Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

So why do you think the hero was not invited to any ball before?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> So why do you think the hero was not invited to any ball before?
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/18/2017 18:15:36   
dragon_monster

So here is the thing the ball will soon start and probably will find the answer then but hoping to guess the ideas of the staff I made this thread for us to discuss why was the hero not invited in the past to any ball?

My opinion is that someone blocks our invitations to the balls and the king's court. Someone that does not want us to mingle with fancy pants nobles and become one of them. The guilty one I think was Ash who stopped the letters out of fear we will change and abandon him.
What do you all think?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
5/18/2017 18:42:20   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

honestly, there's a much more logical answer than "ash is a yandere all of a sudden with absolutely no explanation as to why he would be".

up until now, there hadn't BEEN any balls to be invited to. or the hero wasn't yet renowned enough to be invited to any that DID happen.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/18/2017 18:43:01 >
DF  Post #: 2
5/18/2017 18:43:20   
monstervet

Have you seen the "HERO" dance?

Two left feet.
I mean the only lamer thing would be if he had 10 toes, one on each of his 10 feet. Long story short, the only dance he/she knows is the "Tango De la Muerte" also known as Claw-Plagh.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
5/18/2017 18:47:38   
dragon_monster

Better the the shepard move.
@Greyor we killed Akriloth that should have brought some recognition you know. Not some a lot quite a lot. He until we killed him was the greatest monster that plagued the land according to the hero himself.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/18/2017 18:49:08 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
5/18/2017 18:55:00   
FriendOfAFriend

Who says we haven't?
Post #: 5
5/18/2017 18:59:20   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

like i said, either there WEREN'T any balls to be invited to, OR we weren't renowned enough. as in, by the time we WERE famous, there weren't any balls being held(at least, until this current one. and whatever ones took place while we were frozen). remember, during pretty much the entirety of books 1 and 2, we were either a complete unknown to the world, or there were MAJOR threats that were constantly needing to be dealt with. there probably wasn't any time for balls to even be held.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/18/2017 19:00:42 >
DF  Post #: 6
5/18/2017 19:22:39   
dragon_monster

quote:

Who says we haven't?

There will be no need for the king to tell of our outfit if we where in one before.

@above It was years until we got frozen and an couple of them we where quite famous like saving 2 towns of the kingdom one outside of it doing and heroic last stand against Xan in one of them saving on of the kingdoms towns several times and saving the king and that was in the first 2 years.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
5/18/2017 19:24:22   
FriendOfAFriend

So, you don't have 100% ingame quotes saying 'This is the first ever ball the Hero is going to'?

If not, you can't ask this question at all.
Post #: 8
5/18/2017 19:35:00   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

Maybe from a story telling perspective there wasn't a reason for us to go to a ball until now? It could be as simple as that, not everything needs to have a ingame reason for it. Saying that Ash was hiding the invitations from us is jumping to conclusions when we have no evidence to go on aside from this is our first ball. There could be any number of reasons why, both ingame and from a story perspective.
DF AQW  Post #: 9
5/18/2017 19:35:10   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

you keep focusing on the "hero wasn't renowned enough" part, and not paying any attention to the other thing i said:

quote:

by the time we WERE famous, there weren't any balls being held(at least, until this current one. and whatever ones took place while we were frozen). remember, during pretty much the entirety of books 1 and 2, we were either a complete unknown to the world, or there were MAJOR threats that were constantly needing to be dealt with. there probably wasn't any time for balls to even be held.

THIS is the part you should be paying attention to.....

quote:

It was years until we got frozen

only about 3-4 years. 5 at the most, if we're being really generous. and again, lore was pretty much non-stop at war with evil the entire time. was any ball held when valtrith started causing trouble? canonically, no, not really. nor was there any even after caitiff consumed valtrith. so, we can assume that during the entirety of the orb saga(while seppy was still at large), and during book 2 with the wargoth jr. incident, the people of greenguard had, *ahem*, more important matters to attend to than a royal dance.
DF  Post #: 10
5/18/2017 19:37:12   
monstervet

Devils advocate here

The fact that they know what a "BALL" even is means at least one Ball occurred previously, otherwise the Hero would have been invited to a Formal Dance Party with social dancing.

One must realize that they think Technology is magic (some not all, mainly because this is unknown to them, therefore misunderstanding occurs) therefore similar ideals may occur, such as if a (glob forbid) Vegan appears they misinterpret them as a vegetarian.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
5/18/2017 19:57:17   
dragon_monster

quote:

only about 3-4 years. 5 at the most, if we're being really generous. and again, lore was pretty much non-stop at war with evil the entire time. was any ball held when valtrith started causing trouble? canonically, no, not really. nor was there any even after caitiff consumed valtrith. so, we can assume that during the entirety of the orb saga(while seppy was still at large), and during book 2 with the wargoth jr. incident, the people of greenguard had, *ahem*, more important matters to attend to than a royal dance.

Yeah but you forget the log war we had this winter called the black winter war. We where kinda busy also with an war and the ball still happened sure winter is long its 4 months so there is time but this just proves that an war does not cancel an ball. They just probably wait for the war to be over. If its true now why not in the past.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
5/18/2017 19:59:33   
FriendOfAFriend

Just want to re-iterate again that this question/debate is literally pointless as there is nothing ingame that has ever said that we've never gone to a ball before.
Post #: 13
5/18/2017 20:10:38   
dragon_monster

Royal Ball pretty sure never or else the king will not have to tell us to try to wear something formal. Its clear that if we ever went to an royal ball that will be understood.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
5/18/2017 20:13:45   
FriendOfAFriend

Nope.

You always remind someone to wear their seat belt when driving, even if they've driven before.

You can be 'pretty sure' we've never gone, but it is 100% inarguable that there is a strong possibility that our Hero has gone to a ball before. Because, yanno, it's never been stated that we've never gone to a ball before! :D
Post #: 15
5/18/2017 20:39:57   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

the black winter war takes place BEFORE the ball. do you SERIOUSLY think alteon would host a ball in the middle of an apocalypse? OR that the hero would ATTEND a ball in a middle of an apocalypse that they're trying to PREVENT?

besides, the ball was scheduled BEFORE caitiff took our dragon. and again, i must repeat myself, we were CONSTANTLY fighting against major threats during the ENTIRETY of books 1 and 2. threats, mind you, to the kingdom and all of lore. so, balls most likely weren't even being PLANNED during that time.

@friendofafriend

quote:

but it is 100% inarguable that there is a strong possibility that our Hero has gone to a ball before.

eh. it actually sort of IS arguable whether or not there is a "strong possibility", since that implies more than 50% chance. i'd say it's more in the ballpark of 10-20% chance, which would be referred to as a "small possibility".

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/18/2017 20:45:07 >
DF  Post #: 16
5/18/2017 20:51:27   
dragon_monster

Yeah you are right the war happened before like I said but the ball was still you know held or will be. Book 3 was not really peaceful either it had its shares of war mostly against Varlith but do they not count or what?
What I am trying to say to you its that the wars do not stop an ball like they do not this time. So peaceful or not balls are held and we are not invited for so much time to any of them.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
5/18/2017 21:04:49   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

Book 3 was not really peaceful either it had its shares of war mostly against Varlith but do they not count or what?

like i said, no balls were held during the confilct with valtrith. notice that the ball we're going to NOW was first mentioned before the whole valtrith debacle. then wasn't brought up again until the tournament of champions when it was mostly believed that everything had calmed down.

besides, book 3 might not be peaceful, but i wasn't referring to in game wars. i was talking about the ONGOING CONFLICTS that we had throughout the ENTIRETY of both book 1 and book 2. the constant races for the elemental orbs, the attacks that had to be constantly dealt with, AND the wars. there was pretty much NO downtime for there to be any ball prepared during that time.

yes book 3 isn't peaceful, i never said it was. however, book 3 is SAFER than the other 2. mainly due to the rose(as much as i hate to admit it) actually KEEPING things that way for the last 5+ years. it's not a case where there serious conflict all the time any more. yeah, this ball was postponed for at least four months, but there's actually TIME to be able to plan a ball that would need to be postponed now.
DF  Post #: 18
5/18/2017 21:07:30   
LurkBlackSmith

Inviting us to balls may involves telling the chefs and servers either they got a big proper supply to last two royal galas be stuffed into one due to our hungry stomachs demand, obvious reason.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 5/18/2017 21:11:01 >
DF  Post #: 19
5/18/2017 21:24:39   
dragon_monster

quote:

besides, book 3 might not be peaceful, but i wasn't referring to in game wars. i was talking about the ONGOING CONFLICTS that we had throughout the ENTIRETY of both book 1 and book 2. the constant races for the elemental orbs, the attacks that had to be constantly dealt with, AND the wars. there was pretty much NO downtime for there to be any ball prepared during that time.

I will not go that far not like I know what the king did during constant things to deal with besides that he did not dealt with that was the hero mostly. But lets take the hero the one who dealt with all that craziness he had time to mentor and help 2 young aspiring knights, learn to be an blacksmith then an chef then train his dragon and play with him besides having time to trick or treat on Mogloween then spend quality time with some mooglins in an icy village then help in issues of love sometimes between vampires and not successfully and all this is multiplied by an couple of times. This was the hero the one who actually dealt with all that constant things to deal with.

Is the king really with more constants things to deal with then the hero?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
5/18/2017 22:19:38   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

just because the HERO was the one doing the fighting doesn't mean that nobody else did anything. there IS such things as relief efforts after all. besides, the hero wasn't the ONLY one ever fighting. the guarians were very commonly involved in alot of the struggles. that AND people did suffer throughout the entire time. alot more than they do in book 3. plus they didn't feel as SAFE as they do currently in book 3.

as for the holidays, again, the whole time slip thing we were talking about a while back. most of the holidays happened sort of outside the main timeline, kind of like titans of battleon did. and the training to be a chef and blacksmith things probably aren't canonically part of the story. the only misc. skill that IS technically canon is fishing, due to it being required to do the water orb saga.

quote:

Is the king really with more constants things to deal with then the hero?

...uhhh, yes. that's kind of 90% of being a king. having to lead your people pretty much every waking hour. this includes passing laws, enforcing taxes, managing funding for everyone on your payroll(in other words, every single one of the pactogonal knights, and pretty much every noble that serves under him), sentencing criminals to whatever punishment he deems necessary, and, most of ALL in alteon's case, managing resources for relief efforts to deal with the aftermath of every conflict that the hero tries to resolve. alteon(and technically every king ever) has literally an entire kingdom worth of things to deal with EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE. the only reason this is lessened NOW, is because the rose has taken like, a third of those respinsibilities upon themselves.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/18/2017 22:27:04 >
DF  Post #: 21
5/18/2017 22:38:41   
dragon_monster

Nope they happened in book 1 and 2 sorry but it it what it is. For example lets connect the dots here. So we have frostvale year 1 where we beat icemaster Yeti we then have year 2 where we beat Xan who makes reference at the time we stole his pyromicon and trowned him in the lava and ice master yeti helps us the villain from previous year. Then later we have Noxus making them all charcoal statues where of course we know about him also because of the events of the darkness orb saga then we have Zadd who we stop and if you remember we had to hide our face so he can not know us in the main story. He knows us from Frostvale. So basically it happened sorry time slip probably in the sense that its unknown where they figure in the timeline but they still happened. Even the ones that do not have connection with the main story are connected like with ice master yeti example.

Also I do not care what guardians do what did the king did? Can you really tell me he had more on his hands then the hero that he could not make an ball. Even if only canon its fishing it he still seems to have had enough free time the hero.
Even absolute monarchs where not that busy sorry the greatest French king fought huge war after huge war yet he still had time to make balls and many other leisure things not connected to the state. He was an absolute monarch who said the state is me if I translate.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/18/2017 22:40:07 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
5/18/2017 22:45:28   
Ĉon
The Darklight Hero

The Hero might have saved the world countless times, but it doesn't necessitate being invited to a ball or gala each time.

In the case of THIS gala, it was more of a political move than a "thank you" kind of deal. The King saw the chance, took it, and now we've been invited as a courtesy.
There's probably a whole world of smarmy politics out there that the Hero wasn't privy to since they were so busy saving people all the time.

Imagine sending a team of foot couriers to invite the Hero to some small-time dance, when they could literally be up in the air on dragonback or fighting a Lv. 99 Adamantoise at any given moment. Too risky, and too much of a hassle.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
5/18/2017 22:46:44   
FriendOfAFriend

I am baffled about how you guys are debating a random statement Dragon is trying to pass off as fact.

It has never been stated that our Hero has never gone to a ball before. Never. That is the end of this debate
Post #: 24
5/18/2017 22:50:43   
dragon_monster

See all what ungrateful king we have and you still all like him. What is politics against might. At least once invite us or give us an medal or an badass sword like the queen does or land and titles and castles and servants you damned king.

Why do you all like such and ungrateful king its beyond me.

@FriendOfAFriend read the above you and good luck.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/18/2017 22:52:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> So why do you think the hero was not invited to any ball before?
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition