Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: So why do you think the hero was not invited to any ball before?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: So why do you think the hero was not invited to any ball before?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/18/2017 22:56:34   
FriendOfAFriend

@Dragon: I read the above post and it doesn't conflict with my post at all.

Post on the forum =/= a stated fact that our hero has never been invited to a ball. Some things, shockingly enough, happen offscreen and aren't really too important to be seen. When you get me ingame quotes, then you can debate this. Until then, pretty much all of your arguments fall flat because you are arguing a literal guess.
Post #: 26
5/18/2017 23:13:01   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

What is politics against might.

well, considering that "might" has been almost completely quelled by politics for hundreds of years, clearly superior. and completely unrelated to the topic........

quote:

At least once invite us or give us an medal or an badass sword like the queen does or land and titles and castles and servants you damned king.

i'm not so sure it's the KING that's ungrateful here.... besides, i'm pretty sure we HAD been given a medal by the king. and a sword. and DEFINITELY a title(a superficial title, but a title nonetheless)........

as for WHY we like him, we've given our reason multiple times.

reason 1. he legitimately cares about his subjects, and what they think.
reason 2. he de-throned a horrible tyrant who was destroying the kingdom
reason 3. he FIXED the kingdom, and led it to prosper, so CLEARLY he's very good at being king.
reason 4. he didn't take the throne for himself. he took it because everyone wanted him to.
DF  Post #: 27
5/18/2017 23:14:21   
dragon_monster

I disagree with you what we have ingame says more that we never went to an gala then go.I am not gonna say he went when the evidence is for the contrary like telling us to take more formal clothes. If we went to an royal royal gala its goes without saying. Or not knowing that Princess Victoria is Robina until we meet her on an visit to Oaklore. At an royal gala we certanly we would have meet the princess even more so sir Ano had to explain the characteristics of the princesess which the hero would have gotten if he ever went to an royal galla which he did not.
I can probably find more if I search.

@above Where is the medal?

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/18/2017 23:16:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
5/18/2017 23:17:40   
FriendOfAFriend

Never said we went to royal gala's, nor did you. The question was why we never went to a ball/gala before.

You can argue we never went to a gala by Alteon, but even then you can't since there's no ingame quotes saying we haven't.

End of the day you're arguing a guess (which is probably just so you can say alteon sucks again lol). I mean, feel free to, but don't act like this is anything but heavy speculation on a speculative assumption.
Post #: 29
5/18/2017 23:22:07   
dragon_monster

And yet if I do what you say or anyone well we have few things to talk about on this forum then. Also its kinda clear that we did not went to any galla before so much so that you are the only one here who denies it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
5/18/2017 23:29:03   
FriendOfAFriend

Like yourself, Dragon, I tend to enjoy seeing logical assumptions.

Assuming that the man/woman who saved the planet 3 times has never been to a ball before is not logical. It may not have been a big ball, but we almost certainly have been to some type of formal gathering.
Post #: 31
5/18/2017 23:49:19   
dragon_monster

Our interactions with the king seem to be more like in the lucky book event with an certain Baron we bring him some dangerous individual and he praises us. Nothing else.
I will have to check but the fact that the hero did not knew much about the princesses means he spends little in formal gatherings with the king if he does
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
5/19/2017 0:00:32   
FriendOfAFriend

The king isn't the only person in Lore who can host formal gatherings...
Post #: 33
5/19/2017 0:07:47   
Commander_In_Red

I think that it's simply the hero being too busy heroing to attend. Given Book 1 and 2 (the only books where the Hero began to gain recognition and respect from the royalty and nobility) and all the crazy stuff that went on during those periods of time, the higher ups attention would have been more on that and less on drinking, partying and gossiping. The hero being frozen for five years after that didn't help.

Now that I think about it, Book 3 has generally been more peaceful than the previous Books (the Calamity saga notwithstanding), due to the presence of a militia focused on preventing magical threats to Lore. (That's a discussion for another thread, however).

That's just how I see it at the moment.
DF  Post #: 34
5/19/2017 0:11:52   
dragon_monster

Besides the king we do not really have high society amigos to put it like that. We are friends with an crazy paladin that only trains others and kills undead, with an almost as crazy dragonslayer, and knight whose fun of an wedding is battle, an rare item hunter whose fun is well rare item hunting an princess that likes to play vigilante, an now grown knight who's formal wearing is wearing short sleeves to show off his muscles and mooglins who are well children. We have more but none of them are that into formal. Hell our anniversary involves us beating our food so you see the level of formal gathering the hero has.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
5/19/2017 0:53:46   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

because balls are usualy for the NOBILITY and high ranking in the politics. Being famous or renowed doesn't really add you to the guests list unless you happen to stumble upon someone inside the ball's workings (such as the host) and this person happens to invite you or the invitation is a prize, which the hero won in the later case.
DF AQW  Post #: 36
5/19/2017 2:40:12   
Huntex

*Pops head in* I just wanted to mention HOW we got invited.
spoiler:

We won tournament of Champions, remember? And the award for that was meeting with the King, buuut the Rose wanted to be defacult and said no. In retaliation the King straight out invited us to Gala as a award instead. Since the invite was a award, I'm gonna go with the "We never gone before" idea. But hey, what's the point in theory's if you can't be wrong sometimes.

DF  Post #: 37
5/19/2017 10:21:17   
dragon_monster

quote:

because balls are usualy for the NOBILITY and high ranking in the politics. Being famous or renowed doesn't really add you to the guests list unless you happen to stumble upon someone inside the ball's workings (such as the host) and this person happens to invite you or the invitation is a prize, which the hero won in the later case.

You must understand we are the most famous hero even before book 3 in the kingdom and his strongest knight as honorific as that is. Probably we are even nobles but even if not we have the influence of an powerful one we can raise armies as proven about 3 times by now and 2 times in book 1 in no small part because of our influence with the adventurer community. We should not be ignored even from an political standpoint.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
5/19/2017 10:36:25   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Dragon_monster, you seem to project your hero as a godly being everyone should know and worship, and if they don't (like you brought up the king) they are absolutely ungrateful. You expect praise, I understand that... but the hero doesn't :(
That's why they are the hero. They have standarts and qualities you should strive for!
I KNOW they are your hero, your avatar in the world of DragonFable... but the hero can teach you a thing or two too!
DF  Post #: 39
5/19/2017 11:10:36   
dragon_monster

I really hoped you did not say that. I am mostly rp this hero
quote:

Sir Stephan: The majority of the answers proved that the hero doesn't really care as long as the gold keeps coming.
<Character>: Yeah, it's not a dream job... But hey, at least I don't have to sweep backstage or something.
Sir Stephan: You sound incredibly lazy you know?
<Character>: Yeah I don't really care...
Sir Stephan: Now tell me, even you must have a favorite fight!
<Character>: I've had lots of fights! It's all work to me but if I have to choose, I choose:

Normal:
Doomkitten
Mysterious G

Titan:
Magma Xan
BrakenBerry
Wargoth

Sir Stephan: Well I've got a surprise for you! I talked to the time travel fairies and they agreed to take you back to your favorite battle!
<Character>: Wait, what? I don-

*The character is teleported back in time*

Battle
Defeat your enemy. Once you do:

*The character is teleported back to stage*

<Character>: Don't do that EVER again!
Sir Stephan: Did you have fun?
<Character>: What? Well I did get some gold again so I guess it was worth it...
Sir Stephan: Spoken like a true hero!
<Character>: Really?
Sir Stephan: Nope! That's it for today, people!
Sir Stephan: I hope to see you on our next special: "Zombies! Flesh Eating Monsters or Sensitive Misunderstood Creatures?"

Now you ruined it.
There is no fun in an goody two-shoes for me. People are interesting because of their flaws not their qualities in my opinion.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/19/2017 11:17:16 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
5/19/2017 11:24:48   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Then please clearly state that you are roleplaying AS your hero on the forums, because calling the king ungrateful is simply uncalled for.
And other forumers arguing with you see your responses as YOUR'S and not your hero's.
This is a general discussion forum, not an RP forum, so people might not realize you are roleplaying :)

Also, as much as you can roleplay your hero, it has to be your headcanon...
Because of the flash and staff limits, we can't reflect your roleplay onto your hero, as much as we want to.
That's why, in game, we have to steer the hero on a certain path, and only allow certain options.
We can't do branching storylines :(

< Message edited by Tomix -- 5/19/2017 11:30:10 >
DF  Post #: 41
5/19/2017 11:36:15   
dragon_monster

You do not get it I am playing an certain hero that was represented in the game. One of 3 and this one does expect things and strangely he is the neutral one. You see the thing the her has this side from the first time he was bored he asked can I get and reward for this and he did nothing. Now I know that I assumed wrong that hero expects something from doing the things he does but I truly believed until now he does expect something. For such an hero that I believed existed for the king to give nothing in return is strange.
Why is the king ungreatful he give us thanks you and nothing more. Sir Ano who did far less then the hero is rewarded with an political position.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
5/19/2017 11:49:11   
FriendOfAFriend

@Dragon: I mean, the Hero saying 'at least I got some gold' does not exactly equate to 'lets kill everyone, get paid for it and the King is a traitor who needs to die because he didn't invite us to a party' :P Some mental gymnastics might be needed to say that the Hero you RP has been represented in game. :P
Post #: 43
5/19/2017 12:20:29   
dragon_monster

You think this is the only think, what about warring baron "gold kiss" because an certain being promised the hero some gold weapons or the many quest where we beat innocent creatures to take some resources so we can make an weapon or an item. The vampire and werewolves quest where the hero showed he really likes things. The mercenary works for Robina and V Crossing then the jobs for the dwarf in Lymcrest his joy of having an cool new weapon that he expressed after beating Akrliloth.
Now where there contradictory things sure like letting the Blade of Awe be destroyed and hiding the pieces, the entire Zeuster saga probably more. I believed he was more gold orientated the good two-shoes.
I do not wanna kill him but I do not like him at all in 11 years there was nothing good shown about him or doing for the hero or for the kingdom or anything. Good not in good intentions but in actual things done. Every actual he did was terrible and since I do know about the past and how where things them I can not praise him for doing that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
5/19/2017 12:25:41   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

Every actual he did was terrible

I mean, if this wasn't flat our wrong, I'd agree with you.

Anyways, our Hero can want gold/stuff without only being in it for the gold. We're almost certainly not only saving the world/helping out kids etc etc for money though.

But I mean, if you WANT your Hero to be a mercenary who only helps people for money, sure, go for it. AQW is more the game where you can have your Hero be evil, but like, you can always pretend our Hero is a jerk if you want XD
Post #: 45
5/19/2017 12:30:04   
dragon_monster

If you played AQW even there the hero is an goody two-shoes if he joins the evil factions.

Yes the DF hero does not save the world for any material gain we do it for doing good. What can I say its terrible for me that is true and worse it makes thing even more illogical.
I am right about the king by the way everything he did us terrible.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/19/2017 12:32:04 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
5/19/2017 12:31:35   
FriendOfAFriend

quote:

I am right about the king by the way.

Okay then, list off every single action he has done and tell me why every single one he has done is evil.

Because supposedly the King that everyone loves has never done a single good act in his life.
Post #: 47
5/19/2017 12:58:18   
dragon_monster

No I am telling you he never managed to do an good thing in the 11 years of this game not try but do.Until I know how was the kingdom during Slugwarth I will not say that what Alteon did was an good thing. You know might makes right but was it good?

So lets start with first failed to stop Akriloth for years and years and years and years and years.

Second failed to stop Xan and lost his army and his elite knights.

Third when Baron what its name disappeared and attacked the kingdom he did nothing it was his treasurer by the way he had psychotic person as an treasurer and he did not knew it. When he revolted he did nothing and let the hero do everything.

Then he let the Rose rise which you will think its an good thing except we had 13 wars in book 3 for now so yes if as someone who said we ignore the Warlith an Caitff wars it an more peaceful time but the Varlith and Caitff wars still happened.

Now because not only he let the Rose rise he also sponsored them he is indirectly guilty of death and or imprisonment of countless mages. Nothing good came from his actions. Oh and making the hero and knight means nothing because its clear that the hero will have still been the hero without the title like that helped in any way.

Last but not least he took the hero for granted which is an action that led to the above. I will explain if you want.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
5/19/2017 13:36:47   
Greyor_42

@dragon_monster

quote:

Until I know how was the kingdom during Slugwarth I will not say that what Alteon did was an good thing.

well, considering the ENTIRE KINGDOM rebelled against siugwrath, this implies that slugwrath was a bad enough TYRANT(yes, tyrant, not king) that he needed to be overthrown, so yes, alteon doing so WAS a good thing. also, it WAS stated that the kingdom was falling apart under slugwrath's rule due to him overtaxing everyone and allowing bandits to do whatever as long as he got a cut of their spoils.

quote:

You know might makes right

no, it doesn't. and that is a VERY dangerous thought process.

quote:

So lets start with first failed to stop Akriloth for years and years and years and years and years.

oh man, it's SUCH a bad thing that he failed to stop a creature more powerful than the chaos dragon of prophesy, and that he had literally NO chance of being able to.......

quote:

Second failed to stop Xan and lost his army and his elite knights.

basically the same story as akriloth. xan was able to kill half a million people with a SINGLE SPELL. but sure, alteon COULD have stopped him, he just didn't try hard enough.

quote:

Then he let the Rose rise which you will think its an good thing except we had 13 wars in book 3 for now so yes if as someone who said we ignore the Warlith an Caitff wars it an more peaceful time but the Varlith and Caitff wars still happened.

yes, but up until valtrith was revived(again), book 3 WAS peaceful. and again, valtrith is more or less the same story as xan and akriloth. as was caitiff...

quote:

Oh and making the hero and knight means nothing because its clear that the hero will have still been the hero without the title like that helped in any way.

the title was't meant to make the hero a hero.... it was to RECOGNIZE their heroic acts, and THANK the hero for them. that's IT.

quote:

Last but not least he took the hero for granted which is an action that led to the above. I will explain if you want.

........seriously?!? when did alteon EVER "take the hero for granted"? that makes no sense!

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/19/2017 13:38:40 >
DF  Post #: 49
5/19/2017 13:37:07   
FriendOfAFriend

Yeah, nah, not going to be getting into this debate again. I remember you said something along the lines of Seppy being a better king than Alteon, so that just about gives me all I need to know on how this 'debate' would go if I gave you more fuel :P

I guess we'll agree to disagree.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: So why do you think the hero was not invited to any ball before?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition