Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Forgotten Features of Dragonfable

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Forgotten Features of Dragonfable
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2017 21:42:42   
GammaCavy

I want create a quest, something for the Void Ship, and smoother potions upgrades. Heck, I want an upgrade to how much the fully maxzed out potions alchemy heals. i'm a level 85 player. My Health potion heals less that 1/4th of my total health, and my maxed Mana potion even less. That's not so bad most of the time, despite playing the most Mana intensefe class in the game, SW, but when I run into something that drains it all in one hit, it gets very irritating, very quickly.
Raigam, are you sure arachnoalchemy was the fix for the potions?
And the other ting I want he most of all: A fix to the Edelia house. I have it. I have a really cool background I want to use. I can edit every bit of scenery present except for the background itself. I click the place on the screen where the circle to change the background should be, and there is no response. There isn't even a circle. I really, really want this fixed.

< Message edited by GammaCavy -- 8/4/2017 21:50:50 >
DF  Post #: 51
8/4/2017 23:53:52   
Skyflakes

Got an idea about fulfilling the "create a quest" then players can upload their creation for everyone to play, so instead of just one quest per week, we can go to a player created quest realm or somthing and do custom quests there.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 52
8/5/2017 19:43:34   
GammaCavy

I still want the Edelia house. I even sent in a bug report about it several months ago, and nothing has happened.
DF  Post #: 53
8/6/2017 14:15:59   
derpking

titan dragon fights, literally my aspect of the game. Gets no love anymore
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
8/7/2017 15:01:59   
GammaCavy

More titan fights would be good, yes. I think the last one out was Sek-Duat. But they can still be played elsewhere, and unlike certain potions problems, the lack of more titan fights does not interfere with gameplay. If I want a complicated titan battle, I take my level 8 character forward to beat exodus at titans of Battleon.
DF  Post #: 55
8/7/2017 17:07:16   
damko00

I have finally come to playing the Orb Saga again with my second character and in 'Not so great escape' quest after you free Galanoth he actually walks alongside the Hero. I think that could be a nice touch in newer quests if the guests didn't slide awkwardly into the enemy when you enter the battle :P
DF  Post #: 56
8/11/2017 10:11:17   
raiogam

quote:

Medical Arachnomancy?
Riadne: That's right! I discovered that the manasilk I conjure can be applied as a bandage or a gauze, accelerating the wound healing process!
Riadne: Also, with a trial and error method, I've perfected spider manipulation, and can now fill them with a strong potion extract...
Riadne: ... shrink a whole colony of these spiders to a size of a grain of salt, or even smaller, and apply them inside human body...
Riadne: ... and magically detonate them, all at once, to release the potion into the bloodstream. I have once saved a life thanks to this!

arachnomancy can negate damage after hit!!!???

quote:

Raigam, are you sure arachnoalchemy was the fix for the potions?

yeas, i have hope and i think outside of the box

< Message edited by raiogam -- 8/11/2017 10:15:55 >
Post #: 57
8/11/2017 13:03:03   
Greyor_42

@raiogam

quote:

arachnomancy can negate damage after hit!!!???

except that arachnomancy can't(and never WILL) be used by the player, since it's something you have to be born into.
DF  Post #: 58
8/11/2017 19:00:29   
Eris Blackwood

I don't think people really remember or use the chef cat and cooking mini game. or know that fishman is a battle class too
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
8/11/2017 19:23:02   
Greyor_42

@eris blackwood

considering baron dante defeated caitiff in the calamity finale with the angler class, and gave proof in a screenshot, not to mention that on of the us-es in the inn at the edge of time is an angler, i'd say that we haven't forgotten it quite yet. though, this thread is more about features that the staff either forgot, or simply never got around to, and we'd like to see brought back. and it seems it recently got some love from tomix a while back, as in one of the updates(the soulforge update that brought us wands, scythes, and axes), he said he'd be going back and working on some "forgotten features".
DF  Post #: 60
8/17/2017 17:08:08   
raiogam

quote:

except that arachnomancy can't(and never WILL) be used by the player, since it's something you have to be born into.

@Greyor_42
arachnomancer not need born and it need a contract/ritual with spider long ago forgotten and arachnomancer have born into are decendant of the people make contract/ritual with spider
Post #: 61
8/17/2017 18:05:45   
Greyor_42

@raiogam

quote:

arachnomancer not need born and it need a contract/ritual with spider long ago forgotten and arachnomancer have born into are decendant of the people make contract/ritual with spider

this was never stated. and i'm almost 100% sure that either tomix or someone in game said specifically that arachomancy is a HEREDITARY power, and that because of that, the hero can't learn it. besides, riadne herself said that she can't teach us arachnomancy.
DF  Post #: 62
8/17/2017 21:06:35   
rater202

In Dragonfable, it's a hereditary power--you're either born with it or you're not.

I think, In AQW, it's a class that that hero can get, but stuff isn't always consistent between games.
AQ DF  Post #: 63
8/18/2017 3:21:16   
Dark Lord Urmi

the hero never became a doomknight either...that's the beauty of being non canon almost all restrictions die.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 64
8/18/2017 7:02:47   
Greyor_42

@dark lord urmi

the difference is, canonically, the hero IS physically capable of becoming a doomknight. same with IBR, kathool adept, and pyromancer(heck, even EnTropy is technically doable, and ancient exosuit is just an exosuit you're wearing, so....). they do have the possibility. the same can't be said about arachnomancy. there's a distinct different between "won't happen", and "can't happen".

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 8/18/2017 7:05:01 >
DF  Post #: 65
8/18/2017 9:09:59   
raiogam

quote:

this was never stated. and i'm almost 100% sure that either tomix or someone in game said specifically that arachomancy is a HEREDITARY power, and that because of that, the hero can't learn it. besides, riadne herself said that she can't teach us arachnomancy.

"arachomancy is a HEREDITARY power",yeas they are,i never said "arachomancy not is a HEREDITARY power"
quote:

@Greyor_42

i never said of hero can learn arachnomancer in this post above,i said arachnomancer it need a contract/ritual with spider long ago forgotten and arachnomancer have born into are decendant of the people make contract/ritual with spider
edit: only way of hero learn arachnomancer in time machine to travel to past in time of contract/ritual with spider long ago forgotten are make or created...

< Message edited by raiogam -- 8/18/2017 9:19:38 >
Post #: 66
8/18/2017 9:36:52   
Greyor_42

@raiogam

quote:

i said arachnomancer it need a contract/ritual with spider long ago forgotten

and again, this was never stated.....

quote:

Arachnomancy Origins
Riadne: As far as I know, arachnomancy has been around for a very long time.
Riadne: From various books that my grandma gave me, I've learned that our ancestors originally used arachnomancy to foretell the future.
Riadne: After some time, arachnomancers created a bond with the spiders so strong, that they could communicate with them.
Riadne: Not only that, the spiders were actually teaching us magic that we later called arachnomancy! Magic like this manasilk you see here.
Riadne: We got the knowledge to conjure it from spiders. However, overtime this gift of communication faded...
Riadne: ... but arachnomancers nowadays can still manipulate spider in some ways.

the only thing that was "forgotten", was the gift of communication. there is absolutely NO MENTION of a contract or ritual.

so while arachnalchemy is a forgotten feature, arachnomancy isn't, since it was never intended to be a feature. just lore.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 8/18/2017 10:00:57 >
DF  Post #: 67
8/18/2017 14:13:17   
GammaCavy

Getting back to forgotten features away from this fascinating debate on arachnomancy, which at this point is starting to need it's own thread...
what happened to the ManaStrike? We have the ability to impact and cut down an enemy's mana, but the only enemy that uses any are the Minx faries. Yet there are bosses who can inflict heavy mana penalties on us, penalties we can't retaliate against. (I'm looking at you here, Akriloth). All I'm saying is that it would be nice if the manaStrike was actually useful.
DF  Post #: 68
8/18/2017 14:17:37   
Greyor_42

@gammacavy

i THINK that attacks that target mana were intended for PVP, but never worked(since for some reason skills used by the opponents didn't use the mana they were supposed to).
DF  Post #: 69
8/18/2017 18:23:45   
GammaCavy

Ah. That does make sense. Thanks greyor!
If any devs are reading this, I'm also voting for dragon PvP.
DF  Post #: 70
8/18/2017 21:02:46   
Luckyjazzt

The fact that lots of classes had that feature means I think it was a feature they had on the drawing board for a long time, but they just scrapped it. Especially since none of the newer classes have such abilities.
DF  Post #: 71
8/19/2017 0:11:24   
GammaCavy

I'd also like an upgrade of Elemental Unity to actually... upgrade the damage it deals out. As it stands, a level 80 elemental unity deals the same damage as a level 10, for me.
DF  Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Forgotten Features of Dragonfable
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition