Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/13/2017 9:17:01   
iDreadnaut

@Valkan
People normally use the /goto command to skip the puzzle.
AQW  Post #: 626
10/13/2017 9:38:34   
Metakirby

@iDreadnaut
The case of Blood Gems (and a couple other quests for that matter) is slightly different though, in these cases, there is a static drop, followed by a random drop. In the case of Void Auras, the static drop is listed as a random drop, although I guess it's intended to work the same.

I believe ErosionSeeker made some statistics on this and found that both the 5 and 10 reward has an approximately 33% droprate (or 1/3 chance). The 2 reward is guaranteed though. I assume this is because as of current AQW, it grants the 2 VAs no matter what, but if a higher reward drops, it drops that instead, making it work the same as a "you will receive one of".
On testing servers, you get the 2 VAs, no matter what, the 5 and 10s are just random bonuses on top. Even though it seems like it isn't to that much benefit, it still means that every time you get 5 on a normal server you gain 2 more on the testing server, totally free, same with getting a 10 and the slightly more rare occurrence of both, resulting in 17 VAs. In the long run, it will save you a couple hundred hours.

The average VAs per 5 turn ins on a normal server would be 25, I averaged somewhere between 35-40 for the most part, getting the occasional 15-20 (and 10 once or twice) and the occasional 50+ (my highest being 75, 85 being maximum).

I wouldn't mind if how it is acting on the testing server was how it was supposed to act all along, getting the 7500 VAs needed will still take anyone who farms at a sane* pace 6+ months and with the recent change making it the objectively best item in the game, I would like if it was just a tad bit more accessible for free players.

*Sane as in not spending anywhere from 8-12 hours a day farming the same 10 enemies over and over, which only a very small minority will even have the luxury of doing, I would imagine.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 10/13/2017 9:40:38 >
AQW  Post #: 627
10/18/2017 4:27:11   
xstreamshadow

whatever happened to the whole " making treasure potions a daily" thing? didn't alina say she wanted treasure potions to not be rare or something? if it doesn't end up being a thing, or they're keeping treasure potions rare, could we at least get an unmerge shop to get treasure potions for our unwanted wheel of doom items?
AQW  Post #: 628
10/18/2017 9:23:43   
XeNON_54

I still have some unclaimed Fortune Tickets that I would VERY much like to be turned into Treasure Potions so I can get the stuff I always wanted in the Doom/Destiny Merge.
Post #: 629
10/21/2017 21:15:50   
The ErosionSeeker

Got receipt of nul on the 17th try.
That's 25.5m, 170 essences, 1700 favors, 255 coal, 170 dwobo coins.

Being part of this silly ARS better be worth it.
DF AQW  Post #: 630
10/22/2017 4:30:55   
fxmybrute13

If ARS is anything like IRS, then no, it's not worth it.
DF AQW  Post #: 631
11/5/2017 19:53:42   
Iron Volvametal

How long would it take to get Helm of Awe with access to Blinding Light of Destiny & Arch Paladin/StoneCrusher/Shaman/Legion DoomKnight?

Thinking of attempting getting the Helm of Awe, maybe the armor if they don't take as long as I thought.

Also, does Lvl85 make the previous grinds easier or is it moreso the same as Lvl65? I found out about a sword that gives 30% Universal damage(wow) & am going to get it as soon as I get a few things done first, such as the 7DD storyline, but it requires being Lvl80 to wield.
AQW  Post #: 632
11/6/2017 6:47:36   
Metakirby

On the Test Servers, Raxgore ( and Binky, and Mountdoomskull Drakath etc) doesn't have any annoying abilities to pester you throughout the fight, no skill locking and no counter attacking (no instant death blasts in the case of Drakath and Binky) and several classes having outrageous damage output, Shaman, Stonecrusher, Ultra Omniknight, Vampire Lord (in the short term at least) just to name a few on top of my head. Each with their own reasoning behind them.

Rewrote beginning of post as it was originally in reference to a now-removed post. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 11/9/2017 11:38:51 >
AQW  Post #: 633
11/6/2017 8:13:58   
Iron Volvametal

Do I need to do something to trigger the damage boost for the classes or is it random?
AQW  Post #: 634
11/6/2017 8:31:25   
Doxus the OverLord

@above
If you're talking about universal/racial boosts from items, so, the answer is: No, you won't need to. Just equip them and enjoy!
If you're talking about a self-inflicted buff from classes, so, in this case, you'll need to trigger the buff/activate the skill for getting its benefits.

< Message edited by Doxus the OverLord -- 11/6/2017 8:32:37 >
Post #: 635
11/6/2017 8:36:25   
Metakirby

@Iron Volvametal
Stonecrusher's Magnitude increases your damage from all sources, including your auto attacks by 3.5 times.
Ultra OmniKnight's "Devastation" stacks will multiply your damage by 4 at max stacks, that on top of already good damage and you are looking at 10k crits, easily. Note, you shoud use Wiz on UOK while playing on testing servers.
Shaman just does good damage overall and the damage stacking with Elemental Embrace is based on base damage, so it adds up quickly.
You have probably heard and/or seen what 500% haste does on testing servers, but in case you haven't, it basically means all your cooldowns (with the exception of Aspect of the Bat, sadly) is equal to less than half a second. Prepare to button mash like never before.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 11/6/2017 8:37:50 >
AQW  Post #: 636
11/6/2017 9:37:55   
Iron Volvametal

Is the Lycan Shaman armor bugged or something, I've turned in this quest like 300 times & have not gotten it once to drop.

EDIT: Of course, as soon as I ask, I get it to drop...

< Message edited by Iron Volvametal -- 11/6/2017 9:40:51 >
AQW  Post #: 637
11/6/2017 15:37:54   
Soul0626

Similar to the above post, I'm wondering if the Blood Guardian Armor drop is bugged on the Blackened Incense quest.
AQW  Post #: 638
11/6/2017 15:41:18   
Metakirby

Probably just a severe case of horrible RNG. I don't see why it would be bugged now, after a week has passed. I spent A LOT of turn ins getting the Lycan Shaman Familiar, so all the items must definitely be a lower, single digit drop.
AQW  Post #: 639
11/7/2017 9:59:04   
zanathos

it has to be ridiculously low. I stopped farming for it after over 300 turn ins, I had seen every other drop from that quest 5+ times, wasn't worth wasting the time on it.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 640
11/7/2017 12:36:17   
Iron Volvametal

I managed to get the Blood Guardian a lot sooner than Lycan Shaman, only like 50 turn ins.

It's RNG all around, I guess...
AQW  Post #: 641
11/8/2017 19:01:19   
Ach1

How difficult is it to get chrono assassin class? Or better question would be, how much time does it take?
AQW  Post #: 642
11/9/2017 4:42:14   
you stop

@ach1 difficulty wise, i wouldnt say it is. the boss that drops svelgr fangs doesnt really hit hard so it's eh. rng wise though, enough discussion above regarding lycan shaman should give u an idea. some people get it first try while some dont. farming for other reagents for the quest isnt hard either and i suggest u start with those :^)
AQW  Post #: 643
11/9/2017 8:42:45   
Doxus the OverLord

Is there any boost higher or at same level as BLoD (+75% damage)?

I'm saying this thanks to the fact of the buff made at NSoD. Making this made some things as:

EDB/DB (+50% dragons)
CU (+50% chaos)

being useless...

Shouldn't them receive a buff?
Post #: 644
11/9/2017 9:08:27   
savor

Any Tips/Tricks/Guides/Prayers (LoL ) in Farming NSOD/SDKA/AFDL?

Thanks in Advance!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 645
11/9/2017 11:58:03   
Metakirby

@Doxus the OverLord
Even if EDB/DB and CU are obsolete for the most part, there's still 2 main arguments to be made for them.
1. They can stack with a non racial damage boost item and grant you about the same damage total as with BLoD alone.
2. EDB/DB and CU are leagues below just BLoD, the Dragon Blades are only available through mem/ACs (which isn't really tied to farming, but you can get it instantly, is what I mean) and Chaorrupter is a pretty high drop from a boss with about 50-60k hp (just going off of memory).
How much of a difference would it even make in the end? How many times are Chaos mobs relevant for farming purposes nowadays and how much does ~14% increased damage potential even matter? Same goes for Dragon Blades.

@savor
This part of the guide should cover all the basics you need to know for AFDL and VHL.
My personal tips for..
VHL: Do Roentgeniums first, because you will need 15 Uni 13s, which will grant you a good amount of resources needed for the Void Crystals in the end and remember to do the Elder's Blood quest daily (it stacks to 3).
AFDL: Merge your Non Mem Voucher into Golden Hanzo Void as soon as possible, you don't want to waste turn ins which could potentially grant you a Non Mem Voucher. It will also be beneficial to farm with Supplies/Assistant (depending on preferance), because both Uni 19 and Uni 26 (which you turn into Uni 27 for the second quest) are both pretty low drops. And lastly, pray that you get Uni 35 from the second quest within a reasonable amount of turn ins.
Refer to this part of the above-mentioned guide for good ways of getting each individual reagent.

NSoD (non mem I am assuming, based on your char page): Do Mine Crafting daily, even before you ever start the actual grind, you will need a total of 4 Barium.
Farm 100 of each essence before turning in, this will save you some travel time. Once you are ready to turn in all your 1000 essences (100 x 10), you should turn in on the testing servers, it grants you averagely more Void Auras per turn in (due to multiple rewards being able to drop at once) and you want every single Void Aura you can get your hands on.
Using proper damage boost from the proper bosses (1 Undead, 2 Chaos and 1 Dragon) will save you a lot of time in the long run.
Other than that I would suggest doing Void Auras first, because it is definitely the biggest hurdle when it comes to NSoD and if you quit halfway through, you wont have leftover Bone Dust, Undead Essences, Cavern Celestite or whatever else you may have farmed prior for NSoD.
You should also use Breus' fast travel buttons.
And with all that being said, all you need for NSoD is dedication (and a lot of free time), NSoD is currently THE hardest single item to obtain as a non member without Sepulchure's Doomknight armor, likely taking close to 1000 hours, or longer.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 11/9/2017 14:37:37 >
AQW  Post #: 646
11/9/2017 14:22:14   
Rastaban

quote:

EDB/DB (+50% dragons)

Those were buffed to 1.6X a while back, resulting in 1.84X-ish damage to dragons if you stack it with AFDL.
Post #: 647
11/10/2017 15:20:23   
Angelic Tear

Slime Fangs
What is it with these things? Claws are about where I'd think Fangs would be. You need 5 for the Plague Knigth Armor, 5 for the Plague Knight Cape, 3 for its evolution and an incredible 25 for the freaking Daggers. I get that the Dragons all have unbelievably frustrating drop rates. Check my page; http://www.aq.com/character.asp?id=Angelic%20Tear
I've farmed their drops to death, but this is the one set that frustrates me beyond compare. I can farm for an hour and maybe pull off 1.

When the Heart is the 1% rare chance type drop and I've got 4 hearts and 2 fangs, there's something very wrong. I've tried tweeting AE about it but nobody wants to reply if it's just supposed to be an infuriating drop rate. It's like monster hunter, where you need like 5 of an item, but that item has an unreasonably low drop chance unless you capture it... but you can't capture it. Lol.
DF AQW  Post #: 648
11/10/2017 15:41:23   
Metakirby

If you are expecting to get all the merge items (especially the Blade), you are in for quite a wild ride.
To give you an idea, I got 21 Sloth Hearts (not counting the one I used in the merge shop) before I was done farming it all, as well as capping out Slime Claws (100), Slime Scales(250) and Slime gems(100), all before I had everything in the merge shop.
The Slime Fangs are estimated to be a 1-2% drop, so there's no way around it, you just gotta get lucky. It will take you at the very least a couple days, if you're lucky and possibly up to a week or 2, if you aren't so lucky. The overall farm for every item in the merge shop (pre Bloodborne sets) has also been compared to HoA/AoA by various people, which means it's no easy task.
At least the Bloody Fangs, Claws, Gems etc. are all a higher droprate than the Slime variants, if you plan on merging the Bloodborne Plague Knight items.

quote:

When the Heart is the 1% rare chance type drop and I've got 4 hearts and 2 fangs, there's something very wrong.

This is just a case of RNG messing with your head. I have had a couple different times farming for a 1% drop, or close to 1% drop and got upwards of 3 Treasure Chests (which is a 0.75% mind you) before receiving the drop I wanted.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 11/10/2017 15:42:53 >
AQW  Post #: 649
11/10/2017 16:01:25   
savor

@MetaKirby

thanks for the tip XD..

now i really need Prayers lol ..

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition