Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 22 of 25«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2017 20:01:37   
  Solanaceae

ArchKnightshade of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

Hmm, there are quite a few of them. Off the top of my head, there's ArchFiend, BeastMaster (still not that good though), Necromancer, Dragonslayer General, the 4 starting classes, DoomKnight, Paladin, ArchPaladin, and arguably Ultra OmniKnight since its 5th skill was bugged and consequently replaced with a different one.
DF AQW  Post #: 526
9/4/2017 20:09:07   
The Finnish Phoenix

The bugged OmniKnight skill was amazing if stacked to 4 though, dealing solid 5-digit damage. If it stacked to 5+ though it reset your enemy's HP and turned them invisible. The new skill isn't as effective but also isn't as potentially risky and horrible.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 527
9/4/2017 20:13:32   
Legendary Ash

Starter classes such as Healer's mana regen, Rogue variants's Viper's kiss and Opportunity strike, Chaos Shaper's Backfire chance was reduced from 40% to 30% while fixing a bug, (Evolved) Shaman's Elemental Embrace/Grasp made auto hit, Troll Spellsmith given resistance on Sigils.
AQ  Post #: 528
9/4/2017 22:16:43   
Edme MacHeath

ArchFiend (Buff, huge buff but didn't quite bring it up to date if you ask me)
ArchPaladin (I guess you could say nerf since the DoT was removed)
Beastmaster
Chaos Shaper (Backfire Reduct)
Chaos Slayer (Pre Release Buff, so I guess technically not a buff)
Chunin (Mana Change)
Cryomancer (Rework)
Necromancer (Buff)
RustBucket (Added hit reduction, Increased damage on skill 1, some mana changes too I believe)
Ultra OmniKnight
Ultra Elemental Warrior (Rework)
MechaJouster (Rework)
Glacial Warlord (Rework
Rogue (Buffs)
Healer (Buffs, mana regen change)
DragonSlayer General
Timekiller (buffs)
Mage (Buffs)
Warrior (buffs)
Shaman (Added HoT, Buffs)
DoomKnight (Essentially a rework if you ask me, or buffs)
Elemental Dracomancer (Nerfed/changed Scales?)
Paladin (buffs/rework)
StoneCrusher (Buffed magnitude to 2 seconds, nerfed resist and removed a DoT)
Blood Titan (Nerfed resist stack)
Daimon (Changed effect name)

There are more but I hope this gives a huger general idea, I tried making each one short and sweet but i'd have to go into way more detail to name every change to a class, some might not include every change.
The idea was to give you a short list of examples of classes that have been changed.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 9/4/2017 22:17:30 >
AQ  Post #: 529
9/5/2017 5:45:19   
Grawlix

Necro's pet attacks are physical right? Is Luck still good in the PTR servers?
AQW  Post #: 530
9/5/2017 12:32:48   
Legendary Ash

Necromancer's Auto attack is weapon based, don't know if they added a spell power component in the update.
AQ  Post #: 531
9/6/2017 17:41:20   
Aura Knight

Anyway, this year's birthday class, if I understand a tweet by Alina correctly, will have something to do with mogloween and I'm hoping it's something relating to vampires, even if we have quite a few classes that have to do with blood already.

And of course, I'm still curious about that monster hunter class. Hope it turns out great and is fun to use.

Removed reference to a deleted post. ~Sol

< Message edited by Solanaceae -- 9/6/2017 18:07:33 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 532
9/6/2017 21:49:07   
The Finnish Phoenix

Here's hoping Monster Hunter is a slightly modified Artifact Hunter.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 533
9/6/2017 23:32:41   
you stop

here's to the dead wait for monster hunter. ive had the faction at rank 10 since alina's 10th anniversary bonus.

derp aside, it would be nice if they turned blood titan and blood ancient into nonmem. then after that, make a lycan-related class instead. we have 4 blood related classes in game already, given that Vampire class is a rogue clone. as for wolf classes, not so much.
AQW  Post #: 534
9/7/2017 7:18:52   
zanathos

I think Lycan class is already a pretty good all-around wolf class as is, I don't really see the need for more. As for Blood Titan and Blood Ancient, I think turning mem classes non-mem is rarely a good idea, especially since Blood Ancient isn't even a viable class right now.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 535
9/8/2017 9:37:34   
Foulman

Has anyone tried a combo of Thief and Wizard on LDMK? It seems to work really well for some reason.
AQW Epic  Post #: 536
9/9/2017 22:33:59   
justin_slayer

Hey guys. Thoughts on ToH, Chaos Slayer Class and Pyro. Repping up on them atm.
AQW  Post #: 537
9/9/2017 23:18:25   
teravor

Chaos Slayer and Pyro are decent, albeit outdated. ToH is, garba- Wait no that's timekiller. Okay, ToH is fast and- wait no that's Chrono Assassin.

ToH is forgettable and nobody cares about it.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 538
9/9/2017 23:22:55   
fxmybrute13

ToH's one and only use is to kill Nulgath. But there is really no point in killing Nulgath anyways.
DF AQW  Post #: 539
9/9/2017 23:24:01   
Aura Knight

ToH is fun enough to use. Nothing too special other than it can make monster damage itself but with the evasion of the class, it seems like a wasted ability. Chaos slayer is very powerful, easy enough to use, but a tad risky in that you never know what effects you'll get from the 3rd and 5th skills as well as an unpredictable heal which could sometimes only be a damage reduction ability. However, as long as you avoid using skill 5 if you proc the courageous effect from skill 3, you should do well with the class. Pyro is a burst damage class that can't really do too well in many situations. The heal's weak and on a somewhat long cooldown and the shield effect would be better if it lasted a few seconds longer. There is some good damage from skill 5 but that's about it. Cryomancer, the class which I assume should be the counterpart for pyromancer, is a lot better in what it does. The one good thing about pyro is that it's a stepping stone to one of the best farming classes in game, blazebinder. Also, going back to thief of hours, if you're a member you can get a better version of this class in the form of chrono assassin. None of the classes listed are the best at anything but if you want a class that can do everything, chaos slayer's the one I'd recommend using.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 540
9/10/2017 0:10:41   
iDreadnaut

Chaos Slayer is a tad underrated nowadays, but the class is great if you know how to use it. Easily one of the top 10 solo classes, if you ask me. It has no mana issues, has great damage output. You just need to watch out for two things:
1 - Never use skill [5] if you get Courageous from [3] (though you might survive with the amount of debuffs this class applies).
2 - Spam skill [4] as soon as possible. You have zero mana issues, there's no reason not to spam it. You'll either get a shield or heal, so never decide to use it only when your HP is low, that's asking to be defeated.
AQW  Post #: 541
9/10/2017 4:08:53   
you stop

quote:

I think Lycan class is already a pretty good all-around wolf class as is, I don't really see the need for more.

quote:

I think turning mem classes non-mem is rarely a good idea, especially since Blood Ancient isn't even a viable class right now.

im not concerned about the viability of the classes. it's more of the availability of them.
AQW  Post #: 542
9/10/2017 9:36:19   
darkhl7

btw do u guys switch enh r still just using luk and wiz on normal server untill rewrite?
Post #: 543
9/10/2017 9:43:05   
Metakirby

I'm for the most part too lazy to switch enhancements and try out new builds, I'm just using what I know works until something changes.
well over 80% of my enhanceable items are either Wiz or Luck right now.
AQW  Post #: 544
9/11/2017 0:33:54   
you stop

apart from the classes that actually need fighter to work (flame dragon warrior), i only do one of the three:
1. 3 wiz 1 luck (on stonecrusher to be specific)
2. full wiz
3. full luck

but atm, im just using luck classes just because im lazy to keep switching gears

< Message edited by you stop -- 9/11/2017 0:34:50 >
AQW  Post #: 545
9/11/2017 9:11:29   
TsumetheWolf

I actually only use full wizard and luck now on classes that may benefit it, on both the PTR and Live servers.
As an example, I still find wizard to be a better fit for Abyssal Angel than it's recommended Spellbreaker, for now at least. I may try one or two enhancements again and see how it pans out.

As for the physical classes, i'd been messing about with enhancements- some classes such as Blademaster don't really feel right without thief enhancements, and Rogue (variants) seem quite nice with half-thief and half luck after the changes recently. I also run Void Highlord with a fighter enhancement on the class, and it serves me well.

For ease of access, sometimes i'll keep capes, helms and weapons enhanced with fighter, thief and wizard, which allows me to mix and match without having to switch out enhancements on the classes or purchase more.
Post #: 546
9/12/2017 20:29:08   
Ryuyasha

What do you all think is the single best skill in the game? Skills that get support or extra effects with the help of another skill (e.g. Temporal Rift Collapse, Inverted Light, Glacial Berserker's) don't count.

< Message edited by Ryuyasha -- 9/12/2017 20:33:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 547
9/12/2017 20:47:49   
Aura Knight

For me, that would have to be Weaken from the necromancer class. Reduces monster damage, heals you, is on a low cooldown and has a manageable mana cost. What's not to like? Times were simpler when you could just weaken spam everything and win.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 9/12/2017 20:48:20 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 548
9/13/2017 0:01:15   
zanathos

Imo, Archpaladin's Commandment, because through it you can build up a near-impenetrable defense of missed hits rather quickly, making most solos and boss fights a breeze
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 549
9/13/2017 0:23:10   
  kaos rules x

Shadow Slayin' ArchKnight of AQW GD

I'd probably say that Commandment on ArchPaladin or Illuminate on LightCaster hold up as the most helpful moves. Commandment makes your hero virtually untouchable over a long fight. On the other hand, Illuminate provides healing and instantaneous buffs that increase damage, crit damage, crit chance, hit chance, dodge chance, haste and damage resistance. That's a crazy number of buffs.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 22 of 25«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition