Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 18 of 27«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/20/2017 0:52:25   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

Don't bother with NSoD as a Hero unless you've got absolutely nothing better to do and/or are trying to prove something. Especially for something as trivial as farming LTs. Just stick with the Dual Chainsaw Katanas, the 25% to Humans and Undead is more than sufficient to deal with the enemies in Dreadrock. They only have like 900 health.

AQ AQW  Post #: 426
8/20/2017 1:02:48   
ari462

Just that 1 shotting could speed it up but I guess you're right :D
Post #: 427
8/20/2017 16:20:28   
Stronius

Well, I doubt speeding up your LT farming by about a second and a half every time the mobs spawn is worth the LITERAL YEARS it will take a free player to get the NSoD.

Clever, witty, and slightly Daemonic.
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Stronius
AQW Epic  Post #: 428
8/20/2017 16:28:14   
Aura Knight

If you're looking for a weapon that does more damage to human enemies, you may as well get the chainsaw katana and/or the dual chainsaw katana. I think those do 25% extra damage to undead and humans. And the weapon's fairly easy to get. A 50% damage boost to human enemies is hardly enough incentive for a non-mem to get NSoD. I have tried finishing it but it's such a pain. I'll probably use the next 3 months for the void auras since I plan on upgrading in september. Hopefully by then I'll be able to finish the 7500 void auras I need and after all I have to worry about is getting more bone dust since I used nearly all for tainted gems for VHL.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 429
8/21/2017 8:19:31   
savor

Update: Just got BLoD! - 08/20/2017

after 1 month and 3 days.. i started farming 07/17/2017

woooo..

any suggestions what i should farm next?

i already have 2 Jugg items -Overfiend Blade and Crystal Phoenix.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 430
8/21/2017 8:28:18   
you stop

First off congratulations. I have some items on top of my head but i'll start with the most productive route in my opinion
1. Enchanted Nulgath Nation House - while this item seems extremely daunting, it's a really good investment for Nulgath Farming if you dont wish to spend ACs on farming pets
2. Get to Legion if you havent already
3. If you're member, you can start doing Sepulchure's DoomKnight Armor. It's relatively the same as BLoD but has a different take to its farming style.
4. And after you get SDKA, you can try your hands at Necrotic Sword of Doom, though this one is a daunting task that I won't consider any time soon since it doesnt give anything much in return.
AQW  Post #: 431
8/21/2017 8:43:48   
savor

how long does it usually take to farm SDKA?

i have work so my playtime is limited.. XD

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 432
8/21/2017 8:51:41   
XeNON_54

I think it's x3 the time it takes to finish BLoD.
Only because there aren't as many reliable ways to get Dark Spirit Orbs compared to normal Spirit Orbs.
Too much RNG. But not as much as AFDL RNG.
Post #: 433
8/21/2017 11:36:00   
The Forgotten

Exquisitely pathological (AQ Q&A/Strat)

@savor: Another option, since you've already started Nulgath farming, is to start working Drakath's Armor. It doesn't come with any boosts, but it unlocks a badge.getting the reagents for the quest (specifically, Dage's Scroll Fragment) is a decent way of ranking up Chaos reputation, and it unlocks a quest to get a second copy of BLoD so you can run two different enhancements on it.

@XeNON_54: And the RNG gods have seen fit to give me Uni 35 on my first turn in but <4,000 DSOs. :( Though tbh I haven't hardcore farmed DSOs in ages.
AQ AQW  Post #: 434
8/21/2017 19:03:04   
ChaoX

I just finished farming VHL. That was the hardest farm I have ever done. I'm not going to even bother with AFDL, SDKA and NSoD untill I absolutely have nothing else to do. By then, the nightmare of tedious farming will start again xD

In other news, my membership is going to run out on thursday and I still haven't gotten Chrono Assassin. What's funny is that I already completed the tachyon blades but I still do not have enough fangs (only 7)

Is legendary elemental warrior easier to get? I have no idea if I can get it in one day.
AQW  Post #: 435
8/21/2017 19:20:03   
ari462

There's not enough top tier legion stuff to grind for. Like nulgath has stuff that takes a very long time to get but legion seems to just have LTs. Wish they'd add maybe a new type of hard to farm legion currency.
Post #: 436
8/21/2017 19:25:08   
fxmybrute13

@Chao : I think with a good farming party, you should be able to get the last 5 fangs for CA by the end of the day. LEW isn't that bad to get, all you really have to do is rank 6 Elemental Master. Easier than CA, but depending on the amount o time you have, you should be able to get both.

@ari : Without a paragon pet (even Shogun, since it's not in season), Ultimate Lich King at 10K LTs and Legion Castle at 25K LTs take a good while to get. The reason you don't think they're that hard to get is because of the constant release of good paragon pets. But that's a conversation that I'll leave to the paragon pet mini-thread.
DF AQW  Post #: 437
8/21/2017 20:01:29   
ari462

@fx true, but even still I don't think it compares to nulgath items. I mean, with the quest that gives 5 LTs each I can get 500/hr with potions active. That means 50 hours for the house. Sure it is a lot, but (and I don't have experience farming nulgath stuff yet) doesn't it take much longer for many of the higher end nulgath items?
Post #: 438
8/21/2017 21:48:25   
you stop

I think one of the biggest misunderstanding with legion is that "it's limited to Legion Token Farming." No it's not. Try scanning through Legion Exercises 1-4.

Although I have to agree, there is a massive lack of Top Tier farming besides those and the high Legion Token costing items. And with the release of better and better ways to farm LTs (paragon pets), the only few answers I can think of are:
1. Inflation or;
2. Nerf the inflow of LTs to match the outflow (aka lower the drop of LTs from 50 to 25 or something)

< Message edited by you stop -- 8/21/2017 21:49:18 >
AQW  Post #: 439
8/21/2017 21:51:03   
ari462

Ik haha I already did those though and have all the weapons lol. Only took me like a week to finish but maybe I was lucky.
Post #: 440
8/21/2017 21:55:36   
you stop

Then I guess the only things left for you to do are the ones that cost too much LTs like the Legion Castle or the full Cerberus Set. Though there are a bunch more items in game (not legion nor nation) to farm for so I guess you could try your hands at those

< Message edited by you stop -- 8/21/2017 21:56:10 >
AQW  Post #: 441
8/22/2017 5:21:09   
fxmybrute13

@Ari462, just took a quick glance through your inventory, and looks like you don't have Corrupted Dragon Slayer (you could have it in the bank, but I can't see it). Valoroth also has a pretty low drop rate from its quest, so you could try that.
DF AQW  Post #: 442
8/22/2017 6:08:33   
ari462

@fx ooooo thank you!!! I missed that weapon!!
Post #: 443
8/28/2017 4:39:02   
Blue49127

So in farming for legion tokens I currently own the FPDR and the Shogun paragon pet, which is faster? If FPDR is slower ill probably just sell it.
DF AQW  Post #: 444
8/28/2017 4:55:26   
you stop

do you have mounted paragon? according to Shadowhunt's Guide, Festive + Mounted produces a good amount of Legion Tokens. altho at the same time, that would mean u have to constantly switch between 2 pets while turning in so in terms of convenience, i'd stick to just shogun. i'll probably keep festive tho just because it's rare and it's a good design in itself.
AQW  Post #: 445
8/28/2017 5:10:26   
Blue49127

Unfortunately I dont own the mounted paragon. I guess ill keep it for now until I need the ACs.

Edit: Also i've been trying to farm VHL lately, and would it be a good idea to do the roentgeniums first before the crystals? so I can waste 2M gold on chocolates then farm stuff needed for the crystals and gain back the 2m?

< Message edited by Blue49127 -- 8/28/2017 5:14:26 >
DF AQW  Post #: 446
8/28/2017 5:47:22   
you stop

i cant really tell for sure which method would be best but i did void crystals first since i have ceremonial void knight sword, which makes farming those much easier. also, void crystals saves bagslots :^)
AQW  Post #: 447
8/28/2017 9:47:23   
Metakirby

I would probably say that farming Roents first is the most time efficient way.
1. It will give you all the Uni 10s you need (not too much of a factor if you are farming with Larvae/Supplies, because you get 1 per turn in, but could relevant for anyone using Orbs or CVKS).
2. Because Roents will require 15 Uni 13s total, you will be farming Larvae/Supples/Assistant, or whatever you use for Uni 13s, this means you have a very high chance of grabbing some extra resources from those quests which can be used for Void Crystals later, lessening the farm for this by a little bit.

Farming Roents first does require slighty more bagspace, so I guess it's up to your bagspace situation which one you do first. It's not like it's so much faster, but small optimizations can mean a lot in the end.
AQW  Post #: 448
8/28/2017 12:37:29   
  Shadowhunt

Snow Angel of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

I did the Void Crystals first mostly because I already had a good amount of the reagents saved up from farming AFDL. That said, I'd still advocate doing the Void Crystals first. I'd argue they're the harder part of the farm, so if you get them out of the way first, you'll have slightly easier sailing from there. If you're doing the Roents first, you still have two rather difficult Void Crystals to earn, so what seems really close may not actually be.
AQ AQW  Post #: 449
8/28/2017 13:53:29   
xPrototypex

Really depends on what resources you have already, but seeing that traditional (ie. Larvae/Assistant/Supplies) Uni-13 farming gives bonus reagents I'd say doing Roents first is the more efficient way. Especially if you're starting from scratch. That single additional DCS/GoN/TG can definitely shave a lot of minutes from your farming time, which add up in the long run.

But of course at the end of the day no one's stopping you from employing your own strategy/timetable on how you do this large of a farm. The most important thing is have fun while doing it! :)

Edit: basically what MK already said up top.

< Message edited by xPrototypex -- 8/28/2017 13:59:13 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 18 of 27«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition