Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 25«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2017 11:40:50   
ghoal

these enhancements work well in PvE and PvP:
dragonlord - 2 luck, 1 thief on the helm/weapon, 1 fighter on the helm/weapon
defender - 2 luck, 1 thief on the cape, 1 fighter on the class
warrior - 2 luck, 1 thief on the cape, 1 fighter on the class
paladinslayer - 3 luck, 1 fighter on the helm/weapon

< Message edited by ghoal -- 7/12/2017 11:42:52 >
AQW  Post #: 51
7/12/2017 15:37:13   
axell5

Why would defender and warrior need evasion tho? :o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
7/12/2017 17:35:11   
ghoal

Player Stats from the Player Handbook said: "Dexterity: Valuable to melee-based classes, it increases haste, hit chance, and evasion chance."

< Message edited by ghoal -- 7/12/2017 17:36:48 >
AQW  Post #: 53
7/12/2017 18:39:15   
Edme MacHeath

You might want to take the Stat Handbook with a grain of salt, it's over 5 years old and severely outdated. Dexterity may be good for melee based classes but Luck is far more valuable to any physical class. What the handbook is saying is that dexterity affects haste, hit chance and evasion chance but that doesn't mean it's the best stat to focus on melee classes. Warrior suffers from fighter and thief, giving it almost unnoticeable changes in survival but sacrificing a lot of damage. Feel free to add a fighter or two on defender considering the heal's defense is based on ATK power.
AQ  Post #: 54
7/12/2017 19:21:55   
ghoal

luck boosts all your other stats so that is why mixing enhancements is better, you are free to test my builds against the full luck build and tell me your thoughts.

< Message edited by ghoal -- 7/12/2017 19:22:41 >
AQW  Post #: 55
7/12/2017 20:05:56   
  Solanaceae

ArchKnightshade of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

The Player Handbook might be pretty old, but I don't think it has any glaring inaccuracies. Legendary Ash's guide for stats matches up with what the official website says, as well as a few tests I've done to verify their numbers. It seems that the strength of Luck is that for skills that do split physical and magical damage, it's strictly better than an equal amount of Strength or Intellect due to the extra crit damage on top of buffing your attack and spell power.
DF AQW  Post #: 56
7/12/2017 20:58:57   
Edme MacHeath

Giving thief to warrior though doesn't give it the most STR and doesn't give any luck so you have so little damage. The alternatives are lucky and fighter, and I've always thought fighter was bad, it gives less of everything except crit chance to melee classes and also doesn't give great damage. Mixing luck and something else doesn't make much sense unless in special cases where you want more non crit damage or have a skill that's affected by ATK power. any few % of haste/hit/evasion is bad when you lose 20-50% of your DPS. Also fighter and defender are not hybrid in any way. Defender has 3 pure physical skills and 1 pure magical that applies a defense based on ATK power. In pure physical skills even having the low crit chance of around 20% with fighter classes is more than enough to justify a crit that deals 3-4x the normal damage. My side is that since fighter classes have the poorest stats overall, Lowest haste ingame. Second lowest crit chance ingame, low hit chance and low evasion. You will never have enough dodge or crit chance or haste with fighter classes to justify boosting it.

There aren't many glaring inacurracies in the player handbook but it does make it sound like dexterity is the best stat for melee classes period.
The only real inaccuracy is stating luck may have effects outside of combat, which it doesn't.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 7/12/2017 21:13:22 >
AQ  Post #: 57
7/12/2017 23:19:37   
ghoal

your real luck does tho, lol, that statement was a joke.

Archpaladin can safely solo the Mutated Void Dragon.
O.o

< Message edited by ghoal -- 7/14/2017 1:01:20 >
AQW  Post #: 58
7/14/2017 15:38:06   
savor

Hi, i just got back to the game after like a 8 - 9 months of being inactive..

i know there has been a lot of updates in the last couple of months..

but can someone give me a rundown/summary of class changes? especially the effects of the level cap being raised to 85.

for Shaman, BB, ArchPaladin, Defender, and Artifact Hunter.

currently i'm level 70 using LC as my solo/boss class and alternating BB/Shaman for Farming..

Thanks for those that are willing to answer :)

as Artix said, Battle On!

< Message edited by savor -- 7/14/2017 15:40:07 >

" We Gamers Don't Die, We Respawn"
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 59
7/14/2017 15:51:44   
axell5

@ghoal VHL can solo mutated void dragon without breaking a sweat too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
7/15/2017 10:33:06   
you stop

@savor

1. Shaman - reliable farming class, contending Blaze Binder for the top spot (im still leaning towards blaze binder tho, #TeamBlazeBinder). Lvl 85 enh just means more damage, more haste, more accuracy
2. Blaze Binder - im not sure if they put any change but basically same as shaman's lvl 85 enh, aka higher damage + higher haste
3. ArchPaladin - fully loopable Righteous Seal with full Wiz enh (i tested it, there was a small down time at lvl 65 enh). As for Luck, there's that small down time (somewhat negligible) but u get more damage with Luck due to most of your spells being hybrid (u dont really press 5 till the end). Full wiz lets u hit 50 stacks faster than luck would :^)
4. Defender - never bothered using mine
5. Artifact Hunter - i dont have this class
AQW  Post #: 61
7/15/2017 14:11:49   
Aggreron

Just got to rank 10 for sandsea, troll and horc so was wondering, full luck for master ranger/horc evader and full wizard for troll spellsmith right?

< Message edited by Aggreron -- 7/15/2017 14:12:26 >
AQW  Post #: 62
7/15/2017 14:18:44   
axell5

Does anyone know the amount that paladinslayer's Undead Power skill's DMG/dodge buff ammount?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
7/15/2017 14:36:10   
Aggreron

IIRC the damage buff is 60%, not too sure about the dodge part though.
AQW  Post #: 64
7/15/2017 18:34:11   
Pokemaster13

@savor

Ditto what @you stop said for shaman and bb, but imo, it's entirely mob hp dependent which is better.

Don't have archpala or defender, but artifact hunter's become pretty obsolete now unfortunately. Not outstanding at anything, really. It was never very good actually, though it used to be pretty good at killing low hp bosses.
Post #: 65
7/15/2017 19:45:59   
savor

thanks so much for your answers :)

how about SSoT ?

is it worth it?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 66
7/15/2017 22:36:21   
MaligKnight

I'm so grateful of this stealth change they did to Chaos Shaper. too bad the mana costs are still a little on the expensive side but it can be worked around

Edit: Now instead it seems like the Death Grip ability is bugged, as sometimes when i use it the skill will either deal the full 400% crit damage, deal half of the damage intended and backfire as stated, deal no damage and backfire anyway, or simply do nothing and is just a waste of mana. i've only been testing this stuff against the onyx lava dragon as of late

< Message edited by MaligKnight -- 7/15/2017 23:42:45 >
DF AQW  Post #: 67
7/16/2017 9:05:45   
you stop

@savor: Straight up answer: If you're playing with friends with SC, yes SSoT is worth it. If youre a solo player, no it's not. I'll explain below this.

(NOTE: if ure watching Korey vids regarding his opinions on SSoT, disregard them. he doesnt know how to use the class.)

anyway, if u dont, scrap that part and here's my short analysis on the class (im comparing them to ur classes):

Solo: Tbh, lightcaster and stonecrusher (and even chaos slayer to some extent) are better than SSoT. by better, i dont necessarily mean DPS (in fact SSoT's got a respectable one), it's just that managing your resources is quite a hassle due to high mana costs and one of your skills costing a lot of hp. Your heal costs 45 mana and is only a mediocre HoT. Your mana regen type isnt the best for a class that has high mana costs and you requiring a LOT of mana to use the entire skillset (even just to access your HoT + Mana Regen abilities).

Farming: You got Shaman + Blaze Binder. Dont even bother using this class to farm lol, not when u have those two.

HOWEVER (this is where everything turns around): Pairing SSoT with a StoneCrusher just turns this class into a spambot that does scaling damage. By scaling damage, I mean you just keep increasing your dps as long as your combo-ing perfectly. Alone, SSoT doesnt have enough haste to loop its nuke combo (i'll discuss later how to). With SC, you can just constantly loop it and you just start growing and growing in damage as time passes. Not only that, SC also solves your resource issues, lowering your mana costs and adding to your poor HoT.

How to use the class:
1. Solo - 2 3 5 4 2 3 2, then wait again for your 2 to come up then repeat 2 3 5 4 2 3 combo. If you ever run out of mana, just 2 5 4 2 3 2 (aka skip the first press of 3)
2. With SC - 2 3 5 4 2 3 2 then just repeat and watch your damage stack up.
AQW  Post #: 68
7/16/2017 9:33:46   
Aggreron

how much is the haste reduction on HE's smell fear?
AQW  Post #: 69
7/16/2017 10:07:35   
polot38

Hey! I'm returning after a few months of inactivity. I have a few questions about classes.

First, what updates have been made to classes? Before I took a break, I used to use a mix of Ultra Omni-Knight, Stone-Crusher, and (what is now called classic) Legion Doomknight for larger bosses, depending on what other classes people were using, and mostly Blazebinder for multi-enemy farming, with occasionally switching to shaman. I noticed that UOK's 5 was fixed or altered, but were there any other changes?

Second, how does classic LDK compare to regular LDK? I noticed that a guy at the soulforge gave me the new one for free; it is worth simply banking one of them? Do they have at all unique purposes?

Finally, I have a few question about the new classes.

Is lightcaster available now? I see that it is listed as seasonal; is it currently in season? What about glacial berserker?

I got the arch-paladin class recently. It seems kinda weak compared to the other classes that I'm used to using. Is there any special thing I should be doing with it? I also haven't tested it against undead; how good is it there?

How good is the void highlord class? Also, in terms of BLoD/Armor of Awe, how time consuming is it to farm for?

< Message edited by polot38 -- 7/16/2017 10:13:15 >
AQW  Post #: 70
7/16/2017 10:34:47   
iDreadnaut

@savor

If you don't have anything better. I think it's worth it.

quote:

1. Solo - 2 3 5 4 2 3 2, then wait again for your 2 to come up then repeat 2 3 5 4 2 3 combo. If you ever run out of mana, just 2 5 4 2 3 2 (aka skip the first press of 3)

That's a lot of HoT for a dodge class.
I go full damage on solo and I rarely have mana issues, and awe enh just makes things easier.
With or without awe enh, I suggest the combo: 2, wait a few seconds, 5 3 2 4 3, wait until you get to ~65+ MP and repeat 5 3 2 4 3, wait ~65+ MP, and so on.
Whether or not you run into mana issues highly depends on the amount of dodged attacks. I've been soloing Ultra Alteon (/alteonbattle, 220-350 AA) with this combo just fine, with increasing DPS.

@polot

1 - I think that was the only change to UOK.
2 - IIRC, Classic LDK has better Burst damage and New LDK has better long-term damage.
3 - Nope, it should return on September, however, if you have the (Evolved) LightCaster armor, you can get the class in /celestialrealm.
Glacial Berserker is a great class for solos, one of the best. Zero mana issues, pretty good healing, lots of buffs to self and debuffs to enemy. Even if it's not AC-tagged, it's worth making room for it in your inventory.
4 - ArchPaladin is good for two things: farming undead monsters and soloing very hard hitting bosses (those that can One Hit KO anyone) without breaking a sweat.
5 - Void Highlord is considered the best non-heromart class anyone can get. It has nuke, it has haste buff, crit damage buff. It can play offensively and defensively, and alternate between these two in an instant.
BLoD and AoA mostly depend on your free time. This should be better answered in the =AQW= Farming Discussion Thread.

< Message edited by iDreadnaut -- 7/16/2017 10:53:01 >
AQW  Post #: 71
7/16/2017 11:37:19   
you stop

quote:

2, wait a few seconds, 5 3 2 4 3, wait until you get to ~65+ MP and repeat 5 3 2 4 3, wait ~65+ MP, and so on.

I disagree with the last part. You lose the DoT by doing that. 2, when casted without 5, is a DoT, not a HoT. Another thing, casting 3 without casting 5 first is a 20% increase to the damage taken by the monster from all sources. Now, by doing the combo you stated, the class is gonna miss out a lot of damage coming from the DoT on 2 and the damage buff on 3. Reason why I run out of mana is because I sometimes mindlessly press 3 without paying attention to cooldowns (as I am used to playing the class with a StoneCrusher by my side). Apart from that, I wouldnt run out of mana if I simply paid enough attention.

Edit: I tried out your combo. Seems like sure I do enough burst, but I end up losing on dps at some point in time due to running low on resources. And yes, I did wait out till I had enough mana but I end up running low on HP by doing so. The combo I stated just doesnt run out of resources by my experience. Though I must admit, it is fun seeing some high numbers on my screen.

Edit2: After a few tests, some fun numbers on nukes (full Luck lvl 80 enh, with Spiral Carve):
My combo: consistent 10-13k DoT
Quoted combo: first pops at about 800-1k then next is about 10k. Next round goes somewhere at 800-1k then 10k-12k again after that. Values go up as much as 15k-20k IF I spam my abilities but I end up running low on resources, most especially mana.

< Message edited by you stop -- 7/16/2017 11:58:17 >
AQW  Post #: 72
7/16/2017 11:51:12   
TRroaringdragon

For Horc Evader unless you're looking for damage, Full Thief is better for soloing since you have no heals
At level 85 Horc Evader with full stacks of Shadow Strike and Smell Fear is untouchable
Post #: 73
7/16/2017 13:29:05   
  Solanaceae

ArchKnightshade of AQW GD/Q&A/Guides

I decided to take SSoT out for a spin after seeing people talking about it again. Using full level 85 Lucky (no Awe, no 15% damage boost), I just spammed 5 4 3 2 3 over and over. If I ran low on MP, I would omit either one or both casts of Umbral Stigma. The result was that I kept getting increasingly stronger DoTs, until I got to around 30k for each cast of Umbral Stigma and maintained this for several casts of Temporal Eclipse before having to recover MP again. The highest DoT I saw was 39k. I think this is because since I'm spamming Temporal Eclipse whenever it's ready, the first cast of Umbral Stigma is buffed by the previous Temporal Eclipse's last cast of Umbral Stigma since it happens within the past 10 seconds. I'm not entirely sure, though, since seemingly at random my DoT plummeted to 4k, then climbed up to 18k.

There also isn't really an issue of survivability, since you spam Temporal Eclipse and therefore cast the HoT more often.
DF AQW  Post #: 74
7/16/2017 14:22:50   
Metakirby

Are Awe procs affected by magnitude? I swear I did sudden 10k+ crits with SC while the last skill being on cooldown.
AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 25«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition