Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Forgotten Features of Dragonfable

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Forgotten Features of Dragonfable
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/26/2017 12:13:15   
Commander_In_Red

I was training one of my character's dragon and recently rediscovered the Aeris Dragon PvP Tournament. After a few rounds, I realised that this part of Dragonfable was one of many features lost to time, and wondered what it could have been had more time been given to it.

This line of thought led me to think about what other features I might have forgotten/never known about, which leads to this here discussion page:

What other features are rarely (if ever) talked about? Why do you think this was forgotten in the first place? What do you think was the dev's plan for it? What lost potential could there have been?

Reminisce with me.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
the optimist expects it to change;
the realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
DF  Post #: 1
6/26/2017 12:43:10   
Edorath

I've always been a bit sad about how underdeveloped blacksmithing is, it's only useful on low levels or doom/destiny weapons and the Sil weapons. You might as well train it to 18 and then stop, there's not much of a use for it.

< Message edited by Edorath -- 6/26/2017 12:45:24 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 2
6/26/2017 14:53:38   
Meralos

This probably only applies to me, but I didn't even know you could improve your potions until I was a like two years in the game.

Having the Alchemy system remade would be great, it can get pretty repetitive really quick if you're not the patient type.
Post #: 3
6/26/2017 15:00:15   
dark garuda

Siren's Anchorage. SIREN'S ANCHORAGE. There was so much in-game NPC dialogue referencing it in Book One Falconreach and even from a person out on the roads as well. It was intended to be a sprawling ruins adventure, the lore companion to Riverine Keep (AKA 100 Fiery Rooms of Doom) but could be guessed as more likely to have been like a mini-Sil, or a Brightmist Tower or Glenham Keep-esque quest.

Now Siren's Anchorage was on a peninsula underneath an overhang, so it could only be accessed by water. Hence the need for the Hero to charter a boat to get there...

Which became the primary reason for Verteroche Crossing being added, so you could follow the NPC's advice and hire a boat from Glenn's. But out from a 'Glenn's out deep-sea fishing at the moment, he'll be back soon' came a soon™ and a fishery voyage so long that Discovery could've made an entire low-budget series about it! Maybe Glenn was wrecked at sea - whatever the case, all that mounting build-up sadly fell at the last hurdle and came to nothing. Now probably quite few remember even Verteroche, never mind the Siren's Anchorage tales.

Edit: It was likely put-down because it preceded all of Sil, Brightmist etc. in its time, so that kind of style might well have proven a greater challenge to make than anticipated. Meanwhile to Verteroche's release, Book One was moving towards its climax - the Final 13th started just a couple months later, so with Anchorage being a high time requirement quest in a time when story releases had to be coming thick-and-fast, I'd assume it had to be sidelined to focus on Final 13th, and the project was never picked back up again.

< Message edited by dark garuda -- 6/26/2017 15:04:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/26/2017 17:22:22   
Fire alandry

The captured Rose's ship.
DF  Post #: 5
6/26/2017 20:29:09   
Plendamonda2

Didn't Verly recently fix pets for PvP? Perhaps it isn't completely forgotten...

PvP can still be an interesting pastime, I have it set as my hometown and just randomly do a few when I'm bored.

There are 3 problems right now with PvP:

-Multi Skills bug out and enemies attack themselves (causes them to face the wrong direction too).

-Classes always do the exact same rotation of skills. Predictable, but technically more variety than 90% of monsters.

-Enemies don't use mana. It would be a cool dynamic for the entire game really, but last I heard it's a lot more work and is limited or something...
--plus Technomancer would be infuriating (could be fixed to not drain all mana though)

As it stands, I'd be happy if they fixed the Multi-Attacks-Self Bug.
Already some classes can prove challenging, but things like Technomancer, KA, and Guardian just kill themselves.
As of now, Ancient ExoSuit and Entropy are actually pretty strong in PvP. Again, you can memorize the order they use skills, but it's still a decent fight.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/26/2017 20:48:03   
xelessarx

Firstly, Lucien the Paladin/Soulweaver guy. Has been years after his announcement and never made it to the game sadly.

I have been waiting for Siren's Anchorage for a long time too btw. The Isle of Vraaxis and Ironcliff are also supposed to be available via Glenn's boat.

The Falconreach Zoo... Which never got properly updated. With some time given to it, the zoo would be a very beautiful place like a decent bestiary.

Then there is the Darkite Ore which we couldn't find for yeaaars. I find it surprising Cinante still didn't give up on it.

Southern gate of Willowshire was planned to be connected to a decently long walkaround which connects with Valencia's place, Aika village and Sandsea and that was in 2011 or so.

The blocked path at Aeris Battlespire. Guardians still tell that my rank is not enough to pass even though I am Grandmaster at PVP :/

Arachnoalchemy and Eirn as a guest.

The Coldfall Barrens... This one always hyped me and I still hope that it gets implemented in the game one day.

Not to forget the Empress.

These are what comes to my mind. Was hyped about all and sadly, also disappointed that they didn't make it up to the game. I think the reason they never made it to the game is because Ghost is no longer an active staff for DF. Because Ghost was planning/designing such kind of releases/places like walkarounds, paths and interesting dungeons (For instance, Brightmist Tower and Blackwyn Tomb were dungeons he designed IIRC.) Tomix and Verly (also Geo but she is no longer a staff) rather focuses on storyline quests and classes.

Still, I wish they could give more attention to such dungeouns and walkarounds.

< Message edited by xelessarx -- 6/26/2017 20:49:27 >
Post #: 7
6/26/2017 22:21:37   
Sflamin

Ability to create my own quest and story. Interesting as it is, this feature that they promised us might never come true.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
6/27/2017 2:05:40   
Pisaster

@xelessarx

The empress has been hinted at pretty recently in book three, so I think she's still on the table. Definitely wish the void ship would be updated though, I was SO excited about the guests and personal quests and arachnoalchemy.
Post #: 9
6/27/2017 6:30:04   
HwarangxDxArcher

quote:

-Enemies don't use mana. It would be a cool dynamic for the entire game really, but last I heard it's a lot more work and is limited or something...
--plus Technomancer would be infuriating (could be fixed to not drain all mana though)

There are enemies that do use mana, an example would be Akira from the Aeris Battlespire, so using Technomancer's mana drain would render Akira being unable to use his Kamehameha.

DF Epic  Post #: 10
6/27/2017 7:27:13   
dark garuda

@Hwarang - That's sorta the point, the enemies that do use Mana are all from like, circa 2007. It got dropped as a mechanic a long time ago.

@Xele - Me too! On pretty much every count. I didn't realise all of these things were Ghost's doing, personally I loved the ambient explorable world (even as relatively limited as it is) and the pick-up dungeons you come across like Blackwyn are some of my favourite quests in the entire game. It is a shame that the exploration aspects have kinda died, being able to actually 'journey' to the next area in Book 1 was a fun addition.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/27/2017 7:50:37   
HwarangxDxArcher

Yup, I kinda wished that Book 3 will be explorable like Book 1 in the near future.
DF Epic  Post #: 12
6/27/2017 11:32:53   
dark garuda

^ Same man. :)

Oh also I mentioned this in another thread already by coincidence as it happens; but, the ability to play a 'Dark Hero'-style character, through dialogue and some small path choices. This was in the similar vein as AQ but it was dropped really soon in to DF's lifespan - it would've been a lot of work, and difficult to make the plot credible at points if it were an option.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/27/2017 17:07:35   
Luckyjazzt

I would love to see more artifacts that modify classes. They made the Aventail, but as far as I'm aware, never made any more class modifying artifacts.
DF  Post #: 14
6/27/2017 17:31:48   
Greyor_42

@luckyjazzt

they've actually made quite a few of them.

the cloak scrap for base classes

shadowheart bracer for shadow base classes

and most recently, TWO for dragonlord specifically for the 11th anniversary. dragon's rage and dragon's patience.
DF  Post #: 15
6/27/2017 19:42:46   
Luckyjazzt

@greyor Not gonna lie, I didn't realize what those did, and just bought them. Guess I didn't read the descriptions. And I totally forgot about the cloak scrap because I never play as the base class anymore.
DF  Post #: 16
6/27/2017 22:38:26   
133spider

Let's not also forget the long promised Dage class that was to-be but is now never-be... it was ported to EpicDuel instead
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
6/27/2017 22:53:11   
Andlu

Paragon class which was supposed to be a paladin clone with different art and animations? Yeah I never forgot that but it never happened
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 18
6/27/2017 23:16:05   
Zeldax

@Andlu
It was actually supposed to be a Necromancer clone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/27/2017 23:30:53   
Dragtarius

Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of Druid class that Fae would supposedly teach? With how difficult and time-consuming creating classes seems to be, rather doubtful it'll be a thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
6/27/2017 23:38:38   
Cherubic Card

What happened to Fae anyway? She was a staff character, right? She just dropped out of existence after the Earth Orb saga.
Post #: 21
6/28/2017 0:00:00   
Flabagast

@xelessarx @Pisaster

I really do hope we get to meet the Empress. The lore behind her and the Unael seems really interesting.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
6/29/2017 11:38:34   
Detroness

Dragon PVP. I would love to see the team implement it to where it likes the PVP in Books One and Two, but considering how many factors go into a dragon's victory - New Skills vs Old, Primal or Not, Primal Ability, and then Egg appearance - it seems like a difficult thing to implement and possibly balance.
DF  Post #: 23
6/29/2017 11:51:38   
SilverAngel
Friendly!

@Cherubic Card: Fae was one of the beta characters, when DF was first being made. Once the overall story started up she kinda disappeared until the Earth Orb saga, then of course she vanished again. Her appearance in the saga felt more of 'Hey, here's a little throwback to the beginnings of DragonFable' to me at least. Or maybe it worked out better in the story to include her, I'm just guessing at this point.
DF AQW  Post #: 24
6/30/2017 2:35:18   
NagisaXIkari

Yeah, Artix said in the Design Notes back in like 2007 or so that Fae would be the Druid class instructor. She was also quite popular during beta because why wouldn't she? Everyone likes catgirls.

But her appearance in the Earth Orb Saga was honestly very flat. Then there was the speculation we'd see her during the ally gathering part of the Caitiff storyline, but nah.

Also if you really want to dig through the Design Notes, it was stated that allies would level up with the character and grow as the character did.
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Forgotten Features of Dragonfable
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition