Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Forgotten Features of Dragonfable

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Forgotten Features of Dragonfable
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/30/2017 2:46:58   
Greyor_42

@nagisaxikari

quote:

Also if you really want to dig through the Design Notes, it was stated that allies would level up with the character and grow as the character did.

actually, aside from a couple book 1 guests, that was actually implemented.
DF  Post #: 26
6/30/2017 9:31:13   
NagisaXIkari

Nah, I mean as in like the player does learning new skills as they go.

Speaking of skills, rooting through the design notes to find what I'm talking about a skill and skill trainer is mentioned in September 2006. Although that could very well be talking about classes.

EDIT: Unrelated, but some things from November 2006.

quote:

Trade Skills!
Armor making, Weapon making, Cooking, Jewlery Making.... you name it. Get a high enough skill, then use the merger to create new items! For example: The Broken Blade + Dragonite x 30 (used at a forge) = Magical GreatSword of DragonKabobing. OMG... that that weapon has a 50% to crit against Dragons....
PvP Rewards
Earn tokens for battling enemies that are near your level and get special armor and weapons. We could have tournaments, special types of fights (endurance matches, barefisted fights, no potions, 1 hp, multiple opponents "surrounded!"). Perhaps even have a PvP item closet that you can unlock special perks from and new types of challenges.

EDIT2: After rooting through three years of Design Notes, I can't find beans. It could be further in, but it is strenuous going through a veritable rainbow of text or I'm a jerk and seeing things that aren't there or in this case, remembering things that never happened.

< Message edited by NagisaXIkari -- 6/30/2017 10:28:51 >
DF  Post #: 27
7/1/2017 2:46:30   
Project 856

I don't know if this counts, but a lot of early game guests have gotten upgrades to scale with you and have new skills.

Except Robina. Robina is still level 2 and has just one attack, the bow and arrow. She even still has terrible art.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
7/7/2017 12:05:29   
raiogam

quote:

Definitely wish the void ship would be updated though, I was SO excited about the guests and personal quests and arachnoalchemy.

arachnoalchemy and arachnomancer and spider magic and spider amulet
Post #: 29
7/7/2017 12:22:39   
HwarangxDxArcher

What else do you guys want? Spiderman as DC class?

< Message edited by HwarangxDxArcher -- 7/7/2017 12:23:12 >
DF Epic  Post #: 30
7/7/2017 12:43:17   
raiogam

quote:

What else do you guys want? Spiderman as DC class?

arachnoalchemy the alchemy using spider magic to heal in level microscope
arachnomancer arachno mean spider and mancer mean mage arachnomancer is spider mage not spiderman!!!!????
spider magic is magic from spider in same way of dragon magic is of magic from dragon
spider amulet is powerfull artifact made of powerfull spider magic in same way dragon amulet is powerfull artifact made of powerfull dragon magic
spider amulet same power level and same ability over spider and same way dragon amulet have over dragons

< Message edited by raiogam -- 7/7/2017 12:44:44 >
Post #: 31
7/7/2017 14:40:14   
Sportiax

I remember back when the guest was to level up with the hero and get stronger with new attacks, for example, Artix in Book 1 is not supposed to have only a few attacks, come on he is ARTIX! (and the character of the CEO) the face of Artix Entertainment let's make him strong and fill all those skill slots. It's the same way in Book 3, why doesn't Artix have full skill arsenal, it would make him a valuable guest that I would bring on a quest, now I've gone to Sir Leon who is in the book 3 shears and has all skill slots full and has the same skills as a warrior (his final skill attack is amazing).

< Message edited by Sportiax -- 7/7/2017 14:45:01 >
DF  Post #: 32
7/7/2017 14:45:25   
HwarangxDxArcher

From what I remember, old Artix doesn't even have skill, only that his attack sometimes deal extra damage.

Edit : Book 3 Artix is stronger than Sir Leon in my opinion.

< Message edited by HwarangxDxArcher -- 7/7/2017 14:47:11 >
DF Epic  Post #: 33
7/7/2017 17:20:24   
Steel_King

@Plendamonda2
@dark garuda
I was re-doing some Void Ship quests and I realized that many void creatures actually DO use mana. Whenever they try to apply their DOT they use it. It may not be much, but it means that at least some recent monsters utilize it.

I also would love to see Siren's Anchorage, in practically any form. I can think of 3 NPCs whose dialogue was meant to hype it, and I was pretty excited... but then Glenn decided to
circumnavigate Lore and we never heard about it again.

And Coldfall Barrens, man, don't get me started. I was looked for a way down SO often, and would re-read the descriptions from the NPCs.

I feel like both could still be incorporated into the game though. One of the things about Coldfall Barrens was that it was geographically isolated from the rest of the world. What if those barriers came down and monsters came flooding out to attack Oaklore/Falconreach/Swordhaven? There's an opportunity for a war right there. And seeing Siren's Anchorage could be a great opportunity for us to get introduced to that island in the middle of the travel map between the two continents.

Still, anything would be nice...

Posts merged. Please do not double post, as it is considered spam. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 7/7/2017 17:52:39 >

The Harvest approaches

I am the Reaper

Sing a song of Crows...
Post #: 34
7/10/2017 13:57:12   
raiogam

sad.... Forgotten Features of Dragonfable is cool thing and never see light of day
we have comic soon thing not remeber

< Message edited by raiogam -- 7/10/2017 13:59:10 >
Post #: 35
7/10/2017 18:52:40   
The Jop

I vaguely remember something about us attacking a Rose port in a mini-game...did that ever happen?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
7/10/2017 20:56:38   
Edorath

Nope, guess we'll never take back Falconreach's docks from The Rose.
AQ AQW  Post #: 37
7/11/2017 6:24:48   
Flabagast

@Steel_King Didn't we get a design notes post from Geo, talking about how Jaania's guard and Akriloth came from that island just west of the mainland of the Land of Dragons?

Edit: Found it! Linkity link

< Message edited by Flabagast -- 7/11/2017 6:33:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
7/11/2017 7:42:11   
Rukaji

Book 3 Riadne, Yashta, and Eirn were meant to be guests.

It would be awesome to bring Yashta along so he can punch everything.

DF  Post #: 39
7/11/2017 12:39:21   
Luckyjazzt

I think theyre still gonna do that. Its just not very high on the to do list
DF  Post #: 40
7/12/2017 7:32:45   
megakyle777

I'm gonna go for the one everyone seems to have forgotten: Create a Quest. I rememeber that whole mess: getting hyped hoping it was really complex with cutscenes and monster stat editing and stuff, and eventutally getting disappointed when the scope was made smaller and then left behind to presumably never see the light of day again. Indeed I think Ash or Verly or Tomix said outright it was canceled.

Other then that, the revamps to monsters and quest that Rolith made a quest to test out and then we never say anything like it again.
DF  Post #: 41
7/12/2017 12:05:39   
lordmastersupreme

I wish we had dragon pvp. there are even badges for it and i farmed dragon trophies to the limit while waitig for it to come out. I hope one day the staff releases it.

< Message edited by lordmastersupreme -- 7/12/2017 12:06:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
7/16/2017 14:09:26   
raiogam

quote:

I am also planning to go back to the other forgotten features of DragonFable and slowly but surely start updating them. We'll be having those as gameplay improvement releases (like today's one is) in the future!

hhmm...what it mean a @tomix read this topic or coincidence
Post #: 43
7/23/2017 13:23:52   
Gelix

When Rolith was still on the DF team he said player-made Guilds were coming ''soon''

EDIT: Found the Designnotes mentioning them:
http://www.dragonfable.com/archive/designnotes/2009/df-designnotes-aug09.asp August 20th 2009
and
http://www.dragonfable.com/archive/designnotes/2009/df-designnotes-sep09.asp September 25th 2009

< Message edited by Gelix -- 7/23/2017 13:27:33 >

The closer you get to the Light, the bigger your shadow becomes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
7/23/2017 18:47:22   
RKC

What about more Color custom Capes, Just ordinary capes that you can color custom.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
7/24/2017 11:15:11   
BeinDraug

Recently just finished Alchemy training after returning to the game. The lvl cap for it is still at 40 despite the max combat lvl being 85 an the Mana alchemy quest is still as buggy as ever, gotta wonder if they will ever be updated, o perhaps a new system could be introduced to lvl out potions up the rest of the way
Post #: 46
7/26/2017 2:06:45   
NagisaXIkari

Ash was going to redo the alchemy training or something, but when he left it was one of many things that ain't likely to get done.
DF  Post #: 47
7/27/2017 22:03:14   
Luckyjazzt

I've got a jumpy mouse that makes it almost impossible to do the alchemy games. I have given up on training them at this point, even though it was something I really wanted to do. Health isn't that bad, but the mana game...
DF  Post #: 48
7/27/2017 22:33:21   
BeinDraug

@Luckyjazzat
I know exactly what you mean my tech is fine but i have a motor control disorder that effects precise movements. Ony way i got throughthe mana games was by constanty refreshing the game so it would reset the timer to be super slow
Post #: 49
8/3/2017 8:47:23   
raiogam

quote:

BeinDraug
Recently just finished Alchemy training after returning to the game. The lvl cap for it is still at 40 despite the max combat lvl being 85 an the Mana alchemy quest is still as buggy as ever, gotta wonder if they will ever be updated, o perhaps a new system could be introduced to lvl out potions up the rest of the way

arachnoalchemy is than fix alchemy lvl problem than simply lvl cap up alchemy
quote:

arachnoalchemy the alchemy using spider magic to heal in level microscope
arachnomancer arachno mean spider and mancer mean mage arachnomancer is spider mage not spiderman!!!!????
spider magic is magic from spider in same way of dragon magic is of magic from dragon
spider amulet is powerfull artifact made of powerfull spider magic in same way dragon amulet is powerfull artifact made of powerfull dragon magic
spider amulet same power level and same ability over spider and same way dragon amulet have over dragons

quote:

When Rolith was still on the DF team he said player-made Guilds were coming ''soon''

@tomix @rolith promise very cool thing and no make it, it sad thing
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Forgotten Features of Dragonfable
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition