Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes May 19: My Spot!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes May 19: My Spot!
Page 5 of 5<12345
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2017 8:06:40   
elite dark slayer

@dragon_monster
quote:

Yes not true that most do but why would people like peace and other things in an game where we beat innocent creatures and steal their stuff?
So... you're saying the ethical questions raised in this game should be resolved by 'what's the most fun course of action/which course of action results in the most gratuitous violence?'? I don't know about you, but I play this game for fun, and most of the fun in an RPG for me is the story, not the killing. If I want to kill something, and nothing else, I will go play a MOBA or something similar. Anyone can make a game that's basically mindless killing. It's the quality of writing, and the decisions the character make that truly distinguish one RPG from another.
quote:

Also the hero beat baby bears and wolves because he wanted to beat them so why would he be nice with an child?
As far as I can tell, the Hero was originally meant to be portrayed as a fundamentally good person.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 101
5/22/2017 8:17:13   
dragon_monster

Yeah remember this fundamentally an good person not an perfectly good one. Even the good persons have flaws. Are you telling me someone who yells at an child can not be an good person because that is kinda eliminating most parents that are, where or ever will be.
The hero is not a parent or a teacher and that kid took our place.

< Message edited by dragon_monster -- 5/22/2017 8:19:41 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 102
5/22/2017 13:56:05   
VJ

From what Geo said years back was the hero was 'good' not 'basically' good.
so until the current team ether retcons this or make the hero lead more to the grey or 'basically good' if you will.
Post #: 103
5/22/2017 14:05:57   
dragon_monster

Well they should not contradict themselves in the game and I do not mean a little. If you chose an path well stay with it. For example ignoring this last quest the hero stole, killed, assaulted did mean pranks lied and betrayed. And not all of them where done to evil beings well most where not.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 104
5/22/2017 15:31:05   
Detroness

An overarching theme that I've noticed within the organization - from the grunts to the leaders - is impulsivity. It's filled with people who have chosen to emotionally reaction to the problem that magic presents itself as.

Jaania:

• With good intentions, she broke up the fight between Warlic and Xan by jumping between the two of them.
  • Without waiting for an explanation, she freezes Warlic, Xan, and the Hero in a bit of divine retribution.
  • Believing that her view is right, she creates the Rose, without stopping to recognize that she's not the best leadership material.

Thorns Questline Antagonist (I forget his name):

• Activated manaphages without thinking of the consequences of letting them free.
  • Used extreme measures to get what he wanted from Clearwater, disregarding what would happen to the village after he got what he wanted.
  • Because of his extreme measures, he alerted the Hero to his activities. Now that the Hero's involved, the Antagonist might have to rush to meet his goal, fail to read the "fine print", and something bad happens (because it always does, let's be honest).

Rose Grunts:

• Upon seeing that the Ice Crystal has hatched, their first thought is to chain the Hero. If that does not fit the trope - Bullying a Dragon - I don't know what will.
  • Then again, this might be excusable because it could be protocol to chain anything even remotely magical.

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.
DF  Post #: 105
5/22/2017 16:58:29   
DestinyEvingar

Finally managed to bring myself to unlock Sulen'Eska and get up to this quest. 20 Rose emblems are a nightmare to grind for when you know from experience tha too much DF battling can damage your wrist...

spoiler:

It's good to see Kara doing well, all things considered. Though she and the hero seem to both have their own baggage they do not wish to burden the other with, which kinda hits me hard bc I've been that way for a good bit of my life.

As soon as I realized where we were headed I had to take my headphones out and sit back as I screamed internally. As cool as visiting Tkaanie with Kara is, I really wasn't ready to face Danyel again. And actually speaking with him...
Well, it's safe to say I'm still not over the Void Ship saga.

And who's that kid at the end? Gravelynn? Honestly, though, I'd prolly kinda yell too if someone were in my favorite spot and I was as mega stressed out as the hero.

This was overall a very well-done quest, and I can't wait to see what comes next ^^

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
5/22/2017 18:10:15   
VJ

@DE
I have two heroes that I have to do that for.
20 REs wouldn't be so bad if the only two quests wasn't so long.
or the fact that the light linch is hard to beat with out using an ally and the fact that he can over lap his shield up to three times in a row(I actually seen him do it up to four times keeping his shield active).

it also doesn't help that the tree fort is so laggy that even at the lowest setting doesn't help.

so I haven't finished unlocking it for my mage yet because all of that on top of 20 emblems is boring and time consuming to get.
I can upgrade my Death Knight gear faster than I can get a rose emblem.

and we are talking about needing to get two different resources to make one new resource and there are six different pieces of gear to up grade that can be done faster than getting the rose Emblems.
Post #: 107
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes May 19: My Spot!
Page 5 of 5<12345
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition