Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ3D= News June 19, 2017: Let's Talk About Stats, BAYBEE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= News June 19, 2017: Let's Talk About Stats, BAYBEE!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/19/2017 23:58:02   
LouisCyphere

quote:

Cysero | Monday, June 19, 2017

Y U NO STRONK?!
With the release of the new stat system, most players got stronger. This is true. But you might have heard that some people didn't and I wanted to explain why.

DANGEROUS CURVES
The old stat system was our first stat system in the game and (because this is still a beta) really just a first draft at stats. Due to the way that new items had to be created on the old stat curve and system, a dangerous amount of power creep started working its way into AQ3D near the current level cap.

A level 17 who had even a few top tier items actually had the power of around a level 35 character and people who had min-maxed their gear were able to solo entire dungeons and bosses scaled for FIVE normal, correctly scaled players. Obviously, this was broken and couldn't continue forever.

After the new stat system was released, MOST players (the vast majority of players haven't hit the level cap yet) felt noticeably stronger. However, an unfortunate side effect is that many of the top level characters found themselves with a direct, non-stop ticket from OP-Town back to the land of the fully functional.

WORKS IN PROGRESS
We're still not done with AQ3D. Anything can change at any time. New systems, tweaks, reworks, new bugs and new bug fixes are happening constantly. It's one of the dangers of playing a game AS it is being developed beneath your feet.

We know that not being grossly over-powered anymore kinda blows but with the level cap raising to 18 with the release of Ashfall Part III and a lot of new stat gear coming to the game we know that those hard-cores who love a challenge will find their groove.

We also know that you delightful cherubs will find some new way to game the system that we will have to fix. It's part of the game!

PLAYER/MONSTER LEVEL DISPARITY
A tweak that is going live soon will greatly enhance the effects of the Player/Monster Level Disparity. After the new stat system went live, there was not much difference fighting a monster at your level versus monsters way above or below your level.

That's changing. Once this change goes live you will find that monsters 3 and 4 levels below you will offer almost no challenge. You'll hit harder, dodge more, take less damage and crit more often on mobs lower than you. This should make the Doomwood Bridge feel a lot more like it used to, to you people at the level cap.

The inverse will also be true so pay attention to the level of the monsters you're fighting as you're leveling up!

STEP BY STEP
Now that the new stat system has been released, this allows us to progress on to the rework of the CLASS SYSTEM. We are totally reworking how classes will play in AQ3D, and a lot is going to change... but once it does we will finally be able to begin releasing NEW CLASSES!

BETA BERSERKER COSMETICS
Many moons ago, Dage The Evil painted a concept for the AQ3D Beta Berserker Armor, experimenting with how AQW classics and fan favorites might translate into AQ3D.

Most people didn't know that it was only a concept. Since then, people have been howling for us to release this armor into AQ3D so... by popular demand... we will be adding the Beta Berserker cosmetic set to AQ3D.

You will go to the Travel Crystal in Battleon and travel to a Random Dungeon. Each dungeon will be small, solo-able, straight forward with no plot or dialogue and they will require no keys. Each Random Dungeon boss will drop crafting materials for the Beta Berserker cosmetics and other craftables.

You will be able to bring those to my forge and craft your own Beta Berserker armor and weapon cosmetics. We plan on adding more dungeons and more craftables which will become permanent parts of the game but the BETA BERSERKER ITEMS WILL BE GOING RARE. You will only be able to earn the Beta Berserker gear until AQ3D goes live on Friday, October 13th. Anyone who isn't taking part in the AQ3D Open Beta will miss out.

PLEASE NOTE: These are cosmetics ONLY. They won't have stats and this is NOT a class. Also note that this has nothing to do with the Open Beta reward in Sanctuary that players will receive upon the game's official launch.

We are still working hard on Ashfall Part III, but we expect the Random Dungeons and Beta Berserker items to arrive in game early next week.

Stay tuned for sneak peeks, previews and other goodies.

QUESTION TIME
COMMENTS: What other sets from our other games you like to see in the Random Dungeon craft shop?

Well, this is a rare instance of items going rare. I really hope this doesn't became a trend. I want AQ3D to stand by what they said that they don't want to focus on rares.
Cosmetics or not, rares are still rares which punishes players who weren't around during that period.

Also, relying on RNG again. This doesn't bode well.
What's up with Cysero's fixation on RNG?

If anything, they should add a helmet for the Beta Berserker Set.

Hopefully these Random Dungeons are made for solo. Good thing they will cost zero keys too.

Tagged! ~Zyrain

< Message edited by Zyrain -- 6/20/2017 5:17:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/20/2017 0:20:42   
Grand Paladin Tyrux

Thankfully, the post does say the dungeons are built to be soloable. Dage also showed off the Beta Berserker helm. All the other alpha, beta and kickstarter items are also Rare, so it makes sense that this is too.
AQW  Post #: 2
6/20/2017 10:56:00   
Magical Winds

Please put the obsidian assassin armor in the craft shop from AQW it was so awesome.
AQW  Post #: 3
6/20/2017 14:32:23   
dbukalski

im a big fan of the company what im about to say is feedback so the game can be as big a success as possible

can we get an explanation of what the crit and evasion stat means? i have 830 crit but is dropping 20 crit and gaining 20 evasion better? cant say because 800 crit and 700 evasion mean nothing in rpg terms. after 30 years of gaming ive never seen a developer decide to give stats a star rating

i have 4 banana stars worth of crit and 5 star apple worth of evasion. how do i know which items i want to use?

crit chance and crit damage make sense
20% evasion should make sense but prior to the update it didnt translate into 20% evading if enemy attacks. now it makes less sense

the developers are living in a bubble creating the game they want to make not the one players want to play. just like george lucas was determined to make the movies he wanted not the movies the fans wanted. and now disney owns the star wars franchise

aq3d is competing with similar games that have better graphics. a more engaging battle system. with interesting skills. better synergy between classes. interesting equipment upgrade enhancing options with gems (similar to diabo 3). players love to customize their characters stats equipment. they love to break the game with insane armour, or high dodge. high crit chance damage.

uve taken away this aspect of what the players enjoy. all the equipment is generic stats. theres no mixing to customise ur character.

i was using furnace, shadow, crimson mage, necro hat for body gear. and furnace hammer or crimson mage staff depending in whether i wanted defense or offense build

now all top builds are running with scale slayer body gear and crimson abyss staff because all gear in the game has equal stats across the board. so only thing that matters is level of equipment and color (purple).

necrohat with 1% drop rate(100 dungeon keys + disconnects and other glitches that ruin a run means 120ish dungeon keys. 8 dungeon keys a day thats 16 days worth of dungeon keys). purple item lvl15....useless because a much easier to get lvl17 purple scale slayer helm is much better. scale helmet takes about hour to farm everything u need

so 16 days worth of effort vs 1hr worth of effort. both purple items. lvl15 vs 17 but the items useless because the stats are same across the board only lvl and color matters now

same thing with crimson abyss staff. 10 hrs probably more i lost track in the 200 step process. like 1% better than a different purple lvl17 weapon.

lvl18 will be released soon and it will trash scale slayer gear and crimson abyss staff because all stats are based on lvl and color no regard for difficulty to acquire

on a different note. valeks red plate armor has 0.2% drop rate. with a good group it takes about 10 hrs average of pure top speed grinding.

this armor has poor graphics compared to new armor and gives no armor stats

on different note. the rogues stealth ability gives dodge, crit, and some other stat my memory fails me. these stats dont exist anymore so the abilities only effect is double scorpion damage

on a different note combat bug still exists

on a different note. we get 8 dungeon keys a day. 2 of those will be wasted joining someone whos already killing boss. or glitches crashes. or just now server maintenance while i was in dungeon. im not a programmer. but would be nice if dungeon keys were only used when i attack the dungeon boss. this would tie the dungeon reward to the use of dungeon key. to prevent players farming all the regular mob mats without using dungeon keys. remove the low level mats and base crafting around mats only boss drops

cheers keep up the good work with the game
Post #: 4
6/21/2017 5:28:22   
orc orc orc

quote:

necrohat with 1% drop rate(100 dungeon keys + disconnects and other glitches that ruin a run means 120ish dungeon keys. 8 dungeon keys a day thats 16 days worth of dungeon keys). purple item lvl15....useless because a much easier to get lvl17 purple scale slayer helm is much better. scale helmet takes about hour to farm everything u need.

16 days worth of dungeon keys is merely an approximation. Because it's purely luck, we can very well get the Necrohen hat in a few minutes if we're lucky. The scale Slayer helm, on the other hand, requires actual and consistent effort instead of gambling dungeon keys.

I'm among those who rejoice that the Necrohen hat got nerfed. It's still not completely useless thanks to cosmetic equips and is a nice little bonus alongside the Soulborne Axe for those who are farming Shadowskull tower for stuff like gold and potions. And Soulborne Axe isn't a purple item and has subpar stats even though it's a luck-based item like Necrohen and has a similarly low drop rate.

For me, I'd rather have an item that requires legitimate effort (Scale slayer helm) have better stats than an item that's luck-based. (Necrohen) Items like Necrohen are unfair because when someone takes hundreds of tries to get them there's always those who get them in a few tries. Thus, items like Necrohen hat only reward us for our luck, not the hard work we put in. I'm not saying the Scale Slayer helm is a difficult item to acquire but at least it requires real and consistent effort and is fair. Why should we have to pray for RNG to get the better stats instead of putting in actual effort and skill?

< Message edited by orc orc orc -- 6/21/2017 5:34:08 >
Post #: 5
6/21/2017 9:00:26   
XeNON_54

Actually Necrohen Hat still has higher attack and Evasion than Scale Slayer Helm.
But Scale Slayer Helm does have higher Health and Armor rating so it kinda evens it out a little.
Post #: 6
6/22/2017 0:11:17   
Flabagast

@dbukalski
quote:

all the equipment is generic stats. theres no mixing to customise ur character.

If you read the Patch Notes, you'll see that the devs are very aware of this side side effect, and they intend to bring varying stat-builds back into the game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
6/25/2017 1:18:42   
dbukalski

quote:

Actually Necrohen Hat still has higher attack and Evasion than Scale Slayer Helm.
But Scale Slayer Helm does have higher Health and Armor rating so it kinda evens it out a little

necrohen hat 6 evasion 13 attack

scale slayer 25 armor 14 health

necrohen is worse but harder to get. my entire point was difficulty of acquiring an item means nothing anymore. only level and color(purple) matter. takes 15 minutes to get scale slayer helm matts. so no consideration by developers for difficulty in acquisition

for the guy that said necrohat is just rng and slayer is skill so hes fine with it. when the developers put a 16 day average to farm item it should be more powerful than 15 minute item even with 2 level difference imo
Post #: 8
6/25/2017 1:34:12   
dbukalski

also going forward ill skip tough to acquire items because i know that only level matters so its not worth the hassle. when the next level cap increase will bring items that can be acquired in 15 minutes.

difficuly acquiring doesnt matter anymore. i consider time invested in the difficulty category same as actual skill content
Post #: 9
6/25/2017 2:10:57   
orc orc orc

quote:

difficuly acquiring doesnt matter anymore. i consider time invested in the difficulty category same as actual skill content

I agree that time investment is a factor when it comes to making a reward but heres a problem with RNG items: When someone take 16 days to get Necrohen there will always be the lucky ones who got it in less time. Are we being rewarded for our time investment from that?

The problem with RNG items like Necrohen is that the time investment required is neither prectictable nor consistent, so either way whether they're rewarding depends on our luck as opposed to the effort and time we put in. Thus, RNG items do not fairly reward us.

I believe that RNG should be reserved for bonus cosmetic items and I feel that Necrohen would do a pretty good job at that; just like Soulborne Axe, you can it get passively as you farm for other things like gold, crafting gear and potions.

I prefer items like Scale Slayer to have better stats because their requirememts are consistent which means we are rewarded for the effort we put in. Once again, I'm not saying the Scale Slayer set is hard to get, but they are fair and effort-based. And that's the model I believe top items should be acquired through - purely through effort and skill.

Then again, it's merely my opinion so we can all agree to disagree.
Post #: 10
6/25/2017 20:50:53   
Paulus Xiphos

I say yes to that.

Don't ruin AQ3D like AQW by making the most powerful items RNG-based (BLoD, BoA, ADFL, etc etc.) Effort and determination is what true heroes should have- not luck.
AQW  Post #: 11
6/26/2017 7:26:09   
One Winged Angel1357

Well you can make them a luck based item and not ruin the game. If you put the most powerful gear behind reliable drops in end game content, I'm talking above a ten percent drop rates for each set piece, then you are making it for the determined heros.

That said we don't even know if AQ3D is going to work like a regular MMO because we are in beta so there is no end game content.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= News June 19, 2017: Let's Talk About Stats, BAYBEE!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition