what Ash said shouldn't be taken as canon because he didn't necessarily discuss them with the staff beforehand.

Among the things Ash said was that warriors and rogues don't actually use mana, they use stamina, which is obviously a very restrictive concept when developing the Rose storyline.
Epic  Post #: 27
5/16/2017 5:02:20   
dragon_monster

Later he contradicted himself saying saying that they use mana when an warrior does anything besides the normal attack.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
5/16/2017 6:07:23   
Alamiran

@Silver Sky Magician To be exact, what Verly said was that everything Ash said is true as long as it hasn't been contradicted by another dev or in game, and this hasn't. And since our Dragon was powerful enough to distract Wargoth, who's equal to ALL the Avatars combined, I'd say it could probably beat an avatar, ESPECIALLY if it is primalized with the opposite element. The Hero could also beat Fiamme, I know she was weakened at the time, but still, she WAS an Avatar.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
5/16/2017 9:06:56   
  Starflame13

Gryffin Warrior of DF GD & RP

Gentle nudge back on topic to discussing the craziness that is Cysero!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
5/16/2017 9:18:06   
dragon_monster

Honestly there is ton of proof that Cysero is strong but the problem is we have no point of reference we never saw the abilities of an normal mage ever and we do not know what is normal or not for one.

What we know is that no matter his raw magical prowess his items and his intelligence just put him at a god like level as Zeuster said he is on the same plane as him and Zeuster is an god.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
5/17/2017 8:47:05   
brotherinlaw

Might I point out that the Guardian tower is an ancient fortress housing magewarriors and no-doubt has wards and barriers up the wazoo, not to mention an Elemental Orb in it's basement. If I understand the Orbs correctly, they are such powerful condensed elemental magic that magic will bend and warp in it's vicinity, like light will bend near the outer limits of a black hole. The fact that THAT had wards on it that kept it unnoticed indicates they are incredibly powerfull.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Cysero broke the law of equivalent exchange in converting rock into a living, organic being. That and breaking the wards on a whim speaks highly of his skills.

Also, Zeuster refers to him as a higher being, or at least "close enough"

I'm surprised I'm not seeing any crazy conspiracy theories that Cysero is an old god or something.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
5/17/2017 14:13:15   
VJ

@BL
I a forgot that Zuester said that, if that's the case could he he and Warlic be some what close in power?
Post #: 33
5/17/2017 14:47:07   
brotherinlaw

^Well, it IS worth noting that in AQW Cysero and Warlic were isolated from a man's plan to drain all magic into himself (It's been a-while, can't remember the specifics). He incapacitated them because their magic was different and would act differently in his spell, so he didn't want to take chances.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
5/18/2017 12:57:50   
GreyCat

In Cysero's "choose your own adventure" quest, there are endings where the Battleon is destroyed, and where the hero rots into a skeleton while listening to a long story from Cysero. When the quest ends, everything goes back to normal, as if the events in the quest never happened.

If that quest is canon (it might not be, I don't know), Cysero has the ability to manipulate time and reality at will, which makes him arguably the most powerful character in the game.

I'm too lazy to try and find it now, but some time last year I made a theory thread suggesting that Cysero saves the hero when they die, and is the reason that they always regain consciousness at the beginning of a level when they die.
DF  Post #: 35
5/18/2017 13:25:42   
Greyor_42

@greycat

quote:

some time last year I made a theory thread suggesting that Cysero saves the hero when they die, and is the reason that they always regain consciousness at the beginning of a level when they die.

that's a pretty interesting theory. i had always just chalked it up to the hero's incredible luck(not LUCK the stat, mind you).
DF  Post #: 36
5/18/2017 13:53:02   
GammaCavy

quote:

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Cysero broke the law of equivalent exchange in converting rock into a living, organic being.

I saw what you did there brotherinlaw. All humor aside, brotherinlaw has a point. The only genuine being of power greater than the Avatars and bale to bypass such laws of nature we've seen thus far is Zeuster creating bacon, and I'm pretty sure you don't transmute say, rock, into elemental, formerly living, cooked pig flesh. GreyCat has a good point too about Cysero's choose your own adventure quest. Unlike when we have an option to pick the wrong choice and get a nice little note about the bad future, the chose your own adventure quest is treated as if all the endings happen, and yet things revert to normal.
Now, how much of this is something Cysero does deliberately, and how much is that his presence simply warps reality... remains to be seen.
And if we ask him outright, we'd probably get either a shrug or a waggled finger and: Sore wa himitsu desu!

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 5/18/2017 14:13:53 >

sincerely, your friendly neighborhood warrior thespian dark lord and counter guardian Gamma Cavy
DF  Post #: 37
5/20/2017 4:23:07   
Christophoses

Like it was previously stated, Cysero is indeed a MacGuffin. He's a ridiculously powerful/intelligent mage that has the ability to accomplish unimaginable tasks that usually have no rhyme or reason. What he's capable of isn't supposed to make sense or able to be analyzed. He's not omnipotent, though. His physical and intellectual restrictions are just extremely vague.

< Message edited by Christophoses -- 5/20/2017 4:24:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
5/20/2017 4:27:48   
Alamiran

@Above I'd say he isn't very intellectual. He seems pretty dumb to me, actually. He just has a strange ability to make crazy inventions, quite similar to Gyro Gearloose from Donald Duck/Ducktales.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
5/20/2017 4:30:18   
Christophoses

@above

He's silly, not dumb. There's a major difference.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
5/20/2017 12:08:43   
Greyor_42

@alamiran

i would recommend you check out the cloudcuckoolander page on tvtropes, as well as the cuckoolander was right, as cysero fits into BOTH of these categories perfectly. the first one outlines that more often than not, the character is actually incredibly intelligent, they don't use the same logical process as us. the second one shows that, despite their odd leaps in logic, they really DO know more than they let on, and can be correct about things after all. these are BOTH true for cysero.
DF  Post #: 41
5/22/2017 19:42:58   
PurgeXZ

Let me put it this way:
Cysero soloes DBZ. Is that not accurate?
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: What do you believe Cysero's capabilities are? How strong is he?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition