Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

All things Magical

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> All things Magical
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/14/2017 2:11:02   
SoullessButProud

OK. I've been thinking
about magic in df. specifically certain elements like bacon, good, evil and more.
so the elemental orbs were made by the elemental avatars right. so who made the bacon orb? is there a bacon avatar? if so does he or she represent a realm completely made of bacon?
are there anymore elements we don't know about? if so what do you think they are? are there orbs or good and evil hiding out there guarded by something other than guardians? if pure magic is added to the game as an element with the rose be weak to it? when drakrath used the ultimate orb to merge with fluffy the element they aligned with was darkness. fluffy like our dragon can use any element and the ultimate orb is most likely neutral so did the darkness part come from drakrath? but drakrath was evil so why didn't they align with evil instead of darkness. is it because drakrath was a representative of the shadowscythe which are darkness elementals? when the hero uses the unity ability the element they align with is good. so does this mean that the hero represents the element of good if not more?

also post your questions on magic plz

All-caps content removed. Even in thread titles, please do not post in all-caps, as it is considered spam. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 5/14/2017 18:22:41 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
5/14/2017 5:16:09   
Shiny_Underpants

To know more about the Bacon Orb, go to Valencia and do the 'Bacon Origin' questchain (You can get to Valencia using the 'Bacon Orb' button in the Book 1 book of Lore). That will answer some of your questions.
The element is Bacon, but due to the presence of Fried Egg Elementals, I suspect it is actually the Plane of Breakfast.

According to Word of God, 'Good' and 'Evil' elements don't represent actual elements. 'Good' damage is always used for weapons that unify the elements (Glory weapons, Elemental Unity etc.). 'Evil' damage is simply done when there is no associated element, where 'Good' damage doesn't apply. And 'Fear' damage (which is easily confused with 'Evil' due to the identical icon and soundbite) is done instead of 'mana' damage (such as in the Manacrest fight).

For ease of discussion, 'Mana' damage (which is an 'element') should not be confused with 'Magic' damage (which is a damage type- melee, pierce, magic). This is also why 'Mana' damage isn't called 'Magic'.

Fluffy was already aligned with darkness, since Seppy cast a darkness spell to make Fluffy a dracolich (since he was wearing Doomknight armour, his most powerful spells would have been darkness ones, due to the darkness spirits imbued in the armour)

As far as we know, only nine orbs were created, eight by the avatars, and then the Bacon Orb which had its own unique origin.

Why is mana damage 'Fear'? Since mana is comprised of two forces in conflict, I doubt that it is called 'Fear' damage for no reason.

Also, what type of existence do spiritlooms have? If you plunged different element looms into an aluminium sheet, what effects would it have with the aluminium?

And lastly, and most importantly, are there elemental spirits aligned with the Breakfast element? Why aren't there Baconlooms?
DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/18/2017 12:47:32   
Jovan

@Shiny: There are no Bacon spirits because it is a new element, and thus no Soulweavers have died in a manner that would have attuned them with that element. Unless the team now decides to make a Bacon weaver.

"We do not allow foul language, nudity, extreme realistic violence or drug/alcohol use in our games." - The DF Parent Letter
AQ DF  Post #: 3
5/18/2017 13:23:42   
Greyor_42

@jovan actually, bacon ISN'T a new element, it's just one that didn't have much of a physical presence in our plane until recently. if you replay the cutscene where valorus tells us the origin of the orbs in the earth orb saga, you see a chef holding the bacon orb when all the orbs are getting passed out, and this was 1,000 years ago.
DF  Post #: 4
5/18/2017 15:24:47   
Jovan

Now that I think about it, there isn't a timestamp for the ritual that created bacon. Well, it's not as old as the other elements. In any case, I can't imagine a death that would tie you to the Plane of Breakfast except maybe dying in a grease fire...
AQ DF  Post #: 5
5/18/2017 15:57:19   
ShadowMoon

quote:

Now that I think about it, there isn't a timestamp for the ritual that created bacon. Well, it's not as old as the other elements. In any case, I can't imagine a death that would tie you to the Plane of Breakfast except maybe dying in a grease fire...

choking on bacon
heart attack caused by eating to much bacon
being eaten by a bacon monster
food poisoning
bacon teleported straight into the heart
i could get more creative with this, but it might start pushing the forums rules
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/19/2017 1:44:41   
Shiny_Underpants

Remember that there are weapons made of Bacon in DF.

Would there be Elemental Spirits of the Void element? All the Soulweavers on the Void Ship who flew off when the shield went down and were... destroyed... by the Void Currents should have taken that element. And Vaal stated that the most powerful Chaosweavers walked the Void- if one of those had died in the Void, they too should have taken that element.

A Soulweaver attuned to a Void oriented soulally would then have access to Void magic, even if they weren't born with it. Also, a Fleshweaver who consumed a Void spirit...

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 5/19/2017 1:54:28 >
DF MQ  Post #: 7
5/19/2017 1:49:48   
Greyor_42

@shiny_underpants

quote:

Would there be Elemental Spirits of the Void element?

well, since void is portrayed by the "???" element, and you can make a soulforged weapon using that element(soulforged weapons use elemental spirits), i'd say that yes, there are elemental spirits that are attuned to the void element.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/19/2017 1:50:22 >
DF  Post #: 8
5/19/2017 6:07:13   
SoullessButProud

In aqw if you go to arcangrove, talk to rayst then click on reputation quest. there is a quest called gorillaphant poaching. the quests description starts with "the magi have shared a strong connection with the gorillaphant dating back to the era of ->DragonFable<-." Its also stated in the main quest in arcangrove that if lore is cut off from the para-elemental plane, lore and everything on it would die. now i know that df and aqw are most likely different universes but the quest description makes it sound like df is in aqw's past. if so would that would confirm that theory about the Rose's end goal life threatening to lore and it would mean not only did the rose fail but they were completely disbanded before aqw. Also what is your opinion on a bacon mage (probably not as a class but as an ncp) withabilities like food coma (stun), food poisoning (poison) and hero sandwich (heal).

< Message edited by SoullessButProud -- 5/19/2017 6:08:12 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
5/19/2017 8:43:46   
Silver Sky Magician

DF's mana core seems fundamentally different from the para-elemental plane, I wouldn't put much weight on AQW lore. As the staff have emphasized repeatedly they are different timelines after all.
Epic  Post #: 10
5/20/2017 4:16:54   
Christophoses

@SoullessButProud

DF is AQW's past to a certain extent. DF is basically 1/3 of AQW. I'm not going to go in-depth on this topic, though, since it's off-topic.

The mechanics of Mana are unknown in both AQW and DF. We can't really draw any conclusions from something that we don't understand.

----

@Silver Sky Magician

quote:

DF's mana core seems fundamentally different from the para-elemental plane

We don't really know anything about this, but even if we did I would think it's safe to say that the Mana Core and Para-Elemental Plane are in fact "fundamentally different". It would be like comparing a drop of water to an ocean.

----

As it stands, there are/were 8 Elemental Orbs created by each Elemental Avatar and a Bacon Orb with a relatively unknown origin.

Mana seems to be both an element -- which comes in the form of "Fear" -- and the building blocks to all other elements. As it stands, there is no ruler over Mana/Fear.

Good and Evil aren't Elements, but rather concepts that have a tangible side to them. They have no Avatar.

Void is a mess of Elemental energy that has become its own Element. It has no known ruler.

Silver, Wood, Poison, Metal and Disease are Elements with no Avatar.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> All things Magical
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition