Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Oyva (SPOILERS!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Oyva (SPOILERS!)
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/20/2017 0:53:12   
Christophoses

I strongly recommend playing the "My Spot!" quest before participating in this discussion.

So, this happened. I don't even know how to start this thread. There are so many implications.

Thoughts?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
5/20/2017 1:14:59   
Kyros127

Personally I'm curious about Oyva's past. According to the Weaving Saga timeline she was the first of the original weavers to die putting her death before both her parents and her siblings. Wonder why that was.
Post #: 2
5/20/2017 1:34:36   
Greyor_42

well, whatever the cause of death, ovya is currently one of the only surviving members of the original family, in a sense. and it's clear that she is a partner to a soulsmith, which makes me wonder, what kind of weapon/armor piece did her partner put her in?
DF  Post #: 3
5/20/2017 2:06:13   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

considering Baltael became Danyel's soul ally, it might make sense Oyva is the "soul ally" of Edelia's soulsmith, since basicaly all 3 weaving syblings became spirits themselves.
DF AQW  Post #: 4
5/20/2017 3:42:20   
Christophoses

@Kyros127

Oyva currently has one of the most mysterious backstories out of the 3 weaver children.

----

@Greyor_42

Baltael is currently still alive. As for the weapon she is bound in, I'm going to guess it's a hammer. That just seems appropriate, in my opinion.

----

@Ergotth

It would be interesting to see if Vaal has a sibling (distant or immediate) whom Oyva is the Soul-Ally of.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
5/20/2017 14:06:07   
GammaCavy

I don't think full elemental Spirits get forged into weapons. If anyone remembers making the Soulforged weapon, we had to go find an underdeveloped and unaware Spirit for the forging. If Oyva is going to be judging, she' not underdeveloped. She's probably allied like a Swoulwever's Ally, and helps the Smith find the incomplete spirits, the way Aegis helped us.
DF  Post #: 6
5/20/2017 17:39:31   
Vaalirus

@Christophoses

You are talking about Baltael being alive as a spirit right?
DF  Post #: 7
5/20/2017 19:18:51   
Greyor_42

@vaalirus yes he is. in pretty much the same way that i was referring to ovya beingswo.

@gammacavy fair enough. though i'm sure that sentient/fully formed spirits can be components for soulforged weapons if they want to be.
DF  Post #: 8
5/20/2017 23:29:02   
GammaCavy

True, but to then emerge from the weapon again? We don't know enough about SoulSmithing to make that call.
DF  Post #: 9
5/21/2017 0:01:11   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

yeah, it's just speculation, but i wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being possible.
DF  Post #: 10
5/21/2017 0:39:38   
Fire alandry

I don't know if Oyva is currently a Soul-ally of someone, but I think that one day she'll be Katia's (Tomix's sister) ally- Danyel, the eldest, has a bond with Baltael; Tomix, the second, was in bond with Pandora; and Piotr, the youngest (at least now..) has a... relationship with Secundus, the creator of fleshweaving (and the closest thing to Roirr soul..)
So, it's just make sense that Katia will be the ally of the last sibling.

"Never make fun of someone who speaks broken English. It means they know another language."
DF  Post #: 11
5/21/2017 1:31:57   
Greyor_42

@fire alandry

quote:

I don't know if Oyva is currently a Soul-ally of someone

in the quest that brought this topic up, danyel LITERALLY just said "ovya and her soulsmith".....

heck, christophoses even gave a link to that exact scene in the oroginal post of this very thread......

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/21/2017 1:33:14 >
DF  Post #: 12
5/21/2017 1:52:57   
Fire alandry

@above
I know, but do soulsmiths have a soul- allies like soulweavers? Well, we know they are just soulweavers that don't want to weave, but I thought that they "break" their soul-bond because it's unnecessary. Maybe the soulsmith of Oyva is her apprentice, that what I thought when I saw this scene.
DF  Post #: 13
5/21/2017 2:31:22   
Greyor_42

@fire alandry what led you to believe that?
DF  Post #: 14
5/21/2017 3:21:35   
Fire alandry

Well, Lanrete. He's the only soulsmith we know about and it'd never been mentioned that he has an ally.
DF  Post #: 15
5/21/2017 3:39:34   
Greyor_42

@fire alandry well, he has to find the elemental spirits he puts in weapons SOMEHOW. and it's usually done with the help of another, more developed, elemental sprit like @gammacavy pointed out.
DF  Post #: 16
5/21/2017 13:39:01   
GammaCavy

So I just talked to Lanrete. His exact words on Soulsmithing:
quote:

*sigh* SoulSmiths are weavers who don't want to weave. Instead, we use tools to bind Elemental Spirits into objects.
Sentient objects. Weapons that act according to the wielder. Accessories that react to the emotions of the wearer.
Yes, Elemental Spirits were people once. No, this is not unethical. (You were gonna ask that, weren't you?)
We use undeveloped Elemental Spirits. Unlucky sods who died and didn't have the will to head on to their lives.
Weavers who, after death, stayed in the "larval" stage of the spirit. Real talk, we're doing them a favor.
Without us, they'd either get absorbed by corrupted Elemental Spirits or just simply fade away. We're giving them a purpose.
So, nothing unethical about it.
First things first, you will need an Elemental Spirit. The ones we need are those in the earliest stage of the spirit development.
They can be found in wild areas filled with elementals. They attract those. Elemental attunement or something. I won't get into details.
These Elemental Spirits will be used as a "core" of the item you're making. They will give this item special properties and elemental alignment.
Take your SoulAlly with you. It can sense and see other Elemental Spirits.

This doesn't say he has a Soul Ally, but it is implied, both the bit about the the Weavers who don't want to Weave, and that a Soull Ally is needed to locate the underdeveloped Elemental Spirits.
DF  Post #: 17
5/21/2017 15:37:25   
supersonic805

Lanrete does have a Soulally, it's in his floating doll.
DF  Post #: 18
5/21/2017 16:37:47   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Fun fact, notice how Lanrete refers to the Elemental Spirits and SoulAllies ;)
Namely to your SoulAlly.
A little insight into his personality!
DF  Post #: 19
5/21/2017 17:09:38   
Greyor_42

@tomix

if i read it right, then it means he doesn't view them as people after they die. even the "fully developed" ones like aegis, referring to HIM as an IT. so, he clearly views them as little more than tools to use. though i'm not quite sure this can be applied to every soulsmith. for all we know, he COULD be the exception.

and considering that even VAAL showed that he respected and cared about his soul "minion", that's....really not a personality that i'm comfortable with. then again, at least he doesn't eat them for more power like fleshweavers......

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 5/21/2017 17:10:15 >
DF  Post #: 20
5/21/2017 17:22:15   
FriendOfAFriend

@Greyor: I mean, what else would you expect from Vaal? He was Lore's most manliest man. The biggest badass in all of Dragonfable!

Part of me still (however foolish and already reconfirmed it may be) thinks that Vaal is the dominant spirit/soul thing of Secundus.
Post #: 21
5/21/2017 19:14:21   
GammaCavy

@Tomix and Greyor, I have noticed that It. I was offended on Aegis' behalf. So the question becomes: is this perspective typical of Soulsmiths, or unique to Lanrete?
DF  Post #: 22
5/21/2017 19:56:43   
Greyor_42

@friendofafriend

same here. i mean, roirr was resigned to death, and not wanting to become an elemental spirit, but vaal was dead set on it, and secundus has a very strong desire of self preservation. so even though i KNOW that secundus is his own entity that is sort of a weird, perfect blend of both personalities, i seriously think that vaal's personality is at the forefront.

@gammacavy like i said, i'm not quite sure if that can be applied to all soulsmiths, or if lanrette is simply an exception. personally, i'm hoping it's the latter.
DF  Post #: 23
5/21/2017 22:03:11   
GammaCavy

I hope so too Greyor. I hope so too...
I also hope to earn more about them soon.
DF  Post #: 24
5/22/2017 21:13:32   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Maybe Oyva could be like a Soul Eater* weapon, able to change between her spiritual form and a weapon xD

*the manga/anime
DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Oyva (SPOILERS!)
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition